Copenhagen Downtown Hostel Reviews

Vandkunsten 5, Copenhagen, Denmark

This is an absolutely great hostel! You will meet lots of awesome people here!

This hostel really has to be one of the most over-rated hostels I've ever stayed at (and I've stayed at many!). It's resting on the fact that they've won a few awards, and now just seems to have a "you should be lucky to stay here" attitude. The staff seem to be reluctant to serve their guests, often moody and just generally unhappy, and any request seemed like a chore. You'll meet some great travellers here, and the location and facilities are good. It's the staff attitude that lets it down.

Downtown CPH was a great experience. I do think some of the female staff can be a little bit friendlier and more helpful. The hostel was clean which was important, I wish they provided some sanitizing wipes in the bathrooms however. The dryer in the bathroom was terrible and I could never imagine drying my hands with that. I do like they have a separate luggage room as well as free dinner every night (which I didn't attend).

• 25th Aug 2015

Simply great!

• 23rd Aug 2015
  • Spain

Fantastic, trendy hostel with super friendly staff and perfectly located. Highly recommend.

• 23rd Aug 2015

Excellent location and friendly helpful staff. The bar is great with cheap drinks and a happy hour. Not quite enough bathrooms and the area itself was quite noisy, but overall would highly recommend.

• 22nd Aug 2015

Saturday night was quite noisy, hardly got sleep.

• Turkey

Incredible bar and atmosphere. Very helpful staff and great hostel events. The most fun and best hostel I've stayed at.

Daniel was amazing And very helpful! Love breakfast too

We only stayed here 1 night - the hostel seemed really good with a good young fun atmosphere. The only thing that i was not keen on was the that the bathrooms were horrible. There is a sign up saying that they won 2015 cleaning of the year but the showers had black mould inbetween the tiles!

Definitely need mor toilettes and showers on every floor. Wi-fi was not so good as we could not get lots of services like whatsapp calls

Super close to everything, right in the center of downtown! Bar is fun at night, lots of young people. The breakfast is worth paying for, really great way to start the day!

My first stop in Europe set the bar really high for the rest of my trip. This hostel was perfect for making new friends and served as a perfect location for seeing what Copenhagen has to offer! I have nothing bad to say!

• 18th Aug 2015

'There is no such thing as a free meal'. This fiasco lets the hostel down. I much preferred the paid for meal at the Spot hostel Porto, prepared by trained young chefs who obviously enjoyed sharing their knowledge. It was also a good opportunity to meet & talk with new people, without the 'feeding frenzy' over flavoured pasta on a tea plate.

It was my first experience with a hostel, and I'm so glad it was with this one! The staff were amazingly helpful, the location was great, and I felt very safe.

• 18th Aug 2015

This hostel is an awesome place to stay if you want to meet new people and experience Copenhagen nightlife - it's super social and has a great bar, perfect location. However, the rooms and facilities could be better for what you pay each night. I was in a TINY 6-person mixed dorm but was the only girl there for 5 nights. Our room had a lingering sweaty stench. There's always a line for the floor bathrooms and they were also never properly cleaned. The staff was fine but not super friendly.

Perfect stay, great atmosphere and super friendly staff.

Probably the nicest hostel I've ever stayed out. There's a very social atmosphere and the free dinner was fantastic.

Great location near central station. Cool bar/cafe downstairs. Clean enough bathrooms. The room wasn't the coziest, but okey. Not enough power sockets in room and my reading light didn't work.

staff at the bar was slow. other than that, a great hostel. clean, good location and a very nice vibe. they have a big matrass-thing next to the bar, brilliant the day after :). would def stay here again.

• 14th Aug 2015