Casona Potosi Hostal Reviews

Chuquisaca # 460 entre Padilla y Tarija, Potosi, Bolivia

Warma rooms and hot showers. However, beds are reallly hard. Staff are unenthusiastic and will charge extra for book swap (ridiculous) kitchen is completley padlocked and you have to pay a deposit to use anything. At the time there were no spoons and the kitchen is pretty dirty. When we were watching a movie we werent allowed to keep the remote... Tour to the mines was cheap and good though.

well located.... nice old building with good breakfast and wifi...... do the mine tour through the hostel, cheap and good funny guides

Friendly staff. Rock hard beds. Wifi, but I couldn´t connect to it even after trying several times at different times of the day. Also wifi is only at reception, not in rooms. Good breakfast. Pretty good location located about 2 blocks from the plaza, 20 minute walk to the old bus station, a 15 bus ride to the new bus station.

I only stayed here for one night between uyuni and Sucre and was pleased when I walked in and felt warm. - The rooms have heating and staff were helpfull when booking buses and taxis.

not happened to me but, my friends did their laundry and they got theirs and other backpackers mixed up! my friend even lost some of her clothes. do ur laundry there at your own risk

The stay in the hostel was good enough, the rooms were very warm at night which was perfect due to the cold weather. I done washing and they lost a lot of my belongings claiming that it was my own fault and that they do not mix the washing even though I found male boxers in my wash!!! Staff was dramatically unhelpful and down right rude.

My main concern about this place was security as you could easily walk into the hostel without passing reception. There are lockers but the dorm rooms aren`t locked. Everything else was great though. The location is great for the town centre and the breakfast was plentiful. The dorms were comfortable and surprisingly warm at night. The wifi is of a good standard and showers were hot most of the time. I also booked my mine tour here and enjoyed it. The hostel is housed in a characterful building.

In a great location 2 streets from the main square. Warm beds, hot showers, wifi in and around the reception area. Pleasantly surprised by the building as it has kept many of its original features. Simple breakfast of fruit, cereal, toast, yogurt, tea and coffee. The bathrooms could do with a bit of maintanance but otherwise excellent value for money.

A little far from the bus station but easy access by combi or taxi. Nice area for hanging out and a mine tour through the hostel. Seems to offer lots of things but never saw anyone participating and it was never explained...

All the staff that I had contact with were super friendly, they always pointed me to the right direction and wanted to make my stay the best. The house was gorgeous and the breakfast was generous buffet style.

the hostel is ok, it does not have lockers for your valuables, it just has big lockers for backpacks etc. but you need a big lock to close them. cleanliness of showres and toilets was ok, rooms were clean. staff was not extremely motivated.

Right there at the city downtown in a nice building. Thanks fellows for your time when was sick.

• 27th Apr 2014

It smelt really bad when we first got there. The beds were hard and the atmosphere sucked. Just a one night stay place.

Had a great room, which was clean, breakfast was very good.

A very nice spot in Potosi. Friendly staff who speaks english and helpul as well. Super mines tours runned by the hostel.

• 6th Apr 2014

Hostel Casona was a comfy stay, I felt very safe in this place. Heating in rooms, a cozy tv-dvd room next to kitchen. Very recomm.

• 4th Apr 2014
  • Albania

With incredible views, cleaned everyday - cheapest and best room on trip. La Casona is right at city center. The crowd here is young and some noise outside our room but we really enjoyed our stay. This room is incredible!!

• 4th Apr 2014
  • Austria

Horrible place! Was covered in bed bug bites! Bathrooms are terrible. No shower curtains so the toilet and floor are always wet/muddy. Unfriendly staff. Kitchen not even open for use most of the day and when they do open it u can't use things in there! We were told off for making a tea and using their mug?!! Don't stay here!

Great location, poor hostel. I think the previous occupants of our room had a red wine fight and the cleaners didn't make much of an effort to hide the evidence. Wine stains all over the duvet covers and puke on the wall. We asked to change rooms and the second was an improvement but still lots of dodgy stains and threadbare sheets. Bathrooms are pretty terrible, combined toilet and shower but the shower has no curtain so the whole room including toilet seat is always sopping wet. There was toil

The staff were very unfriendly. They would never leave from behind the desk to show people the facilities. The shower-ba\throom arrangement was very poor. My favorite was the exposed live electrical while having a shower wothout a curtain. There was no kitchen. So I'm not sure how they could call themselves a hostel. There was no access to a glass to drink out of. The only positive was the mine tours related to the hostel. First rate. I would recommand that anytime. The wifi was restricted to