Copenhagen Downtown Hostel Reviews

Vandkunsten 5, Copenhagen, Denmark

Very nice staff, free diner, would only be nice if there were lockers in the room (but I thing there were lockers down stairs) didn't check ;)

Everything was pretty great! The Downtown Hostel had a great atmosphere and very friendly staff. My room was very clean and pretty much what I expected. The only inconvenient part was that my room was on the 6th floor but the elevator only goes up to the 5th floor. I had a big luggage with me since I was traveling for a couple of weeks, which became very inconvenient when I had to drag it up and down stairs.

• 15th Jan 2014

The bar in the reception was great. The free meal is only for the first 20 or so people, which is a little deceiving. The room I was in was tiny! If all 4 people had bags there would be no room to move! It needs to be a double room, not a four bed room! There was a lot of noise outside the hostel which kept you awake from the people partying downstairs, the staff need to be aware of that and bring them inside. Overall though, a good place to stay

Great atmosphere and super friendly staff, would definately stay there again!

• 12th Jan 2014
  • Switzerland

Everything was perfect, except maybe for the breakfast: quite expensive.

• 11th Jan 2014

I stayed there 2 nights before moving to Sweden and I had great time. I met a lot of young people from all around the world and I took a walking tour around the city with a guide for free. The personnel is young and disposable and there is the possibility to join "happy hours" where you can drink pints of Carlsberg for cheap prices.

• 7th Jan 2014

I love the bar at downstairs, we can sit and chat together with new friends. But the bunk beds always shake even a little roll. In short, nice.

If you want a place to meet other travelers, this is great. The reception area is always filled with people to get to know. On the other hand, if you are there just to sleep (as I was), it's also good because the sound doesn't carry. Just make sure to bring along flip-flops or other shower shoes, the bathrooms have the showerhead and hole-in-the-floor systems.

No complaints and the staff were all very helpful and kind, which is unfortunately quite rare these days. The hostel itself was also great and I would definitely recommend this venue to friends.

• 2nd Jan 2014

The bathrooms/showers were dirty even right after the cleaning ladies had "cleaned" them. Our rooms were small but space had been used efficiently. My mattress was so dirty though that it had to be replaced (staff very helpful). The downstairs lounge was very nice, the atmosphere was amazing, happy hour great and iPad rental super good idea. The free walking tour was good and guide excellent. During the night there was quite a lot of noise in the corridors but it was ok.

Hi H. Thank you for your comments but sad you hear you found it dirty but we have found a way to have it clean all the time! Hope to see you another time and happy to hear you had a great time. CPH Downtown Staff

Literally one of the worst hostels that I have ever been. There is NO FREE INTERNET on the rooms, the staff is rude, they don't cancel your reservation if you need and worst of all, you have to use stairs to go up and down until 6 levels (because the elevator doesn't work and when works takes you to the outside of the building). I strongly recommend you to look for other hostels (plenty of them in CPH).

Hi again Eduardo and thanks for your comments. So as we talked about there IS FREE INTERNET ON ALL ROOMS, actually we have a high speed fibernet connection directly into the buidling. As for the lift its inside the building - we have 2. We would like to go far from changing and helping with reservations - we are very sorry that you had this excperince, but as you wrote in your e-mail you would defently come back....so seaa you soon ;-) Downtown team

The hostel was well located with a great staff. The bathrooms can be cleaned more regularly only because they are for so many people. The room was great and of great value. The common area was fun and also open to the public, allowing you to meet with many people. They had free ipads to rent and the occasional free dinner if you bought a drink. The breakfast I felt was far overpriced for what it offered. Otherwise the stay was a great time and I had no problems there. They were helpful and fun.

Had a great stay! Hostel very central and easy to get to. Staff very friendly

We stayed in a 4-bed female dorm, and it was very small barely enough room to hold luggage. No lockers in the rooms, they are downstairs in the basement. Staff were extremely friendly and helpful with all our needs. The bathrooms needed frequent cleaning.

• 27th Dec 2013

Hi C. Thanks for your comment. We have cleaning personal on house 17 hours everyday and we are working on new locker system in the rooms. Next time inform us on the spot if there is anything wrong with your stay so we'll fix it on the spot. Hope to see you soon!

Good location, good staff, but very dirty! Seems like the owners expect the guests to clean their hostel for them, since they put keep it clean signs everywhere. Let's be clear: It's one thing to keep it clean, other is to clean it up! Hire some people to do this job, we are paying good money here.

Excellent. Common area is really chill, beer is cheap for Scandinavian standards with two beers for 40 danish krona at happy hour. Ask the reception about the free walking tours in Copenhagen, they're really good.. Although the wait to bathrooms in the hostel can be rather long, and since they're small with only a curtain separating the shower there's always loads of water on the floor(so bring flip-flops). Excellent value for money relative to Scandinavia, average if compared cheaper countries.

I spent 3 days in Copenhagen Downtown Hostel and the only thing I can say is that the hostel is awesome. It's really great for large groups but not for solo traveleres because the lounge is so big and it's really difficult no know people (but not impossible). The rooms are really great but (according to my brother) the bathrooms weren't clean and he didn't like that. But, I would really recommend this hostel.

We booked a private room for two persons with bathroom, what we get. The room was relative clean but much too small. The bathroom was that little, that I wasn't able to sit on the toilet without touching any other things in the bathroom with my shoulders or so. The shower was hanging down from the ceiling and taking a shower wasn't very nice. All in all the room wasn't comfortable. The atmosphere was ok.

• 24th Dec 2013

Hi J. Thanks for your comments! Our bathrooms they have a very danish style. You are the "king". What you pay for its the location, the free dinner, vibes, cheap prices, and so on!!! Cheers and have look!! CPH Downtown

Nice stay, good hostel, but the Wi-fi does not work sometimes and bathroom is a little bit dirty.

Great location - walking distance from train station and centre of Copenhagen. Very busy when I stayed so lounge and bar area very crowded and noisy with no real place just to chill and relax quietly. 8 bed dorm was crowded and beds were average and squeaky. No space to put bags in room and paying for lockers is a bit steep. Staff were ok, not great on local knowledge but seemed friendly.

Hi C. Thanks for your comments. It's very busy and nice, that's what creates our atmosphere. Moreover our Dinner, Happy Hour, music and events! Our large dorms are pretty average to hostel standards, come to reception to let us know if beds squeak and we can sort that out. Staff ratings are way above other hostels and they are all Danish so surprise they don't have the knowledge you were looking for. Happy you had a great experience overall! CPH Downtown Staff