Borneo Global Backpackers Reviews

Ground & 1st Floor, Lot No.29 Karamunsing Godown, Kota Kinabalu, Malaysia

This hostel is awesome! Really cheap and the staff is always ready to help you! Awesome experience in KK

• 6th Oct 2015

This hostel is the best hostel to a backpacker. It's cheap and nice, and 10 minutes of walking from the city centre. The staff is very friendly and helpful. They will even go out partying with you! This is a no-brainer! Shoutout to Eddy!

• 25th Sep 2015
  • Denmark

Lola and Daniel were fantastic for diving. I would highly recommend staying here if you're looking to dive the surrounding area. Unfortunately there are separate guides for Sipidan itself so we could not dive there with Lola and Daniel. The Sipidan guides were still good but we had been accustomed to the standard set by L and D. Thanks again, Chris and Kelsey

I'll start off by saying that the staff fantastic. Very helpful d always smiling. Now that I've said that, the rest of the hostel was *. The bathrooms were absolutely disgusting. I'm not talking just dirty, but the ceilings in them were covered in mold to the point i wasn't sure I should even shower at all. The dorm room sheets were never changed. Now not changing my sheets ok, I was only there for 3 nights. But the guy next to me left after my first night and his bed sat there unchanged

Staff were nice enough but I wouldn't say they were a great bunch. We arrived late (After midnight) and the guys just wanted to send us to our room. I had to come back and ask for wifi password, location of bathroom and hours for breakfast. Our AC didn't work so we just asked for a fan because it was so late and I just wanted to go to bed. However there was nEver any offer of another room or any compensation anyway. PS worst coffee in my life (the color actually looks like tea)

Short trip to visit my son and girlfriend as they're studying in Malaysia. Staff were great and very helpful.

• 16th Jun 2015

nice staff, good budget place!

Thanks for the positive comment :)

If you arrive after 11pm, be prepared that no one would be there to greet you. When I arrived the doors were locked and I had to call the Sipadan branch to have them call the staff in KK who were already asleep. I suggest you to call them beforehand and warn that you will arrive late if you have the chance.

Good budget place!

Nice hostel , Very friendly staff .

• 26th May 2015
  • China

Nice place to stay for 1 night

Great stay, only point of criticism the mattresses

View all Kota Kinabalu Hostels