Borneo Global Backpackers Reviews

Ground & 1st Floor, Lot No.29 Karamunsing Godown, Kota Kinabalu, Malaysia

I think the staff is nice and kind. The location is good if your goal is to be close to the airport. It is safe and the price for my stay was good. Maybe they can just sweep the floor inside because even though no one is allowed to go inside with shoes, the floor is still dirty.

The location is not the best in town, but the staff and the price make you forget about it. you can't ask for a better place for this type of money, especially with the very nice poeple who come there as guest and as worker. Special cheers to Eddy, so you soon.

This hostel is awesome! Really cheap and the staff is always ready to help you! Awesome experience in KK

grazie grazie Thank you so much for the nice word All the best :)

This hostel is the best hostel to a backpacker. It's cheap and nice, and 10 minutes of walking from the city centre. The staff is very friendly and helpful. They will even go out partying with you! This is a no-brainer! Shoutout to Eddy!

• 25th Sep 2015
  • Denmark

Hey bro Thanks for the positive comment mate All the best!

This hostel is very very cheap but its also quite nice. Bathroom is okay and dorm without aircon is still bearable because of the fans. Its a bit out of the city centre but walkable about half an hour and there's many places to eat nearby.

Lola and Daniel were fantastic for diving. I would highly recommend staying here if you're looking to dive the surrounding area. Unfortunately there are separate guides for Sipidan itself so we could not dive there with Lola and Daniel. The Sipidan guides were still good but we had been accustomed to the standard set by L and D. Thanks again, Chris and Kelsey

I'll start off by saying that the staff fantastic. Very helpful d always smiling. Now that I've said that, the rest of the hostel was *. The bathrooms were absolutely disgusting. I'm not talking just dirty, but the ceilings in them were covered in mold to the point i wasn't sure I should even shower at all. The dorm room sheets were never changed. Now not changing my sheets ok, I was only there for 3 nights. But the guy next to me left after my first night and his bed sat there unchanged

Thanks for the nice word for our staff buddy Sorry you experienced dirty toilet... we always make sure to clean our toilet for next user however sometime we get traveler treat our toilet like public toilet and expect 5 stars cleaning services Any how.. Travel safe mate and all the best

Staff were nice enough but I wouldn't say they were a great bunch. We arrived late (After midnight) and the guys just wanted to send us to our room. I had to come back and ask for wifi password, location of bathroom and hours for breakfast. Our AC didn't work so we just asked for a fan because it was so late and I just wanted to go to bed. However there was nEver any offer of another room or any compensation anyway. PS worst coffee in my life (the color actually looks like tea)

Short trip to visit my son and girlfriend as they're studying in Malaysia. Staff were great and very helpful.

• 16th Jun 2015

Thank thank you so much for the nice positive comment :) Gracias

nice staff, good budget place!

Thanks for the positive comment :)

If you arrive after 11pm, be prepared that no one would be there to greet you. When I arrived the doors were locked and I had to call the Sipadan branch to have them call the staff in KK who were already asleep. I suggest you to call them beforehand and warn that you will arrive late if you have the chance.

View all Kota Kinabalu Hostels