Fabulous 4,715 Total Reviews
Fabulous 4,715 Total Reviews
Copenhagen Downtown Hostel Located at Vandkunsten 5, , Copenhagen.
Denmark
Copenhagen 1467 Vandkunsten 5
86% 4715
55.6760720 12.5742173
    Rooms available

• embolina
  • Wales, All Female Group, 18-24
24th May 2016

The hostel was very friendly and comfortable. The room I stayed in had a cool design in the style of a train carriage. Enjoyed the free communal dinner. Only problem I had was with the building work. It made it difficult to find the hostel on the first day and they builders started very early in the morning directly outside our window making us feel uncomfortable if we opened the window. There was also extensive building work going on inside. I think it would have been nice to have been warned.

24th May 2016

Staff, room, location, bar! Everything was great. I really love this place and wish I would have been able to stay for more then one night.

• England, Female, 18-24
23rd May 2016
7.7

Great atmosphere, good location, and friendly staff. Would recommend staying here. However, the rooms were incredibly hot and we were unable to fully open our window due to building work going on outside. Toilets and showers we not the cleanest but I guess that can be expected when they are shared between lots of people.

23rd May 2016
6.9

I paid the same amount for the Generator hostel about a two weeks before (we flew in and out of Europe through Copenhagen), and thought the other was a much better experience. It was cleaner, bathroom was ensuite, staff was super helpful. This one wasn't bad per say, just not on the same level even though it cost about the same.

22nd May 2016
6.3

This was one of the worst hostel experiences I have ever had. The exterior of the hostel was going through some sort of renovation so there was scaffolding along the entire side of the building which would have been fine accept construction would start at 630AM every morning. Not only was there extremely loud noises coming from the construction, but there were construction men walking on the scaffolding peering into our windows. Beware of the construction if you stay here!

• Australia, Male, 25-30
20th May 2016
4.0

No hot water both Friday and Saturday for our showers. Along with bad guests in our room, our door was broken so it wouldn't open or close without effort and a lot of sound. Making sleep difficult as guests moved in and out. One more issue was that there's a scaffold near the window making the room feel insecure as people along the corridor could enter our room through using the scaffolding. Good location and nice bar staff but otherwise not recommended and overpriced.

19th May 2016

Seriously, THE best hostel I've stayed in. Very clean rooms, nice bathrooms, real showers, it felt like home! The hostel was very secure, needing a key card to enter the building, your floor, and your room. Also, each bed has their own locker to secure your things in under the bed, provided you bring a padlock. The main floor has a pretty decent bar with good prices on drinks. Free dinner is also provided as long as you can get a seat. The food was great, and made for a good place to meet people

• Australia, Male, 31-40
18th May 2016

This place is awesome. No problems with the toilets (as I've seen in other comments). The atmosphere is great, the day bed in the bar is a great hangout spot and the free dinner and nightly happy hour are a win-win.

17th May 2016

This was my first stop on my backpacking trip as well as my first stop out of the USA. The directions from the metro station confused me a little bit and I got lost. Once I finally found the hostel I was crying. I kept trying to pull it together while I checked in but I couldn't. The staff was very understanding and gave me a free beer. The pub scene is so fun and all it takes is sitting down at the bar and within a minute you're having a conversation with a fellow traveler. Definitely recommend

16th May 2016

Had a good stay. There was construction during my stay and all the windows were pretty much boarded up. Made the room constantly stuffy. Restrooms smelled pretty often. Other than those two things, can't complain.