Civic Guest House Backpackers Hostel Reviews

262 Walker St, Townsville, Australia

Wonderful staff who were so helpful in transporting me to/from the ferry port or bus station. Really friendly atmosphere.

The Civic Guest House is one of the best hostels I have stayed in so far during my visit to Australia. I stayed in a 4 bed room. it included a full size refrigerator/freezer, lockable storage, and an ENSUITE bathroom! I have never stayed in a 4 bed room that included all of these things. The hostel owner was friendly and had a great sense of humor. The only improvement I could suggest would be to add WiFi throughout the whole hostel, instead of just in the lobby.

Fantastic place. Friendly staff that went beyond. Clean rooms, bathroom and common areas. AC! Chilled atmosphere. Walking distance to Woolworths and ferry and Greyhound, although they offer free bus shuttles. Thanks for a great stay.

Very welcoming atmosphere and lovely staff. Everything was clean and you almost felt at home. The bathrooms were great aswell.

It's a bit far out from the main hub of Townsville and the atmosphere is a bit quieter than most, but it's very clean, the staff are lovely and I was upgraded to a twin room (that I had to myself) for free! Definitely a hostel to stay in with a group of people; it can be a bit cliquey with the long stayers. But it was still really nice, close to the supermarket!

Very happy and friendly staff. Very clean with a chilled atmosphere

• 19th Jan 2016

Great place to stay! Rooms were clean and tidy with good aircon, staff were really nice and even offered us lifts around the island. Small pool to cool off in and really close to the beach and bus stops. Really clean well-stocked kitchen to use too. Would definitely stay again!

• 12th Jan 2016

Didn't look like much from the outside but this was of the cleanest hostels I've been to. Has cool outdoor space and a big kitchen with plenty of cooking utensils. Room was spacious. Was also very quiet and everyone was respectful.

Stayed in a 4-person dorm. Door couldn't be closed properly, big gap. Showers and toilets were dirty. No AC in the room so during night it felt like it was 100 degrees in the room. It was so hot!!!! A miracle no one in the room passed out. Also when we first checked in and entered the room, the window was open so there was so many mosquitos in the room. Definitely not worth the money.

One of the best hostels I've ever been. Kitchen is very clean and well equipped. Rooms have a own fridge

I had a very nice stay in this small and individual place. The rooms and bathroom were clean and the kitchen had everything you could need including many things like oil, salt...and even free coffee and tea available. I'd book this hostel again!

Clean and nice place!!! Quiet at night! You should not regret your booking there!!!

This Guesthouse is cozy and totally worth the money. Kitchen & atmosphere in general are just awesome!

Very lovely hostel! Clean, beautiful internal features. There is a shuttle bus to the Magnetic Island ferry at 10 and 11am. Very useful! They also had a little kitten strolling around the facilities and up for petting.

• 5th Dec 2015

Basic and simple but the staff were very helpful and the wifi worked very well. Great place to stay for a couple nights and a very chilled out place to get away from all the madness of busier locations. Plus who doesn't enjoy free tea and coffee!

This hostel is one of the best hostels I have stayed in! I was greeted in the best way, the staff were so friendly and welcoming 😊 great facilities- piano, guitar, computer, modern and comfy chairs to sit in and read/chill. The kitchen was very clean and well stocked too. I loved my stay here! Would highly recommend 😊

Pretty average. I had to request clean sheets when I got there as none of the empty beds had been changed. Staff were nice though and the kitchen was clean.

Dear Annie, Thank you for your review. All our beds gets cleaned and freshly made with crisp and freshly ironed sheets on the day the guest checks out. Unfortunately, after the beds were made, one of the initial guests decided that he was going to change to another bed without notifying housekeeping and that is the reason the beds looked unmade. i have just followed up with my manager regarding the incident and all checked out beds were freshly made that day. Apologies again.

Such nice staff and a lovely chilled feel to it great place to stay!

The manager is very helpful

Best wifi of any hostels on the east coast! Always seem to be cleaning the kitchen, and lots of toilets/showers

« first « Prev 1 2 3