Cambodia Backpacker Guesthouse Reviews

#11 WatDamnak Village next to Petit Villa Boutique, in front of Cockatoo guesthouse, Siem Reap, Cambodia

Booked an 8 bed room, got a 11bed room. When asked why i was told they wanted to get more money so took in walkins when they didn't have space. It was like staying in a hot chicken pen. Then was told that it was all my fault and they didnt want me to stay (by then it was dark, late and raining). After many arguments they "let us stay". Shocking service by the staff. Totally unacceptable. Hostel was a tuktuk ride from anywhere and there were no locks at all. Anyone could walk in and take anything

• 30th Sep 2015

Kind staff. Clean room with toiletries, towel, thick blanket and white sheet for a pleasant sleep in aircon room.

• 6th Sep 2015

The rooms only have one key that stays at reception which is odd but reception is always open. The staff are very friendly--will pick you up from the bus stop and give free tuk tuks to Pub Street which is only a 10 minute walk and to get back it's only a 1$ tuk tuk. The rooms were nice a standard hostel. I'd stay here again it's nice to support a family run business.

The owner of the hostel was quite nice, and he answered my emails quickly. There was no lockers in the room, but they had a room for keeping your things safe. There was no mosquitos inside, so that was amazing. And you could rent a bike for 1 day for 1 dollar, which I could recommend if your going to see the temples.

Two extra beds were added to our room making it invariably hot Not the most confirmable beds and on a hot night all doors and windows in rooms closed. It was just hot air moved around

Friendly staff. We arranged a free pick up and arrived before planned. We just called and they send a tuk tuk quickly. When we arrived they didn't had a free room without ac (we booked only fan), so we were upgrated for free to a room with ac for that night. The rooms were simple but ok.. The next days they arrangedl tours arround the temples with a tuk tuk, the man was lovely!!!! If you need one, just contacy him at veboloung@yahoo.com.

PROS: Good location (short walk to town). Cheap. Decent street food nearby (Natalee's Diner was a gem!) Owner and staff were very friendly. An outdoor bar was being constructed which looked very appealing. CONS: Wooden bunk beds were very rickety. Breakfast wasn't included. Only one bathroom for a large dorm (~10 beds). Best to book a room with AC (I didn't) to minimise mosquito bites and stay cool at night.

Not very central but quiet and still walking distance to Pub Street. Super friendly staff and free drop offs at Pub Street.

Staff was very friendly! Helped us with your information, had great breakfast, and hung out with us after a long day of travel. Once at Angkor they wouldn't let me friend into the temple because her sleeves were too short so the tuk tuk driver who works for the hostel have her his longsleeve shirt. Oh and they're jnstalling a bar in the front too!

For the price everything was well arranged. We arrived from Phnom Penh and they offered free pickup. The location is good, only a walking distance from the main street with all the restaurants and bars but for that as well they had a free drop off so it was awesome! Everything was neat and clean, beds were not the most comfortable. Only issue was that next day we had booked a bus and nobody informed us when we have to be ready therefore next morning they woke us up and we had to get ready in 5mi

• 9th Jul 2015
  • Latvia

Really friendly staff, breakfast enough to start your day with one meal + drink included! They have free pick up at the airport when you arrive there and the room was very clean and organised. Definitely would come to stay here again! Thank you.

A bit far from the centre and the infamous Pub Street, that can be an advantage or a problem, depending on what your plan is. They compensate for the location with free pickup from the bus (or however you arrive to Siem Reap) and free dropoff at Pub Street at pretty much any time, so that's absolutely great. Apart from the location, the staff were super friendly, the rooms were clean... excellent!

The location is different than it is on the map. I wouldn't have found it if it weren't for my tuktuk driver asking around. But other than that, everything was perfect. The place is really beautiful and the staff is crazy helpful. I arrived after currency exchanges had closed and they lent me money so I could go get some dinner. I'd definitely stay there again.

View all Siem Reap Bed and Breakfasts