Camping Serenissima Reviews

Via Padana 334/a, SR 11 (Padua-Venice), km 412, Venice, Italy

Good: helpful staff, clean, nice atmosphere, ability to lock up bags, laundry facilities, restaurant Not so good: limited wifi reach and couldn't handle capacity of people using it at peak hours, ants infested my bags even though there was no food Overall good experience

• 10th Jul 2015

For a cheaper, simple place to stay Serenissima was perfect. Bus travel to Venice was easy once we knew where the site's stop was, staff were friendly, market was well stocked! Kitchen a little basic but nothing to complain about. Bathrooms were clean. Overall the camp site felt very safe; no lockers in rooms but we weren't particularly worried as our cabin locked well from the outside.

Me and my girlfriend stayed in a 'twin private' which was very basic. You get what you pay for here as it was cheap and fine for 1 night. It was small and insects got in because the window needed to be open in the heat of summer. When it rained it was loud on the roof. The staff were helpful and tickets for the bus into the centre could be bought from reception. Also the bus stop was just at the end of the road so it was convenient.

Good location, nearby village with restaurants and market. 30 mins by bus to Venice. Clean facilities, Friendly and helpful Staff. Cheap market and restaurant on campsite. Quiet and Peaceful place.

This is a very good option if you don't want to pay the high fees of hotels in Venice. We really liked the camping site and definitely recommend it! Staff was also very friendly. Bus stop is really close to the camping site and takes around 20 min to get to Venice. Definitely would stay here again.

The room for two is tiny with only a small window. There was no screen on the window and the mosquitos were bad. Everything was really clean except for the kitchen. A good price for a few nights but would not recommend a long stay.

• 6th Jul 2015

We didn't enjoy Camping Serenissima at all! It is so expensive for what you get - a bare, small room which you have to pay extra for AC and you have to pay for wifi too (which you can only get at a few locations around the campsite). It is also very far away from Venice, the night we arrived we had to pay €24 for a taxi as we couldn't figure out how to get to the campsite from the instructions on their hostel world page. Wouldn't recommend this place to anyone!

Location was about 25 minutes by bus from center but was pretty cheap for Venice. No lockers but I only had one other roommate whom I trusted. Great atmosphere, very clean, and plenty of bathrooms and showers. Just be sure to bring bug spray as there were plenty of mosquitos!

Toilets were clean enough but showers could be better.

I paid 32 Euro for 2 nights. I got the lowest price room you can get - two beds and a wardrobe, no AC, no private bathroom. It got hot in there at night and there was no screen on the windows so it let in bugs. However, I am a college student on a backpacking trip. I'm willing to pay less for the place I'm staying so that I can spend more on food and things to do. The nice thing about this place is that they offer better rooms than the one I stayed in so you can get a nicer room if youre willing

The place is very good and the staffs are helpful.

Rented a bungalow for two nights, comfortable besides the hot weather. Would recommend the tents over bungalow as I got ALOT of bug bites. Staff was great and showers were nice.

Be prepared that you are living in a camping site, so it will never be a fancy place to live in. But what more can u ask for with such a price in Venice.

Staff were quite blunt & seemed unfriendly at first, but towards the end we met more who were quite nice. It's an easy 30 minute bus trip to Venice. Our room was very clean, as were the communal bathrooms. Mosquitos are a bit of an issue outside, but there were none in our room. The market is reasonably priced, and the kitchen is basic but usable. We arrived at Mestre, so for those doing the same, hop on the 21 bus to Corso del Popolo, cross the road, and get the Padova bus to Camping Ser.

Bravo!! Great stepping stone to Venice. Excellent value for money, clean cabins, friendly and helpful staff. Definitely staying here if I ever go to Venice on a budget again.

• 22nd Jun 2015
  • New Zealand

Beautiful campground!

Good place to stay for visiting Venice. However the bus to/from Venice was a 30 minute ride each way. It ran late, until midnight and it stops directly outside the campground entrance. Our room was really simple, but clean. Bathroom facilities are typical campground (large house with toilets, showers, sinks); they were clean enough and showers were nice. They have an outdoor kitchen, a restaurant and bar, and a mini market on the grounds. Wifi is €2 & only works in front.

Horrible experience! !The location is so terrible that I spend more than 1 hour from city centre to this hostel. There is no free wifi which is only available around the reception. And 2 bees in my room!! The linen is smelly. Besides, there is no hot water in my room that I cannot take a relaxed shower. What's more, the staff said the hot water machine in the closet was closed by myself. Amazing!! I never touched the closet!!! They didn't check the room carefully before the guest checked in.

Dear guest, we're very sorry about your review. This is a camping site and you can find bees, mosquitoes, ants, etc About the hot water as we have explained, the water heater is in the closet, and if you put the luggage near the water heater it can happen that it's turned off accidentally. However we proceeded to open the water heater on touching the botton ON. Best regards M.Chiara

It's a nice, clean camp, located reasonably far from Venice (25 minutes by bus - 1.30€ one-way ticket). However, the mobile house we stayed in (double - ensuite) was really small and simple. The bathroom was so small that we used the public one instead, because it was much more comfortable. If you are planning to stay for one or two nights and just need a place to sleep, this is more than enough. If you want something more, you will have to pay more in this area.

Was very clean for a campsite, although we didn't go in the public toilet as we had a private washroom. The bus ride is pretty short but tends to be really hot and crowded in the summer. Would recommend to anyone who is on a budget and wants to stay outside of Venice.

• 10th Jun 2015