Civic Guest House Backpackers Hostel Reviews

262 Walker St, Townsville, Australia

staff were so friendly here and the place is a great place to stay in Townsville. really sweet and nice and quiet for sleeping!

Best owners of a hostel that I've met so far. For once it really felt like they cared about the guests.

I loved staying at the Civic Guest House! It is a cozy and clean hostel with great staff. They're always there to help you, be it giving directions or supporting your search for a room for permanent residence. WIthin a 5 min walk you can reach everything you need, bus stop, Woolworth, food court or the sea. The kitchen, bathrooms and bedrooms are incredibly clean. The kitchen offers everything you need. I would definitely come back!

• 16th Jul 2015

Received a very warm welcome and shown to our room. Very friendly & helpful staff.

• 10th Jul 2015

Good Hostel! 20 minutes away from the bus station. Staff very friendly and helpful! Facilities good and pretty clean overall. Would recommend it!

Excellent hostel.

It was lovely. Clean, friendly and helpful staff, quiet, central location. Enjoyed my stay and I would definitely go back.

• 1st Jul 2015

We stayed in a 4 bed mixed room with a bathroom, and the room had a fridge and a couple of cabinets where you could lock in your valuables :) They forgot to pick us up on the bus station, so we were waiting for 45 minutes before I had to call them.. Also, the staff was a bit rude; our roomies had left the door open, so the cleaning guys just barged in to our room in the morning while we were about to change - didn't even knock. I was half naked and had to "hide" in my bed for 15 minutes..

Super friendly owners, kitchen could be bigger with more sinks

• 30th Jun 2015

Had a wonderful stay here! The (bath)rooms are clean and the staff is really nice.

Good quiet hostel, a lot of sitting areas and free wifi works surprisingly well (when in reach). The bunkbeds were instable, with every rollover they shake enormously and make a sqeaky sound, waking the other person in the bed! More remarks: too few bathrooms for the amount of people. Also kitchen equipment is old and inadequate, especially the pans are worn out and all the food sticks to the pans. Reception is not always around, even in the "open" hours.

This is the best hostel in Townsville. It is very clean but most of all it had a fantastic atmosphere. Everyone is welcoming and you meet friends easily. A mix of workers and people traveling through. Would definitely stay here again!!

Facilities: kitchen is FAR too small for the hostel. Wifi doesn't work very well at all. Late night check in and they didn't give us a code! Luckily someone was still up and could let us in.

One of the BEST hostels I've stayed in Australia. Free WiFi in the reception area, I HATE hostels that keep asking for money for WIFI (#FirstWorldProblems, I know). It's separate from the social area, which is near the kitchen, which is excellent. When there's WiFi only in the social area, everyone's just on their phones, not socialising. Cleanest bathrooms I've EVER seen for a hostel, definitely why they have so many awards. Great kitchen, fantastic location, would definitely go back.

Excellent hostel very close to supermarket, cinema and main street. Rooms and facilities are perfectly clean, the kitchen is amazing and the best thing is it actually has an OVEN!! :D Also the wifi is exceptionally fast, the beds are good though a bit shaky and the staff is great and helped a lot. Rooms have lockable cupboards and fridges! Thanks for a wonderful few days here before going to Magnetic Island! :)

Thank you for your lovely review. It was a pleasure having you stay with us. Good luck with the rest of your travels.

Staff was useless, only good thing about this place was it was clean! So cleaning staff was great reception was awful!

Thank you for your review. A relief to know that there was one thing that you actually liked about my guesthouse. As you did not give us any explanation as to what my staff did or did not do, I do not know how to fix the problem. It is our mission to make all our guests feel welcome and appreciated, I do apologise if you were treated without respect and if we were inefficient, we do try our best, but sometimes our best is just not good enough.

Very nice hostel, close to everything you can do in the city and a nice free shuttle to the ferry station!

• 22nd May 2015

The staff is so friendly! There is a free shuttle bus. It's a relaxed hostel with lots of facilities. A nice big kitchen and the garden is really nice as well. There are lots of places to sit and chill.

Thank you so much for this awesome review, to read reviews like these, makes a blue day turn into a not so blue one. Good luck with your future travels!

Civic is a comfortable easy going hostel, bright and sparkling clean, with helpful attentive staff. WIFI did not work in my dorm but at this time of year there are plenty of comfortable places to sit and use it on the ground floor - might get crowded in peak times My only reservations were 1. cigarette smoke in most of the sitting areas. Not from inside, but from the footpath and back courtyard. 2. bicycles listed in Hostelworld were not available for hire. Sadly they have been stolen

So far very one of the best hostel have been in Australia . Friendly and helpful staff , good atmosphere, good facilities and very clean. You feel like home

« first « Prev 1 2 3