Copenhagen Downtown Hostel Reviews

Vandkunsten 5, Copenhagen, Denmark

Second time staying here and still love it! Even the most introverted person would find it hard not to make a friend or two here, always easy to meet people at the bar and always upbeat! Location couldn't be better and bike hire is a must and very good value. The fussiest person would probably say the showers are a little messy because it's such a busy hostel and there is no locker in the room for valuables. Staff are great and always ready to answer your questions or just have a good chat.

Stayed 2 nights in a 4 bed dorms. The hostel was great, clean, good location, wonderful staff. Felt very cosy and friendly. For example, when our doorlock was jammed they offered the entire room free breakfast, which is really great of them. You can hear the music from downstairs till around 1 am, but it's not ao loux anx for me wasnt a big deal. Great alue for money, especially for a big hostel in a big city. Will come back

This was my favorite hostel throughout my journey of Europe. The staff were by far the most fun and helpful group, and there was always something fun to do and easy to meet other travelers. Shout out to Arielle for cleaning my shirt! Holla!

Overall my experience at CPH downtown was a positive one! Firstly the staff were second to none and really have so much energy and positivity and were so friendly they became a big part of my memories there. I LOVED the cushions at the front and loved to sunbathe there with a drink chatting people up or be hung-over there. The two bars were a downside, it caused a big divide and more people were upstairs and I loved being downstairs with the music. This hostel does the best White Russians!!!

I found some of the things about my room (514) frustrating. The bed I was given was very high up and the small light couldn't be turned on until you were fully onto the bed. So this meant that unless you wanted to wake everyone up by turning the main light on then you ended up climbing onto a 6ft high bed in the dark. I could have used my phone to guide me but....the plug points were all on the other side of the room and couldn't be reached from the bed. Also the curtains were very thin.

The hostel was good. Not having lockers in the 4 bed room sucked as we had to keep going downstairs for stuff. The hostel atmosphere is nice. The bed however was extremely uncomfortable and I have had my share of nights in hostels. The free pasta every night was nice especially since the city is pretty expensive.

It's a really good hostel just the cleaness that was a little bit bad, the toilet was dirty every time when I needed it.

It is the first hostel where the bar is available all night and people was really nice and helpful I was surprise because I do not have any issue with the language at the hostel someone from the staff talk Spanish :)

• 13th May 2015
  • Mexico

Loved my time here!

Fantastic hostel, tasty breakfast (not free), free dinner was a great bonus and very fun (you have to show up half an hour early but it is worth it) and facilities were clean.

we only stayed one night but we found it very homey. loved the cafe/common area. and free dinner as opposed to free breakfast was great because it allowed you to meet people. the bar in downstairs was pretty fun with live music. there was only 4 in a 6 bed dorm. overall very pleasant stay.

I was here for one day after a transatlantic cruise because I didn't want to pay $150 a night for a room. This place was great.

Helpful staff, cheap breakfast, great evening hangout, and good location for all the tourist stops.

Absolutely brilliant hostel, great vibes friendly staff, great live music and free dinners are super fun way to meet people. Cheap drinks and funky designs. Highly recommend for all 18-30 year old travellers!

Perfect place to use as a base to explore Copenhagen. Staff is great, enthusiastic and supportive, very nice vibe around the bars, nice music and great atmosphere! Food is decent and it's very cheap for what you get if you stay in a 4-6 persons dorm. It all looks quite new so if you're looking for a fun and modern bar where you can also sleep, pick this place! :)

• 10th May 2015

I really loved the atmosphere at this hostel, and the staff were so helpful and fantastic. I had never traveled alone in another country before, and the woman who worked there was great and helped me find some cool people and things to do. I love the bar area downstairs, the decor is a lot of fun, and they even offer free diner every night. It's also a pretty great location and it is easy to walk to most places. I wish I could have stayed more than one night!

Had the most amazing time here! Perfect place for meeting people (especially for myself as a solo traveller), with plenty of relaxed space to chill out (really like the bean bag line outside!) The free dinners were fairly nice, good location and friendly staff. Only thing is the luggage storage isn't the most secure...if your things get stolen it's just tough luck. But apart from that excellent place to stay!

This hostel made me feel like I was at home in Copenhagen. I would highly recommend this place and its staff and I would proudly return there on my next trip.

Great location! In the middle of the city center, 10 minutes away from nearest metro/train. Easy to get to and easy to find awesome things to do nearby. Staff is really nice and there is a free dinner every night. They also organize fun events for the guests. The common area is cool too and has beds and places to hangout away from your room. Also a nice bar and cool comfortable seats outside.

• 8th May 2015

Great bar, great live music, we loved the room downstairs with the swings, very clean facilities, very nice atmosphere and staff

• 7th May 2015