Che Lagarto Hostel Copacabana Reviews

Rua Barata Ribeiro 111 - Copacabana, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

I had the most amazing time at Che Lagarto during Rio carnivale. The staff are very friendly and the atmosphere was great!

Good hostel at Copacabana. Great location, clean rooms/toilets and friendly staff. Security was good and lockers in the room. Unfortunately I could only stay one night so book in advance.

I stayed here for Carnaval and i had one of the best experiences, it is very close to Copacabana beach great neighbourhood good transport links great people TOP STAFF!! Thanks will definitely visit again next year great job guys ***** experience.

• 11th Feb 2015

We booked in a 6 bed dorm for 8 days during Carnival for €900. Lost extra €80 on scam exchange rate the hostel operate but were put in a 4 bed which made up for it. A lot of our opinions are due to sheer volumes of people. Internet never worked, b/rooms could be cleaner. Breakfast was very good but remove the stupid tables&chairs which clutter lobby. Great atmosphere but staff could be more organised with taking groups of people to Blocos. Difficult task but lacked organisation. Perfect location

CheLagarto was amazing during Carnival! I highly recommend staying here. You may pay a little more money than other hostels but it is worth it if you have the money. During Carnival all prices go up anyway. The staff was amazing, they are so helpful and fun. The atmosphere here was so lively. You won't go wrong choosing this hostel. 😊

It was a good location but the air con isn't great in the rooms and non-existent everywhere else (the bathroom is boiling) and not all that clean. The staff are helpful and friendly.

The staff were amazing, the beer was always cold and the location and advice about local restaurants and shops were excellent. Only issue was the air con wasnt very cold in my room and there was only one power point to charge phones right next to the door. Otherwise, i really enjoyed my stay!

Definitely a very pleasant hostel to stay in. The staff was great and helpful and the atmosphere was fantastic. I would definitely return to this hostel or to Che Lagarto at a different locale. Thanks to everybody there!

• 7th Feb 2015

So close to Copacabana beach and also ipanema. Cool atmosphere and great to have a few drinks before going out at night. City tour booked at the hostel was good, worth doing! Would stay here again! The dorms and showers were clean. Staff helpful and friendly!

My first hostel I stayed at in Rio. I'm comparing this hostel to another hostel in I stayed at in Rio. It didn't have the backpacker vibe I was looking for. The reception was so busy all the time. They didn't have a good common area to relax in. The rooms were ok, but not worth the money i spent.

1 2 Next » last »