Casa Caribe Reviews

200 meters North of Town, Puerto Viejo, Costa Rica

This was my worst hostel experience in Costa Rica. I very rarely leave comments but I felt compelled to say something after my night at casa caribe. It was a private double bed room on the first floor that I shared with my girlfriend, and we could not wait to get out of there. The room reeked of mold and there was a slimy gloss all over the tile floor. The bed sheets were filthy and we got chewed up from the lack of a mosquito net. Terrible night, didn't sleep at all.

• 17th Apr 2015

This hostel was clean, comfortable and private but lacked common areas and things to do. It's more of a hotel rather then a hostel. Also we were under the impression that all rooms had kitchenettes but ours didn't. It was good for us as a couple but could be boring if traveling alone.

I stayed here with my boyfriend last week and we loved it. The room we had was in a great spot and had a nice little kitchen. We had a nice large deck area as well with a hammock and big table. Alex is AWESOME and on the last day showed us a sloth that was crossing the road outside! We also saw fireflies!! There were kind of a lot of mosquitoes tho so make sure to wear repellant to bed (they breached our net). Really good place for couples who are looking to stay out of the party hostel scene.

Thanks and hope to see you again!

The best hostel in puerto viejo !

• 6th Feb 2015
  • Costa Rica

Thank you and hope to see you again!

View all Puerto Viejo Bed and Breakfasts