Brisbane City YHA Reviews

392 Upper Roma Street, Brisbane QLD 4000, Brisbane, Australia

The place was very clean. The shower room and toilets were especially very clean! The room is a little plain, but that's no big deal really. The staff were friendly, but I have found the staff at other hostels to be much more hospitable. Not a complaint really, maybe just room for improvement. I was disappointed the bar was not open. I was hoping to have a drink at the bar and maybe meet some people. Overall I was happy with my stay.

• 19th Apr 2014

Fantastic hostel to stay at. Clean, friendly, bicycle in good condition and really comfortable beds and pillows. Would recommend.

• 4th Apr 2014

Friendly, helpful staff, great kitchen facilities. Nice to have the rooftop terrace and pool. Excellent free pancakes!

• 28th Mar 2014
  • Couple, 41+

Friendly staff. I really enjoyed the restaurant attached to the building. I wish wifi worked in more places, including rooms. Our door was left open and unlocked by cleaning staff with my things still inside. I enjoyed my stay overall though.

Really nice hostel just a few mintues from the city centre. There are lockers in the room which I always like. Nice relaxing feel around the place but it can be difficult to speak to new people maybe caused by the bench set up. Typical YHA stay really, safe and practical but never anything amazing. I enjoyed my stay there and would stay there again. So overall, good sthostel.

All in all a fantastic stay in YHA Brisbane. Loved the staff, they were really friendly and helped out where they could. Loved it

• 17th Mar 2014

Wonderful hostel!!! Staffs are soooo nice!!!

• 13th Mar 2014
  • Austria

The staff were great and thank for the help from becky on the reception desk, as she helped me sort travel and future hostels thank you

Very nice hostel, a 20 min walk from Elisabeth II shopping street. Very helpful personel.

I booked in advance and tried to change booking with the flex booking. They wouldn't refund

Stayed here as with all YHA's you know what to expect and what your getting. The lockers were large, charging points inside were good. Card key entry is good and safer. The hostel itself is not really lively or big for entertainment, we ended up at the bar at city backpackers instead. The toilets and showers were pretty clean looking but when you look closer they are grimey in the corners and edges (needs a deep clean). Would probably stay here again but maybe in a mixed room rather than a femal

We could only pick up WiFi in the corridors which wasnt ideal when we needed to contact family on plan our onward journey

Really nice roof terrace / kitchen area. Very clean rooms like a hotel and nice bathrooms. Helpful staff and wifi available in the bedrooms. Would definitely recommend!

Great hostel with a very helpful staff! Thanks for a great stay!

This is a large hostel with good facilities (pool on the roof, outside eating area, nice small bar next door), but it is a loud place to stay because the doors are very heavy and make a loud noise everytime they are opened and closed and because they jet clean the bathrooms right outside the bedrooms every day from 7.30am. This is not only very loud, but also right when you want to use them - surely this could be changed!

Decent hostel. Kitchen area is good and outdoor area is good. Not the best location for seeing the city but handy for train and bus station. Quiet at night so good for sleep. Bathrooms and kitchen always clean. Not the most sociable of common areas but would recommend to stay if you want so peace and to chill out like I did. Loved the way they encouraged people to recycle any unwanted clothing etc for other travellers to pick up.That is an excellent idea I haven't seen anywhere. Value for money

The private rooms could be cheaper.

• 19th Jan 2014

Fantastic place to stay! A great vibe, with lots of opportunities to meet new people The hostel was kept clean and had brilliant facilities available. They also had activities going so you had a better chance at meeting new people. Great location and a fun atmosphere.

The place was clean, but the people behind the desk were very rude. I asked them for help with booking a trip, and the man behind the counter said, "Well what would that get us?" and refused to help. Also, the other people in my room were three women in their forties who went to bed at 9pm and insisted the lights be off at that point.

Toilets(Shared) were a disgrace..... I complained twice over my two day stay & noting was done about. was told we use an outside cleanin complany will let them know. Not good enough, they were a health and safety hazard. Also, I remarked toilet rim was broken and on the floor & you couldnt loc the first shower dor. no coment mde to fix this.... very very poor, dsinterested.

« first « Prev 1 2 3