Borneo Global Backpackers Reviews

Ground & 1st Floor, Lot No.29 Karamunsing Godown, Kota Kinabalu, Malaysia

Staff were nice enough but I wouldn't say they were a great bunch. We arrived late (After midnight) and the guys just wanted to send us to our room. I had to come back and ask for wifi password, location of bathroom and hours for breakfast. Our AC didn't work so we just asked for a fan because it was so late and I just wanted to go to bed. However there was nEver any offer of another room or any compensation anyway. PS worst coffee in my life (the color actually looks like tea)

Short trip to visit my son and girlfriend as they're studying in Malaysia. Staff were great and very helpful.

• 16th Jun 2015

nice staff, good budget place!

Thanks for the positive comment :)

If you arrive after 11pm, be prepared that no one would be there to greet you. When I arrived the doors were locked and I had to call the Sipadan branch to have them call the staff in KK who were already asleep. I suggest you to call them beforehand and warn that you will arrive late if you have the chance.

Good budget place!

Nice hostel , Very friendly staff .

• 26th May 2015
  • China

Nice place to stay for 1 night

Great stay, only point of criticism the mattresses

I paid maybe 3 euros (special offer) and got a bed to sleep on, a bathroom, and toast and coffee for breakfast. Value for money I guess. :) A bit of a walk from KK downtown - or from anything. Staff was ok, friendly, but not superb. The dorm was big (12 beds)? but still it was silent. No lockers, the doors are open. This is a place for temporary sleeping but wouldn't live here for too long.

Probably cheapest hostel in KK and great value for money. Kind of silly that I had to book on Hostelworld to get the 12 MYR price instead of 15 though. Showed up at their counter and used their wifi to book for the cheaper price. Location is pretty far away from downtown, but walkable within 20 minutes. Decently clean, but like many places in Malaysia, bring your own toilet paper. Breakfast was underwhelming compared to other hostels and homestays in Malaysia.

When I checked in I was quite surprised that I got a bed with what seemed to be a used bedsheet used by a previous guest. Did they actually change the sheets when guests check out?

IMHO this hostel is not as bad as said by others here.Toilets and rooms are kept clean.The place is quite a distance away from the city centre but I have a car,so it didn't cause me much trouble.Being a Malaysian,I am used to using rubber hose for personal hygiene and don't depend on toilet papers.Wifi is rather fast.However,the owner shd be more open to criticism and not scare customers away with his fierce response to negative views of his property.otherwise I will definitely return here.

A good budget accommodation Staff are excellent

View all Kota Kinabalu Hostels