Copenhagen Downtown Hostel Reviews

Vandkunsten 5, Copenhagen, Denmark

Had an outstanding stay. Thanks.

• 23rd Feb 2015

First, our foods in a fridge were stolen even if we wrote down our name and date of leaving. But there was no camera that's why we didn't know who stole it. We got a breakfast for free after we told to the staff. So it was OK. Second, we had a trouble in our room, but the front guy thought we couldn't speak English because of Asian face. That's why he wasn't polite. We've never had like these experience so that we didn't feel comfortable. But this location is nice, and rooms are clean.

Fantastic hostel in downtown Copenhagen. Very close to everything. Free dinner in the evening. They rent their own bikes parked conveniently in front of the hostel. Would definitely stay there again.

Really fun, definitely a party hostel and extremely centrally located. Staff is very helpful and the food and drinks are good and cheap. There is always a party going on which is fun but can be a bit loud.

The hostel was in a great location, had a great atmosphere, and the staff were extremely helpful. The only thing negative I have to say about the hostel is that no lockers were provided. They had lockers in the basement but for a fee.

• 19th Feb 2015

Booked a 4-dorm private room. Everything good except the bathrooms. They were out of paper, smelled pee, wet floor and suddenly the water stopped working as i was going to wash my hands. Wifi works but you feel like you're on 2g. With a Nokia. From the 70s.

Tiny room, bathroom was so small I couldn't actually sit on the toilet, weird atmosphere that wasn't very personal (I think the hostel is a victim of its size). This is somewhere to stay for the location, not much else. Would probably suit 18-21 year olds best.

Hi, so bad you had this experience. We would have loved to meet you so that you have told you more about what is going on,. Free walking tours, happy hour, nice parties every evening and a lot of interesting people to meet from many countries. We are so focused on the staff ratings and more then 9 out 10 top rates our service. So you must have been unlucky anyway hope to see you again soon :-)

Really great experience! Cool hostel lounge room, boppin bar, wicked staff, great drink specials and perfect location! My friends and I were there for Valentines Day and we got free cheesecake and champagne from the hostel! All round great weekend away! Will definitely be back again soon!

The so called twin ensuite was a shower head directly over the toilet. So everywhere was wet if we tried to use that shower. Very clean hostel. Bar downstairs was good and breakfast was good. They could of advertised pub crawls or even the hostel themselves I think would do well to organize their own pub crawl. Plenty of people around would be keen to do it. Room prices aren't cheap but I guess nowhere else in Copenhagen is either

The rooms where ok, but without lockers inside. The bathrooms weren't very clean and not very worm, as it was winter time. The bar was really great with good food and drinks! Also the free dinner was great! And I also like the fact that the bar area and rooms are well separated, so you don't have noisy rooms at night!

The hostel has an amazing bar which is a perfect place to meet other travellers, but the atmosphere of the hostel was weird overall. I did not have the best roommates and if you are about to book a room here take jnto consideration that this is what I consider a "party hostel". People will get late at your room and I even found puke on the floor when I was going back to sleep. Staff is amazing, very friendly and warm!

Great atmosphere, the best!

Had to make my own bed (put sheets on quilt and pillows) when I got there. Didn't leave a towel in the room for me. It was also a bit ridiculous about the price of breakfast.

• 8th Feb 2015

Hi thanks for your review at Copenhagen Downtown Hostel we make all the beds for our guests and there are also a towels in the private rooms. In the dorms they can be picked up in the reception. I think you confuse us with somebody else, Anyway thanks for your input

Don't bother about booking an ensuite as you will never use it our toilet didn't flush, and the shower is directly above the toilet. Very strange. Although the communal showers and toilets are some of the best I have seen. Although could see them getting very busy with long queues in peak times. Also your reception is seriously slow, I stood at the counter for about 15 mins before anyone asked if I needed anything. The staff seemed to busy chatting amongst themselves.

• 6th Feb 2015

Very clean and fun hostel. Easy to meet people. Just lacking a lot of facilities in the kitchen making it hard to eat as twice there wasn't enough bowls and mugs... But overall a great stay and highly recommends

Great hostel. Great beds, atmosphere, staff, security etc. Only don't bother to take the 3 pers ensuite (and pay more) because it's totally not worth it. The ensuite bathroom is a laugh were the showerhead is fixed and pointed at the toilet (2x1 meters would be pushing it). Furthermore the 3rd bed is a stretcher (although great quality) and leaves no room to walk around.

Downtown is an excellent hostel. Nice rooms, comfy beds, great breakfast, free dinner (though you need to sit down early!), and very friendly staff.

• 5th Feb 2015

I stayed at Copenhagen Downtown Hostel sadly just for a night, but the staff and atmosphere were amazing. So far it is the best hostel that i've ever stayed. I m planning other trips to Copenhagen just to spend time in this hostel ^^ :)

Location is perfect. Staff are super friendly and knowledgeable. Great bar; for an expensive city like Copenhagen the Happy Hour deal is a bargain! Free nightly meal was filling and a great way to socialize. One of my favorite hostels I've stayed in.

The common area and staff are what make this place really fantastic. There is a happy hour every night as well as a free dinner in the common area. The breakfast they offer in the morning is delicious and totally worth it. The front desk staff is lovely and extremely helpful and friendly. The rooms on the other hand leave a little bit to be desired. There aren't lockers in the rooms but downstairs in the basement. The 6 person room was a bit cramped but the beds were clean and warm.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7