Banana Bungalow West Hollywood

Fabulous 1234 Total Reviews
Fabulous 1234 Total Reviews

• England, Female, 41+
15th Mar 2017

Staff really helpful and friendly, everything is exactly like the video on their website, pool table, ping pong, loads of activities, rooms cleaned daily and got enough sleep because other guests were respectful. Locals restaurants and supermarkets in walking distance. Highly recommended - would stay again.

11th Mar 2017

Kind of a sketchy area but the security was good so I felt safe as a female solo traveler. Place is kind of dingy and dirty but I only stayed one night so it was fine. Bunks aren't very comfortable. I didn't get a chance but seemed like plenty of opportunities to meet people.

• USA, Female, 18-24
8th Mar 2017

The staff here were SO HELPFUL and the location was near everything. My friend and I were visiting from Michigan on Spring Break so we were very happy with all the suggestions and useful info for all the attractions we wanted to do. Although, we did find a couple bugs in our room (in which they immediately upgraded us to a better room), as well as the water being cold in our shower, we were really pleased with our stay. 10/10 recommend.

• Spain, Female, 18-24
8th Mar 2017

Hey, It was an amazing hostel, with nice people and the staff was awesome!

• USA, Male, 18-24
1st Mar 2017

It was an incredible experience staying here. Clean facilities and super friendly staff. I made some genuine friends here and connected with people from all across the globe. I would definitely recommend this place 👍🏾 And it's right on Hollywood blvd. cannot beat that. 😉

28th Feb 2017

This is a great hostel! Fun crowd, great central location, clean, and they offer you tons of resources for helping you make the most out of your LA stay. Most nights they have fun activities planned in conjunction with the sister location on Hollywood Boulevard. Staff is helpful and informative. The free breakfast is standard but welcome. Affordable price and a really good value for your money. I'll stay again!

• meganmurdie
  • USA, Female, 18-24
27th Feb 2017
7.4

Kind of old and dingy, but fine for a couple of nights. Bunks are old and creaky and have no outlets or lights, not the most comfortable. Definitely not on the level of European hostels. Felt safe as a solo female traveler. Bathrooms were clean. Good location near shops and walkable to Trader Joe's/whole foods. As I said, probably wouldn't stay here for more than 3 or 4 nights.

26th Feb 2017
6.9

In the staff the hostel has a man so bad in Customer service. The only One who has a great customer experience is the girl that collects the name for the parties. The place is so far of the centre. Hostel has good plans but I miss more interest in giving information for the tours. The cleaning is terrible in my room, I arrived and for three days it has a lot of dirtiness. Only my last day the room was cleaned.

23rd Feb 2017
6.3

Location was a bit sketchy but not that big a deal. Facilities were great - plenty of gathering space and available activities. Breakfast offerings were basic. Staff seemed detached and somewhat bothered and weren't enthusiastically suggestive of things to do.

19th Feb 2017

They offer free activities every night. They even had free unlimited beer one night. I'd say you really get your money's worth. Nice location even if it is a bit far from most attractions.