Copenhagen Downtown Hostel Reviews

Vandkunsten 5, Copenhagen, Denmark

I would say the Hostel stands out for its great bar, which is modern and cool. It is the heart of the place and in my picture the Hostel is a "sidedish": I had big problems with the description how to get there, very little Information is given. So I called four times to get help, noone answered the phone. When I arrived I got it: in a bar with loud music you won't hear it. I suggest to change that since it is not fun running around during the night and no help is given.

Staff were super friendly! All you can eat breakfast was delicious. You can rent bikes and go on walking tours all from the hostel. Recommended!!

• 16th Jul 2014

Rooms were comfortable and the bar was a great common area. Free dinner was good but you do need to get there an hour earlier! Locker room was awkward to get to with big bags but good to have as an option.

Honestly, dont look anywhere else. Ive been travelling for a while, and this is most likely the best hostel I have ever stayed in.

• 14th Jul 2014

Overall, very positive. My only complaints are that the free dinners are limited which means you have to be the table an hour ahead to reserve your spot. Second, there is a bell that rings in the early hours which can wake you up if you're a light sleeper. I recommend telling the staff that you want a quiet room so you are away from the noise.

• 13th Jul 2014

Relatively a standard basic hostel with fun interior design at the lobby. The down side will be be lack of toilet and showering place as there is only 4 showering/toilet at each floor.

Very popular place and there is always crowd. I can complain only about door on room where I stay. It was very hard to open it and with big noise. So every time when somebody come back (that night I have 4 travelers with me in this room) from city or from toilet it sound like braking in the room. Everything else was very, very nice....perfect location, clean place, reasonable price, lot of people with interesting stories..... Finally, my experience with this hostel is positive!

• 8th Jul 2014
  • Serbia

Had a great time, very easy to meet people as a solo traveler partly bc of their bar/lounge downstairs. Expensive breakfast, but worth it. Hard to find at first from the metro station, but then you get the hang of it. Would definitely go again. Good beds, overall quite comfortable. Not exclusively very young travelers, which was nice.

Stayed only for one night but the atmosphere was great and the place was really gorgeous! Showers were a bit small but clean and the staff was really helpful.

• 7th Jul 2014
  • Finland

Great spot to explore copenhagen. Bit noisy due to bar downstairs. Dorms extremely hot in summer

We should have stay longer...really nice place to stay.

Enjoyed my stay at Copenhagen downtown, really cool layout and decor. Actually wish I could of stayed a bit longer than one night. Staff where really helpful and hiring a bike is cheap and easy. Rooms where spacey and bathrooms where nice. Got myself some merchandise in the form of a hat which i've rocking while travelling in the states. I have a list of my favourite hostels around the world and Copenhagen Downtown is now added, cheers Pete from Australia :)

the atmosphere is really nice and the hotel has a lot of international visitors which makes the stay way more interesting.

• 3rd Jul 2014
  • Austria

The hostel was in a good location and the bar/lounge had an excellent atmosphere. Loved the free dinner, although it was quite busy and we had to get there an hour early just to guarantee a spot. Met a lot of great people there and shared some memorable nights. The kitchen was too small for the amount of people using it, but we made it work. If you are looking for a place with energy and atmosphere, I definitely recommend this place. If you want something quiet, I would go elsewhere.

Great hostel, fun people (also the staff) and a great bar with cheap beer to hang out.

• 1st Jul 2014
  • Austria

A vibrant and lively atmosphere to be had here! Hostel is located a short distance from the central train station, main shopping street and other major attractions. Breakfast was a reasonably priced buffet and offered a wide selection. Free dinner in the evening; every evening was a great opportunity to meet new people. Bedrooms and shower facilities were decent - not the best but more than adequate. Staff are friendly and very helpful. Recommended.

Great place ideal location awesome facilities and extras love the free dinner idea staff are super nice and helpful. Highly recommend I want to go back!

Yeah this place is pretty cool! its a bit mainstream tho! fight you way through the 18 year old american "backpackers". id still go back there tho

Great hostel, great atmosphere. Only complaint is that in the morning you have to often wait in line for a bit for the bathroom/shower.

• 30th Jun 2014

Great vibe here at the bar. They also offer free dinner every night! Great way to meet people! Walking distance to everything you would want to see in Copenhagen.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7