Brisbane City YHA Reviews

392 Upper Roma Street, Brisbane QLD 4000, Brisbane, Australia

Great location, great social atmosphere. I did seem strange that their were families staying there but its all good. Kinda like being at a social hotel in the end. Alot of English backpackers who are wonderful, staff were friendly, (the like it when you say "please" and "thank you" to them) I would defiantly stay there again. One of the best I hostels I have ever stayed at!

Staff are friendly, and it's located just 10 mins walk to brisbane transit centre, very easy to get around once we're there. I just wished i had more power plugs in the room. I read somewhere in this comments that they provided it in the locker, but I didn't see it any in mine. But overall, this is a good hostel.

Very clean hostel and location (near Roma Street Station) was perfect. Excellent staff. I had a quick peek at the kitchen/pool area and it seemed sociable. Lockers (bring a lock) and aircon in the rooms. I was on the 1st floor in the main building (where reception is) and while I liked the music that was being played, you could hear it very clearly in the room. Given that a lot of ppl in hostels need to sleep at weird hours, that could be a drawback for guests.

Fantastic modern hostel and the cleanest Iv ever stayed in. Staff esp Paul went out of his way to help me due to ankle injury. It was a relief to know they were accomodating to make my life easier. Highly recomended! (only downfall was the inconsideration and disrespect by some foreign guests smoking the naughty stuff when the YHA is a family orientated hostel but I am assured this is just a one off incident)

This is the best hostel i have been stayed in oz. clean, quiet, good location, 10 mins walk to upper roma street train station, 15 mins walk to the central. staff friendly and helpful. not a party hostel. good for resting. security is v good. pay locker but safe and systematic. A bit expensive while compare with the other hostel but worth it. For sure, I will be back for my next trip to Brisbane.

Great clean hostel with air-con and lockers in rooms. only a 2min walk to Coles and 10/15mins to southbank. Perfect location. Everything is spotless and the kitchen is huge with loads of pans and utensils. Like a quite version of Wake Up in Sydney

The hostel itself was very clean and staff were helpful/friendly. Unfortunately when I was there, some guys were on a group holiday and were making a lot of noise; not really an issue until you discover in the morning that they'd destroyed part of the men's bathroom in the process. Good hostel but sometimes attracts bad patrons.

Location is easy distance of both station and city. Staff are friendly and competent and there is a brilliant rooftop pool. Would certainly stay here again.

Great facilities! Love the rooftop pool, movie room, and the huge kitchen. I just wish the bathrooms were cleaned more often since they were quite dirty. There were also some people at reception who did not seem the least bit interested in being helpful. Would also be helpful to let guests control the television; having to go down two floors to reception every time you wanted to adjust anything was quite irritating. Other than that, this is a great hostel!

the staff were all really friendly. The bathrooms were really gross and everything else was pretty average. Not entirely impressed.

Wasn't a bad pace to stay, a bit of a walk to get into the city. The bathrooms needed to be cleaned better than what they currently are, and the bed was quite uncomfortable.

$32 per night is too expensive. Also the lockers aren't free to use, especially for those checking in early. Very inconvenient. Otherwise generally clean, not too social hostel but a friendly vibe around.

The Hostel has a high security standard with large lockers where it was possible to store my big backpack (75 l) and my small backack (33 l). Unfortunately my card for the room stopped working three times, although the card had no contact to my mobile phone. I don't know if this is a genereal problem...The hostel is in walking distance to a bus station and the central station where the Greyhound and Premier bus arrives and departures. To the inner city you have to walk around 20 min

It's on the edge of where most accommodations are but still walkable and only 10-15 minutes from the train station. I liked it because it wasn't a party spot....very mellow so good for couples, older traveler or anyone wanting a chill place. BIG Plus is lockers in the rooms with charging outlet INSIDE THE LOCKER! SO smart I wish all hostels did this! The pool is quite small but large enough for a dip to cool off. They did a nice BBQ for all the guests which encouraged social interaction

Hostel was clean with good facilities. Check in took a little longer than expected, as we had booked through Hostel World and there was some difficulties, but it was fine. Rooms were perfect for what we needed it and was great to have a light on each individual beds. It's the little things!!

Very clean. Make sure you bring ear plugs, some rooms are right next to the train which you can hear all night. Good laundry facility. Good cafe. Good common rooms on the top floor.

Very good

• 22nd Sep 2014

Very close to the train tracks. You can hear it rumbling and speaking from the women's wing in the second floor. Certain common areas smelt like wet dog and they charge to hold baggage (checking in or out) by making you buy lockers. However, the kitchen and deck top ratting area were nice. As was the first free pancake on Sunday morning.

I cannot praise the hostel and their staff enough. They went out of their way to make sure I was charged the appropriate fee given I had booked via another site. My room was spotless and had a great view. Movie theatre, cafes and supermarket nearby was a bonus. Cafe downstairs made the best fresh juice. I will definitely stay there again. As an older traveller I was not made to feel uncomfortable. Thanks

• 10th Sep 2014

Clean, staff were friendly, I didn't feel the social vibe much and I felt it was rather located on the out skirts of the city. Coles was close enough.