Copenhagen Downtown Hostel

Fabulous 6124 Total Reviews
Fabulous 6124 Total Reviews

• New Zealand, Male, 25-30
24th Feb 2017

Great hostel. Wish the private room for 3 had been larger - was quite cramped with 3 people. Good atmosphere overall and very handily placed for the centre of town.

• Canada, Female, 18-24
21st Feb 2017

Probably one of the best hostels I've stayed in. Great downtown location with card key access so very safe and secure. The reception area is apart of the bar but they are super helpful and always around. The hostel had a great vibe, and the nightly activities such as live music was such a treat.

20th Feb 2017
7.1

This hostel is a very social hostel. They have a bar as their living space. The rooms are nice and clean. They also have quality bunk beds that allow for privacy and they don't make noise when someone turns. I also loved that every bunk bed had a light and a plug!! Fantastic! We enjoyed ourselves and the location is pretty good if you are looking to enjoy the free walking tours- which I highly recommend! You do have to pay for luggage storage and they only have one laundry machine.

20th Feb 2017

Great hostel! Awesome bar area and hangout space downstairs. Very easy to meet new people. Comfortable beds. Amazing location. No complaints at all!

• USA, Male, 18-24
17th Feb 2017

I really enjoyed my four night stay at the Copenhagen Downtown Hostel. I stayed in a six person mixed room which I liked. I was surprised by how much alcohol was in there when I entered the room at first. The hostel is very close to the central square and other main sights. It's also a short walk from the metro station. This hostel has a bar which is great especially since the bartender gave my group of new friends two free liters of beer as we were playing a drinking game! Great place!

• Netherlands, Female, 18-24
16th Feb 2017

I absolutely loved this hostel! The staff were helpful, the bar made it easy to meet fellow travellers and the food and drinks were pretty good! The only thing I disliked about the hostel were the showers. In the mornings the water would be burning hot (no way you could stand under that), at night it would be ice cold and they were dirty.. Furthermore there would be music playing till at least 3 o'clock, which for me wasn't a problem - yay to earplugs! - but it may be something to keep in mind.

Dear Guest, we appreciate you taking the time to comment on our hostel. We are so happy the staff made your stay as enjoyable as possible and that you enjoyed excellent atmosphere in our bar. Regarding the hot water in the morning, we usually take care of those matters immediately, and we apologize if you had bad experience because of it. We look forward to your return. Best wishes, Downtown team :)

• England, All Male Group, 18-24
16th Feb 2017
7.7

Semi-decent hostel on top of a kicking bar/club area. Very dirty. Showers were vile! Great location though. Very easy to meet people, drinks tad overpriced. Loud.

Thank you for taking the time to describe your stay with us. We're sorry you weren't completely satisfied with the cleanliness of our hotel. We'll pass on your feedback to our housekeeping staff. We have great offers at our bar for the guests staying with us, and we are sorry you found it a bit pricey. We hope to have you back here soon. Best regards, Downtown team!

• Canada, Female, 18-24
14th Feb 2017
8.0

Great bar, super helpful staff, and walking distance to most places including the train station. Not the cleanest hostel ever but that's really the only downside.

Thank you so much for your great review, especially for your kind words about our staff :) As for the cleanliness, we are sorry to hear that, I will forward your comments to our housekeeping team. We hope you'll choose to stay with us again soon :) Regards, Martina

13th Feb 2017

The hostel was mostly fine - friendly and helpful staff, perfect location. However, I think more attention should be given to maintenance: my locker was broken, so was the power outlet by my bed. However, the staff kindly let me move to another room. In this one, the lights by the desk were not working and when we turned the heater on, water started running in the pipes, making terrible noise. It did not stop even if we turned the heater off, so it was very difficult to sleep.

• Switzerland, Couple, 25-30
13th Feb 2017

First receptionist in 5 hostel to ask us if we had a godd stay! And on top of that it was indeed a really nice stay. Definitively recommand to anyone for copenhagen. We stayed in generator as well but there is no comparison, downtown is way better.

Dear Guest, thank you for your wonderful review. We hope to see you soon again. Cheers from Downtown team :)