Copenhagen Downtown Hostel Reviews

Vandkunsten 5, Copenhagen, Denmark

Overall a great place to stay, specially for the young-ish traveller. However there are a few things a less carefree yet eager backpacker may appreciate. The common area is basically a very busy bar. So here great atmosphere means quite-loud not-really-much space for relaxation in the evenings except for the dorms. Reception and bar are two ends of the same space, attended by the same members of staff, which makes up a very slow service at both ends. Otherwise all good. Specially great location.

Best place in Copenhagen. Best place ever. Best staff ever. Lots of fun. Gonna miss you guys.

The location is great, walking tours pick you up from the lobby, the bar/ hangout area downstairs is relaxed and always has people in it. I even met some locals there who had come to the bar because they heard the happy hour was the best in town! One of the best hostels I've ever stayed in. The best part is the free dinner each night, you need to get there at least an hour early, maybe more, to get a place, but that means you talk to other travellers automatically. I think its a great idea.

We didn't have any closet or possibility to hang our stuff in our room. There was also no mirror and it was only possible to plug in one 'bed light' for two bunk beds since they didn't have enough plugs. Other than that, the staff was super friendly and they offered free dinner every day for a small group of people who got there early enough ;-) it was probably the biggest hostel we've ever been to, with six floors and many rooms.

• 19th Aug 2014

Good location, walking distance to all the main sights. The bar is a great place to meet fellow travellers, and the free dinner really helps to facilitate this - but get there early, space is limited. The breakfast is well worth the extra cost. Service was pretty slow during breakfast and happy hour, but all in all, it's a great hostel and I'd stay here again.

Very nice

• 19th Aug 2014

We had a wonderful time and we loved the bar! Small comment : you should improve your direction to the hostel when we have to take the bus. We were compltetly lost! Also, there isn't enough showers

The realy best hostel in CPH

I have nothing but good to say about this hostel. Very clean, felt very safe/secure the entire time, and a great ambiance to meet different people. I will definitely be staying there next time I go back to Copenhagen!

The staff were really great, the bar was fun, the clientele were friendly and considerate. The location was really good too, close to the main train station, Tivoli gardens and the national Danish museum (which is really good).

• 16th Aug 2014

Good atmosphere and the free dinner was nice. I didnt like having to pay for a locker but other than that no complaints!

Simply Awesome!!! This is not the only hostel I've been to in Copenhagen, but this was the best BY FAR!! Super Helpful and friendly Staff, Awesome position, stunning atmosphere (free dinner is a great thing both for saving money and meeting new people). Price is average for Copenhagen (it's an expensive city and this is a good price). Good facilities and great free city tours. Breakfast not included but it's really worth paying for it!

Nice hostel in a good location. Recommended.

I review for travel-girls, unisex party vegetarian! The hostel is recommended. I stayed at the girls dorm which is small! But the girls were nice. There are few girl dorms so make sure you are in the bigger one...the crowd is young and party, there is happy hour and a free dinner at 6 BUT isn't veggie... What about us? Another chair at the room will be good, for you stuff ppl...stuff is nice , I liked the blonde smiling girl she was helpful.

Very busy & buzzy hostel, so the staff has no time to explain slowly & properly. but I understand. Before one checks out , THe maids are there to start making beds.....so one need to be quick & in & out. I liked their communal dinner & mingling with other guests! I was hungry so it did well for me. The idea is good & workable!

This hostel was amazing! Incredible people, wonderful atmosphere and simply great. It was however, loud in the mornings as the trash bins were being serviced. Otherwise definitely a hostel to recommend!

• 13th Aug 2014

Awesome location and clean rooms. On the negative side, the plumbing was backed up in the hostels' toilets three times in as many days. Not sure if this was the hostels fault but still.

staff really pleasant and helpful

• 12th Aug 2014

Good location near all the main sights. It is clean and has a really nice bar. As a place to stay it is fine but it is much too expensive for what it is. We stayed in both a dorm and a private room. The beds are narrow, the pillows are bad and there are no lockers in the room. The worst part was the private room. The third bed was a pull out bed on the floor which left barely any room to move and the bathroom was very small. It was much too expensive for the quality of the room.

Free dinner is great, especially in a such an expensive city and is a good way to meet people even if you do have to get there really early to get one of the limited seats. Really frustrating lack of sockets in the dorms. My key card stopped working half way through my stay. I was told I had to change beds which would have been nice to have some warning of but not the end of the world. However when I got back into the room the new occupier of my bed had thrown my stuff across the floor.