Brisbane City Backpackers Reviews

380 Upper Roma Street, Qld 4000, Brisbane, Australia

Positive points: views over the city. Big kitchen. Negative: really unsafe. Everyone could walk I and take your backpack (if you leave it there). Doors don't lock properly. Wifi doesn't not work at all in any level. Really frustrating. No point to have for free when it doesn't work. No BYO alcohol. They force you to buy from their bar. Really smelly. I don't recommended.

It was not a good stay! I booked a 6 female dorm for 2 people. We had to sleep in different rooms. It was cold, but they did'nt had enough blankets. There where people living in the room, all thete clothes where everywhere. No space for my backpack! We had to park somewhere else, there was no space! Showers ar very small. Lots of noises the whole night. My bed was'nt good. Continue problems with the keycards, was'nt good working!

This is a very lively hostel with a cheap bar..I enjoyed it so much I extended my stay twice.

I was actually positively surprised, based on the reviews I read. Great facilities Only minor problem was the noise from the bar downstairs, but that's the same in any hostel that has one. Warm and welcoming staff. All and all, nice hostel witch I would recommend.

• 31st Mar 2015
  • Finland

Really cool hostel with a great atmosphere. We really enjoyed our stay there!! Too bad though that the wifi wasn't really working.

A good place to stay !

• 24th Mar 2015

Great hostel and have recommended to everyone along the way. The only downside is the wifi is awful even though it's free. The only time you get a decent connection to Skype home Is in the middle of the night to very early morning.

Fantastic hostel, can only recommend it! The staff is friendly, atmosphere is great, rooms are clean and it was overall a really fun stay. There's a bit of mold in the bathrooms and the air conditioning is turned up far to high, but apart from that I loved staying at City Backpackers!

• 10th Mar 2015

Hostel was great, fantastic location, really clean and good facilities, we got upgraded to an ensuite room with a TV for free which was great. Would give it a 100% if the wifi was a bit better. It was still usable just a bit inconsistent, couldn't connect at times. There is a good Internet cafe 30 seconds down the road though.

When you arrive you don't feel very welcome, not a good start, then u have to pay deposit for the room key and for knife and fork if u want to eat, not even talking about the beds and wifi access lol Better to avoid, there are like 3 hostels just beside this one ;)

Very dirty all in all. Kitchen was too hot to cook in- but from the look of it - I wouldn't do it anyway! It's disgusting. Rooms smell horrible, showers are dirty as hell and don't even work sometimes. I would NOT recommend this hostel!!!!!

All round excellent hostel with friendly staff...apart from finding some crystal meth which was promptly handed to reception staff who disposed of it. Pool and views are great!

• 8th Mar 2015

Really cool hostel. The common area was really big and there were 4 different stories to sit outside on. The pool was super cool with an underwater window you could look into from the floor below. The bar in the hostel was cool as well with activities, pool table, jenga and chess. The one thing I thought was weird was they had no plates, spoons or utensils in the kitchen but you had to rent them from the front desk. Besides that it was great, I'd stay here again.

Good location for the bus station but probably not worth the walk up the hill. Staff on check in were very unhelpful and seemed annoyed I was paying by card. I wasn't told I had to rent dishes so didn't have anything and reception closes at 9. In the room, the air con is set to a standard temp and is VERY cold. The bunk beds have no steps so good luck getting down. Door was also unlocked the whole time so security not great (and no lockers in room). Bathrooms were dirty, as was the kitchen.

No ladders on the bunk beds. No hooks in the showers. No way of adjusting the air con, take a jumper! Someone then turned the air con off resulting in the opposite problem and the room being too stuffy. Kitchen could have been cleaner. Did the job but not for me.

Wouldn't stay there again. Kitchen and bathrooms quite filthy.

Nice staff. Not too far from the city and clean compared to other hostels. I would definetely go back there

Our room was very small and didn't live up to the expectations. There was trash and clothes everywhere and it smelled horrible - an overall very unpleasent place. The wifi didn't really work as well and the staff wasn't to much help either. But the bar was cheap which was nice.

We booked a 8 bed female dorm on hostel world and ended up in a 14 bed share after we arrived being told the hostel was full and there was nothing they could do about the room mistake. The receptionist was moderately helpful in resoliving the issue but we ended up paying more for a lesser room. HOWEVER! The hostel itself is great though, perfect location and the rooftop and terraces are awesome.

• 24th Feb 2015
  • Scotland

I think the hostel was full (they said they like to upgrade all the people who book online?!?) so they moved us to a smaller dorm at nearby chill backpackers... Nice, rooftop area but unfortunately no pool!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4