Copenhagen Downtown Hostel Reviews

Vandkunsten 5, Copenhagen, Denmark

For partying, this place is pretty much unmatched. There is a bar downstairs and excellent vibe around as well as lots of bars and clubs nearby in Copenhagen. I was in a 6-bed dorm and these are quite cramped with no separate lockers. This also got very hot unless the windows were left open, in which case noise from the churches and local area did disturb slightly. The laundry room was out of service when I was there, but this should be temporary.

As soon as we walked into the reception/bar, we knew that this hostel was going to have plenty of atmosphere. Between happy hour, free communal dinner and the different games on offer, the hostel was a great place to meet other travellers. The rooms themselves were fine - we were on the top floor, which was a bit of a walk if you took the stairs. The staff were friendly and while the hostel wasn't cheap by hostel standards, by Copenhagen standards it was a steal

It was very nice to stay in a Downtown hostel , especially because of the good location in heart of the city, clean rooms and kind staff. "Free dinner" is the only thing that disappointed me, because it was available only to a few people who came first.

Awesome hostel! Free dinner, great vibe, good people. I'll be back if I'm ever back in Copenhagen.

Fantastic hostel, great location, friendly staff and overall a great stay. I really liked the sturdy strong bunk beds in the dorm, in comparison to the other hostels I've been to.

The wifi is really not good. Surrounding is too noisy, maybe the reason is because of holiday. Room space is a little bit narrow for 4 beds. Free super is good, but it's hard to get for time limited people. Breakfast is nice, cost-effective.

Big hostel with helpful staff and good drink specials during happy hour. Gotta be quick to get the free dinner.

First off let me say that I would highly recommend this hostel to anyone who is visiting Copenhagen. The staff is helpful, the walking tours start at the hostel, there is a free dinner every night, and the atmosphere is great for meeting fellow travelers. My only complaint would be the noise from the bar area. Although the bar is fun they blast music till 0200 and it is extremely loud in the rooms. We were on the fourth flour and could audibly here every word of each song.

Staff were awesome! Super friendly and really helpful (especially when I rocked up with an oversized 30kg bag that needed to be put in secure storage). Bathrooms were hands down the cleanest I've seen in a hostel but the floors were always wet (no big issue, I just wore flip flops). Breakfast was great, worth the extra fee and the location is awesome, super close to Tivoli, the tourist info centre and the central train station. Wifi was a bit patchy but I was on the top floor. Great hostel!

Copenhagen Downtown Hostel was a nice place to stay. The location was prime! The bar and common area downstairs had a good atmosphere. They served well priced drinks and it was always a fun place to hang out. The hostel dinner was good and the ladies serving it was so nice! The bathrooms and showers were ok, but not exceptional. The only things I would complain about would be no lockers in the rooms and it was not as clean as I would have hoped. Overall I had a good stay.

The staff and place were great. It's a great atmosphere and the free dinners are awesome! It's just as expensive as everywhere else in Copenhagen, and they offer a lot of amenities! My only recommendation would be private lockers in the rooms for suitcases/backpacks. The safes aren't big enough for much, and it would be hard to go up and down 6 floors every time you need your toothbrush, etc...Otherwise, just bring a lock for your bag!

• 15th Jun 2014

Copenhagen Downtown was perfect for our two-month long backpacking adventure! About 20 minutes walking from the main Copenhagen train station (which is great for any backpacker to hear).. and in a great part of the town. Only a five minute walk from the center of town. There was not a part of Copenhagen that wasn't beautiful. The hostel itself had a wonderful atmosphere for travelers. It was a very open lobby/lounge where people hung out all-day. Staff was helpful and welcoming. Loved it!!

The free dinners were mean as!! Best spag bol I've ever had. Hostel staff were cheerful, friendly and helpful. In an expensive city this Hostel is really cost effective and in a good location. Would stay again for sure.

I really enjoyed the atmosphere of the lobby and reception area. The free dinner every night was a great way to meet people. The staff are very knowledgeable about the city.

I'm don't really like big hostels but this one is amazing. They really try to make you feel at home! The communal dinners are perfect to meet people and beer is cheap (compared to the rest of Copenhagen)!

Everything about our stay was fantastic. Our only complaint is that our room faced what sounded like the busiest street in all of Scandinavia. We kept the windows open for air but even with them closed it was impossible to block out the sound. Aside from that, the location and atmosphere was great.

• 12th Jun 2014

This hostel was clean and the location was fantastic. Unfortunately, the 'free dinner' is meat only so bad if you are vegetarian. One night there were a group of guys hanging round the entrance to where the rooms are. I could see that they didn't have a card to access the hostel as they were waiting to tailgate people. One of the guys went to tailgate me but I closed the door in his face. The girls who came in after us held the door open for these guys. I didn't think this was safe.

This place is the perfect hostel! Fun safe. The bar is great for meeting people. We loved it so much we are going back there unplanned on our trip. The staff is so helpfull and accommodating. In walking distance of almost everything. Fee dinner if you get there in time for a seat. Great and affordable breakfast with coffee. Clean as a whistle! Seriously! Book this place!

CPH downtown is a really good hostel for meeting people. It's in a good location (walking distance to most sights) The kitchen is very small and cramped considering the number of people that are staying in the hostel, but overall it's a fun hostel.

The hostel had an awesome communal atmosphere in the lobby. It is easy to meet new people at the bar or the free dinner. I really enjoyed staying at this hostel and strongly recommend it other travelers that want to be in young and exciting atmosphere.

• 9th Jun 2014