Casona Potosi Hostal Reviews

Chuquisaca # 460 entre Padilla y Tarija, Potosi, Bolivia

Nice bed. Warm showers. Fairly priced. Staff organised Mine Tour for us which was very interesting - Jhonny was a great tour guide. Breakfast wasn't great - bread was stale. Power cut off many times during day and night - we think it was being tripped by a light in the upstairs bathroom? Close to square, museum and markets.

Perfect, all you need.

Nice hostel with heated rooms! Friendly staff, clean rooms, close to center and even movies (free) on demand :-) Very good value for money (cheapest matrimonial we had in Bolivia).

Great breakfast, good location, very good trip to mine, Did not like the staff, very unfriendly and impolite, the wifi only works in the lobby.

Staff was good rooms were warm at night you can book everything through the hostel which is convenient the beds and pillows were some of the worst there wasn't any place to hang out with other travelers bathrooms could have been cleaner

Beautiful room with lots of warm blankets,brilliant heating and lovely hot showers. Only bad thing about the room was it is so noisy. Traffic outside window is so loud,even though it's a tiny side street. Constant beeping of horn all night every night. We stayed 4days and each night the same! Breakfast is v poor and they are v strict on times. Even with half hour left before it finishes, they will not replenish the food. Staff not overly helpful or friendly. Shame as it's a beautiful hostel.

La Casona hostel in Potosi was a good budget option. The hostel is in a really cool building centered around a big courtyard. The staff are pretty strict - you need to get a token for breakfast and also put a deposit down to use the kitchen. Our room was very warm which was nice. The showers were luke warm. The hostel organise the mining tours and also can book bus journeys for you. They also have a cinema room and for a few BOBs they will show the Devil's Miner documentary or other films,

Warma rooms and hot showers. However, beds are reallly hard. Staff are unenthusiastic and will charge extra for book swap (ridiculous) kitchen is completley padlocked and you have to pay a deposit to use anything. At the time there were no spoons and the kitchen is pretty dirty. When we were watching a movie we werent allowed to keep the remote... Tour to the mines was cheap and good though.

well located.... nice old building with good breakfast and wifi...... do the mine tour through the hostel, cheap and good funny guides

Great mines tours!!

• 9th Jul 2014
  • Bulgaria

Friendly staff. Rock hard beds. Wifi, but I couldn´t connect to it even after trying several times at different times of the day. Also wifi is only at reception, not in rooms. Good breakfast. Pretty good location located about 2 blocks from the plaza, 20 minute walk to the old bus station, a 15 bus ride to the new bus station.

I only stayed here for one night between uyuni and Sucre and was pleased when I walked in and felt warm. - The rooms have heating and staff were helpfull when booking buses and taxis.

not happened to me but, my friends did their laundry and they got theirs and other backpackers mixed up! my friend even lost some of her clothes. do ur laundry there at your own risk

The stay in the hostel was good enough, the rooms were very warm at night which was perfect due to the cold weather. I done washing and they lost a lot of my belongings claiming that it was my own fault and that they do not mix the washing even though I found male boxers in my wash!!! Staff was dramatically unhelpful and down right rude.

My main concern about this place was security as you could easily walk into the hostel without passing reception. There are lockers but the dorm rooms aren`t locked. Everything else was great though. The location is great for the town centre and the breakfast was plentiful. The dorms were comfortable and surprisingly warm at night. The wifi is of a good standard and showers were hot most of the time. I also booked my mine tour here and enjoyed it. The hostel is housed in a characterful building.

In a great location 2 streets from the main square. Warm beds, hot showers, wifi in and around the reception area. Pleasantly surprised by the building as it has kept many of its original features. Simple breakfast of fruit, cereal, toast, yogurt, tea and coffee. The bathrooms could do with a bit of maintanance but otherwise excellent value for money.

A little far from the bus station but easy access by combi or taxi. Nice area for hanging out and a mine tour through the hostel. Seems to offer lots of things but never saw anyone participating and it was never explained...

All the staff that I had contact with were super friendly, they always pointed me to the right direction and wanted to make my stay the best. The house was gorgeous and the breakfast was generous buffet style.

the hostel is ok, it does not have lockers for your valuables, it just has big lockers for backpacks etc. but you need a big lock to close them. cleanliness of showres and toilets was ok, rooms were clean. staff was not extremely motivated.

Right there at the city downtown in a nice building. Thanks fellows for your time when was sick.

• 27th Apr 2014