Copenhagen Downtown Hostel Reviews

Vandkunsten 5, Copenhagen, Denmark

This hostel was so awesome. Very friendly people, excellent and rowdy happy hour, and all in all the best time I have had in Copenhagen. The hostel's bar was better than most bars downtown. Good place to meet people, especially girls, it seemed. Everything was clean and orderly and while people definitely are here to party, there were places to chill out at, too. And free dinner was great! Thank you so much, Tara and everyone at Copenhagen Downtown!

Great hostel!!

• 5th Mar 2015
  • pietervhm

The Copenhagen Downtown Hostel is an excellent choice. I really enjoyed my stay there. Not only were the room and the bathrooms very clean but also the nice and friendly atmosphere of the launch/entrance area was really comfortable. You can chill or meet people there or in the kitchen area - especially nice when you travel alone. I didn't stay for the weekend but during the week the noise level is really low.

i only spent there one night because i had to take a flight early in the morning.. and it was so nice i was really sad to leave again! at the arrival a live band was playing, everyone was in a very good mood and the staff was super nice! everything was perfect.

• 2nd Mar 2015

Cool atmosphere, there was always many people in the hostel's bar, staff was really nice and helpful. They have bike's rental, which is really helpful if we want to see all Copenhagen quicker. Also I really loved happy hours and free dinner, which was delicious!

We came here on a whim after our friend had booked us into another hostel for one night instead of 2. The staff were all super friendly, charming and wiling to oblige any request we had and informed us of the free meal at 18:30 and the free wifi (which went down a treat) The highlight for me was the bar area. A large space where travellers and tourists alike could meet, chat and start their night in Copenhagen. What a weekend. Highly reccomend!

• 28th Feb 2015

Big hostel in a good location. Easy to get to everything. Massive common room/bar/reception area which is always busy so it's great for solo travelers. You pay for the breakfast but it's fantastic. Staff are friendly. Beds are comfy and rooms are big. Just need lockers in rooms and it would be the perfect hostel.

Worst hostel that I've ever stayed at- the rooms smelled and there was loud music playing the entire night. Drunk people who were not staying at the hostel took beds from actual guests. Check-in took almost 45 minutes, and the staff seemed more interested in getting people drinks than helping to check-in their own guests. Don't stay here.

The hostel is well located and the staff is nice and helpful. The breakfast is good and there's so much to eat that you do not need a lunch so it is good way to save money. But the bathroom in the private rooms is really not convenient.

• 26th Feb 2015

Some staff were more useful than others. They weren't very friendly when I first arrived, but when I had a problem a different staff member was very helpful, even offering me a different room from the one I was in. The free dinner is great. Saves so much money when I was there.

Really good central location, the directions getting to the hostel aren't the best, but the staff was really awesome. They have a bar inside and comfy beds in the dorms. Only downside is that you have to share bathrooms with others, but for me this wasn't a problem.

Great hostel. Staff were a little slow on the bar but pretty hard to fault it otherwise.

Loved the hostel and especially loved having cheap food and a bar downstairs, but the bathrooms were absolutely terrible. Water went everywhere and there was always a line in the morning, since we shared bathrooms with the whole floor. Beds/doors are also incredibly loud, so if you are a light sleeper then this is not for you. Great location though!

A very clean and friendly place with great events like the Free Dinner or Live Music. It's located in the city centre, which is great and the staff offers you any help you need! But in your room, there is no facility to put your valuables in a safe or locker, which means you have to give it to the staff next to the bar or you have to carry around everything. On every floor there are only 2 showers + toilets and one extra toilet, which means in high season there's going to be a long waiting line

Had an outstanding stay. Thanks.

• 23rd Feb 2015

Best Hostel I have ever stayed at, fantastic atmosphere, staff are very helpful and friendly. Great location and Superb facilities!

• 22nd Feb 2015

Copenhagen Downtown is an awesome hostel to stay at! The staff are all very friendly and helpful. The only thing that would have made this place even better is lockers in the rooms. Apart from that would definitely recommend this hostel in future.

This is hostel is awesome, great bar area for meeting people and having a drink at happy hour, live music 2 of the 5 nights we stayed. Free dinners everynight for those who got a seat early my friends said it wasn't bad. Very small kitchen but we always ate out. Very clean but serious lack of showers and toilets on each floor always queuing every morning...dorm rooms are quite small and the bunk beds are THE squeakiest ever don't expect a good sleep! Central location. Would stay here again

First, our foods in a fridge were stolen even if we wrote down our name and date of leaving. But there was no camera that's why we didn't know who stole it. We got a breakfast for free after we told to the staff. So it was OK. Second, we had a trouble in our room, but the front guy thought we couldn't speak English because of Asian face. That's why he wasn't polite. We've never had like these experience so that we didn't feel comfortable. But this location is nice, and rooms are clean.

Fantastic hostel in downtown Copenhagen. Very close to everything. Free dinner in the evening. They rent their own bikes parked conveniently in front of the hostel. Would definitely stay there again.