Chelsea International Hostel Reviews

251 West 20th Street, New York, USA

I loved this place! I thought it was an amazing deal for the location! I have to say I was worried the room would be awful since we got a private room with private bathroom for 100$ a night but it was actually a really large, clean room with plenty of storage! I would stay here again!

• 28th Aug 2015

Great location and easy to check into. My room was clean and easy to find and I felt very safe. Toilets, sinks, and showers could be improved but given that it's NYC and there is very little space, it really wasn't too much of a problem.

• 24th Aug 2015

This is the fourth time we've stayed at the Chelsea and look forward to going back. When we're in NYC, this is our home away from home!

• 21st Aug 2015

One staff member exceptionally friendly and helpful upon check in, but another very rude when the internet went down. Overall good facilities and nice courtyard/common area, but unhelpful these (and the internet) can only be accessed until 11pm.

• 21st Aug 2015

very small room. Only bed in room, nothing else: no table, not a single chair. No wi-fi in room, only in common area.

for new a york a very good place to stay.

Hostel lacked any public sinks. Only one sink in room with no hand soap. Wifi barely worked, even in common area. Breakfast was ok until we sat down in the dining area and saw a dead cockroach under our feet. I would recommend looking for another hostel for those looking for places to stay in NYC. I've stayed at many hostels, this one was theost disappointing...

Roaches in the kitchen area. Early morning of first stay, there was a rat walking across the courtyard area.

I did not like the fact that the kitchen is all the way in the basement.

• 17th Aug 2015

I had a wonderful experience. From staff, to room, my roomy, other guests... Everyone was very friendly. Moreover, its near to Times Square, so it was the best location and ressonable too.

• India

Didn't like that they closed the common area at 11pm. Also not enough kitchen facilities - no kettle

• 17th Aug 2015

I stayed here just only for one night. The room where I stayed was pretty confy. It had air conditioner wich was really appreciated in summer days. The shared bathroom seemed to remain clean all the time. The location was pretty nice as well, close to Penn Station, you can walk or take the metro for 3 stops. I didn't have the chance to try the breakfast but I would stay here again.

Excellent location, clean, but overpriced! It was the most expensive hostel I have ever stayed in and I don't think the services warranted the price. I was expecting amazing and it was just an average hostel. Not worth what I paid.

Great value for the money. Would recommend to anyone.

• 16th Aug 2015

The staff is very friendly, and the common bathroom is constantly cleaned. Basic breakfast, but it's helpful when you're in a hurry to go out. The location really is the best: quiet street (there's a police station in the street!) and yet within walking distance of many tourist atractions and close to different subway lines. I recommend it and would definitely stay there again.

• 15th Aug 2015

Really good location- it's only a couple of blocks from the subway so you can get anywhere Free breakfast was good The showers could have been cleaner, and the stairs are hard to climb with a suitcase. Other than those couple of little things it was a great stay :)

Sehr unfreundliches Personal und Gästen wird das gegeben, sie schnell abfrühstücken zu wollen. Insgesamt nicht sehr und keine tolle Atmosphäre!

• 15th Aug 2015

Situated close to the Best parts of Manhattan. Breakfast is fine. The wifi not always that stable. The posibility of leaving luggage up to two weeks is nice.

Sort out the wifi in the bedrooms please. Staff could be friendlier.

I have stayed here many times, and always felt it was OK. The neighborhood is GREAT, and the facilities have been "clean enough." This past time is my last time. The blanket provided had blood stains on it (SO INCREDIBLY GROSS), there were hairs in the "clean sheets" provided, and our room neighbors were the loudest, most disrespectful guests (door open with loud music through the night, visitors at all hours, running up and down the stair screaming). My last visit for sure.

• 14th Aug 2015