Copenhagen Downtown Hostel Reviews

Vandkunsten 5, Copenhagen, Denmark

Really good place to stay again on a return journey through copenhagen. If you want the free meal, sit down at the right tables early as it's very popular.

A large scale hostel and feel. Rooms were too warm during summer, including downstairs common area where they insisted on lighting candles even though it was 30 degrees outside. Showers including complementary soap/shampoo, which was nice.

A very nice hostel, not too big which made the ambiance great. It's not a cheap hostel but the free dinners are good and can save you money. Great facilities, nice beds, I loved the hangout area where you can eat, chill, have drinks and every now and then they got live music :). The rooms were very hot, on the 6th floor with no air conditioning or what so ever made it almost impossible to sleep. But after that first night they offered me a bed on the bottom, that was way better.

One of the best hostels I've stayed in. Great staff, great location, great common area and bar to meet people and very clean rooms and bathrooms. It is true there is no air con and the place was quite hot during my stay, however I understand its a rarity that Copenhagen has 7 x 30deg days in a row, so I'm prepared to let this go. No hostel is perfect, but for the price you would be hard pressed to beat this.

Happy with my choice to stay here, thanks!

The location is convenient and the lobby has a pretty cool vibe. But the bedrooms are so crowded and there are only like three individual bathroom stalls for an entire floor! Also the lobby has no air flow and is super hot, we were all sweating when we were just sitting down to eat breakfast. Overall cleanliness was pretty poor. And it can get loud at night, especially if your room overlooks the front sidewalk or side street where the dumpsters are.

This is a party hostel wish I had been 40 years younger. Our room was minute and the noise of partying to 5am and then the rubbish is too hard for oldies Perhaps on your website you could mention that unless you are willing to party with the young not the place for you we paid 495 for a small room and noise However as a party hostel welcoming and clean I would recommend it

• 26th Jul 2014
  • New Zealand
  • Couple, 41+

Excellent central location. Great, friendly, fun, laid- back atmosphere. The staff were overwhelmingly friendly and helpful. All our meals out were based on their excellent recommendations. Thank you! Facilities were very good- they seem to have thought of everything... good value bike hire, good value and yummy breakfast, free hire of power adaptors, even a free dinner if you're sitting in the right place at the right time!! Loved it- would definitely return again and would definitely recommend

• 25th Jul 2014

Best hostel I've been so far! Great atmosphere! If you are looking forward to meet new people, that's the spot in Copenhagen! Only bad thing was that the cleaning lady took my towel and they didn't gave me back, but they handled the problem! Oh yeah, and there is a lot of noise coming from the bar! So if you want to have a good night of sleep, I recommend earplugs, since I think this is a cheap price to pay to be staying at this hostel!

Don't even kid yourself this is a party hostel and in a party area. Its very noisey! I didn't really get a lot of sleep while here which sucked but the hostel itself is in a great location, only a short walk from the station and is clean. The staff are super friendly and helpful and you can get free ear plugs when you check in haha. Downside of the rooms are they are quite small and ours didn't have any lockers or space for our backpacks.

Very good place, with social area where it was easy to meet people. One thing: Don't know why you would warn us that we could lose or booking if we arrive late. 5pm and 8pm was both mentioned, but you are already guaranteed payment through booking on world.

It was an OK hostel, I had only one night there but it was extremely hot, so we had to leave our window open, out our window was the party on the footpath with constant smoke and noise all night it made for a very unpleasant stay. Facilities were good in terms of bathrooms, in the room however very tiny, no room for luggage storage and limited power sockets, no reading light.

A large hostel at a convenient location in the city centre of Copenhagen. The bar downstairs is lively and has a friendly atmosphere. Although the breakfast is expensive, the free dinner and the kitchen facilities make up for that. The downside is the lack of showers and toilets (only 3-4 per floor) and the lack of cooling, which makes the rooms get bloody hot during the Summer. Opening a window offers not much of a relief, because of the noise at night.

Great place to stay. I lost my key card; the staff sorted it no problem. I'm staying here for a return journey right now. The bar is great and relaxed and the rooms are comfortable, maybe a little warm, but it is summer! Spoken to many other travellers and they all said this place was one of the best. If you want the free meal (rare in Scandanavia) sit down early to avoid disappointment.

The Danish are the happiest people in the world, and they're the only people as friendly as Canadians that I've ever met. The people at this hostel didn't disappoint either. The rooms were awesome, the bar rocks for meeting everybody and there's free dinner. There was an error in the system with my booking, but no worries they fixed it on the spot and gave me free breakfast & a free big locker for my entire stay. Awesome hostel!

Great hostel, very friendly staff. Nice, clean rooms. I stayed in a 4-bed-room. It's a perfect hostel for people travelling alone. The free dinner and cosy bar are perfect to meet other travellers.

• 21st Jul 2014
  • Belgium

SO LOUD every night, the entire night

This is a great hostel for meeting people! The reception is a bar, perfect! Only downside is the lack of showers meaning you'd often have to wait in line and they were usually dirty and the toilets wouldn't always flush. There's also a lack of lockers in the room. There are lockers available somewhere in the hostel but I was too lazy to find out where. Over all a great stay.

One of the best hostels to stay in! Atmosphere and bar is amazing, met so many awesome people. Rooms are a bit hot but breakfast is really good and staff are so helpful. Definitely would recommend if staying in Copenhagen!

My roommate and I were at the CPH Downtown for about 5 days while we toured Copenhagen. We had arranged to stay in a large dorm room, but got upgraded to a 3 person private room, which worked out perfectly. I've stayed at a plethora of hostels since I started traveling a few years ago and CPH Downtown is easily the BEST hostel I've ever stayed in. The staff is friendly, helpful and efficient. Our room was clean and comfortable. The downstairs bar/common area is fabulous!