8.7
Fabulous 4,548 Total Reviews
8.7
Fabulous 4,548 Total Reviews
Copenhagen Downtown Hostel Located at Vandkunsten 5, , Copenhagen.
Denmark
Copenhagen 1467 Vandkunsten 5
87% 4548
55.6760720 12.5742173
    Rooms available

• Indonesia, Female, 18-24
26th Apr 2016

I stayed there for 2 days and one night, the crews were so friendly. I love the lounge area where i can lie down and chill for a bit. The free dinner was also great. The location is perfect! I enjoyed my stay in Downtown Hostel and will gladly recommend this hostel!!

• zahraamalias
  • Indonesia, Female, 18-24
24th Apr 2016

The location was a five out of five and the vibe was also awesome. The happy hour in the bar was a great place to meet people over cheap beer. I will definitely recommend this hostel. However, my bed was super creaky and the railing broke, the toilet in 6th floor was also constantly humming and annoying me, but this was a one off case and I guess I was just unlucky haha. Another issue was the lift, it only goes to level 5. If you bring a heavy case request a room in 1-5 floor only.

24th Apr 2016

Loved it, great vibe, great people, very clean, made a few friends, all in all, a good hostel experience.

• USA, Couple, 18-24
2.0

Completely Inflexible We had to cancel our reservation for a one night stay within 24 hours of booking due to an emergency surgery and they charged us full price for a room we never used. The management's lack of compassion added needless headache and expense to an already difficult vacation.

22nd Apr 2016

I arrived pretty late (1am), but was still AMAZED by the life going on there. The reception is near the bar, which is awesome and running up very late ! The staff was suuuuuper friendly, and even offered me an (epic) breakfast because the bed wasn't done (yes, they do your own bed lol, like your mommy used to do ^^). Anyway, I defenitively recommend this hostel for it's staff, location and atmosphere !

Thank you for this kind review. We are happy that you had such great time, and enjoyed our tasty breakfast, location and friendly staff. We hope we'll see you again. Cheers from Downtown team.

• USA, All Female Group, 18-24
19th Apr 2016
5.4

Below average hostel. Our room was two bunk beds with lockers under the beds...no mirror or any decor. Lots of construction going on during our stay and very loud in general, walls are paper thin. The bathroom situation is awful and doesn't make any sense for a hostel of this size. For each floor there are only three toilets/showers so there is always a long line even to brush your teeth. Try to stay in a in-suite room or at even another better hostel down the road.

Hi there thank you for your feedback. We are sorry that the room and facilities were not satisfactory for you, we do our best to make sure all our guests are happy with they stay. Regarding renovations, we had a lot of changes implemented in our rooms, including mirrors and decor, so we hope to be able to welcome you back another time and turn your experience around. Greetings and thank you!

17th Apr 2016

Great hostel, but they're currently under renovation, so the construction noise starting at 8am was a huge turn off for me.

Thanks for the review, and I am sorry that your stay was impacted by the construction work, but since it is all done now, and we renovated our rooms, each with individual and retro design, I honestly hope that you will decide to stay with us again, and give us a chance to offer you a truly great hostel experience.

• Japan, Female, 18-24
17th Apr 2016
7.1

Location is really good. Just middle of the city. Staff are friendly but are busy so I had to wait 10 or more when I needed their assistance. Rooms are clean but for bathroom and kitchen, they could be cleaner. But I definitely recommend this hostel as it values for that cheap price.

Thank you for your review. I am happy to see that you would recommend us to your fellow travelers. I am sorry that you had to wait at the reception, but our reception team dedicates time to every guest, to answer all of your questions, sometimes that means that there can be a line. We will have your comments about bathrooms and kitchen in mind and we'll do our best to improve. I hope we'll see you again. Martina

• Turkey, Female, 18-24
16th Apr 2016

Probably the best hostel I stayed in so far! Amazing people, amazing location, amazing breakfast ❤️

I am glad to see that you enjoyed your stay and thank you for the review. Hopefully your next visit will be even better. :)

• Silene_Mariana
  • Mexico, Female, 25-30
15th Apr 2016

It was a great hostel, nice free dinner where you can meet many people and the bar is really nice too. The only thing I would improve are the showers...more for each floor, but other than that it was perfect for a weekend stay. Thank you guys!