Brisbane City Backpackers Reviews

380 Upper Roma Street, Qld 4000, Brisbane, Australia

Great hostel and have recommended to everyone along the way. The only downside is the wifi is awful even though it's free. The only time you get a decent connection to Skype home Is in the middle of the night to very early morning.

Fantastic hostel, can only recommend it! The staff is friendly, atmosphere is great, rooms are clean and it was overall a really fun stay. There's a bit of mold in the bathrooms and the air conditioning is turned up far to high, but apart from that I loved staying at City Backpackers!

• 10th Mar 2015

Hostel was great, fantastic location, really clean and good facilities, we got upgraded to an ensuite room with a TV for free which was great. Would give it a 100% if the wifi was a bit better. It was still usable just a bit inconsistent, couldn't connect at times. There is a good Internet cafe 30 seconds down the road though.

When you arrive you don't feel very welcome, not a good start, then u have to pay deposit for the room key and for knife and fork if u want to eat, not even talking about the beds and wifi access lol Better to avoid, there are like 3 hostels just beside this one ;)

Very dirty all in all. Kitchen was too hot to cook in- but from the look of it - I wouldn't do it anyway! It's disgusting. Rooms smell horrible, showers are dirty as hell and don't even work sometimes. I would NOT recommend this hostel!!!!!

All round excellent hostel with friendly staff...apart from finding some crystal meth which was promptly handed to reception staff who disposed of it. Pool and views are great!

• 8th Mar 2015

Really cool hostel. The common area was really big and there were 4 different stories to sit outside on. The pool was super cool with an underwater window you could look into from the floor below. The bar in the hostel was cool as well with activities, pool table, jenga and chess. The one thing I thought was weird was they had no plates, spoons or utensils in the kitchen but you had to rent them from the front desk. Besides that it was great, I'd stay here again.

Good location for the bus station but probably not worth the walk up the hill. Staff on check in were very unhelpful and seemed annoyed I was paying by card. I wasn't told I had to rent dishes so didn't have anything and reception closes at 9. In the room, the air con is set to a standard temp and is VERY cold. The bunk beds have no steps so good luck getting down. Door was also unlocked the whole time so security not great (and no lockers in room). Bathrooms were dirty, as was the kitchen.

No ladders on the bunk beds. No hooks in the showers. No way of adjusting the air con, take a jumper! Someone then turned the air con off resulting in the opposite problem and the room being too stuffy. Kitchen could have been cleaner. Did the job but not for me.

Wouldn't stay there again. Kitchen and bathrooms quite filthy.

Nice staff. Not too far from the city and clean compared to other hostels. I would definetely go back there

Our room was very small and didn't live up to the expectations. There was trash and clothes everywhere and it smelled horrible - an overall very unpleasent place. The wifi didn't really work as well and the staff wasn't to much help either. But the bar was cheap which was nice.

We booked a 8 bed female dorm on hostel world and ended up in a 14 bed share after we arrived being told the hostel was full and there was nothing they could do about the room mistake. The receptionist was moderately helpful in resoliving the issue but we ended up paying more for a lesser room. HOWEVER! The hostel itself is great though, perfect location and the rooftop and terraces are awesome.

• 24th Feb 2015
  • Scotland

I think the hostel was full (they said they like to upgrade all the people who book online?!?) so they moved us to a smaller dorm at nearby chill backpackers... Nice, rooftop area but unfortunately no pool!

The movie room was very nice to have when it was a rainy day! The kitchens weren't bad but not very well stocked. Having to pay deposit for your dishes makes sense I suppose but you aren't given any other supplies to help with cooking. Bathrooms weren't very clean

Basic hostel, rooms very dated, no ladders on bunks?! Location ok about a 20min walk to town.

Cool and friendly staff. Huge hostel with lots of space to lounge and hang out. Makes it a bit harder to meet people but there is a pool and movie room and a really fun and cheap bar in the hostel. Also free bag storage and other perks. No lockers but the front desk will hold valuables for you if need be.

Perfect location, helpful and friendly staff, the best one along upper roma st.

Loved my stay here! Only thing was there were only two outlets for 6 girls in the first dorm room I stayed in. Staff is very friendly and helpful!

The hostel was fine. A little noisy which was to be expected. It is close to the train station which was very useful and there are bars and restaurants nearby. The staff were helpful whenever I asked for information or had an issue. There are nice views from the pool and eating areas. One thing I didn't like was that staff would knock once then come into the room uninvited. This happened twice during our stay and we were in a private room not a dorm.Overall the hostel was fine and as advertised

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4