Civic Guest House Backpackers Hostel Reviews

262 Walker St, Townsville, Australia

In the "de luxe" single room there was a fridge, but no shelves, hooks or mirror. Unfortunately one of the two bathrooms on my floor was out-of-order. Long corridors meant it didn't feel very friendly.

I had made a mistake on my booking and the front desk attendant switched my reservation very quickly. We were made to feel very welcome and the room was perfect for what we needed. Would stay again and gladly recommend.

Very clean. Great value (single room for price of dorm bed elsewhere). Unfortunately very loud construction, drilling rocks, just across the road starting at 7 am! Make sure to go to bed early, or ask reception what point they're at.

Best place to stay in Townsville. Quite a homey feel and everyone was pretty friendly.

Very nice and helpful staff. Relaxed and cosy atmosphere

Stayed at Civic Guest House for 3 nights in a 4 bed mixed dorm and loved my stay there! All the staff were super friendly, showed me to my room and everything. Great kitchen and TV area. Short walk to Woolworths and town which was great. My only suggestion would be to make the wifi stretch further than just reception! :)

Staff were really nice, they made a difference! Hostel was clean and tidy. No complaints from me.

Thank you for a wonderful stay. We really enjoyed our time at civic guest house, the staff were really welcoming and kind. The hostel was really clean and had great facilities, especially the kitchen. Lovely friendly atmosphere. We would definitely stay here again. Thank you.

• 5th Aug 2014

Thank you kindly for the positive and welcome review.

Upon check in we were greeted by lovely staff who were extremely helpful. I was traveling with my mother who found the younger vibe of this hostel a bit overwhelming, but I have no complaints about the hostel itself. We ended up staying in a private double with ensuite bathroom and we both had a great sleep. No complaints for our one night spent there. Thanks so much!

One of the best hostels I've ever stayed at. The staff is friendly, it's clean, the rooms are great and the atmosphere is just amazing!

• 15th Jul 2014
  • Sweden

Lovely hostel! :) one of the best I've been to! The rooms, the kitchen, the bathrooms. Everything is very clean! You've got EVERYTHING what you need in the kitchen and you have a good working free and unlimited wifi! The staff is super nice and lovely! The lady from the hostel cares about everyone in the hostel and is such a sweet person! :) I would have stayed longer and I would always come again!

Quiet hostel. Good wifi. Awful bunk beds.

Owners were very nice and pic up from ferry terminal was no problem. Location is close to shops, bars and restaraunts about 15 minutes to beach. Hostel is very clean and kept well. My only negatve was atmosphere was a little strange, think there must be a lot of long term people who just dont want to bother with short termers a lot of guests seemed to work in the hostel and weren't very friendly. Its a quiet hostel but you can byo alcohol.

The owner is the most friendly and lovely lady and really makes you feel welcome

• 2nd Jul 2014
  • New Zealand

Thank you so much for this review. There is nothing more satisfying than to know that I have made you feel welcome and that you have enjoyed your stay with us. Keep well and look after yourself!

Loved this hostel, very clean, staff were extremely helpful and friendly. Amazing kitchen and a lot of facilities. Location is great. Would recommend anyone to stay here.

Small, quiet hostel. Slightly outside of Townsville centre. Good free WiFi. Very clean kitchen.

Really friendly owners, picked us up from Greyhound and took us on a tour around the town pointing out where everything is. Free drop off at Ferry Terminal. Free wifi. Rooms serviced everyday. Great hostel

Just awesome

Thank you so much for this awesome rating.

The staff were the best, very helpfull. Could not fault the cleanliness. They even made sure I was the other end from the party people. Washing line was a bonus. I would recommend this hostel to my friends and return again.

Thank you for your positive comment and also for recommending us to your friends.

Stayed there just a night with a friend, it wasn't enough to fully enjoy this very much lovely and nice hostel, people seems nice and educated, fortunately crazy/drunk/noisy kids can't be hosted in there. tehre are many facilities and the common areas are nice. Staff was friendly, location is quiet alright. Pice was very cheap, highly recommended