Casa Mango Mango Reviews

Rua Joaquim Murtinho 587, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

I booked at hostelworld, paid the 15% deposit and arriving at Hostel had no room. They made overbooking. And no one returned my deposit money. Julie manager does not answer my emails. Lack of professionalism. Do not know how to work.

Casa Mango Mango is a great place to stay. A sense of calm surrounds you and you can leave the busy-ness of Rion behind. The hostel is situated in the Santa Teresa area, a lovely environment, but fairly hilly with some steep climbs. With the streetcar not operating at the moment and with the hostel's street under construction, access is not without difficulty. A small, free shuttle bus does provide relief during the day. But don't be put off by this.

The staff was very helpful and the house and surrounding grounds were enchanting. We loved exploring the neighborhood and its artsy vibe. The breakfast at Mango Mango was one of the most complete we had during our 3 weeks in Brazil. The only issue we had as the sensor lights outside our room. Our neighbors went back & forth several times to the bathroom throughout the night and it kept turning the hall light on which shined into our room.

• 16th Dec 2013

We (a young couple) stayed 3 nights at MangoMango in August 2013. The staff was very friendly and they gave us a lot of information.The surrounding is nice with old Villlas. During daytime its quite safe but at night they recommend to take a bus to downtown (3 min.) The rooms are simple but made with love. WLAN is for free. For Breakfast they serve different kind of bread, fruits, jam, cheese and salami, cereal, fresh juice, coffee, tea, ... During daytime cookies and tea are free. RECOMMENDED!

• 7th Sep 2013
  • Jeannie1304

Wonderful place up in cozy and calm Santa Teresa, 10-15 min walk from party-goers disctrict of Lapa and metro Cinelandia. The house is amazingly beautiful, staff is really nice and ready to help. There's coffee and tea all along the day, Breakfast is delicious. And the terrace, which was for me the best thing, has a small swimmingpool! There's a cool and calm atmosphere, like being at home :)

• 30th Jul 2013
  • Spain

I really liked to stay at Casa Mango Mango. It's placed in a picturesque neighbourhood of Rio de Janeiro near Lapa where the tourist can find several bars which have live brazilian and latin music. In addiction, the hostel has a friendly atmosphere and for whom don't intend to go to the beach, there is a nice swimming pool where the guests can let their hair down.

Casa mango mango is a charming place. The staff is very friendly and is always willing to help. The rooms are confortable and very clean. The breakfast is god and well served. The house has an interesting story that should be moré communicated. I would defintely stay there again!

• 7th Mar 2013
  • Colombia

I stayed there for 2 nights. First day of my visit I stayed in a double private ensuite. Room was well furnished and clean. I stayed in a single private ensuite room for the second night. Room was okey but there was a lizard in room! Also I did not enjoy the location very much. Breakfast may be the best thing that I remember about my stay.

make sure you get the room you've booked. I recommend to call the hostel befire arriving! Nevertheless the area is great and just a 10 minutes walk from Lapa nightlife area away. the hostel has a great plan for bus routes in rio, so it's easy to go to all the sightseeing highlights as well as to copa and ipanema. I would like to stay in casa mango mango again.

• 10th Nov 2011

Very helpful and nice staff. Big rooms. Good food and breakfast.

The old stately house oozes character. The staff are friendly and helpful. We showed up on a Tuesday night and there was a terrific jazz band playing in the lounge.

Mango Mango hostel is a very nice place in a beautiful location in Santa Teresa, a neighborhood worth visiting. The only thing to improve would be the maintenance of the swimming pool and the garden.

Just great great breakfast, excellent cleanness and cool staff. If I go back to Rio, I will definitely go there

• 21st Aug 2011

Absolutely amazing rooms! Very spacious, clean and a perfect place to relax!

View all Rio de Janeiro Bed and Breakfasts