Brisbane City Backpackers Reviews

380 Upper Roma Street, Qld 4000, Brisbane, Australia

The Hostel was really nice! Best was the view and the cheap beer;)

Good location, nice hostel!

Loved that this hostel had everything, was big, amazing atmosphere...kitchen was great but annoying you have to rent dishes/cutlery...the pool, bar and restaurant were great and the Canadian guy helping me out was real nice as well! I was leaving super early and they made sure to help me out with that.

Dirty, dirty, dirty. Thankfully only stayed on night. Got no sleep due to very noisy people, rude guests who had basically trashed the dorm room. Cockroaches in showers. Keycard never worked, rude reception were angry to have to fix card.

We got a very damp room

Staff were very friendly ad helpfull. Room was ok but the hosel smelled toluets and showers not too clean and are unisex. Not good value for money wouldn't recommend

Positive points: views over the city. Big kitchen. Negative: really unsafe. Everyone could walk I and take your backpack (if you leave it there). Doors don't lock properly. Wifi doesn't not work at all in any level. Really frustrating. No point to have for free when it doesn't work. No BYO alcohol. They force you to buy from their bar. Really smelly. I don't recommended.

It was not a good stay! I booked a 6 female dorm for 2 people. We had to sleep in different rooms. It was cold, but they did'nt had enough blankets. There where people living in the room, all thete clothes where everywhere. No space for my backpack! We had to park somewhere else, there was no space! Showers ar very small. Lots of noises the whole night. My bed was'nt good. Continue problems with the keycards, was'nt good working!

Favorite hostel in all of Australia so far.

This is a very lively hostel with a cheap bar..I enjoyed it so much I extended my stay twice.

I was actually positively surprised, based on the reviews I read. Great facilities Only minor problem was the noise from the bar downstairs, but that's the same in any hostel that has one. Warm and welcoming staff. All and all, nice hostel witch I would recommend.

Really cool hostel with a great atmosphere. We really enjoyed our stay there!! Too bad though that the wifi wasn't really working.

A good place to stay !

• 24th Mar 2015

Great hostel and have recommended to everyone along the way. The only downside is the wifi is awful even though it's free. The only time you get a decent connection to Skype home Is in the middle of the night to very early morning.

Fantastic hostel, can only recommend it! The staff is friendly, atmosphere is great, rooms are clean and it was overall a really fun stay. There's a bit of mold in the bathrooms and the air conditioning is turned up far to high, but apart from that I loved staying at City Backpackers!

• 10th Mar 2015

Hostel was great, fantastic location, really clean and good facilities, we got upgraded to an ensuite room with a TV for free which was great. Would give it a 100% if the wifi was a bit better. It was still usable just a bit inconsistent, couldn't connect at times. There is a good Internet cafe 30 seconds down the road though.

When you arrive you don't feel very welcome, not a good start, then u have to pay deposit for the room key and for knife and fork if u want to eat, not even talking about the beds and wifi access lol Better to avoid, there are like 3 hostels just beside this one ;)

Very dirty all in all. Kitchen was too hot to cook in- but from the look of it - I wouldn't do it anyway! It's disgusting. Rooms smell horrible, showers are dirty as hell and don't even work sometimes. I would NOT recommend this hostel!!!!!

All round excellent hostel with friendly staff...apart from finding some crystal meth which was promptly handed to reception staff who disposed of it. Pool and views are great!

• 8th Mar 2015

Really cool hostel. The common area was really big and there were 4 different stories to sit outside on. The pool was super cool with an underwater window you could look into from the floor below. The bar in the hostel was cool as well with activities, pool table, jenga and chess. The one thing I thought was weird was they had no plates, spoons or utensils in the kitchen but you had to rent them from the front desk. Besides that it was great, I'd stay here again.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4