Casa Angel Youth Hostel Reviews

Tinoco y Palacios 610, Centro, Oaxaca, Oaxaca, Mexico

From the moment I arrived the staff were welcoming, knowledgeable, helpful and friendly. I was in a 3-dorm. My bed was comfortable. Other travelers were friendly. Showers were good and clean. WCs are well ventilated which means nearby guests can hear someone get sick in the night. Road is noisy so front door is kept shut. Only negatives I can think of. Recommend.

I had the best breakfast of my past 10 months trip at Casa. Wonderful rooftop lounge. Had a really great time.

This is the cleanest hostel I have ever stayed in! Brilliant location and friendly staff - I would highly recommend it!

Nice, clean place ten-minute walk from the city center. Free filtered drinking water, three guest computers, and generous breakfast (including nice ladies to make you eggs if that's what you choose). Great view from the rooftop terrace!

Nice hostel. Location was a little bit of a walk from the center of town, but not too bad. The Ado bus station is a short walk away as well. Breakfast was a bit small, but it was nice that it was free. The facilities were very clean. They do raise their prices during the festival in July.

clean and efficient, everything you'd expect from a great hostel. totally recomendable!

I'd like to say just EXCELLENT!!!

The hostel is well located with the zoccalo and santo dominico walking distance. It has a great rooftop where you can chill out, play your own music and have a few drinks (you can byo from shop across the road) The 4 bedroom dorm we stayed in was roomy and had ample sized lockers. Hot water for showers was only on 8-10am and 8-10pm which was fine and you never had to wait for a shower. The breakfast was awesome, eggs, toast, cereal and fruit, juice and coffee.

Good, laid back hostel. Clean place with good beds. Location is a bit of a walk from the main square, but not too bad. There's better values out there for sure, but I didn't feel like moving around. Not much of an atmosphere. There was a barbecue one day, but I went to check it out and there were only 2 people there aside from staff. Good place to get to rest.

A comfy hostel in a quite area, within easy walking distance of the everything in the city. The staff are friendly, helpful and available 24hours a day. The hostel also boasts its own large roof terrace with excellent views of the city. The included breakfast is also better than other hostels do provide.

A clean hostel with great breakfast, but lacks 'feeling' whatever that means

I cannot fault this hostel. One of the best I have ever stayed in.

it is a small and family run hostel. I like the atmosphere here. I feel warm and like home. is just a little far away from the center.

Nice staff, great atmosphere for meeting people, good location, excellent breakfast spread.

• 8th Jun 2014

Beautiful place. Great atmosphere

Very helpful stuff, great rooftop

Very nice place. Great value for money. Close to downtown.

• 23rd May 2014
  • Mexico

Live the place! :-) Nice easy and straight forward, the break first is great, and the location is good!

Awesome hostel. Friendly, helpful staff from the minute we arrived, with lots of info and ideas for things to do in Oaxaca. Super clean hostel with great facilities. The only bad thing was that we paid quite a lot more because of booking through hostelworld. Normal rate for our room was $550 pesos per night (low season, private double room with bathroom) and we had to pay $700. I understand that hostelworld takes a percentage but this seemed a lot more to pay.

I love the hostel, but do not like that I can't make reservations directly with the hostel. I live in Oaxaca and prefer direct contact, not website only. My friends had a great experience.

• 12th May 2014