Copenhagen Downtown Hostel Reviews

Vandkunsten 5, Copenhagen, Denmark

Great, stayed here twice now.

Absolutely amazing experience! Great atmosphere and the staff was so kind and helpful.

• 6th Jan 2016

Everything was great, but the staff was the best. The only thing to improve is the bathroom.

Rooms were clean and spacious. Lockers didn't lock properly, handle could still be turned when locked with padlock. For an entire floor 2 toilets and 2 showers is not quite enough.

Great hostel with a very cool bar and kitchen area. They organize a lot of events, so definitely a great atmosphere. The location is great, lots of little restaurants and things to discover in the area. The rooms are good and separated from the bar, so no noise problem. The bathrooms weren't the cleanest, but that's probably my only complaint. Would recommend this hostel!

I enjoy my stay in Copenhagen Downtown, the ambience is great, and the quality of services is fantastic. I think it is the best option for the youth, but not for families.

• Spain

Great atmosphere in the reception / bar. Rooms were clean and fresh. Hostel was easy to find once we arrived. Great location.

• 5th Jan 2016

A great place to stay in Copenhagen. Convenient location for getting around the city by foot. Friendly and helpful staff. The free dinner was a good money saver but you need to get there at least an hour and a half early if you actually want to get food. Hot showers and clean rooms. Highly recommend staying here.

• 5th Jan 2016

Would have liked to have a locker in the room and not down in the basement, it wasn't very convenient since we stayed on the 6th floor. Also more showers/bathrooms wouldn't have hurt. Good value for money and good location but that's all this place had to offer for me.

This is definitely the hostel to meet people. Great staff, clean rooms, and unforgettable people.

• 4th Jan 2016

Good location, very clean, comfortable beds. Staff was helpful and nice, and there's a bar downstairs.

The location was fantastic. It was a pretty quick walk from the train station and really near pretty much everything. The staff was incredibly nice and helpful. The bar area was always packed, but it was definitely a fun atmosphere. There wasn't much luggage storage in the room, but everyone just left their bags out, so it didn't really concern me. Overall, I really enjoyed my stay here!

The place was happening.

Absolutely great time here. Made great friends, the Hostel Staff were very friendly and accommodating.

Great location but just so noisy. Lots of drunks (from the hostel) making noise on the street at night, and renovations at the hostel during the day. Don't expect to sleep well.

Atmosphere was amazing with the bar/café in the lobby, but they promised the free dinner which turned out to be limited to only 40 people. You have to show up 1.5 hours beforehand at a minimum to get the free dinner, which is only a half meal really. Location was about a 5 minute walk from the town hall, and 10 minutes from the nearest metro so that was a bit of a pain. About 30 minutes from the little Mermaid, which isn't worth it at all.

I really liked the stay. It felt like home.

• 1st Jan 2016
  • Latvia

I hired a shared double room for the purpose of having an undisturbed sleep and generally a bit more privacy while I was staying at this hostel. I would have been better off booking a mixed dorm room as the shared room was on the 1st floor, right above the bar and the very close to the entrance of the bar where those smoking were standing. The noise travelled and was incredibly loud.As a shared room is generally more expensive, this was a waste of money and the facilities were not up to scratch

Hi there, Thank you for your feedback, we do appriciate any feedback or comments that guests leave, in order for us to listen and do better in the future. All our private rooms are facing the street for the guest to enjoy the lovely view we have of the square. We are sorry if you were disturbed by any guest smoking, we do have a assigned smoking area with by law its allowed to stand on the street. Did you come to reception to ask to switch rooms?, Anytime there are free rooms, we are happy to swap you to another floor. We are sorry that the room and facilities were not satisfactory for you, we do our best tp make sure all our guests are happy with they stay. We hope to be able to welcome you back another time!. Regards, Isabella

Me and my friend had a great time over new year at the Copenhagen Downtown Hostel! The rooms were just fine for the price but the location was just awesome. We were able to walk to all locations and they even offered a free sightseeing walking tour, which was quite good and gave a big insight. Another great thing was, that they offer free dinner every night, which was really good when traveling on low budget. So I would highly recommend that hostel for your stay in Copenhagen.

Too many rooms for a few bathrooms.