Casa Angel Youth Hostel Reviews

Tinoco y Palacios 610, Centro, Oaxaca, Oaxaca, Mexico

A good clean and friendly hostel.

Awesome place to stay. Easy and safe few blocks to centro, super-friendly and helpful staff, lively during the day but quiet at night.

nice breakfast and clean but not too secure: non-guests constantly hanging out in the communal areas and dorms. staff are nice but uber-strict on being quiet after 11pm because there are often young families and older guests staying there too. nice place but it needs to decide if it is a backpacker hostal or a regular hotel

All the staff were extremely friendly, knowledgeable and went out of their way to help while also maintaining strict control over quiet hours. I enjoyed the breakfast; the eggs were always cooked to perfection. Extremely clean.

• 7th Feb 2014

Best hostel I stayed in Mexico.

The scoring says it all really. Room was lovely. Staff were friendly and helpful and thankfully spoke pretty good English (since our Spanish was woefully poor.) It was the first place I stayed in Mexico and I found it a great experience. Wished I'd been staying a few more nights.

• 24th Jan 2014
  • Scotland
  • Couple, 41+

I was extreamly happy with this hostel. The staff were all so friendly and helpfull. It is located close to everything and I enjoyed the social atmosphere. I will decently come back.

Excellent hostel. The best I stayed in during my time in Mexico. Thanks for having us.

Really great to meet all this new people in this really nice place.

• 27th Dec 2013
  • Mexico

Wonderful hostel. Warm, welcoming staff. Great breakfast with freshly cooked scrambled eggs. We were there for Christmas and enjoyed the Christmas dinner they organized. Nice roof terrace. Free Netflix on the TV!

Really nice hostel with clean rooms. Hot water only between 8-10 am/pm but if you need it at another time, they'll turn it on. Around 10 blocks from Zocalo and with a couple of markets and restaurants in walking distance. Taxi from ADO costs around 30-40 MXP but you can also walk it (about 20 minutes) or take a local bus. Totally recommend the tour to hierve el agua.

Awesome roof terrace and great location.

I lost my credit and ATM card whilst at the hostel leaving me stranded for days with no cash and the wonderful staff at Casa looked after me, supporting me the whole way until my cards arrived. Even after I had left they were still helping me as only one of my cards had arrived and they did everything they could to ensure my second card arrived and it got to me at my next hostel securely and with as minimal time as possible. I cannot thank the staff at Casa enough. They are a 10/10. Thank you!!

This was a great place to stay as I'd been in the general neighborhood before and wanted something close. The prices are going up soon so the value won;t be quite as good but I think I'd still stay here. Having helpful bilingual staff is a plus. Although I am a vegan, I could see the breakfast was very nice and well liked by everyone. it would be ok to see some granola and maybe a non dairy milk if it is feasible.

Great hostel. Located slightly far from the main square - but because it's a tiny town, it's a short walk there. The common areas (downstairs and the rooftop terrace) are great. The staff were welcoming and knowledgeable. Breakfast is made by these two lovely Mexican women who will cook your eggs however you want, there is also fruit, bread, cereal & coffee. Dorms and bathrooms are clean. Recommended.

Very clean, excellent breakfast, friendly and knowledgable staff. I hightly recommend Casa Angel!

Lovely hostel. Nice set up with good access to bathrooms and nice roof top area. Breakfast a bonus too served by two lovely ladies.

• 18th Nov 2013

i arrived on 11/7 and iḿ still here.in no uncertain terms this is the best hostel i have stayed while in mexico.all the excellent votes are well deserved

One of the best hostel i stayed in

Great hostel in a great city. Clean rooms, super helpful staff, great atmosphere, delicious breakfast, and beautiful terrace. I'd definitely recommend staying here.