Brisbane City Backpackers Reviews

380 Upper Roma Street, Qld 4000, Brisbane, Queensland, Australia

Stayed two nights in City Backpackers and it was okay. Clean hostel though nothing special. Can't say anything about socialising in the hostel, because I was in Brisbane to meet friends and therefore to me it was just a bed to sleep. But still it is clean, rooms have AC, though they are nothing special at least spacious. Easy to get there from bus station.

When I checked in the female staff told me that They put me in a 4 share instead of 8, so an upgrade and no smile, of course I took it. But the next day I was asked to pay more to stay in the same room. Why trick me into it without telling me that I had to pay more at the beginning? I moved to a fan room instead coz the AC is just too cold to sleep. Other staff are not so helpful either, most of time they don't know what they are doing.swimming pool is small but very dirty. Not clean in general.

The room smelled a bit strange.

Keycards failed constantly, maybe 60% of the time. Someone was usually in my room to let me in but a few times I had to go to reception and there was not a single apology. The room smelled damp, the bed was one of the least comfortable I have ever slept on, old, thin and filthy mattresses, lumpy pillows. Not many power points in the room, my chargers kept getting unplugged. Lots of noise from the hostel bar but not busy, the music was just turned up to give the illusion of an atmosphere.

Decent stay, comfortable rooms, okay staff. Internet is horrible!

Had a nice time here. The lady on reception was very friendly and happy when we arrived :) nice bar downstairs and the pool looked great with great views (weather was terrible tho so couldn't enjoy it). Air con and very spacious room, kitchen was large but very busy and smelt a bit. Was a bit far out of the city and no wifi in rooms are the only negatives.

Location of the hostel was a fair walk away from the main city centre and local attractions. Staff were friendly but had little knowledge the area. My room smelt like feet and it was pretty dark and dated, however there was nice outside area with seating and a view of the city.

I liked this hostel but did not use most of its facilities. I chose it because it offered free internet and the internet services had peak periods when it really slowed down. Its proximity to the barracks, CBD, south bank area was an extra bonus that I did not expect. I ended up staying for an extra night as a result. Public areas were generally clean but my first room was in a bit of a state due mostly to the occupants.

The free parking was a great bonus. Staff were very helpful.

Good hostel , good staff and very clean

Overall I enjoyed my stay at this hostel, it was cleaned regularly and the facilities were good - swimming pool with sun loungers, bar with happy hour and pool table, movie room with 5 movies a day, free wifi and a big kitchen. The view of the river is nice and the location is pretty handy. There are no lockers to put valuables in but you need a key card to get in the building and the dorm which is good. I would stay there again.

I had a nice stay here, the dorms were clean and the hostel had everything I needed, staff were helpful and it was only a short walk across the river to the southbank.

Very big Hostel, didn't like that you had to pay a depost for using plates. Was cooking, had to run down to the reception to get my cuttlery, went upstairs again, after clining had to go downstairs again. Needet much time for that as there was a Queue at reception.

'Party hostel' , wasnt given a lot of info when I checked in, the rooms had terrible aircon and stank.

I've had a nice stay. Bar closes at 10pm on weekdays so you can still have a good sleep. Bathrooms were prob.the cleeniest I've ever had in a hostel (14 bed dorm,ensuite). Great view from rooftop and good walking distance to pretty much everything. Only thing I find rediculous: extended my stay and had to pay $4(!!) more per night than If booked online!!!!!

great people, fantastic atmosphere. just loved the fiddler's elbow( you have my favourite elderberry cider thumbs up!)an meet a great block / sexy as hell ! thanks for top weekend will be back!!

• 21st Feb 2014

Delighted you enjoyed your stay but we have to know who was the guy???

The one good thing about this hostel is that it has AC . The rooms smelled of mold and the facilities, especially the bathrooms were disgusting. It was obvious that girls would smoke in the bathrooms and ashes were left all over the floors. There are no lockers in the room to store your valuables. This is a party hostel so if you want a mix of sight-seeing and party this is not the place for you. Most travelers are younger in age and are interested in only partying rather than seeing OZ.

Its very difficult to respond to your comments as you only stayed one night and manage to fall out with a number of other girls. certainly, people should not be smoking in our bathrooms and I'm sure as a general rule don't. For those that don't know, smoking is prohibited under Queensland law in any inside area of a Hostel. For our part we upgraded you to a four share and am sorry you didn't enjoy your stay. Good luck on your travels!

this hostel is quiet big and offers a bar, a pool and many areas to sit and relax. it's not very far from the roma train station and the city. it was a nice stay there.

Security was good, but there were no lockers (although you can give things to the staff for them to hold). Wifi was slow. I had to use my cell phone instead most of the time. Cleanliness was average for a hostel. The pool was very cloudy and a bit dirty (I heard some gross things about it, but it was hearsay). Air conditioning was nice.

Other than the mattresses being very very thin it was a nice place to stay.

« first « Prev 1 2 3