Chelsea International Hostel Reviews

251 West 20th Street, New York, USA

Excellent stay. The hostel is in a great location. I had a private room with a washbasin in the room and bathroom down the hall. My room and the bathrooms were extremely clean. Would stay here again and recommend to friends.

• 20th Nov 2014

THis is my favorite place. I'm in NY a lot (live in Boston) and I always try to find a bed here. By far the best one of all hostels that offer single rooms.

With this price you are getting exactly what you're expecting. If you're looking for a cheap night sleep in a relatively safe and convenient place to stay, this is a good choice. Metro is only 5 mins walk away and 24 he's check in is very convenient. You're in a city that never sleep so you probably don't want to stay in the room/dome for a long time anyway.

• 15th Nov 2014

No wifi on the roos... that's a pity... Good breakfast Clean rooms, warm, hot water!

• 13th Nov 2014

Always have enjoyed my stay at this hostel. Stayed a couple of times. Staff is super and clean environment. Best location. Highly recommend

• 12th Nov 2014

I enjoyed my stay at the Chelsea International Hostel and appreciated the cleaniness and the security. I will definitely be recommending the 'Chelsea'. Thank you

• 11th Nov 2014

Le personnel pourrait être un minimum accueillant. On ne se sentait pas comme dans les autres auberges. ON était vraiment juste des clients.

• 11th Nov 2014

Price was 5 times what I had just been paying in major European cities for FAR less. The room had a broken, boarded-up window and cockroaches. The building has very narrow hallways, narrow & uneven stairs, and strange shared toilet & shower (one per floor). Maybe every place in NYC is this bad and this poor of a value for the money?

Second time I've been here and it was again a wonderful experience. It was nice to just sit down on a bench and talk with people from different parts of the world.

The bed could have been better. It sagged in the middle.

• 9th Nov 2014

average quality/service/cleanliness excellent position 2 metro stops from Times Square and World trade center The room is very poor

• 8th Nov 2014

They just could improve the internet wireless connection to all place and not just on commun areas.

For the price, I was expecting a little more than just a room with a locker in it. You even have to supply your own padlock. That said, the doors all had decent locks on them and I wasn't worried about anyone getting in. The place was fairly clean, but a bit run down. In desperate need of a lick of paint. Wifi isn't great. Good location. Over all, suited my needs perfectly - just a place to sleep for a couple of nights. If I was staying any longer than 2 nights, I'd look for somewhere else.

• 7th Nov 2014
  • Scotland

el WIFI es malisimo, tambien la prestacion de informacion para la ciudad.

• 7th Nov 2014
  • Chile

There is no shelf in the shower area which would be helpful. The shower walls were dirty and not cleaned during my stay. The towel provided was dirty and never changed during my stay; glad I brought my own. Excellent location, felt safe, and nicely sized room.

• 6th Nov 2014

Toplage! Wer eine einfache Unterkunft zum Übernachten sucht, der ist hier genau richtig! Zu Fuß geht man ca 15 min zum Time Square, mit der Metro ist man innerhalb von ein paar Minuten da. Frühstück war nach 10 Tagen etwas gewöhnungsbedürftig, aber das war jetzt auch kein großes Problem. WLAN gab es nur in vereinzelten Zimmern, jedoch gab es einen extra "Gemeinschaftsraum/Frühstücksraum" wo man sehr gutes WLAN hatte.

• 5th Nov 2014

I really loved the location and the neighborhood. The hostel is fair and exactly what I expected. However, the employees aren't polite and don't like any question or any kind of contact.

• 5th Nov 2014

Did not worth the price but it is clean

• Turkey

I got a little worried before booking after reading some reviews. I am glad I booked it anyway. It's a hostel, it feels like a hostel and it's more than one can wish for. There's rules and they work. Great location, great people. My bed broke and it got changed as soon as I let them know, and it was 10 pm. Free breakfast, pizza night, comedy night...amazing.

The hostel was perfect for me. Simple budget accommodation with all the facilities I need. It was great to be able to afford to have your own room in that area of New York and was very well located. The staff were very helpful and the wifi worked which it often doesn't in other hostels.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7