Banana Bungalow West Hollywood Reviews

603 N, Fairfax Ave, Los Angeles, USA

I loved the location of the hostel, great area. Free parking garage is great, huge common areas, great facilities overall. Totally recommend this hostel, had a great stay! Thanks

I was most impressed with the industrial kitchen/abundant fridges and the location. Most of the staff was friendly. Really cool variety of guests. Convenient shuttle for $14 to LAX. It was exactly what I needed -- thanks!

The cleaning crew were very detail oriented. I was impressed on how clean the facilities were!

• 24th Jan 2016

Good position, closed to Farmer Market and 10 min by car / 40 min walk from sunset and hollywood. Many thrift shops and vintage clothing shops in the surroundings where make big deals; closed to the famous locations of School of Rock highschool spot and Grease gym yard spot. Very good the Holliwood/beverly Hills/Bel Air/Melrose tour with the van, do it if u can!

Excellent place to stay.

• 20th Jan 2016
  • Mexico

it was my first time at this hostel. overall was great. one thing about this hostel, you make up your own bed. They had a great kitchen and complimentary breakfast. Great location as well to all tourist spot. Definitely will comeback. Just wished they had a All Male dormitory. Girls that I was with were cool and respectful so it's all good.

The experience at Banana Bungalow was ok. I was there in winter, so I guess that the lack of energy was to be expected. The room was nice, the facilities clean and the location central.

The day time staff (until midnight or so) were so great. Everyone was knowledge and extremely friendly. I ended up extending my stay with them and I'm glad I did. The hostel was cleaned and the overall facility was awesome. I really appreciate the time and activities at staff put together. Definitely would stay there again and I can't wait to come back! Cheers from Canada

• 9th Jan 2016

The one thing to point out is the location. Although the hostel is located at one of the bigger streets with a bus stop just a few yards/meters ahead the bus connection to downtown LA / airport / famous beaches takes a while more than with the metro. However the hostel feels very secure, is clean, had acceptable beds and launch some activities (with free food and drinks) almost every day. The breakfast is however with just tosts and cerials rather disappointing althought standard in the USA.

A decent hostel with good facilities and atmosphere. They organize a few good social events such as open mic on Mondays. However, seems to be located a fair way from public transport but I think LA is not very well set up for public transport. Walking distance to sunset strip and Hollywood boulevard but.

Great hostel. One of the best I've stayed in. Except the cleaner comes in in the morning and dobs you in for banging all the girls!

Is a good place to pass the night but the location is kinda far from everywhere

Good location and fun activities.

I really appreciated the atmosphere..offering shuttle buses and bbq nights. Right on!

low season meant not a lot of people there but events are every night so good way to meet people. Good breakfast. city maps could be better.

I've stayed in a lot of hostels. The staff were friendly and willing to help. They provided toast and cereals for breakfast and every night had an activity to join in on. The hostel was clean and tidy. Highly recommend.

• 10th Dec 2015

Nothing special about this place. Breakfast is 90% carbs and sugar. Liked the coffee and fruits though. Rude cleaning man didn't let me sit in a common room after midnight, ridiculous!

Had an amazing time here, the events that the hostel arranged were soo good! Really good kitchen and common room. Only issue I had was that some of my clothes were pinched out of the storage room, and a friend had there jacket stolen from the basement. Otherwise good hostel.

Overall a great hostel and a lot of fun. Location is a bit further out and a bit quieter than the other banana hostel but the staff here are really great organise loads of fun stuff and get everyone involved. Room was clean, facilities were decent, breakfast was ok. Secure parking under the hostel was also a big bonus. Would definitely recommend.

Will be back!