Citadel Youth Hostel Reviews

Jerusalem Old city Jaffa gate, 20 st Marks road, Jerusalem, Israel

It is a once in a lifetime to wakeup in a rooftop in Jerusalem :) Total worth it! I had a great time here but I never felt my baggage was safe enough in there as lockers are extra fared...

I absolutely loved it!!! Perfect location and beautiful exotic building! The staff were super nice, friendly bad informative, lots of love from Monica!

Most of the staff was great, really helpful and friendly. The bathrooms were a disaster. They smelled terrible and were wet all the time. Also, our shared dorm was ridiculously hot and crowded. There was almost no ventilation and the bunks were hard to access because so many had been crammed into the room.

• 27th Jun 2014

Not as good as I remembered... The location and roof terrace are the best things about this hostel, and it's a good place for hippies to meet hippies... Other than that, not too impressed. Our room was stuffy and noisy, and it's forbidden to flush paper down the toilet (they have flushers instead). Guests consequently buy their own toilet paper and throw it in the bins, which builds up quite a stink. Probably trying somewhere else next time.

I ended up getting the top bunk in a 13 person room. No problem right? It would have been fine were it not for the fact that this hostel doesn't believe in safety rails. I spent the entire night turning very carefully so I wouldn't fall off the damn thing. Not to mention the fact there's no AC, and it was sweltering hot. Also, some bell or screaming will wake you up every damn hour of the night. Don't reccommend it.

1 2 3 Next » last »