Beehome International Youth Hostel Reviews

NO.210 Lane 490, Dongchang Road, Shanghai, China

Cheap and cheerful hostel great location in pudong. An old hostel in one of the only older areas in pudong left so probably won't be there for a long time. But a good hostel and at the price you can't go wrong

It is an average hoste. I stayed for 4 nightsin a private 2ble bedroom with private bathroom. It is hard to communicate as their english is not so good. They cleaned the room every day and there is a nice cafe downstairs. Our room icnluded AC and we never had any security issues. It is a bit tricky to find the location of the hotel cause it is a bit hidden and taxi drivers dont speak english at all so be sure you bring the address in Chines w you. It is very close to the financial centre!

Very nice Hostel, friedly and helpful staff, good location- near to metro station, shopping and restaurants!

This hostel was not very clean. The beds were not comfortable. Another girl smoked cigarettes in the room so all my stuff now stinks. Some other guests were playing music at 1am and it took a while for the staff to tell them to shut up. Not a very good location. It's close from the subway, but there isn't much to do in this area of Shanghai.

From Shanghai Hongqiao train station to this hostel I paid 150 yuan which was around double they said it would cost in a taxi on the phone, and when I arrived the lady at reception was in no way welcoming to me, albeit I did arrive around 11:30pm. I left early the next day and the same lady was in the exact same mood, not very friendly. Bed did the job and shower/ toilet was average. Seems like a good hostel for just one nights sleep, wouldn't stay here longer than that; far better in shanghai

• 13th Jan 2015