Camping Serenissima Reviews

Via Padana 334/a, SR 11 (Padua-Venice), km 412, Venice, Italy

First of all you have to bear in mind that this is a camping area not a hostel. Camping areas are supposed to be in the woods :D Friendly staff, but a little hard to find. At least if you are coming by bus from Venice. Double check the bus stop where you should take off.

It was a very good budget hotel. We enjoyed it, food was very cheap in the hotel too and especially bus ticket was an added advantage that you get in the Hotel premises.

• 22nd Jul 2014
  • India

The mosquitos ate us alive both nights, we really couldnt even go outside it was bad. It was inexpensive (as a backpacker that's what I was looking for primarily) but there's no AC in the double cabin we stayed in so the heat is unbearable and you can't open the door because the Mosquitos were awful. Wifi only worked at the front desk, and was an additional charge. It was about a 30 minute bus ride into Venice but the bus is right in front of the campground.

Dear Guest, we're sorry about your review. We know that the mosquitos are a problem in Venice... about the A/C, if you get a Mobihlome with bathroom you can have also air conditioned, but for 13 euro (that you paid for a basic room without bath) it's difficult to have also the A/C included!!! Best regards Mirka

The bathroom was dirty, there were hairs and scraps of garbage and feces everywhere. Locks broken showers. They did not accept credit card and had to pay cash. The rooms were very small and uncomfortable. The supermarket on site was closed but always put it was open.

Dear guest, we're sorry about you review but you wrote some wrong information. First the locks on the showers are not broken, second we accept credit card for the payment and finally the door of the market is close because there is air conditioned inside.. you've just to push the pull door ;-) Best regards Mirka

MUCH better than expected. In fact very good value for money. I stayed in one of the cabins and after paying the same amount for dorm rooms for so long, I thought this was luxury. Obviously quite far out from Venice - about 25 min on the bus, but the bus leaves right outside the gate, so it's no prob. There was a great crowd of young people there on the last night. Can be a bit hit and miss as a single traveller

It was amazing!

• 16th Jul 2014
  • Mexico

At first time, I almost cancel the hostel because I just knew that camping Serenissima is actually out of Venice. It took 30 minute bus to get there, so it's probably not safe for a female solo traveler to go home late. But in fact, I really enjoy my stay here. Cleanliness and environment which I really like, along with the cheap value of money I'll surely comeback to do the real camping. ☺️

Unfortunately the walls are very thin so you can literally hear everything from the rooms next door which makes it difficult to sleep.

I recomend this place just to sleep, there is a lot of mosquitos, the rooms are not clean, its far from venecia but you can take the bus just infront of the camping, you have to pay for wifi.

Very difficult to sleep in the wooden huts in the sweltering heat with no fan. But you do pay for what you get, and inside the cabin it was very clean and tidy. Excellent choice if you want to stay in a Wendy House. The communal showers/washrooms/bathrooms were exceptionally clean and tidy.

MOSQUITOS. The toilet and shower block were surprisingly nice but our 2 bed shed was unfortunately unclean. The kitchen was also very unclean and only one hob of the oven worked, leaving the other 3 hobs, main oven and grill useless. Run by a pleasant man, it is located about 25 minutes bus ride outside Venice, which can be difficult to stop on your first visit. More of a campsite than backpackers hostel, there was little atmosphere.

I really enjoy staying here. This is little far from the center, but this is good place to stay. Staffs were so friendly and helpful. Bathroom and toilets are clean, however kitchen is not that clean and good.

The food was really bad

• 29th Jun 2014

About a 30 min bus ride away from Venice. The stop is pretty hard to spot and the bus was a bit difficult to locate at first. There were a lot of mosquitoes! You have to pay for WiFi and they sell city maps. The staff was not overly helpful about where to go, what to see, where to eat, etc. We stayed in a tiny shack with 2 beds. It is definitely what you pay for and not too bad for a few night's stay.

Beware of Mosquitos, but that is to be expected of the camp site. Bathrooms and showers are fairly clean. The beds were old, and you have to pay for wifi which does not reach the rooms, only in the restaurant area.

Nice place if you want to save some money and be in contact with the nature

It is a camping site which has its ups and downs. The bus stops right in front of the hostel and it's 30min away from the main city. In the reception you can buy travel tickets and maps. Paid wifi. I was in a tiny cabin with 2 beds and there are no lockers inside the room. But everything was very clean. Overall I really liked my stay amidst the greenery, and would definitely stay again! Good value for money!!

Directions to get to camp from Venice was not clear, as bus stop B is not marked. Also, the only thing I really wanted to do was see Venice at night. By the time I had settled into the camp and was ready to go, it was 9pm and was advised by the staff that there would be no point in going as the last bus back would be too soon for me to see anything in Venice. I thought I read that their buses ran every 30 minutes until about midnight,but that was also inaccurate. Great staff and facilities, tho.

The staff didn't speak english, spanish or other language

Dear guest, we're sorry about your review that we don't understand because our staff speak English, French, Spanish and German. Best regards Mirka Camping Serenissima

It's a camping ground so you pay for what you get. A 30ish minute bus ride to the main island. Wifi is not free and can only be used by the front desk. There's a nice mini mart for snacks and little meals. There's also a restaurant/bar. We enjoyed our stay.