Brisbane City YHA

Fabulous 1092 Total Reviews
8.5
Fabulous 1092 Total Reviews

19th Apr 2017

Very clean hostel with great facilities. They did have events at night to meet people as well which was a nice change of pace from other YHA. Roofdeck pool and kitchen were also in great condition.

18th Apr 2017

Beautiful hostel with sweeeet amenities. I was only there one night but thoroughly enjoyed the pool, deck, well appointed communal kitchen and common space outside. Bathrooms could've been cleaner, especially the shower area, but minorly. Quick walk from the transit terminal and they set up a well priced airport transfer. Awesome!

• georgieworth
  • England, Female, 18-24
15th Apr 2017
8.0

Decent room - staff were great; had booked a 16 bed dorm but the woman on reception put us in a 4-bed. Clean, good showers and bathrooms. Very small rooms but do get your own light and charging socket. Bad things: location (20 minute walk into the centre) and the luggage storage (no luggage storage room, only extortionate individual luggage lockers charging $8 for 4 hours. Overall, pretty good.

• USA, Female, 18-24
11th Apr 2017
4.3

The staff didn't seem to want to be helpful. They were just about getting the customer out. I was confused to as to why I was checking in but had to pay for my luggage to be stored. They wouldn't let me go to my room, even though when I talked to my roommate she said she had been in the room by herself for two days. I would've just liked a friendlier staff and not to have to pay for my luggage storage when checking in. I understand when checking out, but seriously.

• England, Female, 41+
10th Apr 2017

Best hostel for I've stayed in so far, wound definitely recommend it. Will stay here again on my next visit

7th Apr 2017
5.7

The staff need to be a little more friendly and willing to give suggestions to first time visitors. I felt as though I was 'bothering' the staff with my questions. Staff did not make the hostel feel like a community. I would not recommend this hostel.

• England, All Female Group, 18-24
4th Apr 2017

Nice and clean. Hot showers. Staff were friendly and it was in a great location. If you can do the free city tour do because you get a good idea of what to do for the rest of your stay in Brisbane. No wifi in rooms.. and where there is wifi it's a bit slow. We really enjoyed our stay.

• Croatia, Female, 31-40
3rd Apr 2017

Stayed there few nights. Staff was very very friendly and helpful. Clean and good location.

26th Mar 2017
8.0

A nice, regular, reliable YHA. Rooftop area is nice for dining/socialising in the evening. Kitchen is big, but obviously busy at peak times. Rooms had lockers and good air con. Clean, modern bathrooms. More expensive than neighbouring hostels.

• South Africa, Female, 18-24
15th Mar 2017

Very happy. Had a great time and met awesome people. Lots of activities to participate in. Just a pity that the weather wasn't too great, can only imagine how awesome it would've been if the sun were out