Banana Bungalow West Hollywood Reviews

603 N, Fairfax Ave, Los Angeles, USA

The staff was great and everyone was so nice. Loved the underground parking and the location

• 23rd Oct 2014

Staff was less than helpful and security was just rude. No one enjoys their job and it shows

• 1st Oct 2014

My stay was great. No complaints, they made everything easy. Some nights i stayed out til 4-5am and there was usually someone at the door keeping watch. Wherever i just hung out at the hostel all day there was always plenty to do if nothing else shooting pool. Great location, plenty of things to do or see within a 10 min walk. A few sketchy characters about at night, but nothing you haven't seen before I'm sure.

• 1st Oct 2014

I had a fun time here. The staff were helpful but depending who you got you felt like you were annoying them by asking what bus to catch... The place was very clean and very easy to settle in. I would stay here again for sure.

• 28th Sep 2014

A very nice stay again, thank you to all the front desk staff, kitchen staff, maintenance and cleaning staff. I look forward to my next stay at Banana.

Not in a great location at all... Near nothing! And not particularly keen either! Don't confuse it with their downtown hostel.. Same name and a totally different location!!

It is a good hostel, but not excellent. Have a good staff, location and atmosphere. Moreover, offers some great activities to do. The rooms are in good size. Some issues bother, like you cant stay in common areas after midnight (even if u are just using the wifi) ou the breakfast, that is too bad. I always needed to find a decent breakfast in a close place.

This place was great. It's in west Hollywood so you're close to Hollywood boulevard and Griffith park/observatory. The parking is quite limited but is under the property and quite secure, you just have to get in there before 5pm to guarantee a space. There's lots of places within walk distance and some good places to eat. Staff are great and attentive but it is a lively hostel and can get quite noisy at night, especially if you're near the main road as traffic never stops! Great for groups.

We only stayed for two nights but this place seemed a Good hostel. Clean rooms. Friendly and helpful staff. 10 min bus ride to the walk of fame and Chinese theatre. Quite expensive but all hostels in LA seem to be! Good kitchen. Lots of organised nights and trips available but we didn't have time to participate (but probably would have done if we had stayed longer. Overall a pretty good hostel!

I was told west Hollywood was a little sketchy but I felt fine walking around the neighbourhood and found some great nearby bars and cafes. Hostel is clean and friendly. I would recommend.

The atmosphere in this hostel is amazing, a lot of social activities and a great crew! Made a lot of new friends at this place!

• 24th Jul 2014

I only stayed one night in the hostel so it is hard to give it a proper review. However, for that one night I had no major complaints. The rooms were small and it was a bit of an obstacle course coming in in the dark with bags and suitcases everywhere. The weren't many plugs for around the beds for charging which wasnt ideal. Other than that, it ticked all the boxes!

Great location in west hollywood. This is a fun "party hostel" so loosen up and have a good time. Don't expect a super clean, state of the art facility.

• 22nd Jul 2014

yeah this place is good

It really smells in the hostel.. But we had free parking !!

• 19th Jul 2014
  • Belgium

The staff are really nice and helpful! While the colour of our room was not the best (bright green wall and curtains are not fun) but was a good size for everyone to fit. The mini fridge, microwave and TV were a nice surprise. A lot of lovely little touches that made the stay really enjoyable. Loved the events that the hostel puts on every night, we went on the Friday one and it was so much fun! Would definitely recommend staying here to anyone looking for fun and new friends.

Not very comfy atmosphere, at the reception the staff was not amazingly friendly. Can't stay in the main Area after midnight and no wifi in the room. The beds were not amazing too. Shaky.

It was my first time staying at a hostel and everything went smooth! The staff was great and I loved how clean it was! I will stay there again!

• 6th Jul 2014

The staff was excellent, and I liked the atmosphere, but a room for 6 people whitout a window to open, was not good for me. It was to hot and there were to much noice from the traffic.

• 3rd Jul 2014
  • Denmark

Awesome place, great atmosphere and plenty of big nights out!