Cambodia Backpacker Guesthouse Reviews

#11 WatDamnak Village next to Petit Villa Boutique, in front of Cockatoo guesthouse, Siem Reap, Cambodia

I have been travelling for two and a half years now and have stayed in some awful places to save a buck. This was the worst one of all. The dormitory wasn't even a room. It was outside. Not joking. Mosquitos everywhere and also BED BUGS. There are no lockers or anything so yes your stuff is all outside too. Just a shitty little awning over the beds. You can't even shower due to there being a hole in the door. They also wouldn't return our money two seconds after checking in and seeing the dorm.

I couldn't believe my luck when I was upgraded to the better room. This is the second time I got upgraded because the room I booked was full. So instead of the 2USD outdoor dorm, I got a bed in an indoor dorm with a little bit of air con. So there's nothing to complain at all.

Watch out for this hostel. It may seem cheap but once you are there you need to pay way more than expected. I booked a tour to Angkor and it was more expansive than stated (they said that the information from the confirmationmail and the tuktuk was old and now it is more expensive and no water is served). Dormbeds are outside and there is also the toilet with something that supposed to be a shower. Not very privacy oreiented.

Worst service ever! Bathroom really dirty! Room really unsafe, everyone (even people of the street) could walk in and steal something!On the website they say "free pickup from the airport" but that isn't true. After they bring me to the hostel they charge me 5$ extra!! The staff was really rude and they were always trying to charge you extra for every service in the hostel! They couldn't even give me the answer for the questions about the city and the temples! I'll never go to this hostel again

Definitely worth it. Good place for backpackers. Friendly people and services.

Staff was really nice. They let me check in at 5am as my bus arrived really early. The hostel is located 15 mins walk from pub Street in a quite location. They also have bike for rent. I booked a $2 dorm and it was just outside the house. You have mosquito net but my bed was full on ants and the toilet is in a cabin outside and during the night it gets full of insects.

We stayed a couple of nights here in the dorm room. The dorm room is located outside under a roof. Even though we expected it to be a normal inside dorm room, it was ok and we got good nights of sleep and the temperature was really comfortable. And it was nice with free pick up from the bus and free drinking water.

Booked an 8 bed room, got a 11bed room. When asked why i was told they wanted to get more money so took in walkins when they didn't have space. It was like staying in a hot chicken pen. Then was told that it was all my fault and they didnt want me to stay (by then it was dark, late and raining). After many arguments they "let us stay". Shocking service by the staff. Totally unacceptable. Hostel was a tuktuk ride from anywhere and there were no locks at all. Anyone could walk in and take anything

• 30th Sep 2015

$2 a night. Great value for money! No frills at its best

Meant to stay 3 nights and ended up staying 17days, after all tourist activities were complete i just enjoyed my time with the owners of this hostel. I was very lucky to experience the cambodian family lifestyle. They have their own tuktuk driver who picked me up free from bus stop. Rooms were large and aircon good. WIFI amazing. Cold drinks are sold at locals price and food is very good. This place is very cheap an worth more then what you pay, will diff be back

Kind staff. Clean room with toiletries, towel, thick blanket and white sheet for a pleasant sleep in aircon room.

• 6th Sep 2015

The rooms only have one key that stays at reception which is odd but reception is always open. The staff are very friendly--will pick you up from the bus stop and give free tuk tuks to Pub Street which is only a 10 minute walk and to get back it's only a 1$ tuk tuk. The rooms were nice a standard hostel. I'd stay here again it's nice to support a family run business.

The owner of the hostel was quite nice, and he answered my emails quickly. There was no lockers in the room, but they had a room for keeping your things safe. There was no mosquitos inside, so that was amazing. And you could rent a bike for 1 day for 1 dollar, which I could recommend if your going to see the temples.

Two extra beds were added to our room making it invariably hot Not the most confirmable beds and on a hot night all doors and windows in rooms closed. It was just hot air moved around

Friendly staff. We arranged a free pick up and arrived before planned. We just called and they send a tuk tuk quickly. When we arrived they didn't had a free room without ac (we booked only fan), so we were upgrated for free to a room with ac for that night. The rooms were simple but ok.. The next days they arrangedl tours arround the temples with a tuk tuk, the man was lovely!!!! If you need one, just contacy him at veboloung@yahoo.com.

PROS: Good location (short walk to town). Cheap. Decent street food nearby (Natalee's Diner was a gem!) Owner and staff were very friendly. An outdoor bar was being constructed which looked very appealing. CONS: Wooden bunk beds were very rickety. Breakfast wasn't included. Only one bathroom for a large dorm (~10 beds). Best to book a room with AC (I didn't) to minimise mosquito bites and stay cool at night.

Not very central but quiet and still walking distance to Pub Street. Super friendly staff and free drop offs at Pub Street.

Staff was very friendly! Helped us with your information, had great breakfast, and hung out with us after a long day of travel. Once at Angkor they wouldn't let me friend into the temple because her sleeves were too short so the tuk tuk driver who works for the hostel have her his longsleeve shirt. Oh and they're jnstalling a bar in the front too!

For the price everything was well arranged. We arrived from Phnom Penh and they offered free pickup. The location is good, only a walking distance from the main street with all the restaurants and bars but for that as well they had a free drop off so it was awesome! Everything was neat and clean, beds were not the most comfortable. Only issue was that next day we had booked a bus and nobody informed us when we have to be ready therefore next morning they woke us up and we had to get ready in 5mi

• 9th Jul 2015
  • Latvia

Really friendly staff, breakfast enough to start your day with one meal + drink included! They have free pick up at the airport when you arrive there and the room was very clean and organised. Definitely would come to stay here again! Thank you.

View all Siem Reap Bed and Breakfasts