Banana Bungalow West Hollywood Reviews

603 N, Fairfax Ave, Los Angeles, USA

One of the best hostels I've ever stayed in! Such a fun atmosphere, great staff and convenient location. Highly recommended!

Great place for activities every night. Had a great time there and outside of the hostel. They took us to go bar hopping in Hollywood.

• 16th Mar 2015

great hostel clean with many spaces in common and excellent staff especially a italian girl she is very friendly and helpful.

Very friendly environment with nice people, both staff and guests. I checked in alone and checked out with new friends! Very recommended

• 9th Mar 2015

Very good commom areas. Nice events every night!

Lively atmosphere and good times. The only downside of this hostel is the location. I'd reccomend the Hollywood Banana Bungalow instead of West Hollywood

I heard there are worse places, I say there are better..! It's far from clean and everything is very run down. The people are cool but the security is close to non existent.. Shame, the location is great so with a bit more effort it could make a lovely place..

Not for all age groups, perfect atmosphere for pre party drinks before partying in L.A

• 8th Feb 2015

I liked it!

I thought the place smelled kind of weird but they did a lot of night activities and even do some free food which is pretty sweet. Staff weren't overly accommodating, more into each other. Lockers in the forms could be much sturdier - two guys could definitely pick it up and leave.

Very clean and great facilities including on site laundry, big kitchen and kitchen storage, tvs, computers and lounges, outdoor areas etc so nice environment. Helpful staff. Basic rooms. Location is good but everything in LA is so spread out and public transport isn't the best so getting to/from anywhere not in walking distance is annoying (that's LA though, not the hostel). Lots of activities organised day and night to join if you want. Good experience, would recommend.

The ceiling in our dorm was leaking when I arrived. The girl at reception was happy to give me another dorm though. Out of the multiple staff only two were helpful and friendly, the others were dismissive. Free tea and coffee all day and a decent free breakfast, plus free luggage storage and free lockers for when you check out.

Flexible and helpful staff, great place to stay, I can't wait to book here my next trip out!

• 28th Jan 2015