Banana Bungalow Hollywood Reviews

5920 Hollywood Boulevard, Hollywood, Los Angeles, USA

Upon our departure there was one guest / employee (he had a broom in his hands) who was really obtrusive. You asked us couple of times if we can take him with us for 40 bucks and also walked infront of our car. I already saw him once I checked out in the entrance room, but the employee behind the desk just laughed at him...

• 30th Sep 2015

It was a convenient place to stay for a night. Easy to find and everything you needed was in your room. It was interesting though to be put in a mixed dorm full with males and being the only female - surely they would have considered it before putting me in there. But it worked out okay.

• 22nd Sep 2015
  • New Zealand

Me and my friend had done hostels in Vancouver, Seattle, Portland, San Francisco and Santa Barbara at this point and this was BY FAR THE WORST. If your younger and just want to party and don't care about cockroaches in your room then this might be an ok place for you. We checked in at 10 and checked out a 1030 because it was so horrible. They said they would give me my money back for the inconvenience but ended up DOUBLE CHARGING me. Still trying to get my money back from September...

Nice hostel at the end of hollywood boulevard. Location wise at night you can meet various types of people, looks safe but wouldn't wonder far from the main street. Atmosphere at the hostel was awesome, however cooling in the room was just a warm breeze in the room. Rooms large and had kitchen and bathrooms. Very pleased with the stay

I stayed at Banana Bangalow West in a private room for 4. Overall the hostel offers a fair value for the money and staff is really attentious; however my biggest complaint is regarding the cleanliness of the room. I had trouble with some bed bugs (3 out of 4 girls in my room had it) what caused me a big injury and marks all over my body. Back to my home town I had to go to the hospital and today (1 week after my return) it is still very bad. Hostel staff should give more attention to it.

Awesome hostel with a cool party vibe! Ideal location, good breakfast, good wifi, spacious room and really friendly staff. I'll definitely stay here again when I come back to LA

Definitely avoid unless you want a party hostel.

• 7th Sep 2015

Breakfast was not so good ! Staff was a little unattentive, but the ambience is awesome ! Great place to mwet people and party!

• 7th Sep 2015

Hostel was disgusting! We found roaches in the closet and in the bathroom and the guys were complaining about bed bugs!! Seriously the dirtiest hostel i've ever stayed at and I usually don't complaint about anything. Also, the kitchen inside the rooms made for a horrible smell in the room. They advertise that as a positive thing but its not!!People were boiling chicken and the whole room smelled horrible. Def will never stay there again. Be Ware!

So nice I extended my stay for the rest of the week! Then again, it also really depends on the company.

I stay with this hostel at least 3 nights everytime I come to hollywood. If you are a first time traveler, book with this hostel. The staff is so friendly and welcoming and they put together all kinds of fun nights out. If you dont meet at least 3 people who will be potential friends, you must be hiding in your room and not trying to have fun. Good Vibe only here! :)

The long hair guy who works there is so nice and friendly! I Highly recommend this hostel.

Best hostel ever! :)

Really enjoyed our very first stay in a hostel!!

• 22nd Aug 2015
  • Northern Ireland

Very good atmosphere. Lots of young people looking to party, which was exactly what we wanted. Good size room with private bathroom and kitchen.

Excellent hostel, great facilities and party room. Would go back there!

I didn't exactly have the most pleasant stay - the staff were having their own conversations with others in reception while I was checking in, the breakfast was minimal, I wasn't really told about the facilities available and I came back to my room at 1am to find someone in my bed and a note on the door saying 'Angela, please come to reception ASAP'. I had been moved rooms without notice so had to collect my stuff (which was all across the room), remake my bed etc. which was very inconvenient.

The staff worked together to provide great service! Each individual was helpful, minus the guy checking us in. Breakfast was fantastic, and the atmosphere was great! I appreciated that we did not need to worry about what time we came in at night. Parking was rough. We usually had to park right next to the facility as the lot was full at night. Still, definitely a secure area and worth your money. I recommend this hostel, and I look forward to future visits.

Very cool place has its own parking inside. hostel room had kitchen and bathroom. nice towels fluffy unlike most places. Laundry on site and breakfast. It's near the Hollywood sign. The guy who checked me in I think Oscar was his name explained everything well and was cool about everything. This is a great value one of the best I've been to.

Very well run hostel. Good events! The beds were awful though....

1 2 3 Next » last »