Fabulous 296 Total Reviews
Fabulous 296 Total Reviews
Cool Bananas Located at 2 Springs Rd, , Agnes Water - Town of 1770.
Cool Bananas
Cool Bananas
    Rooms available

• Germany, Female, 18-24
15th Jan 2017

The staff was extremely helpful and friendly! One of the best hostels I stayed so far. It was just so hot that I would appreciate AC in the dorms.

12th Jan 2017

I really loved my stay at Cool Bananas. I felt the staff were very friendly. The place offered great wifi and great atmosphere. I only wish I had stayed longer!!!!

• Australia, Female, 18-24
26th Dec 2016

Fantastic hostel - the atmosphere is amazing, the common room and kitchen facilities are really good & the hostel itself is in a beautiful spot - perfect for chilling out! The only downside is that there is absolutely no security in the rooms (doors are left open & there are no lockers) - BUT I would definitely recommend this hostel!

• Netherlands, Female, 18-24
26th Dec 2016

Best hostel I've stayed in in Australia so far!

• England, Female, 18-24
3rd Dec 2016
7.7

Pros: amazing friendly staff, really clean, awesome cheap surf lessons and a really cool and cheap ($30) sunset tour up to 1770, as well as a TV and dvds to use which was a nice homely touch. Cons: no air con so doors are left open, which with no security lockers either made me feel a little uneasy about my valuables (although it feels pretty safe), room too hot, and WiFi was broken during my stay which was unfortunate. I see why people love it but the air con was a deal breaker for me.

• England, Female, 25-30
30th Nov 2016

My favourite hostel on the East coast. Clean and great social vibe but also a chilled vibe if that's what you want. Lots of cheap, local activities available from the hostel and delicious home cooked meals! Highly recommend!

Thank you for your wonderful feedback. We are glad you enjoyed your stay. We aim to make our guests feel at home in a clean and friendly atmosphere. Well done on taking advantage of all the wonderful activities Agnes Water has to offer. Be sure to pop in and say hi if you are ever back this way. Take care and happy travels, Cary and Linda

• England, Male, 25-30
29th Nov 2016

Only stayed one night but had a great time. There's a cheap surf lesson group during the day which was really good and plenty of space on the hostel ground to chill. The Wi-Fi was down, which I hope they will fix but apart from that, this place was great. The owners remembered my name and were very helpful. There were also limited keys for rooms so I felt my stuff was a bit unsafe. Loved it here though!

Thank you so much for your valuable feedback. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and apologise for the wifi issues. Argghhh Technology!!! It's always a bit tricky! As for lockers, it is certainly something we are looking into but security is always a priority for staff at Cool Bananas and we are more than happy to lock valuables away in our storeroom. We offer this to all our guests. Take care and happy travels. Please pop in and say hi if you are ever back here again. Regards, Linda and Cary

• England, Male, 18-24
25th Nov 2016

Great hostel with absolutely awesome staff. Was only supposed to stay here 1 night, but had to book another 2 because it was so chilled and friendly. If you stay here, definitely do the surfing lessons/trips with Gnarly tours. Perfect for beginners or people who have surfed before!

WOW 10/10 - Fantastic! We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay so much! We appreciate your kind feedback and please know that your comments provide inspiration to continue serving the backpacker community. We love the industry and your comments are a big contributor to how we run our hostel. Safe and happy travels, please pop in and say hi if you are ever in Agnes again. Regards, Linda and Cary

20th Nov 2016

This place gets 10/10 just for the amazing family dinners and best crepes ever! I loved the atmosphere at this hostel and enjoyed meeting so many people. There are no lockers in the rooms, but I wasn't worried about anyone stealing anything. The owners are very kind and accommodating. Also, take surfing lessons with Lorenzo through Gnarly Tours! I hope to come back to Cool Bananas soon.

How wonderful! Thank you for such a lovely review and for taking time to provide valuable feedback for us. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and I'll be sure to tell Richard you enjoyed his dinners and crepes. Lorenzo continues to teach amazing surf lessons and is an asset to our Hostel team. Safe and happy travels, if you are ever on the east coast again, please drop in and say hi. Regards, Linda and Cary

• England, Female, 18-24
8th Nov 2016
7.7

I think for what you pay you should get a bit more. There are only 3 female showers for the whole hostel. No plugs by beds. Have to put on your own bedding as well which is annoyingly. But a clean hostel with friendly staff and $20 surf lessons pick you up from here.

Hi Naomi, thank you so much for your taking the time to provide feedback for Cool Bananas. As managers of the hostel, we pride ourselves in providing excellent service in a clean environment and an outstanding atmosphere. We were sorry to hear that you were disappointed with the bed service, however we are unsure of any hostel that provides a service of making your bed before you arrive. We do however make beds for those who arrive after 12pm so they can slip into bed when they come off the bus without disturbing the other dorm members. At an 80 bed hostel, we believe our 3 showers are more than adequate to service our guests and have not had any issues with this. Kind regards, Linda & Cary