Beehome International Youth Hostel Reviews

NO.210 Lane 490, Dongchang Road, Shanghai, China

Most people at this hostel seem to be long term residents rather than travellers but the staff were friendly and helpful. Hostel is 5 minutes from the metro station and 5 minutes from the Shanghai World Finance Centre observation deck

Planning to visit this place again. Recommended :)

• 24th Jun 2014

Always nice, love the kittys! there was a blackout for some hours but the staff handled it really good! Thank you, see you next time!

Very dirty, staff don't speak english and do nothing

Bed was very hard since there was no mattress. That's why my back hurt the next day. There wasn't paper in the toilet but otherwise it was okay. I think the cleanliness wasn't so great because there was a spider living on the wall/roof. Staff was nice. When I arrived at this hostel with my super heavy luggage, they suggested to change my room from the 2nd floor to the 1st floor. That was good.

• 7th Jun 2014
  • Finland

There are a lot of cute cats at this Hostel. If you like cats is is fine, but if you are allergic it is not that nice.

• 31st May 2014

Terrible, non helpful staff, barely spoke English. Very few backpackers therefore the atmosphere sucks. There is no sense of community at all! Don't come here

This hostel is really just a place to sleep, there are very few backpackers and the people in our dorm room were there long term which was weird. This place would probably be good for people getting a private room but I wouldn't recommend a dorm bed as this hostel is not really for travellers

Ok, as always. Good location, nice place, cute cats and you always meet nice people in their dorms! Some of my very close Chinese friends I met at this hostel. But cleaner bathrooms and toilet paper would be nice as well as less mildew on the walls and ceilings...

Staff were understanding that I didn't have money to pay until my friend arrived. Overall it was a pleasant and quiet hostel.

• 9th May 2014

perfectly adequate hostel. no major problems, except getting lost finding it (take exit 4 from the subway).

My bed was shaky and I thought it would break. the floors were dirty and the staff wasn't in the checkout room at 6am like the sign says.

The location is local and close to metro stops, but down a street that could be considered "sketchy". I advise booking a twin room, they are far better then the dorm rooming and easy to fit three people in comfortably. Also if you are allergic to cats I advise finding somewhere else to stay. There were at least six friendly cats padding around the commons at any givin time.

WIFI doesn't work. Impossible to connect on the network.

BUNK BED IS OLD AND NOISY. BUT I LOVE THOSE ELEGNT AND CUTE CATS!

• 22nd Feb 2014
  • China

Overall a great hostel, the directions to the hostel could be changed a bit to be clearer and one of the workers seemed like she had better things to do then help, but the other worker was great and was super helpful. Otherwise the hostel was great and I highly recommend.