Betel Box Backpacker Hostel Reviews

200 Joo Chiat Road, Singapore, Singapore

Really a great place. So many facilities !!! Big and pleasant common area. It is the first time I visit an hostel with a deal with a fitness center close to the hostel, very good idea !!!

Very pleasant place. Clean, airy dorm room with good AC. Most staff helpful. Lots to entertain yourself with in common area.

Very well run.

Excellent atmosphere. I like its cozy environment which is lobby area and I extended my stay with Betel Box.

The only drawback is the location. If access to Betel Box from Paya Lebar MRT. It takes up more than 20min to reach. However, it is wise to take Bus 33 from MRT station like Clarke Quay, Bugis, Lavender or Kallang to Bus Stop of 82151, Bef Joo Chiat Pl (21.8km from bus reader). This will be close to the hostel. Just like HOME to everyone, simple breakfast come with various jam, serve with fruits, and you can make your drinks ANYTIME. Spacious lobby, stayed in spacious 20 bed dorm, great service.

Including fruits (bananas, oranges and apples) in the breakfast is a plus, I liked it. The think I did not like is that we can use hostel's computers only 30 mins. for free. And if we want more time we have to pay 1 SGD every 30 mins.

Nice place. However hostel stays in Singapore are not the same as the rest of SE Asia. People stay in them and then go to work etc. So it's a completely different vibe. Also I stayed in a 20 person dorm and was the only female. This was fine but bring earplugs - lots of snoring!

Had an enjoyable experience at this hostel. Only thing that brings down the rating was location. The hostel is just too far from the city centre, and a 15 minute walk to the closest MRT station. Everything else was great.

The staff were amazing. Couldn't help you enough. The food tour was the highlight of our Singapore holiday. It was a walking tour mixed with history, culture and tons of food. A must do!

Great overall experience! I need I be close to the airport so so perfect! Staff were every friendly!

Excellent location if you're looking to get out beyond the touristy downtown - Joo Chiat is a really interesting and beautiful part of Singapore. Staff were very friendly and check-in/out was efficient. Beds were super comfortable for bunks, common area played great music and it was easy to meet people. This hostel deserves a higher rating.

Staff was so friendly an helpful, he even prepared breakfast foods for me before the official breakfast hours because I had to leave very early.

Good staff, thanks a lot.

This hostel was comfortable. Singapore is expensive. The location is definitely off the beaten path. However its a good neighborhood with great food. You're about a 20 minute walk from the MRT. The atmosphere is mixed. There were several businessmen and students - not a ton of backpackers to meet. The large dorm had too many people for just one bathroom. It was very loud. Still for the money - this is a good deal in Singapore.

Very nice and helpful staff! A bit away from city centre but closer to Airport and the beach, lots of transport options and bars nearby too.

• 19th Jan 2015
  • mauro145
  • Argentina

I really liked the staff who were really helpfull and giving great directions so I didnt get lost anywhere. I really didn't like that there were so few toilettes and im the same cubics as the toilettes was a shower, so quite often all toilettes would be occupied by ppl showering.

A good place where spend a couple of day

• 12th Jan 2015

The staff were excellent and gave me a really useful history of Singapore and advice on where to go, this was really helpful since I didn't know too much about what there was to do or see. The rooms were good and the air con was bliss but the showers definitely need an upgrade and although the front door was locked, the rooms should have keys too. It's in a nice location near the beach and surrounded by beautiful historic architecture.

The location of the hostel is ok but there are no power sockets in the rooms which is quite uncomfortable. Also, there's no wifi in the rooms. Just in the lobby. THat's also quite bad. Nowadays a wifi repeater is 20 USD, they could afford buying one. The WIFI didn't work in a few ocations,

Damn good hostel. Staff great, facilities excellent and only short walk from public transport. 5 stars.