Birdsnest Hostel Reviews

561-34 Yeonnam-dong, Mapo-gu, Seoul, South Korea

I got very lucky. I was in a 6-bed room, but only had one other roommate for 1 of the 5 nights that I was there. I also had my own bathroom because of this too. Breakfast was average but effective enough to be full. There were Chinese chicks who look like they are doing a foreign exchange thing. They are not very friendly plus they make a mess in the general living room area, so be warned.

Really beautiful house and staff here was very kind to help you. Near Hongdae you will find lot of fun. It would be better if the shared bathroom could be cleaner or we could have a locked drawer or something like that. Anyway it`s a good place to stay.

Birdsnest Hostel is about a 10-15 minute walk from the main Hongdae area, tucked away in a quiet neighborhood. It has a very nice homey feel, a full kitchen (breakfast until noon!), and was very clean. Kim was very friendly and helpful. Did not see lockers in my room but I'm sure that she could keep valuables safe for you is you asked her. Would stay again. :)

Great little hostel in the super trendy Hongdae area. Near the subway station and the airport railroad, easy to get to from both Incheon and Gimpo. Kim is very sweet and is more than happy to help you, just ask. The hostel is off the main road so it's nice and quiet but still close to the subway and plenty of restaurants and shops. No personal privacy curtain in the dorms and only shared toilet. Breakfast is toast, eggs, jam, and butter and included. Overall would definitely go back.

• 6th Jun 2015