Brisbane City Backpackers Reviews

380 Upper Roma Street, Qld 4000, Brisbane, Australia

They couldn't find my reference number for my scheduled stay. Plus I had to pay 20$ a night for a 30 bed dorm when a 6 bed dorm is also 20$ a night (another tenant told me this) . Dumb if you ask me. The staff was very friendly and catered to our every need. The location was great and the building complex was super cool. Cheap beer, food was good.

• 11th Aug 2015

I really liked staying here. This hostel has everything from a big kitchen to a swimming pool, terrace, movie room and bar and etc. And thankfully, our room was upgraded and we could stay really comfortably. What I liked the most was the clean toilets/bathrooms. It's always clean and never get busy. I really recommened this hostel

Really enjoyed my stay here. Location is quite good, not too far from the city and it is pretty quiet. Rooms and facilities are clean, plenty of stuff organised and it's a big building so it did not feel too crowded.

It was a good experience - Thanks

Ups: They never stop cleaning this place! Very cheap bar. Card key locks to rooms. Big kitchen and only a 10 min walk to town, 2 to Coles Downs: hard place to meet people, all the are at the bar which everyone. WiFi is non existent. Staff don't seem to know about Brisbane, they just tell you to Google everything. Laundry is the most expensive I've come across.

I had to complain twice before I left... The receptionists were quite rude. The room was very dirty. They say that every area of thr hostel is cleaned at least once... it is totally false... my room was really dirty and untidy... room check totally unuseful (if any)... For them clean the rooms means make the rubbish bin empty... Choose another hostel!

Staff were amazing ! They helped so much!

Convenient location, friendly staff, nice atmosphere! I stayed in a private room which was comfy and secure. The pub at the hostel has lots going on, it's cheap and it wasn't too noisy (our window was opposite the pub). Check out the viewing platform in the evening, great view of Brisbane :). Would stay there again!

I don't know what was best: the pub being open and loud on Monday, the fact that a window could not be opened, the non- availability of an extra blanket, or the 'free internet' that wasn't even working. A very bad hostel.

Kitchen is big and clean. I was here 2 weeks and didn't ever have to wait to cook my food so how it should be. You can sign up to job club which found me some labouring work on the same day. Wifi is pretty useless. 20min walk into CBD. Cheapest bar in Brisbane, pitcher of VB for $8. It's very noisy though and very difficult to get a good nights sleep. Music starts at 8am every morning, no idea why.

The price for a room was more than twice what we have paid anywhere else but this was considerably offset by the exceptionally good value meals (which were also very tasty). Location is about 500m from a main train station and there are plenty of amenities and a Coles just over the road. Walk in to the center of Brisbane was rather long. Really good atmosphere unless you like quiet and the range of facilities is good (be sure to bring your own bowls and cutlery etc)

• 18th Jul 2015

I was pleasantly surprised by the friendliness and cleanliness of the Hostel. Other guests were polite and happy. Front desk staff were professional and always helpful. Located near a shopping mall and the main transit centre in Brisbane made it an excellent choice for a budget weekend.

• 18th Jul 2015

Was only there for a night, but looked like a fun hostel. The girl on the front desk was lovely, room was tidy and close to everything.

Hostel was okay. Decent vibe with the bar and common areas. Dorm rooms were pretty average and not the cleanest.

The view of the rooftop is great! The matress in my girlsdorm was very good in comparison to other hostels. Wifi only in the common area and really slow what is annoying.

I never met a so bad manager in 10 months in Australia. The staff is arrogant and impolite. There is nothing in the showers to hang your clothes or towels. Everyting is wet . they ask 10$ caution for dishes but when someone stole mine the manager checked the camera to see who did but didn't give me back my money. Worst staff and robber I have seen.

• 16th Jul 2015
  • Belgium

Difficult to get reasonable sleep for a reasonable price. I had to leave two days early because I probably got 6 hours of sleep over two days.

• 16th Jul 2015

3rd time at this hostel and i was really disappointed this time! I got 'upgraded' to a 6bed dorm. More like downgrade! The room was underneath the bar which pumps loud music til gone midnight. The bathrooms smelt like sewage! Nowhere to hang ur towel/clothes in the showers. I moved to the14bed girls room. It was an absolute pigsty. Cudnt see the carpet. I moved again to a quieter 6bed which was ok. The kitchen was always filthy. Never a clean pot. $10 to wash and dry ur clothes! Rip off.

The kitchen is not up to standard. There is no cutlery or plates/cups etc. Food preparation areas are crowded and inadequate. The pub noise in the adjacent bar made sleep difficult. Room base tea and coffee facilities would have helped The area and hostel seems to attract a non visitor /tourist group. Pot was smoked near the entrance.

• 14th Jul 2015
  • New Zealand
  • Couple, 41+

Renting plates/cutlery is extremely annoying. Apparently it's to keep the kitchen clean, but that can't be the case since the kitchen was filthy. The hostel is well located but it is a maze in itself. I found it a challenge just finding my way around. The bar is nice enough, and the rooms were clean. However with no hooks at all in the communal bathroom, you have to travel in between showering wearing just a towel. I was disappointed, but you could probably do worse.

« first « Prev 1 2 3