Center Stay Hostel Reviews

Ausros Vartu g 16, Vilnius, Lithuania

A good hostel, and for the money the location is great--you are off the main part of the city, but everything is within walking distance, and even the train and bus station is just a short walk away. The staff is friendly and speaks good English and Russian. The only complaint I have is that it was incredibly noisy on my last night. It seemed that the entire hostel was having a celebration for the World Cup and Independence Day wrapped into one.

I would recomend for the staff to speak english and be more welcoming.

Great place to stay in Vinius

Although we had booked on hostelworld.com, nobody knew that we were coming and we were lucky to get a free place.

• 9th Oct 2014

A place with friendly and helpful staff, but the facilities and conditions were much poorer than I've expected. The place was full of partying Belarusian girls with their booze and weirdly-smelling perfume, so until they've went off for clubbing (roundabout midnight) no sleep was possible. Yes, I may be boring, but I require a decent sleep before a flight. Showers were not clean enough, sheets for bed — not clean enough. But, well, I've enjoyed the location and the staff's friendliness.

• 4th Oct 2014
  • Belarus

This is basically just a place to sleep with an amazing location and nothing else. Wifi doesn't work in all rooms, the staff doesn't necesarilly speak English - but they do have Polish and probably Russian down.

it is really good place if you need to sleep over (clean, friendly people, good prices) location is pretty close to train and bus station. it is not that youth hostel though where all fun and adventure happens.

Terrible place to stay. Nobody speaks English. Dirty beds. Smelled like something died. No sense of community. Many people stay there on a monthly basis looking for work. I hated it so much I left early.

The worst place ever! Bed bugs, smell coming from a locker that had a broken lock and no one could get into. The 12 bed dorm is something out of a horror film! You get what you pay for I guess, save a little money and just find a place that doesn't make you sick of traveling or put a damper on your trip. Still had 2 nights booked and left early it was that bad.

I will ignore the fact that some of the people I shared my room with at this place were quite possibly the worst I have ever met while hostelling. They were loud, smelly and inconsiderate. One man in particular, who seemed to be a long term resident, treated it like his own room.. This is not the fault of the hostel however I still found this place to be very basic. There were only 3 plugs in a full room for 12, which is awful, the bathrooms, kitchen and showers were all clean though.

Nice and clean place VEEERYYY close to old town. There is free parking as well ;-) The only problem - not everybody from staff speaks English...

Well located. Friendly staff.

Not a single english word at night. Tiny and smelly room.

• 28th Dec 2013
  • All Male Group, 25-30

You get what you pay, don't expect anything fancy.

• 17th Dec 2013
  • Finland
  • All Male Group, 25-30

there is little things in the kitchen ~and the staff at firt day can not speak English!! That's too bad~the room is not very clean and feel humid everywhere~not good

I found a dead cockroach in my bed... Room wasn't clean. There were no keys for safe cameras, so I couldn't leave anything important in the room. It was room #5 for 12 people.

• 5th Oct 2013
  • Belarus

The hostel was good, very close to supermarket which is always a bonus!! Staff had no idea what was going on, we're unable to tell me if I could stay another night due to their organisation of the bookings, but after persistence said yes. Room was clean and overall good value for money.

Everything is good. If there is anything to be improved, that will be the clearness of the kitchen. There is a little bit of strange smell...

Good location just close to old town but it is a little difficult to find when you come from bus station

-: Dirty place, especially kitchen. Only fridge and microwave, enough for 1 or 2 nights, but not more you can't really cook. Big problem with security, no keys for rooms !!! so not safe for your stuff and yourself, especially when you are a woman and you have strange guys near to your room. I was not really reassured. They don't even check who is who. Showers not same floor as rooms for women. +: good location, rooms and showers ok.