Citadel Youth Hostel Reviews

Jerusalem Old city Jaffa gate, 20 st Marks road, Jerusalem, Israel

It is poorly placed if you have a suitcase, and if you don't like being pressured and appproched every half a second having to walk through the Arab quarter to get there its not the place, The rooms were small and cramped and there was no air conditioning in the rooms at all that I could find, I had to open my window, and people outside were talking all night long. Also to get to my room I had to walk through a door way that was only 4 feet tall.

• 24th Jul 2015

Sorry to hear about your experience with us ,this is all part of the hostel Atmosphere ,people from all over the world come here for that reason ,sounds like you are more suitable for a hotel atmosphere if you don't like the market and you need AC ,but we really appreciate your business and hope you will have a better experience next time you are in the holy land . Thank you Adam

Fantastic staff and a great attitude!

Amazing location in the old city! The rooftop was a little too cramped, and it was hard to get good rest with all the sounds from the city.

This hostel is in a good location and interesting building, but i feel like the hostel owners capitalise on that. The room was small and smelly and cramped, and noisy as the walls weren't solid and were right next to the social area.There weren't enough toilets or showers and these were smelly and small. They made me and my friend feel quite unwell! Good location interesting building but poorly maintained.

• 9th Jul 2015

Really good location directly in the old city near Jaffa gate. Staff was VERY helpful. Has a nice rooftop from which you can oversee the old city, you can also sleep there. What I have to criticize is the amount of kitchen equipment, which was very poor. Please fix this! Apart from that a nice hostel.

Hostel staff was extremely helpful and approachable - namely Adam, who helped us with many of our queries (which included providing us with recommendations for food places our side the old city, directions, miscellaneous requests). We were delighted with our room - was very spacious, clean and cooling. Location is perfect for exploring the Old City. Will highly recommend this hostel!

• 26th Jun 2015
  • Singapore

We slept on the roof and used shared bathrooms - there was no hot water in the evenings.Otherwise it was ok. The location is in the Old town - very good.

For location in the old city, rooftop and building itself is a very unique place to stay. However the facilities, and particularly the cleanliness, are considerably below average. I had read reviews stating us much before making my decision to stay, and I am glad I did. It is an old building so adaption is difficult, does not excuse filthy, smelly bathrooms every day, which sometimes effects other rooms as well, including my double. Only having a hot shower 4 out of 6 mornings also is a negative

1 2 Next » last »