Che Lagarto Hostel Copacabana Reviews

Rua Barata Ribeiro 111 - Copacabana, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Great free breakfast - they serve even fruits, brownies, cheese and ham Nice location and quite a party place :)

Was here for 5 days had a great time. Staff was very friendly great location I will stay here again.

• 15th Oct 2015

From the moment we arrived at Copacobana we felt welcomed by the outgoing staff. (They speak excellent English!) Nothing was too much trouble! We had a situation where a group of 20 on a stag got rather rowdy, and we were immediately moved to a quieter room. Henrique in particular stood out amongst the staff by going the extra mile making sure we were having a good time! Definitely would recommend this hostel to young travellers who want to be in the heart of Copacobana!

Really nice staff, very helpful, good lockers and big and clean bedrooms.

I had a really enjoyable staff at Che Lagarto Hostel Copacabana in Rio de Janeiro. From the moment I arrived until the day I left the staff were always so helpful and accommodating to make my stay as easy and enjoyably as possible - from booking a taxi to advice on places to visit. The hostel has a great range of tours and night events that I recommend, and it's a perfect environment to make new friends.

Good hostel only 3 blocks away from Copacabana beach. Breakfast is included, but with better breakfast at the weekends as you pay more for the nights. The hostel is at a big street with many buses and taxis running through constantly. The hostel has a roof top bar, wich was also quite nice :)

DEfinitely location is excellent. it was a nice stay, i woud like to repeat of course here.

• 29th Sep 2015
  • Argentina

I recommend. Good attendence e staff so much attentive. I´ll be back soon.

In a great location, Che Lagarto Copcabana offers everything you need: It's close to the beach, really close to a metro station and a bus stop and it's easy to find restaurants, drugstores and markets around it. The hostel is huge with a great staff, always willing to help.The breakfast is included and it's a very decent one, way above average that most hostels offer. I strongly recommend this hostel. One of the best options in Rio de Janeiro.

• 23rd Sep 2015

Perfect location and really helpfull staff! Seriously I was so thankful for your help when my baggage disappeared!! Only annoying thing was the wifi which wasnt working properly but they are working on it! On my next stay in Rio I will def come back!!! Thanks for everything! Beijos

Full of travellers but can be difficult to mingle as there is no common area. People tend to all sit in the reception to get wifi but there's nowhere to really chill out together. Roof top party was disappointing - for a small buy-in there was unlimited caipirinhas which we thought would end in a wild night but was extremely tame with most going to bed after. However, the location is great - surrounded by places to eat & the beach just round the corner. The hostel organises some good tours.

Great location and clean hostel. I prefer the ipanema che lagarto a lot more, so I'd recommend staying there instead. Wifi is terrible and only works in the reception area which is really annoying.

I really didnt enjoy my stay here - I paid for 6 nights and only stayed for 4. The rooms are dark and small and it absolutely stunk, during my stay there was no water one morning too. No so clean I guess due to the mass amounts of guest. The staff were not so friendly too, almost a little rude. However very close to the beach and lots of recommended activities.

Che Lagarto was a nice hostel, centrally located in Copacabana, 3 blocks from the beach and nearly next to the bus stops. Also, the metro is near. The 10 bed rooms were clean, but not very spaceful. Lockers were huge though. It was a real party hostel, so keep that in mind. Wifi only worked near the reception, and even then it was not always good. Even though, it was a good stay! P.S. While I prefer doing stuff on my own instead of organised tours, the Favela Tour is really recommendable!

Lovely hostel close to the beach. Beds were comfortable and the rooms were clean with big lockers for all your bags. I found our room a little noisy as Windows were open and there was a lot of road noise - it didn't bother my friend. Showers were lovely and warm with the exception of one day. Also there was plenty of additional showers outside the rooms which was really great. Staff were friendly and helpful they organised our trips and we're very knowledgeable. Breckfast was lovely.

nice hostel would stay agin

We were in a 12 bed room, was fine and tidy, room could be bigger for 12 persons.. lobby area is okay, location next to Copacabana. people are pretty friendly and social as in all CL Hostels..

Extremely loud rooms, especially the ones in the cellar, no windows, beds in the upper level are too close to the ceiling, staff is nice, no communal atmosphere.

Great place to stay. Good all rounder! Staff very helpful, especially Carolina!

• 16th Aug 2015