Brisbane City YHA Reviews

392 Upper Roma Street, Brisbane QLD 4000, Brisbane, Australia

Very nice hostel. Professional and friendly staff. The (mens) toilets are clean but had an unpleasant strong odor. Perhaps some toilet scents would help. Otherwise, very clean hostel. I enjoyed my stay and would stay again.

Nice, clean, calm hostel. I definitely recommend it.

Very friendly

The place was very clean. The shower room and toilets were especially very clean! The room is a little plain, but that's no big deal really. The staff were friendly, but I have found the staff at other hostels to be much more hospitable. Not a complaint really, maybe just room for improvement. I was disappointed the bar was not open. I was hoping to have a drink at the bar and maybe meet some people. Overall I was happy with my stay.

Fantastic hostel to stay at. Clean, friendly, bicycle in good condition and really comfortable beds and pillows. Would recommend.

• 4th Apr 2014

Friendly, helpful staff, great kitchen facilities. Nice to have the rooftop terrace and pool. Excellent free pancakes!

• 28th Mar 2014
  • Couple, 41+

Friendly staff. I really enjoyed the restaurant attached to the building. I wish wifi worked in more places, including rooms. Our door was left open and unlocked by cleaning staff with my things still inside. I enjoyed my stay overall though.

Really nice hostel just a few mintues from the city centre. There are lockers in the room which I always like. Nice relaxing feel around the place but it can be difficult to speak to new people maybe caused by the bench set up. Typical YHA stay really, safe and practical but never anything amazing. I enjoyed my stay there and would stay there again. So overall, good sthostel.

All in all a fantastic stay in YHA Brisbane. Loved the staff, they were really friendly and helped out where they could. Loved it

• 17th Mar 2014

Wonderful hostel!!! Staffs are soooo nice!!!

• 13th Mar 2014
  • Austria

The staff were great and thank for the help from becky on the reception desk, as she helped me sort travel and future hostels thank you

Very nice hostel, a 20 min walk from Elisabeth II shopping street. Very helpful personel.

I booked in advance and tried to change booking with the flex booking. They wouldn't refund

It all felt very clinical and everything costed far too much. Also the common areas get closed off pretty early so it's difficult to meet people. I wasn't a fan.

Stayed here as with all YHA's you know what to expect and what your getting. The lockers were large, charging points inside were good. Card key entry is good and safer. The hostel itself is not really lively or big for entertainment, we ended up at the bar at city backpackers instead. The toilets and showers were pretty clean looking but when you look closer they are grimey in the corners and edges (needs a deep clean). Would probably stay here again but maybe in a mixed room rather than a femal

We could only pick up WiFi in the corridors which wasnt ideal when we needed to contact family on plan our onward journey

Really nice roof terrace / kitchen area. Very clean rooms like a hotel and nice bathrooms. Helpful staff and wifi available in the bedrooms. Would definitely recommend!

1 2 Next » last »