Copenhagen Downtown Hostel Reviews

Vandkunsten 5, Copenhagen, Denmark

Simply put, I loved my time at the Copenhagen downtown hostel. The hostel is in great location near the Tivoli gardens, and a very short walk from the train station. The staff was friendly, the atmosphere was open and welcoming, and the general caliber of my fellow hostel tenants was top notch. The worst part? That one guy in my room whose foot odor could have brought the dead back to life. Overall, I would absolutely recommend the downtown hostel to anyone passing through Copenhagen.

• 17th Oct 2014
  • Cos7a

Great hostel. Really cool vibe and close to everything. The staff were helpful and the free dinner was good the one night I had it. Bathrooms are okay and the bar was fun. Overall good value for money considering how expensive Copenhagen is. Would stay again

I would like to recognize this staff with beard for being so conscientious towards us. We were the last 3 being left out for the daily shared meal, however he somehow took a plate full of rice n veggie for us. The free shared meals which we ate are simple but very nice! We enjoyed the stay very much too. I would recommend others to stay there too. The direction to the hostel needs to be reviewed in a simpler way! Thumbs up!

• 13th Oct 2014
  • Singapore

The staff was great and very helpful. The main area was a great place to hang out and meet people, especially at the free dinners (get there early!) and happy hour (great deal on beer)! The rooms were small and they don't offer free breakfast (but they do a buffet for 65 DKK), otherwise great place to be! Perfect location to main sites, food and the train stations.

Amazing hostel, met so many nice persons. And thanks for the free dinner, that really is great value for the money. I miss it already.

• 10th Oct 2014
  • Sweden

Great location, comfortable and I slept well. Definitely caters to a younger crowd but I wasn't bothered by that.

long queing in front of toilet and shower /two small space to put my lugguge in the room. Stsff are really friendly and helpful/

• 6th Oct 2014
  • South Korea

The hostel is OK. Perks are good price, good atmosphere and free dinner (although I didn't try it). Downsides are that the rooms are very small (the smallest I have ever stayed in actually!) and there were only four bathrooms on my floor which meant there was a huge line for the bathrooms for about 30-40 minutes in the morning.

Everything was absolutely fantastic! The free dinners were amazing and a wonderful way to meet new people. Loved the atmosphere and really enjoyed my stay here. Loved the Happy Hour! All that being said every time I went to the toilet it seemed to be clogged...

• 4th Oct 2014

had a great weekend, very please with this hostel. location and the people were both great. thank you!

• 3rd Oct 2014

i have nothing to complain about. maybe the best hostel i have stayed in the europe. please come to cph downtown n u will hv the same feeling as me. plz noticed that there is no individual locker available in each room.

The atmosphere in this hostel is a-ma-zing! Free dinner every night, best way to make new friends. Rooms are nice and clean, perfect location. All together: best hostel i've been so far!

• 30th Sep 2014

The room and bathroom are good. There's wifi - my phone and tablet were able to connect to it, but for some reason my PC couldn't. They have laundry facilities, but there's 1 washer and 1 dryer, so you may have to wait in line. There's a party atmosphere at the bar downstairs, and it doesn't carry on into the rooms upstairs. The price is good. I would recommend staying here.

I absolutely LOVED this hostel. It was my first experience of staying in a hostel and it was the best stay. I meet some cool people and the staff were super friendly and always smiling. The hostel is trendy and inviting too. The music selection was dope! And the free meal was an added bonus! I would definitely come back to stay and recommend to friends. I wished I had more time to stay in Copenhagen just so I could stay at the hostel!!!

we have a 3 beds private room and the room is depressingly small like the size of a prison cell. There's not enough utensils in the kitchen & is difficult to work in, as it is tiny. The level of noise in this hostel is ridiculously irritating (its more than the typical noise from the street). There were drunken boys running around and screaming at the top of their lungs and this happened late at nights while others were trying to sleep. If your sleep before 2am, this is not the hostel for you.

The good: location, bar, lots of party people and friendly staff The bad: rickety bunks - my top bunk threatened to topple more than once. Also a lack of power points and bathrooms. The ugly: No way to shut out the noise of the aforementioned party people. Oh and that guy who came in at 5am and pissed on the dorm floor then passed out and forgot about it.

It's more of a party hostel than what I was looking for, but the staff were great all around and I met some cool people there.

Staying here was an incredible experience. I would absolutely recommend it to anyone travelling!

A lot of noise at night till 2am from bar and cafes across the street

• 18th Sep 2014
  • New Zealand

Amazing hostel, definitely in the top 5 hostels I've ever stayed, if not the best. the staff was not as nice as I expected, except for a very sweet Spanish girl. But everything else was perfect. I think the free dinner should be better organized though. But I will definitely recommend this hostel, as a matter of fact; I already did :)

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7