Citadel Youth Hostel Reviews

Jerusalem Old city Jaffa gate, 20 st Marks road, Jerusalem, Israel

When booking it was described as a shared tent, was actually just the exposed roof

AVOID THIS HOSTEL. After a tiring day we encounter all our belongs dropped at the reception one day before our departure. I proved them that we had BOOKED & PAYED simply showing receipt. Too late, it was full. They arranged another hostel to us and told that they'd pay for it. Arriving there, new hostel told us that it happens OFTEN and they NEVER PAY THEM, so we'd need to pay for that night! I had to RUN (literally) to solve the situation. We LOST MANY TIME to solve. EXTREMELY DISGUSTING!

A wonderful place to stay

Cette a j est la pire que j ai fréquentée effectivement bien placée dans la vielle ville mais l ambiance est détestable personne ne répondait aux bonjours la cuisine sale et les sanitaires douteux vraiment cette aj a déconseiller le personnel est devant l ordi et répond a peine aux questions non c est sur cette aj n est pas chère mais j ai vraiment regretté d y sejourner

Thanks all the staff.

• 27th Oct 2013

Excellent location and extremely helpful staff. I booked a 13 bed "tent" but I was quite disappointed to find that it was literally a mattress and blanket on the roof with no protection from the weather. I also found their policies of charging per day for lockers a little harsh and steeply priced. The hostel was clean but some toilets and toilets/shower doors were in need of repair. In the end I didn't mind sleeping on the roof but I'd only stay here again if I needed a cheap(-ish) bed.

The hostel is located in the old town. We had two nights in a double room and were then for a night at the female dorm. The private rooms are ok, unfortunately the bathrooms are not clean, no windows and ventilation. The dorms are absolutely not recommended: full, cramped and without windows. Positive: The staff is very friendly and helpful.

• 25th Oct 2013

This is definetly my best sunrise and sunset over Jerusalem. I slept on the top roof covered with stars and moon light, waken up by the musical dialog between the churches and mosks around me. Dreamy location, friendly staff and memories to be taken far away.

Perfect location in the old city. I slept on the roof and had a great experience walking up to the amazing view. However be aware of the bells that go off at 5am!

• 24th Oct 2013

Although most of my points were 'good' or 'average - I have to say that NOTHING compares to sleeping on an open rooftop waking up to an unobstructed view of the Dome of the Rock! WOW! We did think that there would be a tent, or something resembling a roof, on the terrace (we travelled in October) but there wasn't. However, we wrapped up in double duvets and extra clothing and loved it. Quite a few stairs to reach the roof. There was a distinct whiff of 'sewer' near the bathrooms too.

Great location & friendly staff. The restrooms need to be fixed, some doors dont close & some toilets dont have enough ventilation. Great place to stay, if its just a few nights & you just need a place to sleep.

• 22nd Oct 2013

The dorm room was cramped and stuffy. The shared bathrooms are ok but the shared showers were cramped and not very clean. We checked out and reserved the 3 bed private room with en suite bathroom was ABSOLUTELY wonderful! Totally worth the money. All the front desk staff were great, Adam was super helpful. Overall a great experience!

Good hostel. Best Location in Jerusalem. Could be cleaner.

1 2 3 Next » last »