Brisbane City YHA Reviews

392 Upper Roma Street, Brisbane QLD 4000, Brisbane, Australia

Great roof terrace and pool. Very clean. However, room (4 bed dorm) was tiny, not really enough room for two people to be not in bed at the same time (apparently they're not all like that). Not sure if it was just the one I used, but the shower water pressure was awful.

Best HI hostel I've stayed at in a while. They are usually clean, safe, but also boring. This one was really good in terms of having a social atmosphere, with a great common area and kitchen upstairs.

The YHA was ok, although it felt more like a hotel than a hostel, meaning the atmosphere could have been better as it is so big it is hard to socialize and mingle. There were a mixture of ages including school age children and much older people which might make some people feel uncomfortable drinking around them. The rooms were very small and stuffy with no windows but if you turn the air con on it is freezing. I probably wouldn't stay here again but would recommend for families and school trips

Great hostel. Nice pool, cool TV room, spacious facilities. Easy access to city and Southbank. Would stay there again.

Very clean and safe.

We loved our stay here, we arrived the train from Fraser Island and it was great to be able to walk to the easy to find hostel- the roof top pool was also lovely after a long days travelling. The staff were great really friendly, and we loved the way the hostel had activities on each day, we went at an AFL game with the owner of the hostel and a group other guests. Also the next day they had free pancakes for breakfast, with all the toppings! It is close to coles, a bar strip and the city.

Overall a great hostel, I stayed for 5 nights and would go back if it wasn't in Brisbane, which is unfortunately not the most exciting city ever. The kitchen and TV facilities were great, although you got a nasty smell of sweat often where there was carpet.

Showers and Toilets were really dirty. Far away from city center but close to bus station. Too expensive.

Apart from the terrace which can overlook Brisbane cty, there is an amazing swimming pool!!

Fantastic hostel only downside 12 dollars a night to park the car

Some of the staff was awesome, some acted like they hated their job. For the most part it was a good stay. A bit overpriced, and you could literally hear everything out in the hall...at all hours of the night.

• 4th Apr 2015

Not a ton of personality in this YHAT but the staff was helpful and there were good hostel events going on most nights. Its proximity to Roma Station and the Barracks is nice but it's a walk everywhere else.

Very good and clean hostel, I just had a problem with my room card, it didn't work during the night and I was not able to have staff's help, there was no one in the front desk and nobody answered the emergency number. I had to knock until someone in the room wakes up and open it for me.

Bathrooms poor quality for this price range hostel. Showers very weak. Did not state in Hostelworld at least, that the rooftop bar is closed. Need more plug sockets in room. Need more inclusive activities.

Simple but clean and safe.

• 10th Mar 2015

Absolutely loved staying here, my favourite hostel I stayed in on the East Coast! There was actual Air Conditioning in the rooms, not just a fan like everywhere else! Pancakes for breakfast on sunday were so damn delicious, bathroom facilities were very clean and well looked after, staff were friendly and very helpful. Easy to walk to the South Bank from the hostel to the artificial beach and lots of restaurants. Loved my stay here, wish I could have stayed longer!

• 7th Mar 2015

Dreadlock receptionist guy was lovely we were so tired andd hot from travelling and he gave us a zooper dooper

• 5th Mar 2015

I've stayed in many hostels and this was one of the cleanest & tidiest. Not super central but close to transport including Roma St Station (catch the Airtrain to/from there), only a few minutes walk to Suncorp Stadium as well as the Barracks/Caxton St which has everything you need from Coles to cafes/bars/restaurants. About 15 minutes walk to the CBD.

• 22nd Feb 2015
  • New Zealand

I really enjoyed my stay in YHA, the only thing I didn't like was that I had to pay for the Wi-Fi

Great hostel, really clean and spacious. The kitchen was massive with lots of equipment. Large dining/chilling area that speads inside and out. Outside rooftop swimming pool, with great views! Cinema room with comfy sofas. They do a pizza night which is great. Really really close to the train/transport/bus station. The only thing is they don't have free WiFi, so I would think again staying there because of that. Didn't think it would effect me but it did.