Banana Bungalow Hollywood Reviews

5920 Hollywood Boulevard, Hollywood, Los Angeles, USA

good hostel. recommended. people are nice and friendly. they are happy to give suggestions and helps

Great Location, Friendly Staff and Chill Vibe, if I come back to LA, this would be the spot.

• 29th Apr 2015
  • Uruguay

Great choice of hostel, really close to the boulevard. Clean, secure and lots of stuff to do at the hostel. No complaints!

Banana Bungalow is great! People are nice and the rooms clean with kitchen and bathroom. My favourite hostel by far, recommend it!

Is a place more likely for youth. Awesome atmosphere

• 24th Apr 2015
  • Colombia

Had a great time at the Banana Bungalow, there was heaps of opportunities to make friends and they had a wide range of activities to sign up for at a great price. Lots of free dinners and beer, would recommend especially to a single traveller or if you don't have a car as they do lots of trips to popular spots on the cheap

I really enjoyed my stay at banana bungalow. Very chill and relaxing environment and the staff was super nice and friendly! Would come back here again!

• 20th Apr 2015

Staff were excellent in encouraging group activities for the night which is great when you're travelling solo. good location.

Very friendly and always helping staff, the dinners are amazing and so are the social events at night!

Great place to stay - clean, comfortable rooms with lots of included activities

I booked a 4-bed room but realized that there are in fact 2 rooms linked together to share one bathroom and a kitchen. It's nice to have a TV in the room but sometimes it can be noisy if people in another room are chatting and watching TV. It is convenient to go to nearby metro station and only 2 metro stations away from Universal studios.

Great location in Hollywood, next to metro station and all iconic things of hollywood are within walking distance on the same street. Facilities are clean, staffs are friendly. Nice hostel

Could not recommend this hostel more, I had the best time here, everything is amazing, except could do with a swimming pool and duvets in winter! Big shout out to Armani (apologies if I have spelt that wrong!), best driver ever! Stay here and get involved!

The best thing about this hostel for me was the social atmosphere, as I came to LA for the first time as a solo traveller for only a few nights. Something was going on almost every night, so I got the chance to meet lots of other people. In particular the wine tasting evening and free taco/karaoke night was surprisingly fun (beforehand I could only picture it being somewhat cringe-worthy), helped along by free drinks! I found the staff to be friendly and helpful, and a good laugh to boot!

This hostel is full of mold. Me and my friend got really sick (really sore throats, hard to breathe) after the first night and were sick the whole time (5 days). The symptoms were familiar and we got better soon after we left the hostel. Also our room mates got sick and they didn't have the flu either. The free breakfast was allright: toast, jam, peanut butter, nutella, fruits, oatmeel, tea, coffee, juice. The parties were ok and it's also a good thing that there's food every night (not free).

Great hostel. Rooms have own bathroom and kitchen which is so useful. Shower was good. Wifi didnt reach our room on second floor very well and was slow at peak times but good in common areas. Breakfast was great, as were free tacos for dinner. Lively and loud hostel great location for Hollywood and easy access to bus services/station.

Super mellow helpful staff. Amazing common areas and great activities offered

• 30th Mar 2015
  • Argentina

I only stayed here one night coming straight from the airport (intercontinental flight) so I mainly used it for sleeping. But the rooms were awesome with ensuite bathroom and kitchen, never seen that before in a hostel. The bed was squeeky but comfortable. They seemed to offer a lot of activities but I didn't look into them very well. Would come back here

Brilliant hostel. One of the best ive stayed in! Lively atmosphere, free food, kitchens in the rooms, what more can you want?! Wouldn't do some of their tours / shuttles, can get to all of the places offered cheaper on public transport (just may take a little longer)

first time in Hollywood, I already went in west hollywood and I loved it. I love it in Hollywood too, clean, nice staff, if I'm going in LA again, I will go there! fiew blocks from Hollywood Boulevard where the names of famous people are. Really good breakfast, I mean for me the toast and tea and coffe were enough, but you have cereal and milk too.