Casa de Romero Reviews

Calle Velez 501, Boyaca, Guayaquil, Ecuador

Friendly reception who assisted with everything that was required. Felt safe and comfortable as a solo traveller.

• 22nd Aug 2015
  • Ecuador

Amazing staff - go out of their way to help.

Excellent safe hostel in a great location. Arranged a pick up from airport for only $10. Staff was friendly and very helpful. Breakfast was good.

• 15th Jul 2015

Great hostel! We were just coming from a series of party hostels and Casa Romero was a very nice rest. If you are looking for a chill clean place this is a safe bet. Malecón was walking distance and everything you need is somewhere close by. One of the best breakfasts I've ever had in a hostel and staff was very friendly, maybe the only bad thing is the internet wasn't very good.

Second year I stayed here with confirmed late check ins, this year misled by 1st taxi driver blocking sign and correct buzz in, I ended up back at airport with information desk calling hostal twice with no answer. This less than 20 minutes after agreed late arrival. Back at 7:30 AM, exhausted after hanging out in airport. At check in, was not offered the option not to pay for that missed nite and check in at 1:00 PM. Owner refused any refund now. Otherwise, good experience!

• 13th Jun 2015

Centrally located in the DT area. Hostel situated in a high rise apartment building so the security is awesome and the view good. The sign is a little hard to notice next to the front door, could be bigger! We only stayed for one night in a private room with AC (very important for AC) room was clean, beds where very comfy. It was a 5-6$ taxi fare from the main bus terminal. Would stay again if needed!

It was really nice hostel and peoples were kind and helpful. It was just near to city center and convinient to go every places. Staffs were nice and they tried to do their best for me when I need some helps. My stay for 2night was great and if I have a chance to visit Guayaquil one more time, surely I'll stay here again.

excellent location - fantastic views of city from balcony. clean and quiet hostel. wifi good in living area.

The breakfast here was wonderful. The staff helped us with getting taxis from both the airport to their location and to the bus station for our next leg of the journey. Had absolutely no issues. As a side note - the person checking us in didn't know English. This wasn't an issue for us because I know Spanish, but could make things a bit tricky for others who do not. This was a great, secure play to stay in Guayaquil.

I was so impressed with this hostal. The staff was incredibly friendly and welcoming. I only stopped in Guayaquil for one night and this placed made my stay! Great for solo travelers that need a break from loud hostals. Thank you!

• 24th Mar 2015