Central Park Studios at Lexington Ave. Co. Reviews

150 East 105th Street, New York, USA

I stayed one night only because i have to stay this night at any place to book another place ..the room omages on site have no relation with the reality.in fact the room too small and no one can stay on it even one person and the shared bathroom soooooooo small and not clean of course..it was the worst night i have ever see in my life and i had to book another place.

• 15th Aug 2015
  • Egypt

I really liked this hostel and the person managing it was very caring and a great go to person for advice. Would definitely go back again!

• 31st Jul 2015

What I like about this stay was that for about US$63, you get to have a room with fridge and there is window. But what I didn't like about my stay is that the apartment is way too far to get to the town or any tourist sights especially the subway on 103th street only work if you are coming back from the town. Things to improve - there is only weekly clean, so often I walked into the toilets not a pleasant sign and there is only a share kitchen on the 2nd floor of the 3 floor apartments.

• 24th Jul 2015
  • Singapore

Great short term stay and good value for the money but actually not a hostel, rather a guesthouse. No facilities or amenities for socializing with fellow travelers.

• 17th Jun 2015
  • Austria

The worst place ever omg

• 14th Jun 2015

The hostel has a great location in terms of sightseeing and its only minutes away from a subway station, and a cople of blocks away form central park. Althogh the the neiborhood is not very pretty I never felt insecure. The staff is great, very kind people that tryto make your stay as comfortable as posible. The rooms and bathroom are ok, but the "kitchen" area is not as clean as you would expect. Its a great value in terms od money, I would definitely stay at Central Park Studios again.

• 9th Jun 2015
  • Colombia

Linda, santo and Sabrina the best people in NY. Central Park Studios at Lexington Ave. If you want to live the real NY and save money, thats the place. See you my dear friends...... Mauricio and catalina

The best place you feel like you are in your own home

• 28th May 2015

We stayed for one week. The hostel it is in a great location, near subway and stop bus. There's plenty of eating places and small markets in the area. Santos the manager is a nice guy. The building is an old building, the mattress uncomfortable. I guess if you are a smoker, is not a big deal the cigarette smell inside the building, specially on evenings.

• 12th May 2015

Cleanliness is okay in the common areas but your room won't be touched unless you ask for it. Not sure it was touched before I arrived. Roach traps are everywhere. Security is an issue, as there is no deadbolt on your door. The lock on the shower door on my floor didn't work. My window on the first floor did not lock. Sound issues: someone walking in their room sounded like they were in my room. Unpleasant experience, but the price seemed right.

Two things good: privacity and localization.

I chose this place just because it was cheap. I've learnt my lesson. the facts: The pillow was hard and plastic, the matress was hard and you can feel the springs pressing against your back and shoulders. I was so sore. you can hear any noise from the neighboring rooms very easily and loudly. I hardly slept. The rooms and building is extremely old and you can tell, I was scared the stairs were going to collapse underneath me. But it's cheap, and if that's what you want the go for it.

• 2nd Apr 2015

This is a very good deal for money, yes It is not the Ritz, but it if you are traveling on a budget and need a decent affordable place to stay in NYC you should give them try. Hostel is in East Harlem It's relatively safe at night and during the day. It is in a diverse neighborhood . I was there for 7 days and crew cleaned the hallways & bathroom regularly. Bed sheet & pillow had some stains on them so I use my own. Few people around the place although they were full. yes, I recommend

• 23rd Mar 2015

Perfect location, near from the subway and the private room is awesome, with tv and a fridge! The owner is a very nice man and very helpful. I wil definitely stay there again the next time I go to NY.

This is in a good location and easy to find. Staff were helpful upon my arrival and gave me extra towels when I requested new ones. The area was safe and lots of places to eat and supermarket nearby. A key was given to lock up the room. The room was a good size and included a fridge and old night stand. The restroom was cleaned daily and the shower a bit small but not bad. On the second floor there was a microwave but no kitchen. This place was the cheapest and best deal near time squar

Easy access to the subway , central park, Grand Central Station ... very good!

• 12th Mar 2015

My stay at Central Park Studios at Lexington Ave Co. was probably one of the best hotel/hostel experiences I've ever had. The room was clean and spacious, management was amazing, there really isn't much to complain about.

• 7th Mar 2015