Copenhagen Downtown Hostel Reviews

Vandkunsten 5, Copenhagen, Denmark

The location and price for this hostel is very good. But the toilet on my floor was blocked, not a pleasant experience! Also, the room was VERY hot. I don't know if there was central heating on or if it was just from the room being full but it was so hot it was difficult to breathe. As somewhere to sleep for 1 or 2 nights as I did, this hostel is just fine but I don't think I would like to spend much longer there.

thought security was excellent and so was location. Showers/toilets were't always clean but it was a very busy time for the hostel. Downstairs areas were very packed and sometimes couldn't get a table. All in all, i would recommend this hostel

• 26th Jan 2015

Amazing hostel! Have one of the bests experiences of my life there! The free dinner idea close to "happy hour" at the bar really helps with the interaction between the guests (specially if you're travelling alone). For me the only thing that could be improved is the number of toilets on my floor (I don't know about others). At some busy hours, like morning and late afternoon, it could get pretty busy and hard find one available, so sometimes you have to wait for a while to take a shower.

It was a fine enough experience as a cheap alternative to a hotel, slightly awkward for a family, but this was only to be expected. There was a pervasive smell of too much disinfectant in the corridors, though, that gave us headaches.

• 25th Jan 2015
  • Finland

Good hostel and location with a cool bar for meeting people with great staff :)

The place to stay!

Staff super friendly and helpful! Bathrooms need a deeper cleaning, and common areas too small and noisy if you wanna chill...

All around a good hostel, good facilities and the bar had a great atmosphere. However the staff were more interested in serving drinks than checking people in, plus to have to go to different buildings for your room, the kitchen and laundry was frustrating.

There are no lockers, but other than that I liked the place.

Great hostel, lovely staff and met lots of lovely people :)

• 20th Jan 2015

The lounge and pub area was great! Provided for such a fun stay and a great way to meet other travelers.

• 20th Jan 2015

I throughly enjoyed my short stay. The staff were outstanding, the bar was really comfortable and well priced, everything was clean and the bed was comfortable and made for me when I got there. Great hostel expereince.

What a great hostel, met some lovely people, and it was great value for money. We hired bikes for a day and would definitely recommend it, the free walking tour is also well worth it. It's location is unbeatable and is by shopping and bars as well as a delicious traditional restaurant right across the road. Thanks Copenhagen Downtown!

• 16th Jan 2015

Great location in downtown Copenhagen - but can only enjoy that great location once you find the hostel, which isn't easy. The place is on a small side street that doesn't pop up on tourist maps & is not widely known by locals. Also, this is a party hostel (bar in the lobby!). If partying's part of your travel plans, this place is for you. If you just want a bed to crash & aren't a big drinker, you might feel outta place. Free group dinners served daily are a nice plus & great way to meet ppl.

Great hostel! Such a good set up, rooms were great and heaps of showers. Fun staff with great activities planned, nothing bad to say about this hostel at all!

The hostel has a nice vibe, full of travellers although most of them stick to their own world called social media. As for the hostel, two points of feedback: 1) it's the first hostel after about 200 I pay for when I didn't show up with no possibilities to cancel the booking. 2) it's the first hostel after about 200 where its not allowed to drink your own alcohol.

I highly recommend this hostel! It is without doubt the best hostel I have been in, in every aspect. I love the atmosphere of the bar/common area, everyone is very friendly.

This is a nightclub with a hostel attached to it. If noise keeps you awake, you won't like it.

highly recommend

The common area downstairs was great! My one night there I met some great people at the bar and had an awesome night!

• 7th Jan 2015