Birdsnest Hostel Reviews

561-34 Yeonnam-dong, Mapo-gu, Seoul, South Korea

I loved this hostel!! It was super safe and the host is extremely nice~ the nicest I've ever had at a guesthouse! It's not too far from the subway either~ maybe a 5 minute walk! The security is really good.. there is a door that you need a key to get into and another number code lock on the door. When you arrive you get a key and the code so there is no curfew and you are free to come and go as you please. The hostel has a comfy feel to it and a nice public area! I would stay here again!!

Great place, location etc and very clean and the hostel owner was nice and helpful but the atmosphere wasn't great for someone on their own. There was only a couple of other people there. Good for couples but not great for lone travellers looking to make friends at the hostel. Also, the map directions need to be updated.

Really close to the station and easy to find; around the university is a really good area to stay - lots of shopping, restaurants and bars. The owner is really friendly.

Clean, well located hostel. I only stayed one night and the hostel was pretty empty, but it was a nice place. I would stay again.

Kim is an absolutely amazing, nice and helpful person.

• 4th Oct 2014

Very homely hostel, maybe more suited to long-term guests. As with most hostels in Korea, the host is very kind and welcoming. About a 10 minute walk from the Hongik subway station, but it's all flat so the walk is nothing to be worried about. Free breaky, coffee, internet and towels. Situated in a very quiet area well away from main roads.

Owner was very nice and friendly, people there were easy talking, and friendly too. We all have a very nice day there.

Clean place. Very conveniently located near Hong-ik University station but it's a little removed so it's quiet and peaceful at night. We enjoyed our stay there, thanks Kim!

Kim is wonderful!

The hostel looks amazing and is perfectly run. Kim was very nice throughout my stay there.

I stayed in the Birdnest Hostel for 3 days in August '14 and I really liked my stay. It's really easy to get to the hostel if you choose to take the correct exit at Hongik University (which might be the bigger problem..). To this subway station its only a few minutes by foot. Kim - the owner is very helpful and always give you useful info about Seoul. The hostel was very clean and also a breakfast with eggs, toast, fruits, and coffee was provided. I definitively recommend the Birdnesthostel!!

Kim was an excellent host, taking care of my needs. She keeps a VERY CLEAN hostel and keeps the fridge stocked for breakfasts. Then when I needed help finding things to do in the afternoon she was very quick to pull out maps and give me suggestions and directions, writing down destination names in English and Korean so that should I become lost, a local could always point me back to the Birdsnest. This hostel is also close to the subway, all around, a great value. Thanks Kim!

• 17th Jul 2014