Civic Guest House Backpackers Hostel Reviews

262 Walker St, Townsville, Australia

Townsville is awful. Dont stay there if you dont have to. This hostel however is ok. Its clean the air cons good and the free wifi actually works. On arrival the lady was lovely and showed me everything even offering help with my bags.

Very good hostel!! Nice staff and very helpfull. Good free wifi

Lovely staff made the stay very welcoming. Happy to help with anything you ask. Free tea and coffee in the well equipped very clean kitchen, free wifi in the comfy common area...toilets and showers immaculate..just a properly lovely hostel. Totally recommend, thankyou!

My room was horribly dirty! It was a total mess and smelled as hell! Hostel was totally booked so I couldn't change rooms, had to stay there... My bed was covered with hairs and dirt! Bathroom looked disgusting too. At least I got my money back. .. excuse: " usually only staff is staying in this room" - Why are you accepting booking if there's actually no space?!!! Staff is nice and helpful.

• 17th Mar 2015

One of the cheapest and cleaniest hostels i stay in with. It's located a little outside the oldtown of townsville but still close to everything. Big kitchen, every evening it's movienight. Nice and friendly staff.

The owner is brilliant so kind and helpful. The rooms are spotless and the whole hostel is nice and clean. Small kitchen for the amount of people but you have to plan to eat early or later so not that much of a problem. Free shuttle from greyhound stop and ferry just need to let them know and free shuttle back aswell. free entertainment on one night as the night managers were fighting and 1 got knocked out so police and ambulance there not much sleep that night but sure this was a one off!!!!

The boys on reception make you feel very welcome! Not much going on in Townsville at night so was glad to have somewhere to chat & have a few drinks in the hostel! Rooms were a good size with own bathroom & toilet. Few minute walk to woolworths, but a little further for the beach & pools. Shuttle service from reception to the ferry/greyhound drop off! Hi to Will, Matty, Gavin, Kevin!!

This is good place to stay, the staff were great. We got in very late and the night manager as super helpful, got us sorted quickly and with no fuss. The place itsits self is much bigger than I first thoughtthought, with plenty of outside relaxing/eating places.

The best hostel so far! They offer tea and coffee all day, there is oil and salt for free in the kitchen, they picked me up from the ferry station for free, wifi which works really good, free sunscreen, they offer ice cold water! Just perfect. Aaand airconditioning.

Nice, clean hostel. Super effective air conditioning in our private room. Very nice manager :)

The best hostel I have ever seen!

We only stayed her very briefly but the hostel has such a nice feel to it!! The staff we absolutely lovely giving us a tour of the hostel before letting us settle in. The outside dining area is very Mediterranean and was really nice to relax in. The showers and bathrooms could have been cleaner but the beds were very comfy and clean. Perfect if you prefer the smaller hostels rather than the large chains.

It's a nice hostel and I had some chats with the friendly owner. I liked the atmosphere and probably the best (and free) WiFi in all hostels I've been the last weeks.

Such a friendly and clean place - I didn't want to leave!

Very nice and clean hostel. Good rooms, big, well equipped kitchen, Woolworths close. Friendly staff.

Mel & Jake really make this place a great hostel to stay at - plenty of cheap & free activities put on every day, knowledgeable about the local area and just a good laugh. Ideal location next to the Greyhound stop, BWS, and Woolsworths; plus great AC in the TV room and the bedrooms. Awesome place for chilling out and seeing some of the local wildlife!

Lovely clean and friendly hostel.

very clean hostel! It is only 15 minutes walk to the ferry, has got free Wifi and is close to Woolworth. The only negativ point was the kitchen which close quite early about 9.30 pm. Altogether I can recommend this place.

Good hostel, but location isn't very convenient

Lovely hostel. Very clean and really friendly staff! Very close to Woolworths. Free wifi, coffee and tea is really nice.

« first « Prev 1 2 3