Copenhagen Downtown Hostel Reviews

Vandkunsten 5, Copenhagen, Denmark

Very good place, with social area where it was easy to meet people. One thing: Don't know why you would warn us that we could lose or booking if we arrive late. 5pm and 8pm was both mentioned, but you are already guaranteed payment through booking on world.

SO LOUD every night, the entire night

This is a great hostel for meeting people! The reception is a bar, perfect! Only downside is the lack of showers meaning you'd often have to wait in line and they were usually dirty and the toilets wouldn't always flush. There's also a lack of lockers in the room. There are lockers available somewhere in the hostel but I was too lazy to find out where. Over all a great stay.

My roommate and I were at the CPH Downtown for about 5 days while we toured Copenhagen. We had arranged to stay in a large dorm room, but got upgraded to a 3 person private room, which worked out perfectly. I've stayed at a plethora of hostels since I started traveling a few years ago and CPH Downtown is easily the BEST hostel I've ever stayed in. The staff is friendly, helpful and efficient. Our room was clean and comfortable. The downstairs bar/common area is fabulous!

Only negative was a bit pricey. Great people awesome hostel, staff was great, free dinner, bar and lounge area made it easy to meet people and great place to chill and pregame before going out. Would recommend to anyone

Great Hostel simply the best hostel in Copenhagen I woluld know I've almost all of them. Great location just a stones throw from the main "walking street" Ströget. They offer a free dinner as well but be sure to be there early to get a seat.

Kopenhagen is a great city to travel to by yourself. You'll meet a lot of new people in these kind of hostels from all over the world. If you're looking for a place to sleep in Kopenhagen this is the place to be.

• 17th Jul 2014

I would say the Hostel stands out for its great bar, which is modern and cool. It is the heart of the place and in my picture the Hostel is a "sidedish": I had big problems with the description how to get there, very little Information is given. So I called four times to get help, noone answered the phone. When I arrived I got it: in a bar with loud music you won't hear it. I suggest to change that since it is not fun running around during the night and no help is given.

Nice hostel. Superb location! Reception was very slow though. This needs fixing.

Staff were super friendly! All you can eat breakfast was delicious. You can rent bikes and go on walking tours all from the hostel. Recommended!!

• 16th Jul 2014

Rooms were comfortable and the bar was a great common area. Free dinner was good but you do need to get there an hour earlier! Locker room was awkward to get to with big bags but good to have as an option.

Packed with young people, good music and overall quality. But no individual lockers for the guests, too few shared toilets/ showers, and breakfast not included. For lots of money one can buy an average buffet meal. Sometimes they offer an OK free hot meal in the evening for those who register early.

Honestly, dont look anywhere else. Ive been travelling for a while, and this is most likely the best hostel I have ever stayed in.

• 14th Jul 2014

Overall, very positive. My only complaints are that the free dinners are limited which means you have to be the table an hour ahead to reserve your spot. Second, there is a bell that rings in the early hours which can wake you up if you're a light sleeper. I recommend telling the staff that you want a quiet room so you are away from the noise.

• 13th Jul 2014

Relatively a standard basic hostel with fun interior design at the lobby. The down side will be be lack of toilet and showering place as there is only 4 showering/toilet at each floor.

Very popular place and there is always crowd. I can complain only about door on room where I stay. It was very hard to open it and with big noise. So every time when somebody come back (that night I have 4 travelers with me in this room) from city or from toilet it sound like braking in the room. Everything else was very, very nice....perfect location, clean place, reasonable price, lot of people with interesting stories..... Finally, my experience with this hostel is positive!

• 8th Jul 2014
  • Serbia

Had a great time, very easy to meet people as a solo traveler partly bc of their bar/lounge downstairs. Expensive breakfast, but worth it. Hard to find at first from the metro station, but then you get the hang of it. Would definitely go again. Good beds, overall quite comfortable. Not exclusively very young travelers, which was nice.

Stayed only for one night but the atmosphere was great and the place was really gorgeous! Showers were a bit small but clean and the staff was really helpful.

• 7th Jul 2014
  • Finland

Great spot to explore copenhagen. Bit noisy due to bar downstairs. Dorms extremely hot in summer

We should have stay longer...really nice place to stay.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7