Copenhagen Downtown Hostel Reviews

Vandkunsten 5, Copenhagen, Denmark

The stay was great. We arrived before 2pm and they let us straight into the room. The staff were very helpful with maps and directions and also good suggestions for places to eat on any budget. The room was simple but had all the necessities. The bathrooms flooded on the first morning, but the staff attended to it promptly. It is easy access to all sightseeing. Have great free walking tours daily. The bar and club had great atmosphere. Meet amazing people here.

• 15th Jan 2016

I stayed here in a 3 bedroom private with two friends. Probably the worst hostel I have stayed in. The room itself barely accommodated three guests. I would've been able to put up with this if it hadn't been for the loud music on the weekend until 2am, the bell tower going off seemingly at random, the walls being paper thin and the construction in the hostel both mornings. One of the mornings after an awful sleep we woke to our levels floor being removed. Will not stay again. Ever.

• 15th Jan 2016

Thanks for the input. We are sorry to hear you didn't have the great experience we are so keen on providing. We do apologise about all the inconveniences that you had during your time here. Although we may had not been able to fix all during your stay time, front desk is 24/7 and it's important for us to get your feedback asap to act on it. Also mind that all the room construction is been made in order to fix all of those issues you mentioned including the sound. We would love to have you back so you can check our improvements yourself. Cheers from Downtown Team

Very noisy, people yelling and playing music in the halls didn't stop until 330 in the morning. There was also construction that started in the morning, along with uncomfortable beds. You will not get much sleep there.

• 15th Jan 2016

Great hostel. The bar in the basement is excellent, with well priced beer and drinks. The lounging area was very nice. The free meal was nothing special but better than nothing, and makes it easy to meet other travellers. The staff is excellent. I stayed in a 4 person mixed dorm which was really nice because the beds are very solid so you don't hear the other people in the room which was nice.

What a great hostel! A really welcoming atmosphere in which to meet fellow travelers, a cozy common room and restaurant/bar area, and fairly comfortable beds. :) The location was good, staff friendly, and the value for money pretty good for a city like Copenhagen. Free dinner every night if you get there early enough! And a delicious breakfast, not free, but worth it.

Great atmosphere, the rooms were a bit small though (we stayed in a 6 bed dorm) which made it hard for us to open our luggage.

Friendly staff, clean and central

• 13th Jan 2016

This place is great! Environment absolutely friendly and the staff are awesome.. Shut out to Eliman-- he was awesome :) Highly recommend this hostel!

BEST HOSTEL AND VIBES IN COPENHAGEN! You get what you pay for in terms of facilities in your room. We had a 3 bedroom private ensuite and it was very basic, but the downstairs more than made up for it! The bar stays open until 5am, the staff are brilliant, the music is great and 'happy hour' can't be beaten. Central location with everything on your doorstep, rent a bike downstairs and go out and explore (also THE perfect hangover cure!).

• Scotland
  • All Male Group, 18-24

really nice and helpfull staff. The bar is cosy and a great place to meet people. There were too few toilets which led to queuing in the morning.but overall a great place to stay

• Belgium

Really good hostel, great location and great people (both staff and guests). My room was on the 4th floor and the lockers were in the basement so I didn't bother using them on this trip and carried my valuables with me. I overheard one of the girls saying there were 15 lockers and there must be at least 200 beds in this hostel so if a locker is really important for you ask about it in advance. Copenhagen is ridiculously expensive! *Tivoli Gardens closed until April 2016 for construction

• 11th Jan 2016

The staff were very nice and the location is good. But I found the cleanliness of the rooms to be disgusting to the point of feeling uncomfortable just being in the room. The mattress of one the beds in our private room had large blood stains. The bathroom had some black mold growing above the sink. I was woken up in the middle of the night due to other guests outside being so loud and drunk (even though the room is on the third floor). Overall I would not stay here again or reccomend it.

The kitchen and the location were very good!the bar was very crowded. The room was terrible !it was impossible to sleep with those squeaky beds!and I sleep veeery easily !the bathrooms git wet after the first shower because there were no curtains. I would probably come back because of the excellent location ,but I'm disappointed

Great rooms and lovely people.

I loved the restaurant they had on the bottom floor. It easy to meet people and socialize. The "free dinner" they provide is only to the first 40 people, and you have to arrive at least an hour early... it was a simple rice dish. From the description it seemed like a dinner buffet of some sort. Also, the staff and everyone were really nice. When I was there the temperature was below freezing.. the cleaning staff left the windows open during the day and the heaters didn't work very well...

At night sometimes a bit nosy but overall it's a good hostel to stay in

• 8th Jan 2016

The positive: - The rooms and fit out is fresh and quite cool - The location is very central - Most staff were really lovely and helpful The negative: - I needed ear plugs to sleep - "Free dinner" was impossible, they limited the amount of plates to about 20 - Don't expect a feed. - The shared kitchen was small and busy, cups etc were tricky to come across - The bathrooms were a bit yuck - some truly unforgettable things were seen. If I was 19 and with a few mates I'd love it.

• 8th Jan 2016

It's a very large hostel. I wasn't keen on the service and I felt like it's a place a lot of people go in groups, So I found it complicated to relate to others. The good thing is the bar serves good drinks for the price. I understand why people would stay there, but it's not a place for me.

This hostel is clean, friendly and safe. They have a nice bar, nice amenities, and the staff is very helpful. My only concern is that the music bass travels all the way to the 3rd floor of the private room I stayed in. In addition the street noises (people screaming) penetrate through also. I do not want to wear earplugs in a private room.

Everything was pretty great.

• 7th Jan 2016