Copenhagen Downtown Hostel Reviews

Vandkunsten 5, Copenhagen, Denmark

I had a great time at the hostel--perfect location and great environment for travelers. I wish that the bathrooms had been a little cleaner (the floors were often wet since the showers were in the same space as the toilet) and my friend who was with me was a little nervous about leaving her bag in the storage closet after we checked out but before we left. Overall, I loved the hostel staff and would definitely recommend to a friend!

The hostel was very clean, and all of the dinners/breakfasts really encouraged everyone to get to know each other and chat. It was really nice.

• 5th Feb 2016

One of the best hostels I've ever visited. A warm welcome for me & my friends, a bar with discounts for guests and an amazing atmosphere, open untill 5AM. Also good security with multiple card checks to reach the rooms (+ large lockers). Free city tours started at the hostel, which led to a nice pub crawl. Clean sanitary facilities and a super location to top it all off. If I go to CPH again, I'll definitely stay there again. RECOMMENDED!

It was a very nice stay !! I will recommand it to my friends and i would like to return !

I would definitely recommend this hostel and I will definitely be staying again! The atmosphere is amazing. The staff are so friendly and helpful and the bar set up is perfect for meeting other travellers.

Excellent service enjoyed my one night stay

• 1st Feb 2016
  • British Virgin Islands

The hostel was lovely and clean. Great value and fantastic location in the middle of the city! Could have used more toilets and showers but made do :)

• 29th Jan 2016

It was pretty noisey, windows aren't doubled glazed. Music and noise from pub went on till 5 !

• 29th Jan 2016

Undergoing renovations at the moment, but I absolutely loved this hostel. There is a breakfast buffet, free dinner, and happy hour downstairs in the bar downstairs. Moreover, free walking tours visit twice a day, and they have live music every week. The atmosphere is amazing; it's a great place to meet new people. Not to mention it's in a great spot in downtown Copenhagen (not too far from main sights + central station). I can't say enough good things about this hostel.

The evening vibe was terrific and the staff was great!! They worked so hard to keep things clean. Constantly picking up after everyone. I will definitely come back! Downfalls: people were really loud, even after "curfew". The toilets has some issues flushing. The baggage room didn't feel as secure as I was hoping.

Great hostel and great staff.....the only thing I would change is I would make happy hour for 2 hours...7-9. It would help add to a social environment

Good hostel, great location, friendly staff. Breakfast a bit of a rip off though. While the bar is great for meeting people if you're on the lower floors it can be very loud at night. Also a lot of loud construction work going on. Weird older guy in my room which was a tad disconcerting but otherwise good.

dirty rooms, dirty bathrooms, rooms in a different building from the reception, work in progress in the floor with a lot of noise in the early morning, no towels, wifi damaged, disaster hostel...i travelled in europe and Australia...worst hostel ever visited

• 25th Jan 2016

The hostel seemed nice enough, and the price was okay for Scandinavia. My experience was a bit tainted however with an incredibly rude woman on reception at the time of check in. She may have been having a bad day, but it put me off the hostel the rest of the time. Also, the breakfast is ridiculously expensive - surrounding cafes have much better deals.

The rooms of the hostel where ok! The same the bathrooms! I didnt like the attidude of the woman with black hair at the reception. She was pretty rude and unhelpful. Also there is not a single place to sit and relax quietly. Practically there is no living room only tables of a restaurant and in order to meet someone you have to wait in the bar and drink. Not really fasinated by the atmoshere of this hostel

Thanks for the feedback. We are deeply sorry to hear if you experience rudeness from our staff since it is pretty unusual for us. Mind that our check in time is at 14:00 and when arriving before time we cannot guarantee access to the room, we dot mean to be unhelpful. Regarding the space, we do have a lounge area with a bed to chill, dinning room area, bar area and a whole floor downstairs with tables, sofas and benches, did you check it out? Let us know if you come back, we would love to make our best for you to have a great time here. Cheers from Downtown Team

The hostel has no heat and the water and building is freezing. There is no common area for anyone to hang out in, only a bar. While that sounds fine, you are forced to buy from their alcohol if you want to drink and they do not let you drink your own alcohol anywhere else in the hostel. What hostel prevents you from bringing in your own alcohol and makes you purchase their own overpriced booze? They also yell at you if you bring your own food there so THERE IS NO PLACE TO EAT!!

its ok if you need it for one and only one night. metro station was kinda far. dude inside the room smoking. staff were helpful and nice tho.

Very lovely and cozy environment! Only wish there were lockers in the rooms. Everything else was splendid!!

• 18th Jan 2016

Incredible hostel with everything you could ask for 24/7. Loved that the ground had cushioning making the sounds muffled when needing to move things. Only criticism would be the slight musty smell from the bathrooms, although during winter I expect it's hard to keep this fresh without freezing everyone to death. As a woman alone travelling alone I felt safe and secure during my entire stay there.

The stay was great. We arrived before 2pm and they let us straight into the room. The staff were very helpful with maps and directions and also good suggestions for places to eat on any budget. The room was simple but had all the necessities. The bathrooms flooded on the first morning, but the staff attended to it promptly. It is easy access to all sightseeing. Have great free walking tours daily. The bar and club had great atmosphere. Meet amazing people here.

• 15th Jan 2016