Casa de Huespedes La Vicuña Reviews

Calle Ingavi Nro 184 Esquina Quijarro, Potosi, Bolivia

Very quite hostel, good for a couple of days. Unfortunately the hot showers don't work all the time. The city is really cold during the night and early morning and the hostel is not so warm. Good points: wifi

The location was excellent and the showers were hot, but that is about all. Breakfast was a bun and some tea and coffee. The staff spoke no English. I also accidentally left my cell phone in the room and have been trying to contact them but because they dont speak English no one has responded.

• 14th Jul 2014

Probably the worst hostel we've stayed in so far. No heating upstairs and the rooms are constantly freezing. You'll need a sleeping bag with you if you do stay here. Breakfast was practically non existent and wifi is really poor. Wish I stayed somewhere else.

Nice hot showers - a welcome break after freezing Uyuni! Security was good - front door always locked. Wifi in the room, but wasn't the fastest. Hostel has a nice feel - bit like a spanish hacienda.

Laundry service: soak your clothes in water and hang them to dry, so everything comes back as dirty. Breakfast: the most basic I've had in months of travelling, you're better off skipping it and asking for a discount instead. Staff: even in Spanish you only get dismal directions. Vibe: the lounge TV doesn't work, all you can watch there is who is coming out of the shower accross the patio. Rooms are so cold you don't need the freezer. Only heater on was in reception area (!). Wifi & showers ok.

Cheap and clean.

I was given the key to my room with no orientation. The breakfast hour is only an hour long and it's early. At least they allowed for a late checkout. Also there was a piano, which I definitely enjoyed. No lockers that I saw, but I was alone in my room so no idea if that was just my room.