Casa de Huespedes La Vicuña Reviews

Calle Ingavi Nro 184 Esquina Quijarro, Potosi, Bolivia

Very quite hostel, good for a couple of days. Unfortunately the hot showers don't work all the time. The city is really cold during the night and early morning and the hostel is not so warm. Good points: wifi

The location was excellent and the showers were hot, but that is about all. Breakfast was a bun and some tea and coffee. The staff spoke no English. I also accidentally left my cell phone in the room and have been trying to contact them but because they dont speak English no one has responded.

• 14th Jul 2014

Probably the worst hostel we've stayed in so far. No heating upstairs and the rooms are constantly freezing. You'll need a sleeping bag with you if you do stay here. Breakfast was practically non existent and wifi is really poor. Wish I stayed somewhere else.

Nice hot showers - a welcome break after freezing Uyuni! Security was good - front door always locked. Wifi in the room, but wasn't the fastest. Hostel has a nice feel - bit like a spanish hacienda.

Laundry service: soak your clothes in water and hang them to dry, so everything comes back as dirty. Breakfast: the most basic I've had in months of travelling, you're better off skipping it and asking for a discount instead. Staff: even in Spanish you only get dismal directions. Vibe: the lounge TV doesn't work, all you can watch there is who is coming out of the shower accross the patio. Rooms are so cold you don't need the freezer. Only heater on was in reception area (!). Wifi & showers ok.

Cheap and clean.

I was given the key to my room with no orientation. The breakfast hour is only an hour long and it's early. At least they allowed for a late checkout. Also there was a piano, which I definitely enjoyed. No lockers that I saw, but I was alone in my room so no idea if that was just my room.

Great little hostel/guest house in a beautiful colonial building. Spacious rooms, lovely garden courtyard and one of the better breakfasts I have had in south america.

The hostel is freezing and showers are lame. Beds are comfy though and the hostel always secure. Okay for a short stay but I wouldn't stay here for more than a couple of days.

Not the best choice. A little loveless staff and facilities, bathrooms not too clean and uncomfortable living room. The location is nice though cause pretty much in the centre next to a pedestrian zone. You can live cheaply there.

The hostel is in a quiet area but close to everything. The house is very cold during the night. The rooms are big enough. The bathroom is "open", the showers very small, but with hot water. The staff is friendly. The wifi even works in the room. The breakfast is small, the kitchen as well, but I could cook very well.