Central Park Studios at Lexington Ave. Co. Reviews

150 East 105th Street, New York, USA

It's a pretty good location, close to the subway and Central Park so it's easy to get around. Very basic value for your money, we didn't ever see the owners so it felt like our own place which was kinda cool. But yeah very basic value for your money.

This is not a hostel but a really poor apartment (no common area, kitchen etc) in what seems an unsafe area of East Harlem. The room, kitchenette area in the room and the bathroom were very very dirty. The bed mattress was terribly old and uncomfortable and the conditioning unit made the room very humid. We spend 7 nights there and were so tired after the stay there. I will never return there. Do not book this place unless you really really have no other choice.

Fantastiskt bra läge nära Central Park och Museum Mile och ett otroligt pris för singelrum i New York. Spartanskt förstås. Bättre kommunikationer än vad som anges. Absolut inget ställe om man har svårt för höga trappsteg. Kylskåp på rummet, mikro i pentryt gjorde även mathållningen billig. Bra matbutik nära: Emporium med allt.

• 18th Aug 2014
  • Sweden

Cheapest hostel I could find on Manhattan which had good availability. The owners are a bit mad and disorganized, but they're also very nice and get around to everything eventually. The location is fine and has a very handy subway on 103rd street which is 2 blocks away. The room was clean and had A/C. Small kitchen with cooker and sink. Shared bathroom which was always spotless. We were also allowed to check out late which was no hassle. I'd happily stay again.

• 16th Aug 2014

The owner was vey kind and too a very good care of all my requests. I definitely recommend the Hostel for anyone who wants to pay a fair price for a hotel in NYC. Thank you, Sabrina and to all the Staff.

• 1st Jul 2014

I liked the location- close to station. The private room was very basic, it was OK- not super clean, but acceptable. The shower area, toilet and "kitchen" have no ventilation or windows, so it was extremely hot there. I would have liked if there was a kettle anywhere in the hotel, so I could make my own coffee instead of going to buy it every morning. The only thing they had was a microwave, which I couldn't use as there were no plates, cutlery. Staff was not friendly, not welcoming either

• 29th Jun 2014
  • Latvia

Room, common areas and shower were perpetually dirty.

• 8th Jun 2014

Good place to stay if you are going to New York to enjoy the city and spend little time there. The location is perfect! Near the subway (green line) on 103rd street. The fridge in the bedroom is a great idea! The owner was waiting for me and gave tips as soon as I arrived there. Besides that, the price was really good.

• 4th Jun 2014

Great location - away from the hustle and bustle of central New York, but just three blocks from Central Park. Some great cafes and restaurants in the neighbourhood. The room wasn't very clean, but had a good range of facilities (microwave, fridge, cutlery etc). You get what you pay for, basically, great for doing New York 'on the cheap'.

I thought the photo that was shown on the website would be the type of fitted bedroom would have. But ok no problem.

• 9th May 2014
  • Portugal

The lock on my door wasn't very good. The water in the shower wasn't very warm but you can't expect too much for the price.

Please avoid the suite. Is in a basement. Really not good. The location is descent, 2 block from the subway. Not very safe at night. There's no way I'll stay there again.

The area is ugly, we passed many rats, appears to be dangerous, and is far away, the night costs a lot to get to the subway. (look google maps street view). The staff opened the room door twice without even knocking. Hostelworld was saying that we had to pay to get 693, but we paid 850 a very high% of tax. We asked the staff if we could pay half to check the difference, but the 2nd day (Sunday 12am) came to yelling and hitting the windows nonstop. We scared a lot until we understood the claim

Very basic, rooms not cleaned and ants were present on the third floor bathroom, show worked sometimes, only saw staff twice and had to call and wait for arrival even though I had booked arrival time, no staff about when leaving. Parts of the building were falling apart, could not open a window.

• 14th Apr 2014

I felt very welcome at the place and they were always very helpful with me

• 1st Apr 2014