Copenhagen Downtown Hostel Reviews

Vandkunsten 5, Copenhagen, Denmark

I absolutely LOVED this hostel. It was my first experience of staying in a hostel and it was the best stay. I meet some cool people and the staff were super friendly and always smiling. The hostel is trendy and inviting too. The music selection was dope! And the free meal was an added bonus! I would definitely come back to stay and recommend to friends. I wished I had more time to stay in Copenhagen just so I could stay at the hostel!!!

we have a 3 beds private room and the room is depressingly small like the size of a prison cell. There's not enough utensils in the kitchen & is difficult to work in, as it is tiny. The level of noise in this hostel is ridiculously irritating (its more than the typical noise from the street). There were drunken boys running around and screaming at the top of their lungs and this happened late at nights while others were trying to sleep. If your sleep before 2am, this is not the hostel for you.

The good: location, bar, lots of party people and friendly staff The bad: rickety bunks - my top bunk threatened to topple more than once. Also a lack of power points and bathrooms. The ugly: No way to shut out the noise of the aforementioned party people. Oh and that guy who came in at 5am and pissed on the dorm floor then passed out and forgot about it.

It's more of a party hostel than what I was looking for, but the staff were great all around and I met some cool people there.

Staying here was an incredible experience. I would absolutely recommend it to anyone travelling!

A lot of noise at night till 2am from bar and cafes across the street

• 18th Sep 2014
  • New Zealand

Amazing hostel, definitely in the top 5 hostels I've ever stayed, if not the best. the staff was not as nice as I expected, except for a very sweet Spanish girl. But everything else was perfect. I think the free dinner should be better organized though. But I will definitely recommend this hostel, as a matter of fact; I already did :)

I've stayed in some questionably jam-packed hostel rooms, but this one felt particularly unfair. My bed (bunk bed) was situated in between two doors for the 10 people room, which meant there was absolutely no way I was able to sleep given the amount of opening and closing that happened and hallway light and sounds that came in with that. The shower facilities were moderate to a little uncomfortable, but the primary issue was that I barely checked out on time given the insane bathroom lines.

• 13th Sep 2014

A very nice hostel. Very well located and organized. No complaints.

• 13th Sep 2014

Very good hostel. Well located and clean. Not so much a party hostel, which I am happy about, but still a good atmosphere in the bar downstairs. I would recommend a stay here.

This is like a Hostel should be. Many young people lots of activities and nice staff! Loved my stay there.

It was very loud at night, even with earplugs. Stayed there on a Sunday and barely slept because of the noise. Staff seemed friendly and the atmosphere of the bar was good.

I loved my stay here! There is a free family dinner at 6:30pm every evening, which is a great opportunity to get to know other travelers. The hostel is also in a great part of town, and was about a 5-15 minute walk from everywhere we wanted to go. I also felt completely safe here, and as a woman that means a lot to me! I will definitely stay here again the next time I'm in Copenhagen.

Excellent hostel in a perfect location, easy to arrive from the station (about 10min walk). They serve decent (free!) dinner for a limited amount of people, there's also a burger shop nearby. In front of the Hostel is a nice square. The staff is friendly and the atmosphere really fun. Breakfast is ok but a bit expensive. My room was good and WiFi worked. Only downside is a shortage of bathrooms to number of guests, but the positive traits do make up for it.

Great place to stay! Unfortunately I was on a business trip and didn't have time to enjoy the great atmosphere and bar. Location was great, walking distance to everywhere and next to Tivoli. Staff was amazing!!

The hostel is awesome. The only thing they have to fix is the lack of sockets in the room to charge our devices.

Really well located hostel, nice staff and great atmosphere, free diner is good enough to help you save some money in this expensive city. Breakfast a bit overpriced. Nice facilities and kitchen with pretty much all you need,. Recomended hostel...

Great staff! There is a free dinner in the evening and breakfast (not included) is well worth the money. They have a nice kitchen to cook on your own terms too. I am a solo traveler and the common area makes it easy to meet people. There are not lockers in the rooms, but each room requires key card access. I would recommend this hostel to anybody.

Nice location, but horrible for not allowing drinking your own beer or even buying at the market and leaving at the fridge. Hello??? We're backpackers :(

nice hostel with great location. rooms are super small but clean, and very good atmosphere.