Copenhagen Downtown Hostel Reviews

Vandkunsten 5, Copenhagen, Denmark

Fantastic hostel in a great location; warm, inviting, and fun atmosphere. There were always people hanging out in the lounge during the day or drinking at the bar at night, so it was easy to start up conversations with other travelers. Loved the whole vibe of the place! Bathrooms and showers were clean and private, and the rooms felt very secure. I would definitely recommend this place to others and stay here again!

• 26th Aug 2014

Very nice place with a lot of style and lovely design, the food at the restaurant was really good, the rooms were clean and simple, the toilets not really clean all the time, but not that bad. It was a little bit noise during the night because of all the people at the bar. Don´t try to smoke inside the building, we got a fire alarm at 5 am, it´s was a big emergency with firefighters and policeman, it was a big evacuation, not really worth it for a cigarette, but pretty safe!

Great well located hostel. Easy to get to and in the city. Rooms were a little cramped and no lockers but the hostel had one of the best bars downstairs with cheep drinks. Wifi in the rooms.

There were not enough toilets/showers on each floor (for those people without en suite facilities). The website misrepresents the free dinner advertised. I went down to dinner at 5:30pm (for 6:30pm meal) and was told that I could not eat the group dinner because all of the spots were taken. This is false advertising and decreases the value for money that I got for staying at this hostel.

Overall a great place to stay, specially for the young-ish traveller. However there are a few things a less carefree yet eager backpacker may appreciate. The common area is basically a very busy bar. So here great atmosphere means quite-loud not-really-much space for relaxation in the evenings except for the dorms. Reception and bar are two ends of the same space, attended by the same members of staff, which makes up a very slow service at both ends. Otherwise all good. Specially great location.

Best place in Copenhagen. Best place ever. Best staff ever. Lots of fun. Gonna miss you guys.

We didn't have any closet or possibility to hang our stuff in our room. There was also no mirror and it was only possible to plug in one 'bed light' for two bunk beds since they didn't have enough plugs. Other than that, the staff was super friendly and they offered free dinner every day for a small group of people who got there early enough ;-) it was probably the biggest hostel we've ever been to, with six floors and many rooms.

• 19th Aug 2014

Good location, walking distance to all the main sights. The bar is a great place to meet fellow travellers, and the free dinner really helps to facilitate this - but get there early, space is limited. The breakfast is well worth the extra cost. Service was pretty slow during breakfast and happy hour, but all in all, it's a great hostel and I'd stay here again.

Very nice

• 19th Aug 2014

We had a wonderful time and we loved the bar! Small comment : you should improve your direction to the hostel when we have to take the bus. We were compltetly lost! Also, there isn't enough showers

The realy best hostel in CPH

I have nothing but good to say about this hostel. Very clean, felt very safe/secure the entire time, and a great ambiance to meet different people. I will definitely be staying there next time I go back to Copenhagen!

The staff were really great, the bar was fun, the clientele were friendly and considerate. The location was really good too, close to the main train station, Tivoli gardens and the national Danish museum (which is really good).

• 16th Aug 2014

Good atmosphere and the free dinner was nice. I didnt like having to pay for a locker but other than that no complaints!

Simply Awesome!!! This is not the only hostel I've been to in Copenhagen, but this was the best BY FAR!! Super Helpful and friendly Staff, Awesome position, stunning atmosphere (free dinner is a great thing both for saving money and meeting new people). Price is average for Copenhagen (it's an expensive city and this is a good price). Good facilities and great free city tours. Breakfast not included but it's really worth paying for it!

Nice hostel in a good location. Recommended.

I review for travel-girls, unisex party vegetarian! The hostel is recommended. I stayed at the girls dorm which is small! But the girls were nice. There are few girl dorms so make sure you are in the bigger one...the crowd is young and party, there is happy hour and a free dinner at 6 BUT isn't veggie... What about us? Another chair at the room will be good, for you stuff ppl...stuff is nice , I liked the blonde smiling girl she was helpful.

Very busy & buzzy hostel, so the staff has no time to explain slowly & properly. but I understand. Before one checks out , THe maids are there to start making beds.....so one need to be quick & in & out. I liked their communal dinner & mingling with other guests! I was hungry so it did well for me. The idea is good & workable!

This hostel was amazing! Incredible people, wonderful atmosphere and simply great. It was however, loud in the mornings as the trash bins were being serviced. Otherwise definitely a hostel to recommend!

• 13th Aug 2014

Awesome location and clean rooms. On the negative side, the plumbing was backed up in the hostels' toilets three times in as many days. Not sure if this was the hostels fault but still.