Casa Kiwi Hostel Medellin Reviews

Carrera 36 # 7 - 10, Medellin, Colombia

Relaxed vibe, nice staff, and accomodations are great. One, major complaint though: I made a friend on Tinder and we wanted to play pool and hang out in the hostel but she was stopped by the front desk. Apparently, you're not allowed to bring in guests. Ridiculous.

This hostel is exactly what you've been told it is: the party place to stay in Medellin for a weekend. Great location 5 min walk to Zona Rosa, but 20 mins to the metro. Kitchen facilities are decent though could use an upgrade. WiFi was stable and water pressure was great although there was rarely hot water. Beds are firm but don't expect to sleep much. Friendly and helpful staff. Enjoyed my stay but if hygiene and quiet are priorities, look elsewhere. Whole place could use a thorough cleaning.

I you want to smoke lots of pot and snort your cash up your nose this is indeed the place for you! It will be necessary to really damage your nose in order to endure the stench that pervades the dormitories. The lady on reception must have been on a real come down because at one point I thought she might actually punch me for asking about doing some laundry... All in all this is a gringo junky pit, that I would definitely avoid! The only pleasure here was leaving!