Copenhagen Downtown Hostel Reviews

Vandkunsten 5, Copenhagen, Denmark

This hostel was amazing! Incredible people, wonderful atmosphere and simply great. It was however, loud in the mornings as the trash bins were being serviced. Otherwise definitely a hostel to recommend!

• 13th Aug 2014

Awesome location and clean rooms. On the negative side, the plumbing was backed up in the hostels' toilets three times in as many days. Not sure if this was the hostels fault but still.

staff really pleasant and helpful

• 12th Aug 2014

Good location near all the main sights. It is clean and has a really nice bar. As a place to stay it is fine but it is much too expensive for what it is. We stayed in both a dorm and a private room. The beds are narrow, the pillows are bad and there are no lockers in the room. The worst part was the private room. The third bed was a pull out bed on the floor which left barely any room to move and the bathroom was very small. It was much too expensive for the quality of the room.

Free dinner is great, especially in a such an expensive city and is a good way to meet people even if you do have to get there really early to get one of the limited seats. Really frustrating lack of sockets in the dorms. My key card stopped working half way through my stay. I was told I had to change beds which would have been nice to have some warning of but not the end of the world. However when I got back into the room the new occupier of my bed had thrown my stuff across the floor.

It is a good hostel to stay, but there is only one plug in the room, so it is not conventient and enough for many people to use.

The hostel is in a very central location wich makes it easy to walk around. The staff is very friendly and the atmosphere is great!

• 8th Aug 2014

Easily one of the best hostels in Europe, nothing bad to say. Everything is top notch!

I really enjoyed my stay at the Hostel. It was a much busier hostel than I anticipated and was very noisy at night. I didn't feel there were enough toilets / bathrooms per floor and they were continuously becoming blocked or near over flowing which made the wet areas quite dirty. I felt staff assistance was ok however they didn't appear very approachable and the free dinner was very limited. Despite this, it was a fantastic location and really easy to get around which is really what you want.

Lovely atmosphere with a good location, plenty happening downstairs at the bar when I stayed. Would go again

Great hostel, good atmosphere and one of the best breakfast from our trip.

a private bedroom is too expensive for the room. we only had a bunkbed with no towels and not even a table or a closet to put our stuff. the hostel itself is very nice but if we pay a lot of money for having a private bedroom, then make it worth the money

Excellent location in easy walking distance of all main attractions! Friendly staff :)

Hostel is great for meeting new people. Staff can be quite curt (most likely due to the huge number of guests). There is no elevator in the building and we stayed on the 5th floor so it gets really tiring to carry our heavy suitcases upstairs, or after a long day of sightseeing. Would be much better if there's an indication of floor number each floor (you sort of lose count of the number of floors you've climbed when you're out of breath and carrying a suitcase).

Excellent hostel. Great atmosphere and location. Would definitely go back or recommend to others.

Very good, the hostel was very impressive and lovely thanks for the week end!!

• 4th Aug 2014

I was for 3 days and it was the best hostel I've been in long time. The fact that they have free dinner at 18:30 and a bar means that you wil meat new people asap! Excelent place to stay at Copenhague any time!

Highly recommend this hostel! Free dinner, the bar downstairs, and the location are all excellent. Main gripe is the lack of anywhere to secure your valuables in the room, you'd have to buy a locker downstairs.

Overall really good hostel, I would recommend it. It was annoying that in the 10 dorm room, the room smelt a little and there was only one small window that was open which didn't really air out the room. Also, being a veggie there wasn't always a veggie option for dinner.

The building is built like a square with the center carved out, acting as a trash/storage area. Most of the rooms have windows the face into this center area giving off little to know breeze and making the rooms quite hot during the summer months (but only the summer months). Also there were just 3 toilets and 3 showers per floor where there were potentially 50 or 60 people staying. Otherwise it was pretty decent.

• 2nd Aug 2014