Chambers of the Boheme Reviews

İstiklal Avenue, Kucukparmakkapi sokak No 13, Beyoglu, Istanbul, Turkey

Third time staying in this hostel... i needent say more .... but everything is perfect.... people travellers facilities... all delightful...and of course the location is numero uno.... i actually could not really hang anywhere else but istiklal street for 6 days.. :-) This place has my 100 percent vote :-) especially a travelling experience.. :-)

Really amazing atmosphere vibe.. everything... the people passing by this hostel are the most varied that i have met... When i was in turkey for 30 days i come back to istanbul and stayed here thrice... :-)

Facilities are a litte bit old but he will renovate in a few months. Really nice persons who help you and give a lot of information about Istanbul if someone ask

• 11th Oct 2013

Great place to stay. Perfect location near Taksim and a main street, helpfull staff and excellent quality in regards the money you pay. It is a calm and chill hostel where, although you sleep with another 11 people, you can rest all night long,

What lovely place to stay... it was brilliant ... the facilities were well above standard . But it was the management and the staff that was amazing to me.... From guiding you for tourist spots . Helping you book stuff. to showing u great places to eat.. All great ... in fact i extended my stay there... just cos i was so comfortable. The atmosphere was social and the quality of travellers passing by was also exceptional. Some of them became froends for travels ahead.. that is exactly what u want

No atmosphere at all, one of the staff mike was cool , Poor cleanliness!

Hello Bahre However we do not understand the rating you gave us due to the fact that you arrived at midnight and left first thing in the morning. How can you judge a place on its atmosphere when you arrive so late and leave so early. Then for cleaniless you stay in a 12 bed dorm with 11 other backpackers.

nice place!! nice people!!

• 14th Sep 2013
  • Spain

generally speaking, it's good. The location is excellent, close to Taksim Square and the main walking street. The staff is very kind and helpful.

I actually enjoyed staying here! The staff were super friendly and open for discussions or questions. I would definitely stay in the same hostel when I return. The owner was slightly intimidating at first but after chatting, we found him jolly and absolutely delightful. However, being a hygiene freak, the shared restroom made me slightly uncomfortable. All in all, it was an amazing addition to our wonderful trip in Istanbul.

Friendly staff, safe, clean, central location.

• 31st Aug 2013
  • Turkey

location is the best,rooms are clean staff are kind and price is very good for this hostel.

• 29th Aug 2013
  • Austria

It is very good hostel in beyoglu. good location, helpfull staff, nice atmosphere. I will come back !

• 28th Aug 2013

Easy to get to from the Havatas bus at Taksim Square. Located off the main street so night noise is not an issue. Air con in rooms (four-dorm) a big plus. Room I stayed in was big and airy with a locker for each person. I could get the free wifi in the room, others couldn't, but it was in the reception area. Staff very helpful. Bathroom/shower small but manageable.

Chambers of the Boheme is a really nice hostel near Taksim. Don't get scared by the owner Ahmed, he is just making fun from the moment you are at his doorstep. He was very helpful ie. he lended us a tent and helped us change our flighttickets.

• 15th Aug 2013
  • Denmark

I highly recommend staying at Chambers of the Boheme. Especially the location is fantastic - just in the middle of Beyoglu. And the staff is so kind and helpful.

• 14th Aug 2013
  • Denmark

Great location. Great value. A lot of young people. Social atmosphere. Taksim is noisy area at night but very safe. Very fun. The toilet seat on the floor we were staying at was broken. Other than that no real complaints.

Great location. Very nice staff and atmosphere. Would definitely go back.

This is one of my all-time favorite hostels. The owner, Ahmed, is a really great guy who is always willing to help out in any way he can. The staff is usually friendly, the building is old but has a really comfortable, homey feel, and is always clean. I've stayed here several times and there have always been interesting and cool people there. It's located right on Istiklal, a couple blocks down from Taksim, so the location is 100% ideal.

Location is superb right near Taksim square. The owner is very nice and speaks English. He recommended a restaurant that locals rather than tourists frequent; the food was great and was very inexpensive. We ate there multiple times. He also told us where to get the cheapest Bosphorus cruise tickets. We were four and it was great to have our own room. I always felt safe and everything was always clean. Would definitely go back and recommend it highly. There is wi-fi but only in the lobby.

Great location - walking distance from many "touristic places" and main ways of public transportation - friendly staff and really good atmosphere.