Central Park Studios at Lexington Ave. Co. Reviews

150 East 105th Street, New York, USA

Linnen and towels are clean. The rest is very dirty. Staff is seldom around. Heater is noisy. Saw only one other guest. And a cockroach. It is like having your own appartment in East Harlem

The only two negative things I would say about the hostel are that the tv in my room didn't have a signal. I tried re-tuning a few times, but no signal was found. Also, my single room needs new window blinds. The apartment from across the street could see into my room.

The room was dirty, the matres were awful, I was not able to sleep because of the bad quality of the bed. The staff was very attentive, they changed my room but the second bed was less uncomfortable than the first, nevertheless I ended sleeping on the floor. Linda was always grate, but she couldn't do anything about the old and squicki bed.

Location near both a supermarked and Subway.

• 26th Sep 2014
  • Switzerland
  • All Female Group, 41+

I didn't expect much but a certain cleanliness for sure. The restroom and bathroom were clean but my room was dirty and I had roaches. Even though someone came to spray the room they were still there. It's close to central park and the subway stations. Wouldn't go back though.

• 16th Sep 2014
  • Croatia

Great staff: Santos, the owner, is a very nice guy and so is Linda, the maid. Sabrina, Santos's daughter, was very helpful when we needed her to get us a shuttle to the airport. The cons: the box curtain in the suite bathroon needs to be changed. It is filthy and full of funghi. We have found some hair on the bed in our first day that was not ours. And we have seen tiny roaches walking around our room too. Good location, only 2 blocks from the subway. Things to eat nearby.

It's a pretty good location, close to the subway and Central Park so it's easy to get around. Very basic value for your money, we didn't ever see the owners so it felt like our own place which was kinda cool. But yeah very basic value for your money.

This is not a hostel but a really poor apartment (no common area, kitchen etc) in what seems an unsafe area of East Harlem. The room, kitchenette area in the room and the bathroom were very very dirty. The bed mattress was terribly old and uncomfortable and the conditioning unit made the room very humid. We spend 7 nights there and were so tired after the stay there. I will never return there. Do not book this place unless you really really have no other choice.

Fantastiskt bra läge nära Central Park och Museum Mile och ett otroligt pris för singelrum i New York. Spartanskt förstås. Bättre kommunikationer än vad som anges. Absolut inget ställe om man har svårt för höga trappsteg. Kylskåp på rummet, mikro i pentryt gjorde även mathållningen billig. Bra matbutik nära: Emporium med allt.

• 18th Aug 2014
  • Sweden

Cheapest hostel I could find on Manhattan which had good availability. The owners are a bit mad and disorganized, but they're also very nice and get around to everything eventually. The location is fine and has a very handy subway on 103rd street which is 2 blocks away. The room was clean and had A/C. Small kitchen with cooker and sink. Shared bathroom which was always spotless. We were also allowed to check out late which was no hassle. I'd happily stay again.

• 16th Aug 2014

The owner was vey kind and too a very good care of all my requests. I definitely recommend the Hostel for anyone who wants to pay a fair price for a hotel in NYC. Thank you, Sabrina and to all the Staff.

• 1st Jul 2014

I liked the location- close to station. The private room was very basic, it was OK- not super clean, but acceptable. The shower area, toilet and "kitchen" have no ventilation or windows, so it was extremely hot there. I would have liked if there was a kettle anywhere in the hotel, so I could make my own coffee instead of going to buy it every morning. The only thing they had was a microwave, which I couldn't use as there were no plates, cutlery. Staff was not friendly, not welcoming either

• 29th Jun 2014
  • Latvia

Room, common areas and shower were perpetually dirty.

• 8th Jun 2014

Good place to stay if you are going to New York to enjoy the city and spend little time there. The location is perfect! Near the subway (green line) on 103rd street. The fridge in the bedroom is a great idea! The owner was waiting for me and gave tips as soon as I arrived there. Besides that, the price was really good.

• 4th Jun 2014