Banana Bungalow West Hollywood Reviews

603 N, Fairfax Ave, Los Angeles, USA

Good points: Location, breakfast, free parking, Negative points: Bit old, shower wasn't good, kitchen wasn't clean enough

• 8th Nov 2015

Great hostel excellent location!! Would recommend

• 7th Nov 2015

Staff were super friendly and helpful! Great location and I was happy with my stay.

• 7th Nov 2015

This is a really great hostel, the staff are really friendly and helpful, the location is really good. The atmosphere is really sociable and I met some great people here, was very sad to leave. There are activities every night and really good evenings involving free or very cheap alcohol and food. With a free minibus over to the other hostels for these nights you meet so many people and get the benefit of a central Hollywood location. I would definitely come back, it made LA for me!

I thought it was really great, esp the parking even though it gets full sometimes. Location was amazing, staff were great! I cant wait to stay there again!

Great place to stay. Dorms have their own bathrooms, free breakfast included, they organise plenty things to do. I'd recommend the comedy and karaoke nights, they are awesome (even if you're not really into it)!

This hostel has potential to be amazing and is set up well but completely misses the mark with atmosphere. Gina works hard rallying up people to do things and is full of info and is super friendly, the hostel could do with more workers like her (and a bar that is open daily!)

Super helpful staff and something going on every night A bit expensive but it's the states hey Very close to the canyon for great hikings above LA

Great friendly atmosphere for young travelers, a different event each night and very social. Shower didn't work very well and.didn't get very hot

Clean, good facilities, big so not a homely feel

Great stay at this hostel, everything you need. Dorm rooms and bathrooms are always clean, free wifi and breakfast is a bonus, fun activities every day and night, friendly and very helpful staff. Highly recommend this hostel.

I have never reviewed a hostel before but in felt like I needed to this time. I came to America for the first time and by myself. This hostel made me feel welcome from the day I arrived and that made things alot easier for me. The staff there were brilliant and I met some great people whilst staying here. They put on some great entertainment and was located close to transport. I would definitely recommend this place to anyone visiting for the first time or just wants somewhere fun and safe.

Not only did I sleep well and the customer service was first rate. But the facilities were soon good and the atmosphere was awesome. Everyone was really friendly.

Kitchen was clean but bathrooms and dorm rooms were filthy. The blankets that are left in the beds are in bad condition. Hostel is in a very cool, safe area. Walkable at night. Staff was friendly and helpful.

I am impressed by the size of the hostel - it is huge! There is plenty of space inside, but also outside (ground floor and upstairs) - the kitchen is big too! Breakfast was impressive so the activities at night - highly recommend attending those, especially free BBQ and stand-up comedy! Location is great too and what I also loved was the airport transfer that you can organise especially if you have no car in LA... Overall good, but I felt like it was harder to meet people in such a big place.

Nice hostel, bit party scene and staff constantly organising activities to get everyone involved. Breakfast choice a bit limited.

Very spacious, clean and confortable!

Great hostel in a fabulous location

• 12th Sep 2015
  • Scotland

Good hostel, good breakfast. 1h by walk to hollywood bvl. True free parkaing with limited place.

Completely lacking in atmosphere. Seemed to be a lot of long-stay tenants - first two people I spoke to had been there 20-30 days. Friendly staff, good location but won't be back.