Copenhagen Downtown Hostel Reviews

Vandkunsten 5, Copenhagen, Denmark

The luggage room downstairs was unlocked from one end, open to anyone from the street, although the other door was locked. Really weird and unsafe. The reception was practically IN the hostel bar which caused a bit of a jam. Great backpacker vibe, if that's what you're looking for. Our twin bed room consisted of a narrow bulk bed and the bathrooms had obviously not been cleaned enough and smelled both of sewer and urine. C'mon guys! The facilities need some new paint and thorough cleaning.

Very nice, tiny, friendly receptionist and good location to reach the downtown.

• 22nd Jul 2015
  • South Korea

The bathrooms need to be cleaned up on 3 shifts, towels should be free of charge. Air freshers should be available at all times.

• 21st Jul 2015

A hostel trying way too hard to be cool to actually care for backpackers staying in. Collective rooms only have place for the said number of persons but not for their bags. Which means you'll spend your evening stepping over each other's stuff. Also that you'll be really really hot all night long. There's no lockers, unless you want to pay more (30 Kr for a tiny one). Room keys actually open all of the floor rooms. Breakfast is 65 Kr but It is a buffet so you can have a brunch and save money.

The hostel was great overall. It was clean and the staff was friendly. The only thing I would suggest is maybe adding more power outlets to the dorm rooms. In order to charge anything I had to reach under the bed of the person in the bunk below me which was disruptive to them and awkward for me! Other than that everything was great but people like to be able to charge their devices easily! I heard others in my room comment on the lack of outlets also..

Nice location in the city center, clean rooms and bathrooms. People are really helpfull and nice ! The bar with the hostel is also really cool, u can eat, drink or just meet travellers!

A very average hostel, but with a better than average bar. Some of the staff were unhelpful- quite poor service in the bar from some. I asked to change to a bottom bunk, and this was refused- I have stayed in many hostels where this request has been granted if the bed was free- I think the girl on reception was just too lazy to bother

More like a large hotel than a hostel but still nice. Good facilities, nice bar, and lots of other things to entertain yourself (you can even get a tattoo). Close to the train station, but with that you get a sketchy street crowd, so location isn't the best.

Overall great experience here. Rooms are comfortable and spacious. One downfall is there are no big lockers in the rooms; it was not a big deal but was something we were used to having at other hostels. Showers were a good size, there is happy hour and it was nice to have a breakfast option (good variety). Atmosphere was great to meet people. Would stay again!

great place WiFi was good great location. bar downstairs is pretty legit and they have a great happy hour. makes it easy to meet other travelers.

Only criticism would be the unsecured entry to the dorm areas (a fob would have been more secure), but aside from that we had a really good stay! The staff on reception were exceptionally helpful and the location was very central. Overall we enjoyed our stay and would use this hostel again the future :)

• 15th Jul 2015

The most fun hostel I've ever been to. I have no idea what the nightlife in Copenhagen is like because I was having too much fun at the bar.

The 4 person rooms are on the small side with no place to store/lock your valuables. I found the air flow poor so we opened the window, but then it was noisy from the bar downstairs until 2-3am. The free dinner feeds about 3/4 of the people so if you are not aggressive you will not get a full meal. In all, it was an ok stay but I think the place would be better suited for a young solo traveler or a group/family renting their own space.

Overall the stay here was fine. However, the lack of lockers in the rooms was disappointing for a hostel this size. Even though there is an hourly check sheet next to the bathrooms signed by employees, at times it was apparent the level of cleanliness they signed off on varied greatly. Also for those arriving in the evening having to fight through the wave of people at the bar with your bags to check in is a pretty poor setup for a reception area.

Stay was great. Staff were very friendly and helpful. Traveller alone and met some great people within minutes of arriving.

• 14th Jul 2015

Too much alcohol and drinking.

• 13th Jul 2015

The vibe of the hostel was great, and the location was perfect. The smell of the room wasn't great though, and the toilets could have been cleaner. But it was nothing major. However, our room was quite cramped considered the amount we paid.

I usually don't spent this much money on hostels, but I was only in Copenhagen for one night so I thought I'd splurge. This is by far the nicest hostel I've ever stayed at. The dorms are big, the bathrooms are clean, and the atmosphere is INCREDIBLE. Friendly staff too! 10 minutes after arriving I was settled in and having a beer downstairs with 5 great people I had just met. Definitely will stay here again.

The bar downstairs is great. Seemed to the most popular bar in Copenhagen so it was good for meeting people. And right in the center of everything. They could use more staff for how big and busy it is. And definitely need more bathrooms and showers per floor but they were immaculately clean. Overall, a great stay.

Really nice ambiance at the hostel!

• 10th Jul 2015