Civic Guest House Backpackers Hostel Reviews

262 Walker St, Townsville, Australia

Lovely, lovely hostel! It had a very homely vibe with a fab kitchen. I had the deluxe en-suite room which was air conditioned and had its own fridge - very happy! The staff were lovely, welcoming and helpful at all times. They also run a shuttle service to the coach station at certain times which saves walking in the heat! Banks and Woolworths only round the corner and Flinders Street is 5 minutes away. Would definitely stay again.

Staff were great, couldn't have done more, even drove me and my friend to dominos and back so thanks for that guys, only stayed a night but we were made really welcome

• 3rd Apr 2015

Fantastic rooms and facilities, great size and friendly staff. Definitely book again. Cheers :)

The receptionist that checked me in Jenny was great and very welcoming and helpful. I found my room very comfortable and clean. I would stay again for sure Karen South Australia

• 31st Mar 2015

Townsville is awful. Dont stay there if you dont have to. This hostel however is ok. Its clean the air cons good and the free wifi actually works. On arrival the lady was lovely and showed me everything even offering help with my bags.

awesome atmosphere, i didn't want to leave! really clean! heaps of bathrooms!

• 22nd Mar 2015

Very good hostel!! Nice staff and very helpfull. Good free wifi

Lovely staff made the stay very welcoming. Happy to help with anything you ask. Free tea and coffee in the well equipped very clean kitchen, free wifi in the comfy common area...toilets and showers immaculate..just a properly lovely hostel. Totally recommend, thankyou!

My room was horribly dirty! It was a total mess and smelled as hell! Hostel was totally booked so I couldn't change rooms, had to stay there... My bed was covered with hairs and dirt! Bathroom looked disgusting too. At least I got my money back. .. excuse: " usually only staff is staying in this room" - Why are you accepting booking if there's actually no space?!!! Staff is nice and helpful.

• 17th Mar 2015

One of the cheapest and cleaniest hostels i stay in with. It's located a little outside the oldtown of townsville but still close to everything. Big kitchen, every evening it's movienight. Nice and friendly staff.

The owner is brilliant so kind and helpful. The rooms are spotless and the whole hostel is nice and clean. Small kitchen for the amount of people but you have to plan to eat early or later so not that much of a problem. Free shuttle from greyhound stop and ferry just need to let them know and free shuttle back aswell. free entertainment on one night as the night managers were fighting and 1 got knocked out so police and ambulance there not much sleep that night but sure this was a one off!!!!

The boys on reception make you feel very welcome! Not much going on in Townsville at night so was glad to have somewhere to chat & have a few drinks in the hostel! Rooms were a good size with own bathroom & toilet. Few minute walk to woolworths, but a little further for the beach & pools. Shuttle service from reception to the ferry/greyhound drop off! Hi to Will, Matty, Gavin, Kevin!!

This is good place to stay, the staff were great. We got in very late and the night manager as super helpful, got us sorted quickly and with no fuss. The place itsits self is much bigger than I first thoughtthought, with plenty of outside relaxing/eating places.

The best hostel so far! They offer tea and coffee all day, there is oil and salt for free in the kitchen, they picked me up from the ferry station for free, wifi which works really good, free sunscreen, they offer ice cold water! Just perfect. Aaand airconditioning.

Nice, clean hostel. Super effective air conditioning in our private room. Very nice manager :)

The best hostel I have ever seen!

We only stayed her very briefly but the hostel has such a nice feel to it!! The staff we absolutely lovely giving us a tour of the hostel before letting us settle in. The outside dining area is very Mediterranean and was really nice to relax in. The showers and bathrooms could have been cleaner but the beds were very comfy and clean. Perfect if you prefer the smaller hostels rather than the large chains.

It's a nice hostel and I had some chats with the friendly owner. I liked the atmosphere and probably the best (and free) WiFi in all hostels I've been the last weeks.

Such a friendly and clean place - I didn't want to leave!

Very nice and clean hostel. Good rooms, big, well equipped kitchen, Woolworths close. Friendly staff.

« first « Prev 1 2 3