Brisbane City YHA Reviews

392 Upper Roma Street, Brisbane QLD 4000, Brisbane, Australia

Overall a great hostel, I stayed for 5 nights and would go back if it wasn't in Brisbane, which is unfortunately not the most exciting city ever. The kitchen and TV facilities were great, although you got a nasty smell of sweat often where there was carpet.

Showers and Toilets were really dirty. Far away from city center but close to bus station. Too expensive.

Apart from the terrace which can overlook Brisbane cty, there is an amazing swimming pool!!

Fantastic hostel only downside 12 dollars a night to park the car

Some of the staff was awesome, some acted like they hated their job. For the most part it was a good stay. A bit overpriced, and you could literally hear everything out in the hall...at all hours of the night.

• 4th Apr 2015

Average hostel. Not very close to downtown. Not a community vibe and seems to be a let down from other YHA's

Not a ton of personality in this YHAT but the staff was helpful and there were good hostel events going on most nights. Its proximity to Roma Station and the Barracks is nice but it's a walk everywhere else.

Very good and clean hostel, I just had a problem with my room card, it didn't work during the night and I was not able to have staff's help, there was no one in the front desk and nobody answered the emergency number. I had to knock until someone in the room wakes up and open it for me.

Bathrooms poor quality for this price range hostel. Showers very weak. Did not state in Hostelworld at least, that the rooftop bar is closed. Need more plug sockets in room. Need more inclusive activities.

Simple but clean and safe.

• 10th Mar 2015

Absolutely loved staying here, my favourite hostel I stayed in on the East Coast! There was actual Air Conditioning in the rooms, not just a fan like everywhere else! Pancakes for breakfast on sunday were so damn delicious, bathroom facilities were very clean and well looked after, staff were friendly and very helpful. Easy to walk to the South Bank from the hostel to the artificial beach and lots of restaurants. Loved my stay here, wish I could have stayed longer!

• 7th Mar 2015

Dreadlock receptionist guy was lovely we were so tired andd hot from travelling and he gave us a zooper dooper

• 5th Mar 2015