Copenhagen Downtown Hostel Reviews

Vandkunsten 5, Copenhagen, Denmark

Don't bother about booking an ensuite as you will never use it our toilet didn't flush, and the shower is directly above the toilet. Very strange. Although the communal showers and toilets are some of the best I have seen. Although could see them getting very busy with long queues in peak times. Also your reception is seriously slow, I stood at the counter for about 15 mins before anyone asked if I needed anything. The staff seemed to busy chatting amongst themselves.

• 6th Feb 2015

Very clean and fun hostel. Easy to meet people. Just lacking a lot of facilities in the kitchen making it hard to eat as twice there wasn't enough bowls and mugs... But overall a great stay and highly recommends

Great hostel. Great beds, atmosphere, staff, security etc. Only don't bother to take the 3 pers ensuite (and pay more) because it's totally not worth it. The ensuite bathroom is a laugh were the showerhead is fixed and pointed at the toilet (2x1 meters would be pushing it). Furthermore the 3rd bed is a stretcher (although great quality) and leaves no room to walk around.

Downtown is an excellent hostel. Nice rooms, comfy beds, great breakfast, free dinner (though you need to sit down early!), and very friendly staff.

• 5th Feb 2015

I stayed at Copenhagen Downtown Hostel sadly just for a night, but the staff and atmosphere were amazing. So far it is the best hostel that i've ever stayed. I m planning other trips to Copenhagen just to spend time in this hostel ^^ :)

Location is perfect. Staff are super friendly and knowledgeable. Great bar; for an expensive city like Copenhagen the Happy Hour deal is a bargain! Free nightly meal was filling and a great way to socialize. One of my favorite hostels I've stayed in.

This is my favorite hostel. It's so easy to meet people as a solo back packer here. I actually have definitive plans to return to this hostel for round two.

The common area and staff are what make this place really fantastic. There is a happy hour every night as well as a free dinner in the common area. The breakfast they offer in the morning is delicious and totally worth it. The front desk staff is lovely and extremely helpful and friendly. The rooms on the other hand leave a little bit to be desired. There aren't lockers in the rooms but downstairs in the basement. The 6 person room was a bit cramped but the beds were clean and warm.

The hostel was absolutely perfect! Close to the trainstation, friendly staff, nice atmosphere and it felt very secure. The only complaint I have is possibly that the walls are so thin. Since I stayed on a saturday night it was rather noisy, and you could hear every single sound made in not just the room next to ours but also from the room on top and from the outside. Other than that it was absolutely perfect and I'm definitaly staying here next time I'm going to Copenhagen.

• 31st Jan 2015
  • Sweden

There were only 3 showers per floor to accommodate so many people. The toilets were not kept clean and I could smell it from a corridor away. The room has limited power plugs and the staff weren't keen on explaining the attractions on the map as they were more keen on serving drinks at the bar.

• 30th Jan 2015
  • Malaysia

The location and price for this hostel is very good. But the toilet on my floor was blocked, not a pleasant experience! Also, the room was VERY hot. I don't know if there was central heating on or if it was just from the room being full but it was so hot it was difficult to breathe. As somewhere to sleep for 1 or 2 nights as I did, this hostel is just fine but I don't think I would like to spend much longer there.

thought security was excellent and so was location. Showers/toilets were't always clean but it was a very busy time for the hostel. Downstairs areas were very packed and sometimes couldn't get a table. All in all, i would recommend this hostel

• 26th Jan 2015

Amazing hostel! Have one of the bests experiences of my life there! The free dinner idea close to "happy hour" at the bar really helps with the interaction between the guests (specially if you're travelling alone). For me the only thing that could be improved is the number of toilets on my floor (I don't know about others). At some busy hours, like morning and late afternoon, it could get pretty busy and hard find one available, so sometimes you have to wait for a while to take a shower.

It was a fine enough experience as a cheap alternative to a hotel, slightly awkward for a family, but this was only to be expected. There was a pervasive smell of too much disinfectant in the corridors, though, that gave us headaches.

• 25th Jan 2015
  • Finland

Good hostel and location with a cool bar for meeting people with great staff :)

The place to stay!

Staff super friendly and helpful! Bathrooms need a deeper cleaning, and common areas too small and noisy if you wanna chill...

All around a good hostel, good facilities and the bar had a great atmosphere. However the staff were more interested in serving drinks than checking people in, plus to have to go to different buildings for your room, the kitchen and laundry was frustrating.

There are no lockers, but other than that I liked the place.

Great hostel, lovely staff and met lots of lovely people :)

• 20th Jan 2015