Birdsnest Hostel Reviews

561-34 Yeonnam-dong, Mapo-gu, Seoul, South Korea

Kim is wonderful!

The hostel looks amazing and is perfectly run. Kim was very nice throughout my stay there.

I stayed in the Birdnest Hostel for 3 days in August '14 and I really liked my stay. It's really easy to get to the hostel if you choose to take the correct exit at Hongik University (which might be the bigger problem..). To this subway station its only a few minutes by foot. Kim - the owner is very helpful and always give you useful info about Seoul. The hostel was very clean and also a breakfast with eggs, toast, fruits, and coffee was provided. I definitively recommend the Birdnesthostel!!

Kim was an excellent host, taking care of my needs. She keeps a VERY CLEAN hostel and keeps the fridge stocked for breakfasts. Then when I needed help finding things to do in the afternoon she was very quick to pull out maps and give me suggestions and directions, writing down destination names in English and Korean so that should I become lost, a local could always point me back to the Birdsnest. This hostel is also close to the subway, all around, a great value. Thanks Kim!

• 17th Jul 2014

This place is amazing. I stayed in the basement, 6 bedroom mix. It was only two of us perfect. The staff were very friendly. It's a little distance to the clubs, but an easy walk. This is officially my Hongdae hostel. Cleanliness is VERY important and it was clean.

• 21st Jun 2014