Borneo Global Backpackers Reviews

Ground & 1st Floor, Lot No.29 Karamunsing Godown, Kota Kinabalu, Malaysia

This place is an annoying, not quite walkable distance from the town, located in the middle of an automobile repair area by the side of the motorway. I would reccomend it if you are very low on cash and need somewhere to stay on short notice. I cannot complain, the place was functional and exactly what you'd expect for the price paid. If you are looking for somewhere fun, characterful and homely, do not come here.

Our accommodation is a basic accommodation of sharing basis. please do mock us saying.. If you are looking for somewhere fun, characterful and homely, do not come here. Very inconsiderate of you saying that which you mentioned clearly I cannot complain, the place was functional and exactly what you'd expect for the price paid.

We had a better stay for 2 nights! I will recommend this to my friends. Keep it up! Very nice and accommodating staff!

• 14th Aug 2014
  • Philippines

Did not stay here as there was a window next to our bed which you were unable to close, meaning the room was not secure and therefore not safe. Discussed this with the hotel and after around 15 mins of arguing agreed that they would keep the deposit, we would not pay for the room and that we would find somewhere else to stay. Also took us around 40 minutes to find as none of the maps are correct. Wouldn't recommend

Helpful staff, cheap stay. Recommend that you head for the top bunk in the fan rooms as no air movement for the bottom one. We were lucky, only had 4 in a room with 6 bunks- would have been pretty full on with 12!!

• 6th Jul 2014
  • New Zealand

A bit off!

This guest taking off his cloth with a foul body odor, clearly written house rules, no taking off shirt at the communal area

On an industrial estate outside of KK central - someone had been robbed at knifepoint just before outside :-( ... Only one place near to eat and wifi didn't work in hostel. I checked out and moved into town to a hostel with a much better location bit more expensive but in the thick of things and much safer and more accessible I wouldn't stay at BGB again.

This is defamation, we were accused been robbed, please remove these comment and its damaging our reputation Any country have its own crime but guest putting this comment not acceptable Please remove these comment

I NEVER LOST ITEMS WHEN I WERE HERE. NEAR TO THE MOSQUE, RESTAURANTS AND ALSO BUS STOPS. STAFF ALWAYS SMILE. TOILETS AND SLEEPING PLACE CLEAN AND UPDATED. CHEAPEST IN KOTA KINABALU. WASHING MACHINE IS PROVIDED AND WIDE PLACE FOR DRYING CLOTH ,BATHROOM AND DINING AREA.

Hi Thank you very much for your honest comment Regards

Bathrooms were flooded the whole time, no lockers or keys apart from some dodgy ones downstairs, staff just seemed like they couldn't be bothered and the rooms were boiling! But it was cheap :)

• 21st Apr 2014

Located at the industrial end of town in a converted warehouse. Bed was comfy. Wifi didn't work at the beginning but once it did it was fast and remained that way all night. TV obviously had taken some damage and was pretty unwatchable. Breakfast was basic, as is to be expected from hostels. It is 20RM taxi from town to Hostel and I think you would be better putting that money towards a better location.

• 13th Apr 2014

The hostel was fine, it is just far from the city centre. The private room was adequate. Annoying that we couldn't control the air conditioner in the room. They offer a lot of tours and day trips from the reception so it can be helpful if you want to organize through them.

View all Kota Kinabalu Hostels