Copenhagen Downtown Hostel Reviews

Vandkunsten 5, Copenhagen, Denmark

The vibe at this hostel was great, met lots of cool people here. Buffet breakfast not included but worth the money. Location is convenient to city sites. Highly recommend.

This was a brilliant hostel, fantastic atmosphere and facilities, only downside was that if you wanted to have the free dinner you had to get there at least 2 hours early if not more. But hey it's free so can't complain too much! =)

The hostel is perfect, the atmosphere and THE FREE DINNER is the best thing ever! well, the price for me is quite expensive but it's just a normal price for a hostel in copenhagen.

• 16th Feb 2015
  • Indonesia

Tiny room, bathroom was so small I couldn't actually sit on the toilet, weird atmosphere that wasn't very personal (I think the hostel is a victim of its size). This is somewhere to stay for the location, not much else. Would probably suit 18-21 year olds best.

Hi, so bad you had this experience. We would have loved to meet you so that you have told you more about what is going on,. Free walking tours, happy hour, nice parties every evening and a lot of interesting people to meet from many countries. We are so focused on the staff ratings and more then 9 out 10 top rates our service. So you must have been unlucky anyway hope to see you again soon :-)

Great hostel; if you like to party, it's a great place to meet people. I just wish there were lockers in the rooms; the lockers are in the basement, and it costs money to rent them. That's not too cool; hostels need available lockers.

Great place to meet people and the common area being so close to the bar really makes for a wonderful atmosphere on any given night, very fun place to stay. Compared to any of the other hostels in the Copenhagen area the choice to stay here is a no brainer

Really great experience! Cool hostel lounge room, boppin bar, wicked staff, great drink specials and perfect location! My friends and I were there for Valentines Day and we got free cheesecake and champagne from the hostel! All round great weekend away! Will definitely be back again soon!

I only stayed for one night, but I instantly regretted not staying longer. The location is great, the staff super helpful and fun, great offer from the hostel (free walking tour, happy hour and so on), the rooms very nice (I stayed in a dorm). In the morning there was a bit of a line for the bathrooms/toilets, but nothing too serious. I can only recommend this hostel.

The so called twin ensuite was a shower head directly over the toilet. So everywhere was wet if we tried to use that shower. Very clean hostel. Bar downstairs was good and breakfast was good. They could of advertised pub crawls or even the hostel themselves I think would do well to organize their own pub crawl. Plenty of people around would be keen to do it. Room prices aren't cheap but I guess nowhere else in Copenhagen is either

The rooms where ok, but without lockers inside. The bathrooms weren't very clean and not very worm, as it was winter time. The bar was really great with good food and drinks! Also the free dinner was great! And I also like the fact that the bar area and rooms are well separated, so you don't have noisy rooms at night!

The hostel has an amazing bar which is a perfect place to meet other travellers, but the atmosphere of the hostel was weird overall. I did not have the best roommates and if you are about to book a room here take jnto consideration that this is what I consider a "party hostel". People will get late at your room and I even found puke on the floor when I was going back to sleep. Staff is amazing, very friendly and warm!

Great atmosphere, the best!

Had to make my own bed (put sheets on quilt and pillows) when I got there. Didn't leave a towel in the room for me. It was also a bit ridiculous about the price of breakfast.

• 8th Feb 2015

Hi thanks for your review at Copenhagen Downtown Hostel we make all the beds for our guests and there are also a towels in the private rooms. In the dorms they can be picked up in the reception. I think you confuse us with somebody else, Anyway thanks for your input

Don't bother about booking an ensuite as you will never use it our toilet didn't flush, and the shower is directly above the toilet. Very strange. Although the communal showers and toilets are some of the best I have seen. Although could see them getting very busy with long queues in peak times. Also your reception is seriously slow, I stood at the counter for about 15 mins before anyone asked if I needed anything. The staff seemed to busy chatting amongst themselves.

• 6th Feb 2015

Very clean and fun hostel. Easy to meet people. Just lacking a lot of facilities in the kitchen making it hard to eat as twice there wasn't enough bowls and mugs... But overall a great stay and highly recommends

Great hostel. Great beds, atmosphere, staff, security etc. Only don't bother to take the 3 pers ensuite (and pay more) because it's totally not worth it. The ensuite bathroom is a laugh were the showerhead is fixed and pointed at the toilet (2x1 meters would be pushing it). Furthermore the 3rd bed is a stretcher (although great quality) and leaves no room to walk around.

Downtown is an excellent hostel. Nice rooms, comfy beds, great breakfast, free dinner (though you need to sit down early!), and very friendly staff.

• 5th Feb 2015

I stayed at Copenhagen Downtown Hostel sadly just for a night, but the staff and atmosphere were amazing. So far it is the best hostel that i've ever stayed. I m planning other trips to Copenhagen just to spend time in this hostel ^^ :)

Location is perfect. Staff are super friendly and knowledgeable. Great bar; for an expensive city like Copenhagen the Happy Hour deal is a bargain! Free nightly meal was filling and a great way to socialize. One of my favorite hostels I've stayed in.

This is my favorite hostel. It's so easy to meet people as a solo back packer here. I actually have definitive plans to return to this hostel for round two.