Casona Potosi Hostal Reviews

Chuquisaca # 460 entre Padilla y Tarija, Potosi, Bolivia

worst hostel ever. i wasnt expecting to much since I already readed previous reviews. Location and price are good. staffs werent friendly. they didnt introduce the hostel, they only gave me wifi pass and try to sell tours. everyone can enter in this hostel, it is not safe. the doors cannot be locked lockers are fragile and homemade and stay out of your room. very few and dust bathrooms. one plug for six peoples at the room. my bed didnt lock clean at all.

We knew this hostel would be terrible but somehow it was still shocking. The staff couldn´t have been less interested. Even maps cost money at this hostel. The rooms were humid and cold at the same time, really smelly and disgusting, small, crammed and dark. My camera and a sweater went missing at this hostel and when I told the staff they didnt care or try to help me at all. Dont stay here if you can avoid it. GROSS HOSTEL!

Very basic hostel located very conveniently in the heart of Potosi. Only there one night, in order to visit the mines, which the owner organised. The owner was very helpful, Spanish is only spoken. Beautiful, old building. Facilities were also very basic, but exactly what you need and the place was overall very clean.

Staff were rude, there was no atmosphere, really overpriced and the private room was like a damp shed with wires everywhere.

what the lonely planet says ("this hostel is kind of falling apart") is true, but the single rooms are nice and comfortable, even though I doubt that my bed linen was changed before my arrival ... bathrooms are not very clean; friendly staff who sells bus ticket at a good price, but in the mining tour offered by the hostel a demonstration explosion is included which should not be the case since this is prohibited by the government for several years now ...

why lock the kitchen? ?? and no staff with key to open it. Also they lock the main doors at 12. A hassle to get in and out in the dark/cold

Decent place to stay without being anything special. The mine trip organised by the hotel was good and would recommend this.

You get what you pay for - decent hostel, basic but clean, good wifi, big room, breakfast, staff booked mine tour and bus for us, great location

Wonderful old building, perfect location. Offers a very interesting but strenious tour of the mine.

No wifi in the rooms, just at the reception. The room was dirty and filled with dust. The bathroom turned into a pool after I showered. The receptionist wasnt nice at all.. Wouldn't recommend, it's not worth what I paid.

• 9th Jul 2015

If you go to Potosi, we strongly advise NOT to book any room given a strike can start from a day to another and oblige you to leave the city straight away to avoid being blocked for several days there... Special thank you to this hostel who never ever answered our emails to cancel our two nights and still decided to charge the full price without taking few minutes to try to explain their position... this is not what we consider a fair way nor a smart way to do business.

We had a private double room with shared bathroom. Hot Showers :D. We left before the breakfast so we could not try it. The staff was nice and answered all our questions.

Shockingly bad man on reception when we arrived - luckily one of us spoke spanish as he refused to speak english. Useless. Good, fast and cheap laundry service and great warm showers made up for the mediocre staff. Breakfast is average - cereals, toast and coffee. Mine tour is good from the hostel and you can watch The Devil´s Miner for only 5B - a great documentary.

Everything was good value for money, room has enough blankets, kitchen can be used, showers are hot... The only average point was sometimes staff (the ladies were not very friendly...) and an issue with booking the bus the last day to go to tupiza: we paid for a company but in the morning at the bus station that company told us they did not have a morning bus and we had to negotiate that they exchange the ticket with another company which was cheaper...of course no reimbursement...