Borneo BeacHouse (Backpackers) Reviews

Jalan Mat Salleh House No.122., Tanjung Aru, Kota Kinabalu, Malaysia

The room was very dirty. There were no blankets or sheets. The toilet and shower were very dirty. A lot of ants came out of the wood in the bedroom. It was close to the airport but far from everything else. Paid for 2 nights but left after 1 because we had such a bad experience.

• 16th Oct 2014

Nice and quiet place. There is a nice terrace, very relaxing. The hostel can be reached easily by walking from the airport, which is a big advantage. Staff was very friendly, I felt myself like at home. The cleanliness is on Malaysian level.

Its quite far from the bus station. We have to walk 1 kilometer to nearest bus stop. No free breakfast. The advantages is WiFi available, laundry available and television available. Staff is helpful but not so friendly And also near airport. The compounds and surroundings no so clean.

• 12th Aug 2014
  • Malaysia

This is always my first choice whenever I need to stay in KK for flight transfer. Their location is excellent, just a 5-10 mins walk from KK T2 airport, and another 5 mins to get to the beautiful beach with amazing sunset. The staffs here are very nice and friendly, and they are being really helpful during my stay.This hostel is not new nor fancy (so does many hostels in KK), but its a great place for those who need to catch flight early in the morning, and I would definitely come back again.

This is the worst hostel I have ever stayed in my life. The only pros will be the location. It is dirty, the mattress seems been using for over 10 years the bed sheet is not washed nor the blanket or pillow case the washroom is dirty It's like a ghost house. I personally would rather spend the taxi fare to go to the city to stay somewhere better. Well worth it.

• 23rd May 2014