Beaches of Broome Reviews

4 Sanctuary Drive, Cable Beach, Broome, Australia

It was a delight to see the Camels passing our hostel several times a day. We loved being close to the Cable Beach and the public transportation is wonderful. So is the A / C.

• 28th Sep 2014
  • Couple, 41+

We were made to feel welcome from the very beginning of our stay. We stayed in a variety of accommodation during our holiday and Beaches of Broome was certainly one of our favourites.

• 27th Sep 2014

Advertised as with air con - but only from 7pm (when it is cold????) Advertised free wifi - does not work for most people Advertised free breakfast - no crockery or cutlery Plumbing in toilets awful, froth comes from plug holes in basins $20 minimum for eftpos purchase - Rooms very expensive for what you get

• 19th Sep 2014

Staff could have been more helpful when recommending tours. Instead of asking another staff member if they've done a few of the tours, American staff member just said she hadn't done the tours. I would have said I will ask around and get back to you. Every other hostel I've stayed in (all over Aus) had staff members who were extremely knowledgeable of tours in area. Also didn't offer to call the operators of the tours,I had to ask her to.

This was a very good upmarket backpackers accommodation. A large kitchen meant those who were genuine backpackers could save money, the snack bar area was large and well placed, a good swimming pool and surrounds. The rooms we had was very good, clean and modern.

• 31st Aug 2014
  • New Zealand
  • Couple, 41+

The hostel is well positioned for beach and bus and has facilities to meet all the needs of the traveller.

• 27th Aug 2014

WE had a very nice Double room.

I liked the hostel as it is in walking distance of the beach. I appreciated free airport pickup, cleanliness of washrooms, how the kitchen was equipped, the common areas with pool and bar, silence at night time and lockers in the room. As also families and couples stayed at this place it was a little bit more difficult to get in contact with other backpackers. Wifi did not work. Onkel My das oft arrival and was slow the other days.

Beaches of Broome is in a great location, a short walk down to Cable Beach. There is a bus stop quite close for the shuttle to and from Broome which is handy. I stayed in 3 bedroom dorm which was good size. Only issue with room was that no air-con control and was freezing during the night - reception control the air-con. Bathroom was fine but could of been just a little cleaner. Kitchen facilities great and the shop there really good prices for food and drinks.

• 22nd Aug 2014

I always enjoy this resort this is my third time

• 9th Aug 2014

Needed an extra night in broome to do the horizontal falls . Read the reviews on line, exactly as described. Better than a lot of motels I have stayed in, brilliant staff. Met a mature couple, it is there 4 th return back to beaches. It has become their 4 week winter escape, they commented it was like coming home every year.

• 8th Aug 2014

We were in top class rooms and paying for same but everything else was hostel style. Huge discrepancy. We frequently stay in hostels and are used to using the kitchens and mixing with all and enjoy it. In this case the hostel was neither one thing or the other. There are usually several people around the desk area; here there was usually only one person on duty. Free WiFi was offered but it was very difficult to connect and the girl at the desk had to try and fit that into her time too. Gt.pool

• 6th Aug 2014

Breakfast supplies running out, particularly fruit. Deluxe units located close to footpath which meant that it was quite noisy at times.

• 4th Aug 2014
  • Couple, 41+

Best backpackers I've stayed at, highly recommend

• 2nd Aug 2014
  • New Zealand

The staff was really not helpful and not friendly or nice at all ! Specially one girl but I didn't take a name... Anyway, I was always embarrassed to go to the reception to ask something!

• 2nd Aug 2014
  • Switzerland

there seemed to be a lot of more permanent, almost residents staying at the hostel which I thought impacted on the atmosphere.

Room with ensuite was large, comfortable and had everything I needed and was quiet at night, which was better than I expected.

• 30th Jul 2014

My husband and I stayed at Beaches of Broome for our babymoon. The staff were very friendly and accommodating. Fantastic location, with Cable Beach a short stroll down the road and the town circuit bus stop just next door. Great breakfast included too.

• 16th Jul 2014

We had a great stay and really appreciated the friendly staff. Our room was in a great location and we really enjoyed sharing the kitchen and meeting lots of friendly people. We would definitely stay at Beaches again.

• 7th Jul 2014

Loved this place. Great location and set-up. Easy to get to 'old' Broome on the bus. Admittedly, we were in the ensuite accommodation, which had everything we needed. The outdoor eating area was perfect. A very relaxed and relaxing place. Nice way to meet people.

• 7th Jul 2014