Casona Potosi Hostal Reviews

Chuquisaca # 460 entre Padilla y Tarija, Potosi, Bolivia

only spanish speeking staff, not very helpfull. room was good, but cold. breakfast was okay. not many bathrooms, you always had to wait.

Don't go in room 25! It is very damp and mouldy and the sheets were covered in animal hair, luckily they changed our room to a very nice one (no 1) without us asking. Showers are hot, breakfast is bread and cereal. Close to the plaza, Internet worked well generally. A few hairs etc left on the sheets that we could have done without but by no means not the end of the world. Gets pretty cold but they gave us a spare blanket when we asked

Hostel on a great location and in a interesting building. Unfortunately the only two positive things. The rooms are cold, and while central heating available, they don't put it on. Kitchen has poor facilities and there only 2 showers, but hot ones! Although the price is reasonable, I won't go back.

The hostel is very noisy and not suited for oder travellers.The Internet connection is awful and the computers contantly occupied, if they work St all. Breakfast is excellent, but the coffee ran out a couple oft times. Staff is very helpful and friendly.

The mine tour is good. Breakfast is good. Water is hot. Staff was friendly. Not enough power outlet in the dorm, but there are outlets in the courtyard and washrooms.

Staff had issue when wanted to use the kitchen, all cupboards were locked. Stale bread for breakfast. Mine tour organised by the hostel was great. Also, very easy to book buses, taxi etc at reception.

Great location, really great showers! Good value for money. Breakfast is nice too.

+ near centre, ok WiFi, pretty good breakfast - very unfriendly staff where everything seemed to be a problem for example asked if I could have a bottom bunk (there seemed to be 3 bottom bunks free) but told no (so I took one of the free ones anyway)

Reception area has a funghus problem, for the staff it must be an unhealthy workplace. I avoided this area as much as I could. Staff knows it, but the owner must do something. Most of the staff were friendly and helpful when you ask them, but one was rather grumpy and cold. Otherwise a beatiful building, social courtyard, central location,a place with potential.

Doubles were large and comfortable. Hot showers which was great after exploring the mines. Breakfast was simple. A decent place to stay.

A big hostel, efficient and got all services that backpackers might ask for. Somewhat impersonal though.

We went to Potosi to do a Silver Mining tour and the one from the hostel was great. The hostel itself was okay with good beds and shower facilities. Nice location near the plaza, a little far from the bus terminal however.

Nice enough place to stay for a short period of time. Staff not friendly at all and didn't want to help with anything. We had to sign for any utensils etc used in the tiny kitchen (which was also closed after breakfast until 2pm- silliest idea ever). Room was okay but had a bad smell. Bathrooms clean but joint with showers so you had to wait to use the toilets if people were showering. Pretty good location and good security. Not a party hostel but good if you want somewhere relatively quiet.

The hostel was really cold both in terms of temperature and friendliness. There was no atmosphere. You had to pay to watch a DVD and you had to ask for plates, pots, cups and cutlery which were individually signed out against your room and name. It was very impersonal, no backpacker vibe. It's ok for a night of you are looking for somewhere cheap to stay but don't expect much more.

Staff are unfriendly and unhelpful. You have to pay to use the kitchen or TV room. Hot water stops working in the showers. Only 1 power point in 10 bed dorms. Generally bad atmosphere.

A nice surprise in Potosi. Amazing mines tours offered by the hostel.

• 18th Mar 2015

I loved Casona Hostel. Warm rooms with a big patio. You can use the kitchen, but only after midday. After all a nice stay.

• 17th Mar 2015

This hostel is ok, just for one night in Potosi and to do the mine tour (the tour they offer is good!). We slept in a dorm upstairs and that was fine, ofcourse it was cold at night, but there were enough blankets for everyone. Showers were hot (both in the morning and afternoon). They have a lack of places to charge your electronica (only 1 in our 10 bed dorm!!) and the breakfast is poor. Staff is a bit weird, but ok.

Very clean, good location. No lockers in dorm room. Lower than average breakfast. Disinterested staff. No warm, comfortable place to relax. Mine tour on offer is dangerous - included walking over 25m deep water on a narrow slippery plank with nothing to hold onto and dynamite being ignited with no safety instructions offered in the case of a problem. Half of my group asked to leave the tour early,

When I arrived early in the morning, I forgot my wallet in the taxi. I asked the guy at the reception to help me but all he said was: I can't do nothing. Very helpful... I took the mining tour there. Was average. There were no miners working that day (Monday). Not sure they are really working there or if it is only for the show. Everything is a question of money as you have to buy the miners presents and that's how starts the tour in a shop. Our guide was really strange, rude and insulting...

« first « Prev 1 2 3