Banana Bungalow Hollywood Reviews

5920 Hollywood Boulevard, Hollywood, Los Angeles, USA

awesome place to stay! staff were very helpful, rooms were awesome i was expecting alot worse! the location is close to hollywood but hollywood isnt what its cracked upto be but thats not their fault!

Banana Bungalow was fabulous for me, as a solo traveller. Every night there was something to get involved with! I met amazing people from all over the world who I could spend my days exploring with.

Amzing place! Love Oscar :))

Walking distance to Hollywood

Very noisy in the evenings. Dorms arent cleaned til late afternoon.

Everything you could ask for in a hostel! All the staff were really friendly and tried to get everyone involved with hostel activities. Room was really clean and shower was amazing!

Came to LA for business. This was great location close to train. Beds were comfortable. Nice bathroom with hot shower. Comp breakfast was added bonus. $5.00 Sunday dinner was great.

Hostel was conveniently located about 4 blocks from train. Great value for the money. Was able to get everywhere by public transportation. Fair breakfeast and $5.00 Sunday night dinner was great! Would have preferred for them to have quiet in courtyard with no music after 10PM. Beds were comfortable and good bathroom facilities.

We enjoyed our stay and the staff was pretty on top of things. Seemed like there were lots of group activities, but nothing for under 21

The shuttle from LAX cost $14, it was 3:30am, I got service like it was 11am. It was absolutely perfect, I have zero complaints and will DEFINITELY book there again!!

• 27th Feb 2015
  • Jamaica

Amazing value for money! Central location. Awesome facilities-basketball, foosball and pooltable. Kitchen and bathroom in the rooms. Free light breakfast and cheap nightly bar crawls and activities. Beds a little squeaky but apart from that, one of the best hostels i stayed in while in the states.

This was the second time I have stayed here. The rooms are big and clean, it is an easy place to meet people if you are travelling solo, the breakfast and the free taco nights are great and the live band / karaoke night is a lot of fun.

Only stayed for one night, but it was Friday and I joined for the night out in Hollywood. Had a blast and would definitely recommend as a party hostel.

Had a good experience at the banana

Had an amazing time here! Great if you're looking for good nights life. It can be noisy when they have karaoke

We stayed here for one night on a lay over and a very quick day trip of LA. The beds were quite squeaky, decent kitchen and ensuite though. The staff were lovely and so helpful and friendly. The highlight for us was the breakfast, after spending 5 months without decent cereal etc we were so excited when we saw cereal, yummy porridge, toast, Nutella and peanut butter, heaven! 😄

I really liked this hostel. Cozy place, nice staff!

I loved my stay here at the Banana Bungalow. The location is great. The staff were fun. The activities were cool too. Breakfast was good. I would stay here again.

• 11th Feb 2015
  • South Africa

2nd time at this hostel, 1st time was ok but things seemed to have improved this time as hostel seemed cleaner & more organised. Great location on Hollywood boulevard, good free breakfast, & a comfy clean bed. Happy with everything & will return next time in LA. Thanks

Loved this hostel! Helpful staff booked day tours, transfers etc. great breakfast. Organised night activities were great for socialising! Free alcohol and karaoke is always a win. Would recommend