Chambers of the Boheme Reviews

İstiklal Avenue, Kucukparmakkapi sokak No 13, Beyoglu, Istanbul, Turkey

I highly recommend staying at Chambers of the Boheme. Especially the location is fantastic - just in the middle of Beyoglu. And the staff is so kind and helpful.

• 14th Aug 2013
  • Denmark

Great location. Great value. A lot of young people. Social atmosphere. Taksim is noisy area at night but very safe. Very fun. The toilet seat on the floor we were staying at was broken. Other than that no real complaints.

Great location. Very nice staff and atmosphere. Would definitely go back.

This is one of my all-time favorite hostels. The owner, Ahmed, is a really great guy who is always willing to help out in any way he can. The staff is usually friendly, the building is old but has a really comfortable, homey feel, and is always clean. I've stayed here several times and there have always been interesting and cool people there. It's located right on Istiklal, a couple blocks down from Taksim, so the location is 100% ideal.

Location is superb right near Taksim square. The owner is very nice and speaks English. He recommended a restaurant that locals rather than tourists frequent; the food was great and was very inexpensive. We ate there multiple times. He also told us where to get the cheapest Bosphorus cruise tickets. We were four and it was great to have our own room. I always felt safe and everything was always clean. Would definitely go back and recommend it highly. There is wi-fi but only in the lobby.

Great location - walking distance from many "touristic places" and main ways of public transportation - friendly staff and really good atmosphere.

You get what you pay for. Need for a communal space to create a mingling space for travelers, staff very helpful with directions and advice, met some lovely people, cleanliness could be improved. Amazing location.

• 2nd Aug 2013
  • New Zealand

Chambers of the Boheme was a really pleasant surprise! It was clean, the staff was friendly, and the three of us got a great night's sleep, as well as somewhere to hang out. The weekend of our stay saw bad protests and heavy police activity in Taksim in general, as well as on our street. CoB was a perfect refuge, and the staff took great care of us and showed concern for our welfare that was above and beyond. A great hostel all around!

• 2nd Aug 2013

Hostel Owner really funny and helpful. the hostel was not very crowded during the week, but was busy near the weekend. There could be more space / events to meet people, but in general it was a good experience .

Everything was perfect,my trip to İstanbul was very safe,nothing related for the last days events,Perfect time for visiting Istanbul

• 16th Jul 2013

Everything you could want in a hostel. Close to all transportation, although to be honest I walked everywhere I went. The windy lanes by the hostel are beautiful to most down and find a nice cafe or museum and the main tourist stuff is walkable too. It was easy to find, safe to return to at night, and everyone there staff and guests included were good people.

The rooms are spacious with high ceilings and large,secure lockers. The staff are very helpful and are often seen sharing jokes with the guests. Best of all is the location; it's located right in the heart of Istanbul, and it's only a short walk from Taksim square where the buses arrive. It's a vibrant area; full of shops, quirky little cafes, bars and restaurants. You can walk to most tourist sites or take the buses/metro at taksim. Great value.

Reception was great help. Wifi is pretty hit and miss. Lacks a decent common room. Overall good location in a good area...when the protests are not happening...

Perfect location, very easy to go everywhere, Clean rooms good staff it was nice experience. Thanks to everyone !

• 8th Jul 2013

Bathroom and toilet were a disaster. The door handle is broken in the1st Floor. The bathroom on the 2nd floor the tiles were covered with fungus and needs restoration. The toilet bucket was covered with toilet paper till the floor on 1F. Although I notified this toilet issue to the reception, he only responded: " The cleaning lady will come in the morning" and after second thought he added "I will take care of it." However when I left the hostel at 4AM, it didnt get taken care of.

Great location right near Taksim square and near all the nightlife. I highly recommend this place :)

Saleh who is part of the staff was amazing. I wanted to dance salsa and he quickly connected me with people to help me!

This hostel is resting on its laurels from winning best hostel in Istanbul a few years back. It has good bones and nice furnishings (pretty rooms, big lockers), but it lacks a good vibe and the staff seems disengaged. The wifi only works well in the small front lobby, so people are crammed in, whereas they could use the nice cafe area if the wifi worked better there. The shower was a bit moldy. The hostel is in a great area under normal circumstances (ie. when there aren't major protests).

I really liked Chambers of Boheme, but due to unrest in Taskim area, we were not able to enjoy the stay. I want to come back again with my family and stay there. Getting the breakfast there would have been a wonderful thing as there was problem in finding one nearby due to security reasons. The owner of the hostel was very good and coperative. On the way to hostel I lost my I pad which had photos of Hostel ,on 15th June 13 I wish at least for photography I come back to Istanbul and stay here.

• 12th Jun 2013
  • India

This is THE hostel to stay in. Its in a lively location with lots of food and shopping and nightlife. Everything you need right? The owner is soo nice he took me and a few friends out to dinner a hookah for free. There is free wifi and the rooms and bathrooms are spotless. It can be a bit noisy at night thought because of the bars and clubs but who cares, just say up and go out! It was such a fun place to say.