Cambodia Backpacker Guesthouse Reviews

#11 WatDamnak Village next to Petit Villa Boutique, in front of Cockatoo guesthouse, Siem Reap, Cambodia

The mattresses were thin and lumpy, and the linens were not clean. There wasn't even a door to the dorm room in which they had crammed several beds side by side with barely enough room to walk in between. I could have dealt with all of that, but then I started itching all over during the night and woke up to having red bites all over my body; I presume there were bed bugs. The next morning as I was checking out, one of the staff members was picking lice out of a little girl's hair!

A pretty good place to stay at in Siem Reap, an already expensive city for backpackers. For $7 you get a quiet room with a fan, for even less you can stay in a dorm with other backpackers. With this price tag in Siem Reap you really can't complain! Furthermore the guesthouse also offers a Tuk Tuk/Motorbike driver to show you around the temples and the town. Normally he charges like $10 to $15 for a whole day. I guess it's a better deal than asking a (not so trustworthy) driver from the streets.

I was so glad I only booked one night here. The place is shabby and the staff speak basically no English. The free airport transfer was the only good thing about this place - there were ants in my bed and there was no hot water. Zero atmosphere.

View all Siem Reap Bed and Breakfasts