Civic Guest House Backpackers Hostel Reviews

262 Walker St, Townsville, Australia

Staff was useless, only good thing about this place was it was clean! So cleaning staff was great reception was awful!

The staff is so friendly! There is a free shuttle bus. It's a relaxed hostel with lots of facilities. A nice big kitchen and the garden is really nice as well. There are lots of places to sit and chill.

Civic is a comfortable easy going hostel, bright and sparkling clean, with helpful attentive staff. WIFI did not work in my dorm but at this time of year there are plenty of comfortable places to sit and use it on the ground floor - might get crowded in peak times My only reservations were 1. cigarette smoke in most of the sitting areas. Not from inside, but from the footpath and back courtyard. 2. bicycles listed in Hostelworld were not available for hire. Sadly they have been stolen

So far very one of the best hostel have been in Australia . Friendly and helpful staff , good atmosphere, good facilities and very clean. You feel like home

Very clean, friendly and feeling good hostel!

Nice staff! Unfortunately I sept badly: it was too hot and the mattress was extremely soft... Exception for that, very pleasant stay.

Bed broke but luckily I was able to use the other bed. No air con in the room. Lots of ants everywhere. No off street parking.

Very friendly staff who were happy to help. They even drove us to the train station for our train, and stored our bags for the day so we could do the castle hill climb. Thank you for a lovely stay!

Comfortable hostel with friendly staff, plenty of chill out space and a big kitchen. Easy walk over to Woolworths for shopping and down to the seafront. Would stop here again. Be aware that Townsville taxis can be unreliable- the taxi I booked to get me to the greyhound station never appeared which made my final morning more frantic than I was expecting!

Lovely, lovely hostel! It had a very homely vibe with a fab kitchen. I had the deluxe en-suite room which was air conditioned and had its own fridge - very happy! The staff were lovely, welcoming and helpful at all times. They also run a shuttle service to the coach station at certain times which saves walking in the heat! Banks and Woolworths only round the corner and Flinders Street is 5 minutes away. Would definitely stay again.

Staff were great, couldn't have done more, even drove me and my friend to dominos and back so thanks for that guys, only stayed a night but we were made really welcome

• 3rd Apr 2015

Fantastic rooms and facilities, great size and friendly staff. Definitely book again. Cheers :)

The receptionist that checked me in Jenny was great and very welcoming and helpful. I found my room very comfortable and clean. I would stay again for sure Karen South Australia

• 31st Mar 2015

Townsville is awful. Dont stay there if you dont have to. This hostel however is ok. Its clean the air cons good and the free wifi actually works. On arrival the lady was lovely and showed me everything even offering help with my bags.

awesome atmosphere, i didn't want to leave! really clean! heaps of bathrooms!

• 22nd Mar 2015

Very good hostel!! Nice staff and very helpfull. Good free wifi

Lovely staff made the stay very welcoming. Happy to help with anything you ask. Free tea and coffee in the well equipped very clean kitchen, free wifi in the comfy common area...toilets and showers immaculate..just a properly lovely hostel. Totally recommend, thankyou!

My room was horribly dirty! It was a total mess and smelled as hell! Hostel was totally booked so I couldn't change rooms, had to stay there... My bed was covered with hairs and dirt! Bathroom looked disgusting too. At least I got my money back. .. excuse: " usually only staff is staying in this room" - Why are you accepting booking if there's actually no space?!!! Staff is nice and helpful.

• 17th Mar 2015

One of the cheapest and cleaniest hostels i stay in with. It's located a little outside the oldtown of townsville but still close to everything. Big kitchen, every evening it's movienight. Nice and friendly staff.

The owner is brilliant so kind and helpful. The rooms are spotless and the whole hostel is nice and clean. Small kitchen for the amount of people but you have to plan to eat early or later so not that much of a problem. Free shuttle from greyhound stop and ferry just need to let them know and free shuttle back aswell. free entertainment on one night as the night managers were fighting and 1 got knocked out so police and ambulance there not much sleep that night but sure this was a one off!!!!