Brisbane City YHA Reviews

392 Upper Roma Street, Brisbane QLD 4000, Brisbane, Queensland, Australia

The Asian guy on reception was rude.

The yha hostel in brisbane is great! It is a 5 minute walk to the train station (transit centre) and a 10 minute walk to the city. It is really clean and the pool on the rooftop has a great view all over brisbane! Also there is a little cafe in the hostel which serves really good dinner! (I did not try the breakfast but I am sure it is also great). So if you want to have a nice, clean and good located hostel you should go to the yha :)

There were no people in the bar, the pool was just for swimming in, needed umbrellas to sit and chat to people. Lacked the backpacker feel was expecting. More like a hotel. I was by myself but it would be ok for groups of people.

• 4th Jan 2014
  • New Zealand

Stayed in the hostel voor NYE. Staff was very helpfull and nice. They have a very nice rooftop terrace with a pool. Only too bad that the rooftop closed shortly after midnight.

Funny Staff, We enjoyed our stay. However we didn't like the noise... we booked a private ensuite room - as we checked in, it was said, that it will be nice and quiet... instead we could hear the noise from the reception (eventhough we were staying in the second floor) and in addition to this we could also hear several announcement via loudspeaker boxes...!

• 29th Dec 2013

I stayed 6 days and am here again. The staff have been always friendly and helpful. I like the sociable atmosphere with guests of many backgrounds and ages, also the openness of the common areas and the extra services offered.

Had an excellent time at YHA Brisbane, Loved the BBQ specially on christmas day and the pancake breakfast. Location was so close to the city and great views from the rooftop. Staff was very helpful with everything we needed. I would highly recommend staying here.

Only had a few nights at the YHA but it was first class! Clean, secure and extremely friendly! Thank you

Really great hostel with friendly staff. I lashed out for a double room just for some peace and quiet and the room was very clean and had a great view of the city! It's quite a large hostel which can make you fade into the background a bit if your a quiet sort of person. But that can be great if your more interested in seeing the city and want to be well rested. Would definitely stay here again.

I love YAH accommodation. I every where I travel I try to find one to stay for my travels. Since I discovered YHA not other Backpacker or Hostel can match my satisfaction.

• 13th Dec 2013
  • Papua New Guinea

Great hostel. Not the best for meeting people but very nice to stay nonetheless. Rooms and bathrooms were kept clean frequently and staff was very helpfull. Location was great, very close to a supermarket and the city only a few minutes away. A shame that they charge a lot for storage and wifi and saw a cockroach once while in the pc room. But all in all had a great stay here.

Awesome hostel. Ive been all over the world and this hostel is right up there. super clean, Great pool, bar, hang out areas and really friendly and helpful staff. A bit pricey but well worth it, 10/10

Really great felt like a hotel, staff very helpful and location good for a night out in the surrounding area if you dont want to hit the city :)

와이파이가 레벨5에서는 잘잡히지 않는데 그곳에서도 잘잡힌다면 굉장히 좋을것 같습니다

• 3rd Dec 2013
  • South Korea

Nice hostel - good facilities, clean, friendly staff. Big lockers in room with power point, towel rental $2, they gave me a day pass on the day I checked out so I could access the kitchen/pool/etc during the day. Would stay there again.

The kitchen was constantly packed so it was very difficult to cook there. 6 bed dorm was a bit cramped but overall a nice hostel-typical YHA.

Brilliant location for the transit centre but a touch far away from centre of town. Great hostel though!

Accomodation is well located with easy access to transport and in walking distance to the CBD/Suncorp stadium and Caxton St hotels/restaurant. Rooms are basic (as you would expect) but are clean. Staff are friendly and helpful.

• 22nd Nov 2013

One of the best hostels that I have stayed at in Oz. It was really clean and had the best facilities. The location is not ideal, but really close to the transit station. Staff were also friendly and helpful

• 20th Nov 2013

Stayed for one night. You get what you pay for with a YHA hostel and this one is no exception. Great facilities and a cleanliness that can only be dreamed of by other hostels. It's a pretty big place but it seemed sociable enough if your not looking for the homely feel.