Copenhagen Downtown Hostel Reviews

Vandkunsten 5, Copenhagen, Denmark

Worst staff ever. The bed was soiled with pubic hair and after requesting for the sheets to be changed multiple times. When it was time to sleep, some stranger had taken my bed. Staff suggested I sleep in the train station as they were fully booked.

Thoroughly enjoyed my stay. Beds were comfortable, rooms and facilities very clean and tidy.

It would have been good to have been able to use lockers free of charge if you bring your own lock, or to have had lockers in the dorm rooms. Other hostels do this and it seems like a simple system. People who are traveling will always have valuable items have money and passports, it seems crazy that a hostel doesn't have the facilities for these. I never leave my valuables in my room or dorm so I had to carry them with me all day. This would deter me from staying here again.

Very great place to get socialized. But this is NOT a hostel. It is more like a bar with sleeping facilities. They even use the same reception area with bar. 24 hour check-in is available with the staff who is too busy to explain anything about the facilities and give only one key left for four of us. The sleeping area js REALLY SMALL. The noise from the outside, which means people from first floor bar, is crazy. I do not understand why this hostel is overrated. But really nice location though.

This is an absolutely great hostel! You will meet lots of awesome people here!

Just in the heart of kobenhavn.

• 27th Aug 2015
  • Spain

Not enough shower and toilet facilities on 6th floor.

• 27th Aug 2015
  • All Male Group, 25-30

This hostel really has to be one of the most over-rated hostels I've ever stayed at (and I've stayed at many!). It's resting on the fact that they've won a few awards, and now just seems to have a "you should be lucky to stay here" attitude. The staff seem to be reluctant to serve their guests, often moody and just generally unhappy, and any request seemed like a chore. You'll meet some great travellers here, and the location and facilities are good. It's the staff attitude that lets it down.

Downtown CPH was a great experience. I do think some of the female staff can be a little bit friendlier and more helpful. The hostel was clean which was important, I wish they provided some sanitizing wipes in the bathrooms however. The dryer in the bathroom was terrible and I could never imagine drying my hands with that. I do like they have a separate luggage room as well as free dinner every night (which I didn't attend).

• 25th Aug 2015

Simply great!

• 23rd Aug 2015
  • Spain

Fantastic, trendy hostel with super friendly staff and perfectly located. Highly recommend.

• 23rd Aug 2015

Excellent location and friendly helpful staff. The bar is great with cheap drinks and a happy hour. Not quite enough bathrooms and the area itself was quite noisy, but overall would highly recommend.

• 22nd Aug 2015

Saturday night was quite noisy, hardly got sleep.

Incredible bar and atmosphere. Very helpful staff and great hostel events. The most fun and best hostel I've stayed at.

• 22nd Aug 2015

Daniel was amazing And very helpful! Love breakfast too

We only stayed here 1 night - the hostel seemed really good with a good young fun atmosphere. The only thing that i was not keen on was the that the bathrooms were horrible. There is a sign up saying that they won 2015 cleaning of the year but the showers had black mould inbetween the tiles!

Definitely need mor toilettes and showers on every floor. Wi-fi was not so good as we could not get lots of services like whatsapp calls

Super close to everything, right in the center of downtown! Bar is fun at night, lots of young people. The breakfast is worth paying for, really great way to start the day!

My first stop in Europe set the bar really high for the rest of my trip. This hostel was perfect for making new friends and served as a perfect location for seeing what Copenhagen has to offer! I have nothing bad to say!

• 18th Aug 2015

'There is no such thing as a free meal'. This fiasco lets the hostel down. I much preferred the paid for meal at the Spot hostel Porto, prepared by trained young chefs who obviously enjoyed sharing their knowledge. It was also a good opportunity to meet & talk with new people, without the 'feeding frenzy' over flavoured pasta on a tea plate.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7