Copenhagen Downtown Hostel Reviews

Vandkunsten 5, Copenhagen, Denmark

In terms of the atmosphere,the best!! It just seems like the place put u all together and getting know each other. The staff also very helpful and fun.

Great hostel, nicely dressed and nice staff with free dinners and a small kitchen to make your own, good beds and mattresses and importantly a great location I would definitely recommend staying there

• 30th Oct 2014

Very nice place to stay.

The Copenhagen Downtown Hostel is a great place. It has free dinner and excellent walking tours. Also, it is very clean and security.

Amazing atmosphere - just so much going on! Great location and the staff were really helpful. Very clean. Easy to meet fellow travelers. Definitely make use of the free ear plugs as can be quite loud!

Greatest hostel I've ever stayed! The atmosphere was simply the best! It was so good I could spend the whole time in its bar! At night, they offer a free dinner and there were always nice people to meet at the common area! Wish I could stay longer!

The hostel is pretty great and very well located. However, the access to the bedrooms is kind of bad, especially the stairs to go to the luggage room.

The 4 bed mixed dorm was a bit too small with minimal room for leaving your luggage/backpack. Staff were excellent, very down to earth and informative! Bathrooms always smelt a bit funny considering they were properly cleaned everyday. Great location though, close to central station, city centre and most attractions!

I loved that there is a restaurant/bar place at the entrance. I arrived at the hostel late, but it had very hospitable atmosphere that made me feel really comfortable. And excellent staff. Thank you!

• 24th Oct 2014
  • South Korea

Cards for dorms expire early so you might get locked out when leaving the room to the toilet /shower etc. Excellent location, free dinner is quite simple

Would definitely recommend this hostel. The location was excellent and the staff were so friendly. The free dinner was brilliant and there was a really good atmosphere in the hostel. Would stay here again for sure!

• 23rd Oct 2014

Not the cleanest hostel and the carpet throughout the hallways/room added a distinct odor.. but at this point along my travels I didn't pay too much attention to it. Great social environment and the free dinner was a treat. Breakfast for a fee was worth it. Staff were helpful but line ups at reception and the bar can be lengthy (sometimes only 1 person dealing with both line ups).

Simply put, I loved my time at the Copenhagen downtown hostel. The hostel is in great location near the Tivoli gardens, and a very short walk from the train station. The staff was friendly, the atmosphere was open and welcoming, and the general caliber of my fellow hostel tenants was top notch. The worst part? That one guy in my room whose foot odor could have brought the dead back to life. Overall, I would absolutely recommend the downtown hostel to anyone passing through Copenhagen.

Great hostel. Really cool vibe and close to everything. The staff were helpful and the free dinner was good the one night I had it. Bathrooms are okay and the bar was fun. Overall good value for money considering how expensive Copenhagen is. Would stay again

Rooms are really on the small side, but otherwise a great hostel. Free dinners are awesome and the staff are kind and helpful. A good choice when staying in Copenhagen!

I would like to recognize this staff with beard for being so conscientious towards us. We were the last 3 being left out for the daily shared meal, however he somehow took a plate full of rice n veggie for us. The free shared meals which we ate are simple but very nice! We enjoyed the stay very much too. I would recommend others to stay there too. The direction to the hostel needs to be reviewed in a simpler way! Thumbs up!

• 13th Oct 2014
  • Singapore

The staff was great and very helpful. The main area was a great place to hang out and meet people, especially at the free dinners (get there early!) and happy hour (great deal on beer)! The rooms were small and they don't offer free breakfast (but they do a buffet for 65 DKK), otherwise great place to be! Perfect location to main sites, food and the train stations.

A great place for meeting other travelers in a comfortable setting, with scenic Copenhagen right out the door.

• 10th Oct 2014

I think it really misses a common room, there's just a bar that's open to the public. There was free dinner though which was a good way to meet people. It was so big and so busy you couldn't really chat with the staff though.

There aren't many showers and toilets per floor.

• 10th Oct 2014