Casa Kiwi Hostel Medellin Reviews

Carrera 36 # 7 - 10, Medellin, Colombia

Great location and nice rooftop. But, I booked a 8 person dorm got a 12 person dorm. Not enough plugs to charge phones. No reading lights. No windows in the dorm room, not enough ventilation, the room smells very bad in the morning.

Very good hostel, But to expencive.

• 16th Jul 2015
  • Israel

I had a great time in Casa Kiwi, even though I didn't stay longer than 3 days I slept in a comfortable room with a shared toilet which was clean most of the time. I also requested to stay another night in high season and they had no problem with tha

It's a great place located a short walk from Parque lleras. There are tons of bathrooms which are cleaned often by the staff.. It has plenty a room in the communal areas to hang out with other travelers and the staff was very friendly and helpful. The roof top area is really pretty as well.

Overall a very nice hostel with a lot of nice people. The facilities are very nice with a lot of chillout areas - specially the little pool at the rooftop and the hammock area are nice. There is a fully equipped kitchen where you can cook yourself. The sorrounding area couldn't be better and it's so close to everything you need.

Very good hostel overall. Many common areas (large tables on the first floor, hammocks on the third, pool + sofa on the rooftop) and very clean overall. Staff is friendly and OK helpful. Kitchen is quite big, clean, new and very complete. Atmosphere is relaxed, not crazy partying. Unfortunately my room was small, humid and messy/dirty. Lockers are small. The fridge was not working throughout my whole stay (3 days, 2 nights). Don't know if they bothered repairing it.

Excellent location. Great cafes/ food locations near by. Room was perfectly cleaned (after we arrived) but neither of us cared. Comfortable beds, great private bathroom and balcony to the room. Reception was excellent. Spoke great English (which is very handy as our Spanish is quite average). Loved the addition of the cinema room, convenient store across the road for supplies and roof top pool. Overall it was a very pleasant stay.

Buen ambiente, muy bien ubicado, precio justo, muy limpio y ofrece buen descanso. La única sugerencia es que haya un dispensador de bebidas y/o snacks, ya que después de cierta hora no hay venta de ningún producto.

• 6th Jun 2015
  • Colombia

Great place to stay highly recommend it

The guy at reception who checked us in was a awesome and even let us check in early which is much appreciated after a long overnight bus. We liked the hostel but ended up moving to a cheaper one down the road with better facilities, we thought this hostel was a bit overpriced. We had loud guests arrive home at 3am both nights and stayed up making so much noise for hours so we didn't sleep much. And we didn't get a hot shower in 3 days. Probably wouldn't stay again for that price.

Security & Location - It's in Poblado Area. Can't get you better. Staff - Very Helpful and Knowledgeable about things to do there. They even arrange trips for you. They can also play pool with you when you're the only one left awake and not partying. Atmosphere - Chill. Cleanliness - Taking a dump here was as convenient as taking a dump in my hotel in Bogota. Value for Money - Worth it. Facilities - Pool, Roof Top, Hammocks, Pool Table, Restaurant, Kitchen, Theatre Room, Bar, Countless Plug

• 15th May 2015
  • Philippines

Great location, right in the heart of everything, but still quiet. Onsite bar with good prices. Bunks were very wobbly and needs more lockers in dorm.

I loved the Hostel!!! The room was very comfortable and had several lockers. Location, awesome! Safe place, close to several bars, pubs, restaurants, malls, supermarkets and anything else you can think off. Staff, very nice and helpful. But it would be better if they explain how the hostel works: what services are available, what can you find in each floor, what free activities they offer, etc. The atmosphere is great. The common room makes it really easy to meet people.

The location is perfect, right in the best part of el Poblado. The place itself is nice and clean and has a good kitchen. The staff is alright. They have good computers and a nice chill area. Its a partyhostel but not too much, you can still sleep, theres not too mcuh noise upstairs.

Casa Kiwi was the perfect location - 5 minute walk from Parque Lleras w/ tons of restaurants, shops, bars,

• 20th Mar 2015

Amazing location and price. Just a couple of blocks off Parque Lleras and the social scene of the city!

• 14th Mar 2015
  • Mexico

Ideal hostel; fun and friendly atmosphere. I will stay here next time I'm in Medellin.

• 12th Mar 2015

Comfortable place to stay, showers were good, easy to meet other back packers and food and beer was cheap. Claude to metro and decent nightlife. Only enough lockable draws for half the people in the room but bags were safe while I was there. Had a great time in casa kiwi and a great time in medellin!

Hola Frank. Sorry about the lack of lockers in your room while you were with us, and thanks for bringing that to my attention. We're currently working to remedy that situation. I'm glad you had a great time in Casa Kiwi and Medellin!

Great location. Minutes from Parque Lleras. Very safe. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Beatriz was the best! They do not let guests in so that is a REAL downfall. And they do keep to that and are very strict. If you are looking to meet a hot local girl, she will not be hanging out with you in this hostel. Happy Buddha lets you bring in guests for a fee. The pool table here is a nice touch and they updated their kitchen. This is my 2nd time here. It is a great hostel to meet people. Salud!

• 4th Mar 2015

Not as nice as happy budda but I guess you get what you pay for. Overall a nice place with its own resturaunt and cheaper beer than other hostels, too few bathrooms upstairs just two toilet/showers for something like 7 dorms