Chelsea International Hostel Reviews

251 West 20th Street, New York, USA

Had an enjoyable stay. Good value for money.

• 18th May 2015

Very nice hostel and the managers have gone out of their way to make people feel welcome. There is a comedy night on Tuesday nights and free pizza on Wed nights. There were no bunk beds (yay) and the rooms were very clean and comfortable. Shower room was small, but that's to be expected in NY. The location was pretty good, though would have preferred to be closer to Times Square but the staff were really nice & knowledgeable. I would stay there again.

Had ants in my room after first night but to be fair I didn't really mind so didn't mention it to staff. Shower pressure is excellent, clean towel and sheet and they even let me check in early (1pm) rather than 3pm as the room was already ready, pretty nice touch. They have a paid locker room which is between $3-5 for 24 hours (dependent on size), where you have an individual locker locked electronically by computer (so you feel totally safe leaving your stuff on check-out day).

This is a big, impersonal, basic budget hostel... but if you want to stay right in the heart of Manhattan without spending loads of money then it's perfect!

• 15th May 2015

The location of the hostel is very good and the value for money is good for NYC standards as it is a very expensive city. The atmosphere in the hostel is hard to judge for me as I only spent one night there but at breakfast people were mostly sitting in front of their laptops. Only remark: Add a toilet brush in the bathrooms ;)

• 15th May 2015

Very good location: close to 7th/8th avenue, yet in a more quiet street

Was a wonderful stay

• 14th May 2015

The beds were a bit springy. But the breacfest was graet the location Awsome.

• 13th May 2015

Basic place to rest your head. Super-helpful staff. Hot shower with plenty of pressure. Close to subway entries. Find the deli around the corner with fresh-squeezed juices. It was fantastic. Hostel is right across street from a police precinct, which was reassuring. When you arrive there's a clean bed and towel awaiting.

• 12th May 2015

SE CERRABAN MUY TEMPRANO LAS ÁREAS COMUNES, EL DESAYUNO MUY DEFICIENTE, SE CLAUSURAN PERMANENTEMENTE LOS ESPACIOS COMUNES, LOS SERVICIOS DE LOCKERS Y COMPUTADORAS, SON DEFICIENTES. EL WIFI, SOLO ES UTILIZABLE EN UNA SOLA ÁREA.ESTUVE ESTA SEMANA, Y TUVIERON EL BUEN TINO DE COLOCAR AIRES ACONDICIONADOS, POR QUE LAS HABITACIONES , CARECIAN DE AIRE, LA PRIMERA NOCHE , NO PUEDE RESPIRAR NI DORMIR , ERA SOFOCANTE LA HABITACIÓN PEQUEÑA, CUANDO HICE LA QUEJA, ME CAMBIARON DE HABITACIÓN Y COLOCARON AA

• Argentina

I stayed in a private room - it had a sink which is great! There was a bathroom to be shared with the other rooms on the floor - just a toilette (a single stall) and no sink. There is no wifi in the rooms, only in the common areas which close at 11pm. Lovely outdoor seating section. The location is incredible! I would say it was quite clean. As a single female traveling alone, I felt very safe and comfortable.

• 11th May 2015

Les chambres et les sanitaires sont propres. Le lieu est vraiment bien placé car à mi chemin entre les lieux où sortir le soir et Midtown. Je conseille !

• 11th May 2015

The hostel is situated in an old building. there are no elevators, and the rooms are small. The bathroom was also old.

O albergue é um conjunto de casas velhas, sem reforma. Piso soltando. Wifi funciona apenas no lobby. Área comum funciona apenas até as 22h. Cada casa tem sua entrada pela rua externa. Tem de pagar para armazenar a bagagem, mesmo que chegue apenas 1h antes do check-in. Instalações velhas. Água quente demora a chegar no andares superiores. De bom apenas a localização em Chelsea, pois é perto de 2 principais corredores do metrô, bem como da rodoviária e da estação de trem. Não voltaria.

Posizione top! È un ambiente molto amichevole! Io infatti viaggiavo da sola è subito la prima sera ho avuto modo nel cortile interno di far amicizia con altri ospiti! Avevo letto commenti molto negativi sul personale ma onestamente non ne capisco il motivo! Appena arrivata c'era un signore nel fare il check-in ed è stato carinissimo e soprattutto molto gentile. L'unico problema è che le porte sono molto leggere quindi si sente ogni cosa . La mia camera era molto pulita

• 6th May 2015

My first experience with hostels was really all that I expected. I felt like I got more than my moneys worth with the location, atmosphere, cleanliness, staff. The room was exactly what I needed and I can't wait to do it again. Thanks.

• 5th May 2015

I asked one of staff about air conditioner because my room was too hot. When I asked that, his attitude was terrible. I just wanted to ask I could use or not. He speak English too fast and he complained about my English. He was impolite for me. I met many great New Yorker in there when I lost my way. Only worst experience in NY was with him. Location is perfect. If you don't mind staff I can recommend this place. Actually there are another staff and some of them were nice.

Heel leuke wijk, dat erg goed gelegen is, de belangrijkste bezienswaardigheden zijn vaak op wandelafstand.

• 5th May 2015
  • Belgium

Decent place 10 mins from 23st station Nice staff Quite large and the wifi didn't reach my room and the communal area shut at 11pm The McManus is your closest pub showing sports just around the corner. The Westside brewery a little further is a bit better

It was a small room, beds were fine. No airco although the signs in the room said there was. Luxaflex were broken. The neighbourhood is great!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7