Copenhagen Downtown Hostel Reviews

Vandkunsten 5, Copenhagen, Denmark

Very good place, with social area where it was easy to meet people. One thing: Don't know why you would warn us that we could lose or booking if we arrive late. 5pm and 8pm was both mentioned, but you are already guaranteed payment through booking on world.

Great place to stay. I lost my key card; the staff sorted it no problem. I'm staying here for a return journey right now. The bar is great and relaxed and the rooms are comfortable, maybe a little warm, but it is summer! Spoken to many other travellers and they all said this place was one of the best. If you want the free meal (rare in Scandanavia) sit down early to avoid disappointment.

Great hostel, very friendly staff. Nice, clean rooms. I stayed in a 4-bed-room. It's a perfect hostel for people travelling alone. The free dinner and cosy bar are perfect to meet other travellers.

• 21st Jul 2014
  • Belgium

SO LOUD every night, the entire night

This is a great hostel for meeting people! The reception is a bar, perfect! Only downside is the lack of showers meaning you'd often have to wait in line and they were usually dirty and the toilets wouldn't always flush. There's also a lack of lockers in the room. There are lockers available somewhere in the hostel but I was too lazy to find out where. Over all a great stay.

My roommate and I were at the CPH Downtown for about 5 days while we toured Copenhagen. We had arranged to stay in a large dorm room, but got upgraded to a 3 person private room, which worked out perfectly. I've stayed at a plethora of hostels since I started traveling a few years ago and CPH Downtown is easily the BEST hostel I've ever stayed in. The staff is friendly, helpful and efficient. Our room was clean and comfortable. The downstairs bar/common area is fabulous!

Only negative was a bit pricey. Great people awesome hostel, staff was great, free dinner, bar and lounge area made it easy to meet people and great place to chill and pregame before going out. Would recommend to anyone

I really enjoyed my stay here. The atmosphere was very lively and friendly. The staff were all very accommodating. The location is pretty convenient as well. Breakfast is awesome, dinner was limited to a few tables only but if you'll get a chance to be part of the dinner circle, you'll be filled for sure.

• 17th Jul 2014
  • Philippines

Great Hostel simply the best hostel in Copenhagen I woluld know I've almost all of them. Great location just a stones throw from the main "walking street" Ströget. They offer a free dinner as well but be sure to be there early to get a seat.

Kopenhagen is a great city to travel to by yourself. You'll meet a lot of new people in these kind of hostels from all over the world. If you're looking for a place to sleep in Kopenhagen this is the place to be.

• 17th Jul 2014

I would say the Hostel stands out for its great bar, which is modern and cool. It is the heart of the place and in my picture the Hostel is a "sidedish": I had big problems with the description how to get there, very little Information is given. So I called four times to get help, noone answered the phone. When I arrived I got it: in a bar with loud music you won't hear it. I suggest to change that since it is not fun running around during the night and no help is given.

Nice hostel. Superb location! Reception was very slow though. This needs fixing.

Staff were super friendly! All you can eat breakfast was delicious. You can rent bikes and go on walking tours all from the hostel. Recommended!!

• 16th Jul 2014

Rooms were comfortable and the bar was a great common area. Free dinner was good but you do need to get there an hour earlier! Locker room was awkward to get to with big bags but good to have as an option.

Packed with young people, good music and overall quality. But no individual lockers for the guests, too few shared toilets/ showers, and breakfast not included. For lots of money one can buy an average buffet meal. Sometimes they offer an OK free hot meal in the evening for those who register early.

Honestly, dont look anywhere else. Ive been travelling for a while, and this is most likely the best hostel I have ever stayed in.

An amazing hostel. The atmosphere was so welcoming, and it was so easy to sit down beside anyone and become friends with them. I've never been to a hostel with such a fun bar!

• 13th Jul 2014

Overall, very positive. My only complaints are that the free dinners are limited which means you have to be the table an hour ahead to reserve your spot. Second, there is a bell that rings in the early hours which can wake you up if you're a light sleeper. I recommend telling the staff that you want a quiet room so you are away from the noise.

• 13th Jul 2014

Relatively a standard basic hostel with fun interior design at the lobby. The down side will be be lack of toilet and showering place as there is only 4 showering/toilet at each floor.

Very popular place and there is always crowd. I can complain only about door on room where I stay. It was very hard to open it and with big noise. So every time when somebody come back (that night I have 4 travelers with me in this room) from city or from toilet it sound like braking in the room. Everything else was very, very nice....perfect location, clean place, reasonable price, lot of people with interesting stories..... Finally, my experience with this hostel is positive!

• 8th Jul 2014