Banana Bungalow West Hollywood Reviews

603 N, Fairfax Ave, Los Angeles, USA

We had to wait 24 hours to get our towels. At breakfast, they did not replace the food that was over.

One of the best hostels I've ever stayed in! Such a fun atmosphere, great staff and convenient location. Highly recommended!

Great place for activities every night. Had a great time there and outside of the hostel. They took us to go bar hopping in Hollywood.

• 16th Mar 2015

Very friendly environment with nice people, both staff and guests. I checked in alone and checked out with new friends! Very recommended

• 9th Mar 2015

Very good commom areas. Nice events every night!

Lively atmosphere and good times. The only downside of this hostel is the location. I'd reccomend the Hollywood Banana Bungalow instead of West Hollywood

I heard there are worse places, I say there are better..! It's far from clean and everything is very run down. The people are cool but the security is close to non existent.. Shame, the location is great so with a bit more effort it could make a lovely place..

Not for all age groups, perfect atmosphere for pre party drinks before partying in L.A

• 8th Feb 2015

I liked it!

I thought the place smelled kind of weird but they did a lot of night activities and even do some free food which is pretty sweet. Staff weren't overly accommodating, more into each other. Lockers in the forms could be much sturdier - two guys could definitely pick it up and leave.

Very clean and great facilities including on site laundry, big kitchen and kitchen storage, tvs, computers and lounges, outdoor areas etc so nice environment. Helpful staff. Basic rooms. Location is good but everything in LA is so spread out and public transport isn't the best so getting to/from anywhere not in walking distance is annoying (that's LA though, not the hostel). Lots of activities organised day and night to join if you want. Good experience, would recommend.

The ceiling in our dorm was leaking when I arrived. The girl at reception was happy to give me another dorm though. Out of the multiple staff only two were helpful and friendly, the others were dismissive. Free tea and coffee all day and a decent free breakfast, plus free luggage storage and free lockers for when you check out.

Flexible and helpful staff, great place to stay, I can't wait to book here my next trip out!

• 28th Jan 2015

Only spent one night here due to change of plans, but the staff were very nice and accommodating. The room faced a busy street and with the windows open, it got a little loud at night, but nothing a tired traveler can't sleep through. I will stay here again if I come back to LA :)

If you're a first-time visitor to Los Angeles, this is a great place to stay. The location is super central to all kinds of hotspots - esp. WeHo nightlife - and the restaurants, coffee shops and bars down Fairfax (just a few blocks from the hostel) can't be beat. Definitely a place for travelers who like to party and socialize with others in the hostel. If that's not your thing, totally fine. But it's a fun stay that's cozy and quiet enough to get a good night's rest.

• 16th Jan 2015

nice staff, very cool atmosphere to get in touch... ;)

Great stay, great atmosphere, friendly staff, easy checking in process Will definitely recommend to others travelling to LA

• 13th Jan 2015

Had a great time there, the energy of the hostel was excellent. I went to the party they organize with their sister hostel and had a really great time. Breakfast could be a little better but nothing too different from other hostels. All around great place!

This is a fantastic party hostel ... great place to meet people ... tons of activities phenomenal atmosphere and people... hreat touristic plans too... and all with good value. they make a strong attempt to get its travellers to network and socialise. Great atmosphere and infrastructure also.. Highly recommended. There is tons of free stuff in the hostel price .breakfast and some drinks and food in the night tooo...

I have stayed in Hostels all over the world and my expectations for hostels are always low, lol. However, this one was the most clean and organized I have ever stayed.

• 31st Dec 2014