Civic Guest House Backpackers Hostel Reviews

262 Walker St, Townsville, Australia

Staff were really nice, they made a difference! Hostel was clean and tidy. No complaints from me.

Thank you for a wonderful stay. We really enjoyed our time at civic guest house, the staff were really welcoming and kind. The hostel was really clean and had great facilities, especially the kitchen. Lovely friendly atmosphere. We would definitely stay here again. Thank you.

• 5th Aug 2014

Thank you kindly for the positive and welcome review.

Upon check in we were greeted by lovely staff who were extremely helpful. I was traveling with my mother who found the younger vibe of this hostel a bit overwhelming, but I have no complaints about the hostel itself. We ended up staying in a private double with ensuite bathroom and we both had a great sleep. No complaints for our one night spent there. Thanks so much!

One of the best hostels I've ever stayed at. The staff is friendly, it's clean, the rooms are great and the atmosphere is just amazing!

• 15th Jul 2014
  • Sweden

Lovely hostel! :) one of the best I've been to! The rooms, the kitchen, the bathrooms. Everything is very clean! You've got EVERYTHING what you need in the kitchen and you have a good working free and unlimited wifi! The staff is super nice and lovely! The lady from the hostel cares about everyone in the hostel and is such a sweet person! :) I would have stayed longer and I would always come again!

Quiet hostel. Good wifi. Awful bunk beds.

Owners were very nice and pic up from ferry terminal was no problem. Location is close to shops, bars and restaraunts about 15 minutes to beach. Hostel is very clean and kept well. My only negatve was atmosphere was a little strange, think there must be a lot of long term people who just dont want to bother with short termers a lot of guests seemed to work in the hostel and weren't very friendly. Its a quiet hostel but you can byo alcohol.

The owner is the most friendly and lovely lady and really makes you feel welcome

• 2nd Jul 2014
  • New Zealand

Thank you so much for this review. There is nothing more satisfying than to know that I have made you feel welcome and that you have enjoyed your stay with us. Keep well and look after yourself!

Loved this hostel, very clean, staff were extremely helpful and friendly. Amazing kitchen and a lot of facilities. Location is great. Would recommend anyone to stay here.

Small, quiet hostel. Slightly outside of Townsville centre. Good free WiFi. Very clean kitchen.

Really friendly owners, picked us up from Greyhound and took us on a tour around the town pointing out where everything is. Free drop off at Ferry Terminal. Free wifi. Rooms serviced everyday. Great hostel

Just awesome

Thank you so much for this awesome rating.

The staff were the best, very helpfull. Could not fault the cleanliness. They even made sure I was the other end from the party people. Washing line was a bonus. I would recommend this hostel to my friends and return again.

Thank you for your positive comment and also for recommending us to your friends.

Stayed there just a night with a friend, it wasn't enough to fully enjoy this very much lovely and nice hostel, people seems nice and educated, fortunately crazy/drunk/noisy kids can't be hosted in there. tehre are many facilities and the common areas are nice. Staff was friendly, location is quiet alright. Pice was very cheap, highly recommended

Great value for money and very clean, particularly the kitchen area. The cleanest and nicest hostel kitchen I've seen! Would recommend for anyone who is looking for a relaxed and chilled out place to stay in Townsville

• 22nd May 2014

Thank you so much for this lovely review.

This is a really nice and clean place with good staff. Its really quiet though.

Had a great stay, the facilities were really nice

Thank You for the positive feedback!

The hosts were great. I would stay again.

• 13th Apr 2014

Thank you for your positive feedback. Just wanting to add that we have installed surveillance cameras, which are monitored regularly.

Only stayed one night but it seemed like a cool place. Really nice staff helped us check in. In the dorms the bottom bunk is kind of a small space though-can't really sit up in it. But overall it's worth it!

• 8th Apr 2014

Thank you for your feedback, which is appreciated. On arrival, when our guests check in, I make sure to let them know, that their comfort is most important to us. I make sure to let them know, that, should there be anything they need, be it a blanket or another pillow, nothing is too much of an effort for us, should they find, that the space is not sufficient enough for them to sit up comfortably, they are welcome to let us know, and we will find something more suitable.

One of the best hostels I have stayed in so far. A lot of free services and a welcoming, friendly staff.