City Plaza Hostel Reviews

13 (26 july street) sixth floor, Cairo, Egypt

This is certainly not a hostel. We cancel our room there the seconds we went over the doorstep. The real name ist City Plaza HOTEL, and it is a very low budget, low low low standard Egyptian Hotel. I would recommend Hostelworld to remove it from its list of hostels.

• 4th Oct 2014

This is easily the best budget hotel in Cairo! Staff was extremely hospitable, helpful, perfect speaking English and polite. The rooms are bright, clean and comfortable. This place is very close to the metro, shops and Egyptian Museum. The breakfast was fine

Horrible place, and I they're lying in their advertising. They DON'T have balconies in all rooms - the view from my minimal window was on a pile of j**k. I had booked an ensuite room, but got a shared bathroom one with 'walls' that let me hear every whisper in the noisy corridor outside. But I still had to fight for not paying for the ensuite room they didn't give me. And no hot water in the shower, no towels, no linen in the bed, dead cat in the staircase. Beware!

very good hostel ,clean ,the room with balcony.

• 18th Nov 2012
  • Egypt

Great hostel. Very kind, friendly, and helpful staff. Comfortable and clean. Great location. Great breakfast.

• 14th Nov 2012

: It was amazing experience in this hostel,very kind and friendly stuff,helpfully at any time day and night..they also organized tour for me they organize excellent tours to Luxor and Aswan-white desert and the pyramids..i found a lot of new friends very good friends..it's clean hostel and close from the Egyptian museum and many shopping facilities are in the near..i felt safe in this hostel,its secure and clean...thank you guys for everything i will comeback again.......

• 13th Nov 2012

Hostel is on top floor, reachable by a very dodgy unsafe looking lift, or by a filthy staircase which no one in their right minds would want to ascend. A shame because the hostel is quite ok. apart from the noise from the street but that is everywhere.

• 6th Nov 2012

If you wanna stay in a clean hostel, City Plaza is not one of this, outside door smells meat because of there is a restaurant and all guys who work there whatching you when you enter to the apartment..Also hostel smells..

• 24th Oct 2012
  • Turkey

YOU MUST STAY HERE!!! This is an amazing hostel, the staff are so great, very funny, helpful and honest, clean rooms. The Location is in the heart of downtown Cairo which is brilliant to explore. i had the best stay here.

• 29th Aug 2012
  • Egypt

My stay at city plaza Hostel in Cairo either met or exceeded my expectations.The staff was helpful,friendly,professional Tour desk,and ready to help in amazing time. The room is very clean,comfartable,fresh linen,good mattress,clean bathroom Have strong Wi-Fi Avaliable 24/h.I had reservations at another hotel for my return trip and cancelled them to return to the great city plaza hostel. I Highly Recommended To All Travelers

city plaza hostel at down town ,clean,staff very helpful , iam a single girle city plaza is safe hostel i will stay here again thanks for all

• 13th Aug 2012
  • Belgium

city plaza great hostel, it was really clean, and the guys working at the desk are friendly and are willing to help anytime I needed anything.WALID really made my stay much nicer, and he great to chat with about politics and advice about what to see. The location is also good, downtown, just a few minutes walk from Tahreer Square and the Egyptian Museum. I would definitely come back again

• 13th Aug 2012
  • Cyprus

city plaza hostel is my home here in cairo .thanks for all staff.mr WALID the owner good man and helpful evry thing here is clean and new

• 29th Jun 2012

Wireless internet did not seem to work, otherwise nice place, the airport pickup for very helpful for me

We arrived late at night at the cairo airport and there was no pick up guy as promised. we called the hostel (24h service) several times, but no one answered. Then we had to take a cap. Arriving at the city plaza at 5am - we were shocked. On the street and in the entrance was a lot of rubbish everywhere and the stairwell was unsafety and dirty. After we made it up to the 6th floor by feet, because there was no lift at that time and the lift we saw the next day was just a little room, without door or any other security precaution. When we entered the hostel the reception man just woke up. He was nice but he couldn't really talk any acceptable english. The rooms are ok on the first view but the walls are full of mould and there are no windows just boards. The night was horrable because its so loud because of all the traffic and the horns. After me and my friend woke up, we had a lot of stings - we are not sure wheather they came from moscitos or bed bugs. We originally booked the hostel für 3 nights, but early the nxt morning we checked out because there is no possibility to get any safety, sleep or hygiene. We were boys and girls and we all decided to leave. I can't recommend it!!!

Twin ensuite in Dec 2010. Staff were very nice, but this is not a great hostel. It's right off July26, a major street in downtown Cairo. Very loud if your room faces the street. The stairs and elevator are as sketchy as they come (we got stuck once), but even though the stairwell was dirty as all hell the hostel itself was ok (for Cairo) even if it’s just a place to sleep. Breakfast was nice and security was good but I liked the Let Me Inn (2007) and Arabian Nights (2010 - Islamic Cairo) more.

first of all thanks for your review regarding the loud sound of the street that was because the holidays and the christmas in the down town . about the elvator that was only five minutes problem caused by opend door on the lower floor of the building we always welcome any recommendation and also we take any complain seriously to solve

The plase is located right at downtown cario.. It is a nice Hike to the sixfloor so if yuo are fited to do some walking an I mean on the building this is your plase.. Besides that the Hostel is clean.. Kindo of Hard to find but is ok.. and one more thing.. If you are not to good with some particular smells I strongly sugest other plases... AAAHH one more and final thing... It is very NOICY so have that in mind... El lugar es limpio y me rrefiero al Hostel.. Es una caminata larga y me rrefiero dentro del ed

The City Plaza hotel is very nice to me. All the staffs are very kind and helpful. They suggested the best way to teavel in Egypt as very reasonable price. Location is very nice too. It takes only 10 minutes from hotel to Egypyion Museum and very famous restorant is in same building. And there is the cafe opened until late night nearby. You can always use hot water, WIFI, airconditioner. If you are searching reasonable and helful hotel in Cairo, You must book this hotel.

• 2nd Dec 2010
  • South Korea

City Plaza is a fantastic place to stay! Its in a great location in the heart of downtown Cairo thriving with culture. The staff are excellent too, Hend and Salah are always smiling and happy to help from aranging cars to booking tours. Value for money is superb and its a short walk from the Egyption museum. Below, Gad Restaurant is a good place to indulge in local cuisine and have the best meat shwarmas in town. When I visit Cairo next Ill be sure to stay here. Ravi and Dave (UK)

If you have any problem ask Ayman

• 1st Nov 2010