Banana Bungalow West Hollywood Reviews

603 N, Fairfax Ave, Los Angeles, USA

Good location, lots of activities and free stuff! Clean well equipped rooms, friendly helpful staff. Great first experience for a hostel!

• 11th Jul 2015
  • Wales

Amazing!! Little bit more expensive but this is the place to be, especially for first time travellers! Staff are excellent and activities are fun and convenient. Best hostel I've ever stayed at across the world.

Banana Bungalow is a very nice and social hostel. The courtyard, lounge area and cellar provide a lot of space to relax or meet up with people. There's a big kitchen, plenty of bathrooms and breakfast provided. The hostel organizes an activity every night, going from free bbq to party bus to karaoke. Staff was friendly, rooms were clean. To be honest, I was sad to leave.

Great hostel with a really good terrace and a amazing Tv lounge Room with pool table for free Cool atmosphere

• 3rd Jul 2015

When I first arrvide the staff welcomed me with a smiale. They gave me my key right away and told me where to go. Then I asked were the closet store was told me right away. Great staff amazing people rooms Re so clean and nice. I loved it and would love to go back. It inspired me to find a job in working in hostlhostle. So I give this hostile 5 Stars.

• 30th Jun 2015

Absolutely loved staying at this hostel! Right in the heart of West Hollywood, just a stones throw away from the Farmer's Market and a short uber ride away from the strip. Great vibes and the staff (Niall!) were very kind and accommodating. A lot of hostels I've stayed in are very business orientated and were mainly concerned with giving us a bed for a couple of nights. This hostel, however, made sure that everyone felt right at home and made sure that we were all having a good time!

• 29th Jun 2015

Was a really fun hostel the staff was really cool and they had tons of cool activities for people to do. They were a bit expensive because they were a bit far from places to see. But I had a good time.

Awesome hostel

Really good atmosphere! Always something to do or get in involved with at this hostel. Young vibrant staff. Very pleasant stay! Would deff come back!

Very nice hostel overall. Staff is friendly and James is a legend. There is a lot of activities. However, there was an error with management and there was a traveller who was sent to the wrong room, this resulted in myself being rudely awoken at 5 am by two drunk guests claiming that i was in one of their beds - as the numbers didn't add up. management took no responsibility for this and refused to compensate me for the error, which is pretty weak considering how expensive it is to stay here.

great hostel to stay at, lots of good events and some cool people to meet too. price is par for hollywood, hostel was lovely and clean with helpful staff and great kitchen facilities, loads of fridge space and cookers etc. breakfast was good, cereal, fruit, bread etc. can walk to places but lots of buses nearby. enjoyed stay so much that I decided to come rebook for the last few days of my usa travelling.

Front desk workers were so helpful and nice! The location is great and everything was clean, it was great!

The hostel was good, but my co-travelers and I especially appreciated the hostel activities. If you want to see the city and its fancy neighborhoods, we absolutely recommend the tour with Armani aka Jesus. Thanks to Armani aka Jesus, we even had the chance to meet Justin Bieber. And if you want to party in Hollywood, the hostel has some great stuff to offer, too. Jesus, if you read this: contact Angie. Codeword "I believe I can fly" ;) We would stay at this hostel again anytime. TheGermanGirls

Great tikki bar

Dark girl behind the desk and guy with long hair were absolute legends

Great hostel with really friendly staff and good events every night. Good location with public transport not far. Met alot of awesome people here

We had to wait 24 hours to get our towels. At breakfast, they did not replace the food that was over.

Super good

Nice place to stay for couple of days. Good atmosphere and nice staff.

• 23rd Mar 2015
  • Finland
  • All Male Group, 25-30

Nice, clean and funny. A good stay if you spend a couple of days in Los Angeles.

• 22nd Mar 2015