Banana Bungalow Hollywood Reviews

5920 Hollywood Boulevard, Hollywood, Los Angeles, USA

Karaoke night isn't fun for the rest of the guests not participating. Unipersonal staff in reception, but nice at breakfast

One of the best hostels in USA I ever stayed.

Great hostel, very cool vibe and great nightlife activities, good location. Coming into the cooler months I think you need to provide more than just sheets on the beds, it gets cold at night!

A fantastic hostel right in the heart of Hollywood, LA. Every night they organized social events which even sometimes included free food, alcohol and comedy! Definitely one of the friendliest group of staff members I've found. Only issue was some of my friends were in a really grungy room where they fit 14 people across two connected rooms which reeked constantly.

Very loud, even in your room with doors/windows closed. Recommend to bring ear plugs. If you are not a partier, this is probably not a good hostel for you. It was a bad fit for me.

We enjoyed our stay in the hostel. It is located in East Hollywood close to all the main attractions. Hollywood/Vine Metro station is also just 3 blocks away. The rooms were nice and each one has its own bathroom and kitchen. The overall atmosphere in the social area is also great and we met quite a few great people!

First time in a hostel and it was one of the best experiences I've ever had. Endless activities, amazing people, and great staff. Will be staying here again ASAP

PARTY HOSTEL If you're looking to sleep at least 6 hours per night, DO NOT STAY HERE! But if you're looking for having a great time, socializing, meeting great people and partying around, this is definitely the place. All of the staff are mega friendly and fun, they do a great job. The beds are noisy and there's plenty of noise even late at night. Very fun hostel. They provide 3 Mac computers for us to use, they also offer some free open bar nights which are amazing and have different activities

Excellent hostel with a great vibe, always something going on.

It really is a party hostel with lots of activities and stuff, but the music is very very loud and it plays very late, so it's hard to go to sleep before the party is over. Breakfast is just cereal and toast and coffee, and since the vending machine was broken there wasn't any bottled water in the whole place. Lockers are super small and the beds are shaky. Everything is ok clean and ok condition, but nothing is too special.

Great hostel to stay at. Wonderful staff,facilities and atmosphere. They even let us to stay in the common room till late drinking and talking. Definitely a must.

Great place! On the Saturday night you can pay $15 and get dropped off at another hostel for a party with free drinks (spirits and mixers!) and appetisers. I can say that I was smashed when leaving so the drinks and value for money. Also gets you into a cool club downtown for free. Very sociable place, very easy to meet people as there is a lot of common space. The guy with the beard at the front desk is amazing - our booking was wrong and he sorted it all out and went above and beyond for us :)

Rooms have kitchen/dining areas and good size bathrooms but there is no aircon and the beds are very wobbly squeaky metal bunks wit uncomfortable mattresses. Common area does free food some nights and free drinks all night some nights as well which is incredible. I left early because I was sleeping terribly in the heat and had a top bunk which meant everytime I moved even slightly I would make heaps of noise.

If you come to Hollywood to party, this is the place to be!. Else you can better find a different overnight stay.

Great location if you want to be in the middle of hollywood, was a bit hot when we stayed which made it hard to sleep as the sun sets on most the rooms. Was clean and the comedy night was mint but would stay at west hollywood banana bungalow if your looking for more vibe and atmosphere.

The stay was nice, such an all the people around. The room wasn't ba, you habe your own bath and kitchen, wich was very nice.

Great hostel and a lot of fun, only negative thing for me was that the staff thought my bed was empty and gave it away to another guest and through out my towel and shorts in the process.

Perfect hostel. Very large rooms with their own kitchen and bathroom. Lots of common area, people are very friendly, a lot of meetups, programs and free tours. Perfect location. The place to be in L.A. without any hesitation!

Great hostel with a cool atmosphere! The location is ideal! Was just a little put off by the lady at reception who seemed bothered every time I asked her a question! However, how definitely stay here again and would definitely recommend to others.

• 9th Oct 2015

If you plan on partying until wee hours in the morning, fine. If you want peace and quite this is NOT the place. Parties went until 2 am, constant roommate changes (more often then normal), over price excursions. Didn't bother me as I was on vacay and had a car to do my own thing (which I STRONGLY recommend doing). The breakfast was a joke, so don't get your hopes up. 3 types of bland cereal or bread with jelly, coffee or tea and banana or orange. -_- No juice, so don't ask. Overall its okay.