Casa Kiwi Hostel Medellin

Very Good 332 Total Reviews

• Switzerland, All Female Group, 25-30
7th May 2017
5.1

It started, that when we arrived at 5 p.m. Our room was not even cleaned, so we had to wait. Our room and the hostel as itself were really nice. But there's no chance to sleep without earplugs.. there was loud music till 5.30 a.m. Each night, and no one there who woul have done something against it. An other thing was, that they didn't even empty our bathroom-basket once in the whole time we've staid there.

• New Zealand, Couple, 25-30
27th Apr 2017
6.0

this property has a great location for bars, cafes and restaurants, but it is a big walk to the Poblado station if you want to venture from your bubble. Black Sheep Hostel is better located. Other than the one male staff member, the ladies at the front desk weren't very polite or helpful. On check in, there was no advice from them on where to visit, what to do and what to see in Medellin. The front desk staff need to up their game because the staff at Black Sheep Hostel are considerably better.

Hi Ben, thank's for the feedback, and I'm sorry you didn't get better assistance from our staff. Thanks to your comment we've fired them all! No that's not true. ;) But we have started a campaign to better inform our guests upon arrival about our services and what to do around town etcetra. Hopefully we'll have you back with us one day.

• mishaberry23062
  • England, Female, 25-30
24th Apr 2017
8.0

Upon checkout the staff was rude and tried to overcharge us telling us the hostelworld prices were wrong and that we had to pay higher prices after we had already paid for our stay upon check in. He delayed us for a flight we had to catch! Think carefully before staying here and make sure they don't try to overcharge you. Other than that the hostel itself was nice.

Hola! Misha, the problem was that you had booked for 2 guests, and then had 3 people in your room, that's why the price was higher, since 3 guests pay more than 2, right?? :) I would also like to mention that we had a different experience about who was rude at check-out. I'm not going to mention any names, but the rude one's name starts with M and ends with Isha. :)

12th Apr 2017
6.3

Not sure why people rave about this hostel. It had a completely dead atmosphere while I was there and some of the most unhelpful staff I've come across. The only plus is the location, it's right where you want to be. I stayed at garden of blues and partied at happy Buddha which were both way better.

Hola Alex, I'm sorry you didn't enjoy the hostel much while you were with us. March and April can sometimes be somewhat of a low season, so maybe that was a factor, although fortunately we manage to stay pretty full most of the time. Maybe you caught us on an off day. Regarding the staff, we're always working to improve our standards of customer service, so thanks for the feedback. Hopefully you'll give us another chance some day!

20th Feb 2017

Great place to stay. I only stayed for one night (a Monday) so difficult for me to judge atmosphere but the staff was excellent. The common areas are plenty. The room was clean. The noise and security was not the best. The room doors were low grade. Overall, I would stay again.

• Netherlands, Male, 25-30
5th Feb 2017
7.1

The location and the common areas are really great, but I think there are better hostels in this price range. The welcome at check-in wasnt too friendly, I had to pay everything upfront and nobody told me anything regarding kitchen/breakfast/wifi etc. Found out the next day through other guests that the hostel actually provides towels. Commons areas are big, dorm was very cramped and smelled incredibly bad. Think I would choose another hostel next time