Copenhagen Downtown Hostel Reviews

Vandkunsten 5, Copenhagen, Denmark

Nothing to complain about, it's a great place to stay ! All you need at the best price !! Thank you all :)

• 28th Dec 2014

Very convenient location. It was kind of annoying that they told me I had to switch rooms for the last night, I packed up went to reception and turns out that was no longer true. No big deal but a waste of time. Good value for money if you get the free dinners, but for New Year's Eve they charged 2.5x the usual price, which was about 75 USD for the night. I know it's a holiday and that hikes of prices and all but that was really steep. Thus I give a poor rating for value! Wifi wasn't great too.

The hostel was nice as was most of the staff, but many of the guests were completely horrendous.

• 27th Dec 2014

very good location. But to me, it was too loud. They provide free dinner but there is no enough space for people. I stayed in 6mix dorm and the room was too small. Kitchen was also too small and not so clean.

Stayed there during Christmas. They have a very good happy hour, very happy and they also have a free dinner every night! On Christmas one of the staff dressed as Santa Claus and started giving everyone gifs. Really nice!

Room was a little bit small, but the hostel is awesome, with nice people and best atmosphere ever expierienced!

Wonderful hostel! Very clean, great location (right next to the central train station and downtown shopping areas), and very active. The staff is so welcoming and helpful and the common area\bar is great for meeting people if you're a solo traveler or if you just want to make friends. Would recommend 10 out of 10!!

Great hostel and great people staying and working there! Loved it and would definitely stay there again! One small comment on the hairdryers, they either didn't work or blew cold air. Other than that great place for sure!

some staff very service minded and others totally uninterested in helping costumers. But the hostel is really nice with many different travelers, nice beers and many board games. Perfect place for having a good time!

The "Free Dinner" information they share is not completely honest. Although the dinner was great and free, it was only for the first forty people to arrive. In a hostel with over a hundred people, this meant competition and many people left out. Dinner was served at 6:30pm - At one point some roommates said they'd arrived at 5:00pm and still could not find a seat. So the true option was: get free dinner and spend two hours sitting to guarantee it, or enjoy your day and pay for dinner

The room is too small. TOO SMALL. The idea of free shared dinner is very nice.

Good choice at all.

Loved this hostel! I was traveling alone and it's great for that -- creates a social atmosphere by having WiFi only in the downstairs; the bar in the main room; and the FREE dinners that help you connect with fellow travelers. I had the most amazing stay there, met some great friends and had an absolute blast in Copenhagen -- would recommend this place to anyone.

• 20th Dec 2014

Very nice hostel,clean and with a nice bar downstairs, on good location and very friendly staff. I wish it was a bit cheaper so could have stayed a bit longer, but since Denmark is an expensive country, the prices were relatively ok i guess.

The kitchen is extremelly small for the amount of guests they have and they lack even the very basics, ex. there were only 2 cups! The room I stayed in was also very small and there were no lockers or any place to store my things. They offer free dinners, but when I asked one of the people at the reception desk, I was told that it was always a hamburguer or some other meat dish, so no catering for vegetarians.

Awesome place in a perfect location. Friendly and knowledgable staff, Highly recommend it. Do the walking tour.

It's a beautiful hostel in Copenaghen center, atmosphere is very cool and I enjoy my trip thanks to it. Thank you!

• 19th Dec 2014

I was there many times and will always enjoy coming again. The personal is friendly and the atmosphere amazing.

Really enjoyed our stay here! The christmas dinner was amazing! It was so great to eat traditional danish food! We would definitely stay here again!

One of the best hostels I stayed at in Europe. The staff were very friendly and helpful and the meals available from the kitchen were quite good - breakfast is great value for money in the morning, very hearty, and free dinner in the evenings is a great way to meet other guests as well as enjoy a free meal in a rather expensive city. I would recommend staying in CPH Downtown to anyone traveling to Copenhagen and I'm likely to stay there again if I return to the city.