Chelsea International Hostel Reviews

251 West 20th Street, New York, USA

Not a bad hostel; a bit shabby, but to be expected with how much I was (or wasn't) paying. Morning breakfast is a bagel and fruit, which isn't bad until you eat it for six days in a row. Rooms were small and not air-conditioned, but the neighborhood felt safe and overall, it was a good place to crash at the end of the day.

• 22nd Mar 2015

I only stayed a night so all I needed was a bed. I had a private room: it was clean, the bed was comfortable and the room even had a sink. The bathroom on that floor was clean as well. The only thing which bothered me a little: the room Temperature was very high and there was no way to turn the heat down or open a window... Regarding noises: it's New York the city that never sleep, of course you hear people talking, cars or sirens ;)

• 21st Mar 2015

Una estancia muy agradable! En pleno Manhatan y con Colchón nuevo!! Un ambiente genial! Recomiendo!

• 20th Mar 2015
  • Spain

Super Et Très bonne situation géographique. Metro commerces bars à proximité. Chambre propre, bon matela. Il faut prendre son cadena pour fermer le cassier. Les murs reste assez fin. Le petit déjeuner est bien. Bagels, beurre, confiture, céréale, café, thé, jus d'orange, lait, fruits. Salle du petit dej petite quand tout le monde se leve en même temps. Des cassier son disponible pour le dernière jour par exemple. J'ai laisser ma grosse valise et un bagage cabine c'était 5dollars pour 24h.

• 19th Mar 2015

Pretty standard hostel, nothing extraordinary. Good location.

Staff poeple are not really nice, kind of cold and indifferent. Having Wifi only accessible in the common room of another house is a pain. The shower/toilet were not super clean. Super noisy hostel => horrible night sleep. Nothing to prevent light from the street to come into you room at night. Only good thing : free pizza once in a while.

• 15th Mar 2015

O único detalhe que não me agradou foi o barulho que o aquecedor fazia.

• 15th Mar 2015

Very good location, only 4 subway stops from Times Square. Rooms and toilets were very clean. Wifi not available on rooms. Breakfast was basic but tasty. Common areas are very small.

I couldn't sleep well at this hostel because of air conditioner. It keeps my room too warm during night and I talked to front desk but they said like there is no way to control the temperature setting. So I opened the window of my room but I heard so much noise from outside such as car, pedestrians' chat. Moreover, the air conditioner also makes big noise from inside of it. It sounded like someone hits iron with hummer. So I couldn't sleep and that's why it was totally uncomfortable for me.

• 12th Mar 2015
  • Japan

Location has all you need if u only stay there to sleep: a bed, a toilet, a shower and a basic breakfast. If u don't expect anything else, then it's a good place to stay. Only 5 min walk from the subway. WiFi is very good.

• 12th Mar 2015

The Chelsea international hostel has a great location in Downtown Manhattan. A subway station is only a few minutes away but we actually walked everywhere. The staff was super nice at check in an check out and our room was fine.

• 11th Mar 2015

Buena ubicación y con seguridad porque la policía esta frente al hotel. Demasiado costoso para el servicio que presta. las instalaciones son muy viejas y el desayuno es horrible. No volvería jamás a ese hostal!

Over all a nice place, old but clean. Staff was polite. Accommodations were simple but nice. I would recommend this place if your in s budget and want to stay in Manhattan.

• 9th Mar 2015

Although the staff was accomodating, the hostel had some issues that diminished the quality of my stay: 1. Bed sheets not completely clean. 2. Very loud and noisy in the common room after quiet time (10pm) and in the dorm up to 2am. People were burping, laughing, shouting every word laudly, and banging doors. 3. Very noisy heating system. For the whole night it sounded as if someone was banging on teach pipe with a hammer. Impossible to fall asleep as it continued for the whole night.

The heating system was really noisy, every night there was these very strong sounds of metal hitting the pipes, as if someone was hitting it with a hammer, strong enough to wake us up each and every time, and it was 2 or 3 times every night. We talked about it with the staff but they didn't seem to care and said it was "normal". I had a previous experience in this hostel which was quite pleasant, but after this time I doubt I would stay there again.

• 8th Mar 2015

It is th 7. or 8. time I stayed at Chelsea Hostel. It has all I need for my tours to galleries, museums, theatres etc. It is simple and straight, and I love the nice and friendly staff from Central America who works with cleaning, coffee and all. You get wht you pay for and there is no fuzz! Of course I noticed that the prices have gone up... yours Thomas Kruse, Denmark

• 7th Mar 2015
  • Denmark

Clean, simple & well-kept.

• 7th Mar 2015

Positiv kann eigentlich nur die Lage bewertet werden. Sehr nah an vielen Sehenswürdigkeiten und direkt im coolen Viertel Chelsea. Unser Zimmer war die Katastrophe, man kam sich vor wie im Gefängnis und das alles für über 100€ die Nacht. Es war laut und die Toiletten waren alles andere als hygienisch. Da nyc Grundsätzlich teuer ist und das hostel sehr zentral gelegen war, war es schon ok. Man ist ja sowieso nur zum schlafen dort weil es so viel in New York zu sehen gibt :)

• 6th Mar 2015

cleaning staff a little noisey when they arrive in the mornings..(6-7AM)......they need to talk less at this early hour!!!.

I stayed here for 1 night, just needed somewhere to stay after a late flight into NY. It did the job - walking distance to penn station, quiet, comfortable bed, well heated, a decent free breakfast and fairly cheap. I'd stay there again for a similar purpose. Didn't seem great on the social side, it was very quiet and the common room closes at about 11pm, but not sure it's that type of hostel.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7