Casa Alto Vidigal Reviews

Rua Armando de Almeida Lima 2, Vidigal, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

The hostel is on top of a favela. Very secluded so take everything you need with you. We stayed on a Friday night when they throw a party. Live band and then a dub-reggae set. Great fun. But the room we were put in was horrendous. Damp and smelly, and I got an electric shock from the plug on the wall. Showers were cold. They don't provide breakfast but the kitchen facilities are almost unusable. So if you don't mind living in a dump but like to party with a great view, this is the place for you.

Million dollar view. V accessible via public transportation. Kind & helpful staff. Quiet during week nights. I was unaware off Friday night dance program; I realize to many this is a bonus. perhaps hostel should announce. Thank u for a wonderful stay

From the reviews I was expecting a dirty hostel but it wasn't. It felt like a proper favela experience and as it was so high up you got to see a huge amount of the favela just getting there (I'd recommend walking up at least once) the view was amazing but as I am here as low season is starting there was no other guests

Very nice place to stay for some nights. It's on the top of the Vidigal, so it's kinda hard to get there, but totally worth it. I felt pretty safe there, since there's an UPP (Police Station) very near by. It also made me dismiss a Favela Tour in Rio, because we were already deep inside favela do Vidigal. The view is just breathtaking, and it's very close to the trail to Morro Dois Irmãos, an incredible view from all Rio. The staff were very gentle people, and the rooms were clean.

View all Rio de Janeiro Hostels