Copenhagen Downtown Hostel Reviews

Vandkunsten 5, Copenhagen, Denmark

The good: location, bar, lots of party people and friendly staff The bad: rickety bunks - my top bunk threatened to topple more than once. Also a lack of power points and bathrooms. The ugly: No way to shut out the noise of the aforementioned party people. Oh and that guy who came in at 5am and pissed on the dorm floor then passed out and forgot about it.

Staying here was an incredible experience. I would absolutely recommend it to anyone travelling!

A lot of noise at night till 2am from bar and cafes across the street

• 18th Sep 2014
  • New Zealand

Amazing hostel, definitely in the top 5 hostels I've ever stayed, if not the best. the staff was not as nice as I expected, except for a very sweet Spanish girl. But everything else was perfect. I think the free dinner should be better organized though. But I will definitely recommend this hostel, as a matter of fact; I already did :)

I've stayed in some questionably jam-packed hostel rooms, but this one felt particularly unfair. My bed (bunk bed) was situated in between two doors for the 10 people room, which meant there was absolutely no way I was able to sleep given the amount of opening and closing that happened and hallway light and sounds that came in with that. The shower facilities were moderate to a little uncomfortable, but the primary issue was that I barely checked out on time given the insane bathroom lines.

• 13th Sep 2014

A very nice hostel. Very well located and organized. No complaints.

• 13th Sep 2014

Very good hostel. Well located and clean. Not so much a party hostel, which I am happy about, but still a good atmosphere in the bar downstairs. I would recommend a stay here.

This is like a Hostel should be. Many young people lots of activities and nice staff! Loved my stay there.

It was very loud at night, even with earplugs. Stayed there on a Sunday and barely slept because of the noise. Staff seemed friendly and the atmosphere of the bar was good.

I loved my stay here! There is a free family dinner at 6:30pm every evening, which is a great opportunity to get to know other travelers. The hostel is also in a great part of town, and was about a 5-15 minute walk from everywhere we wanted to go. I also felt completely safe here, and as a woman that means a lot to me! I will definitely stay here again the next time I'm in Copenhagen.

Excellent hostel in a perfect location, easy to arrive from the station (about 10min walk). They serve decent (free!) dinner for a limited amount of people, there's also a burger shop nearby. In front of the Hostel is a nice square. The staff is friendly and the atmosphere really fun. Breakfast is ok but a bit expensive. My room was good and WiFi worked. Only downside is a shortage of bathrooms to number of guests, but the positive traits do make up for it.

Great place to stay! Unfortunately I was on a business trip and didn't have time to enjoy the great atmosphere and bar. Location was great, walking distance to everywhere and next to Tivoli. Staff was amazing!!

The hostel is awesome. The only thing they have to fix is the lack of sockets in the room to charge our devices.

Really well located hostel, nice staff and great atmosphere, free diner is good enough to help you save some money in this expensive city. Breakfast a bit overpriced. Nice facilities and kitchen with pretty much all you need,. Recomended hostel...

Great staff! There is a free dinner in the evening and breakfast (not included) is well worth the money. They have a nice kitchen to cook on your own terms too. I am a solo traveler and the common area makes it easy to meet people. There are not lockers in the rooms, but each room requires key card access. I would recommend this hostel to anybody.

nice hostel with great location. rooms are super small but clean, and very good atmosphere.

The Hostel is excellent. The atmosphere is amazing. They have free dinner almost every night. The staff are friendly, The restaurant is good, good food and drink, good price and the Hostel is very central. I recommend it.

Already did an evaluation with the hostel

We really enjoyed it here. Nice vibe, great staff, excellent location and reasonable beer/food prices. The rooms were adequate and clean. A very good effort from Downtown.

Overall nice place, close to main sights. Downside bar and reception is run by same people, very slow service. No security lockers or checking if you're a guest. everybody can come in and sit down. Free dinner every night if you're on time was good. rooms were very small but beds were okay. not enough showers per floor and the elevator didn't work properly. while i stayed fire alarm went off and there was no hot water. but still, nice place. Good atmosphere.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7