Casa Kiwi Hostel Medellin Reviews

Carrera 36 # 7 - 10, Medellin, Colombia

Great location, right in the heart of everything, but still quiet. Onsite bar with good prices. Bunks were very wobbly and needs more lockers in dorm.

This is my 2nd time travelling & I have never left a review on a hostel before but after way I was treated by the staff here I feel like I have no choice. It is hands down the worst hostel I have ever stayed in the staff are so rude, they made a mistake with my room and hassled me about it every time I walked past reception even though I had sorted the issue. I even had a member of staff come into my room at 1am regarding this issue and he was extremely rude to me. I would avoid like the plague.

The real story: This guest took another guest's bed, then when the other guest wanted to go to bed and complained to reception that somebody had taken his bed, this guest told us that she wasn't moving back to her assigned bed, and there wasn't anything we could do about it! It was 1am, and she was getting ready to go out to party. Based on other guest's and staff's comments about how rude and problematic you were, please please please do avoid my hostel, you won't be missed. FYI: Blacklisted.

The location is perfect, right in the best part of el Poblado. The place itself is nice and clean and has a good kitchen. The staff is alright. They have good computers and a nice chill area. Its a partyhostel but not too much, you can still sleep, theres not too mcuh noise upstairs.

Casa Kiwi was the perfect location - 5 minute walk from Parque Lleras w/ tons of restaurants, shops, bars,

• 20th Mar 2015

Amazing location and price. Just a couple of blocks off Parque Lleras and the social scene of the city!

• 14th Mar 2015
  • Mexico

Ideal hostel; fun and friendly atmosphere. I will stay here next time I'm in Medellin.

• 12th Mar 2015

Comfortable place to stay, showers were good, easy to meet other back packers and food and beer was cheap. Claude to metro and decent nightlife. Only enough lockable draws for half the people in the room but bags were safe while I was there. Had a great time in casa kiwi and a great time in medellin!

Hola Frank. Sorry about the lack of lockers in your room while you were with us, and thanks for bringing that to my attention. We're currently working to remedy that situation. I'm glad you had a great time in Casa Kiwi and Medellin!

Great location. Minutes from Parque Lleras. Very safe. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Beatriz was the best! They do not let guests in so that is a REAL downfall. And they do keep to that and are very strict. If you are looking to meet a hot local girl, she will not be hanging out with you in this hostel. Happy Buddha lets you bring in guests for a fee. The pool table here is a nice touch and they updated their kitchen. This is my 2nd time here. It is a great hostel to meet people. Salud!

• 4th Mar 2015

Not as nice as happy budda but I guess you get what you pay for. Overall a nice place with its own resturaunt and cheaper beer than other hostels, too few bathrooms upstairs just two toilet/showers for something like 7 dorms

Awesome atmosphere, everyone is friendly and social. Best hostel in Medellin

Had a great stay here! Arrived early and the staff were very welcoming. Good wifi. Good kitchen. Supermarket right over the corner. nice safe area. Good common areas easy to meet folk get a group and head to the park and nearby bars for party. Shower was hot toilets always flushed rooftop terrace and pool was excellent to relax after a big night. Good kfc up on the main road tried them all over the world and this is in the top 3. watch out 2 nights can easily turn into 6. Enjoy your stay!

Relaxed vibe, nice staff, and accomodations are great. One, major complaint though: I made a friend on Tinder and we wanted to play pool and hang out in the hostel but she was stopped by the front desk. Apparently, you're not allowed to bring in guests. Ridiculous.

This hostel is exactly what you've been told it is: the party place to stay in Medellin for a weekend. Great location 5 min walk to Zona Rosa, but 20 mins to the metro. Kitchen facilities are decent though could use an upgrade. WiFi was stable and water pressure was great although there was rarely hot water. Beds are firm but don't expect to sleep much. Friendly and helpful staff. Enjoyed my stay but if hygiene and quiet are priorities, look elsewhere. Whole place could use a thorough cleaning.