Brisbane City YHA Reviews

392 Upper Roma Street, Brisbane QLD 4000, Brisbane, Australia

Showers and Toilets were really dirty. Far away from city center but close to bus station. Too expensive.

Apart from the terrace which can overlook Brisbane cty, there is an amazing swimming pool!!

Fantastic hostel only downside 12 dollars a night to park the car

Some of the staff was awesome, some acted like they hated their job. For the most part it was a good stay. A bit overpriced, and you could literally hear everything out in the hall...at all hours of the night.

• 4th Apr 2015

Very good and clean hostel, I just had a problem with my room card, it didn't work during the night and I was not able to have staff's help, there was no one in the front desk and nobody answered the emergency number. I had to knock until someone in the room wakes up and open it for me.

Bathrooms poor quality for this price range hostel. Showers very weak. Did not state in Hostelworld at least, that the rooftop bar is closed. Need more plug sockets in room. Need more inclusive activities.

Simple but clean and safe.

• 10th Mar 2015

Absolutely loved staying here, my favourite hostel I stayed in on the East Coast! There was actual Air Conditioning in the rooms, not just a fan like everywhere else! Pancakes for breakfast on sunday were so damn delicious, bathroom facilities were very clean and well looked after, staff were friendly and very helpful. Easy to walk to the South Bank from the hostel to the artificial beach and lots of restaurants. Loved my stay here, wish I could have stayed longer!

• 7th Mar 2015

Dreadlock receptionist guy was lovely we were so tired andd hot from travelling and he gave us a zooper dooper

• 5th Mar 2015

I've stayed in many hostels and this was one of the cleanest & tidiest. Not super central but close to transport including Roma St Station (catch the Airtrain to/from there), only a few minutes walk to Suncorp Stadium as well as the Barracks/Caxton St which has everything you need from Coles to cafes/bars/restaurants. About 15 minutes walk to the CBD.

• 22nd Feb 2015
  • New Zealand

I really enjoyed my stay in YHA, the only thing I didn't like was that I had to pay for the Wi-Fi

Great hostel, really clean and spacious. The kitchen was massive with lots of equipment. Large dining/chilling area that speads inside and out. Outside rooftop swimming pool, with great views! Cinema room with comfy sofas. They do a pizza night which is great. Really really close to the train/transport/bus station. The only thing is they don't have free WiFi, so I would think again staying there because of that. Didn't think it would effect me but it did.

Great hostel around 600m from Roma street station. Helpful staff and big roof terrace with kitchen. Be prepared to pay $5 a day to make use of the wifi or to pay for the lockers if you arrive early.

Great Hostel, very comfy rooms, big, clean kitchen was cool aswell. Only thing I would've liked would be more activities, as people largely kept to themselves. otherwise had a great time and Steven, Eleanor and the rest of the staff were super :)

Great location, great social atmosphere. I did seem strange that their were families staying there but its all good. Kinda like being at a social hotel in the end. Alot of English backpackers who are wonderful, staff were friendly, (the like it when you say "please" and "thank you" to them) I would defiantly stay there again. One of the best I hostels I have ever stayed at!

Pretty standard giant Australian hostel. Friendly staff, not much atmosphere but clean.

Staff are friendly, and it's located just 10 mins walk to brisbane transit centre, very easy to get around once we're there. I just wished i had more power plugs in the room. I read somewhere in this comments that they provided it in the locker, but I didn't see it any in mine. But overall, this is a good hostel.

Very clean hostel and location (near Roma Street Station) was perfect. Excellent staff. I had a quick peek at the kitchen/pool area and it seemed sociable. Lockers (bring a lock) and aircon in the rooms. I was on the 1st floor in the main building (where reception is) and while I liked the music that was being played, you could hear it very clearly in the room. Given that a lot of ppl in hostels need to sleep at weird hours, that could be a drawback for guests.

Fantastic modern hostel and the cleanest Iv ever stayed in. Staff esp Paul went out of his way to help me due to ankle injury. It was a relief to know they were accomodating to make my life easier. Highly recomended! (only downfall was the inconsideration and disrespect by some foreign guests smoking the naughty stuff when the YHA is a family orientated hostel but I am assured this is just a one off incident)

This is the best hostel i have been stayed in oz. clean, quiet, good location, 10 mins walk to upper roma street train station, 15 mins walk to the central. staff friendly and helpful. not a party hostel. good for resting. security is v good. pay locker but safe and systematic. A bit expensive while compare with the other hostel but worth it. For sure, I will be back for my next trip to Brisbane.