Copenhagen Downtown Hostel Reviews

Vandkunsten 5, Copenhagen, Denmark

Everything about our stay was fantastic. Our only complaint is that our room faced what sounded like the busiest street in all of Scandinavia. We kept the windows open for air but even with them closed it was impossible to block out the sound. Aside from that, the location and atmosphere was great.

• 12th Jun 2014

This hostel was clean and the location was fantastic. Unfortunately, the 'free dinner' is meat only so bad if you are vegetarian. One night there were a group of guys hanging round the entrance to where the rooms are. I could see that they didn't have a card to access the hostel as they were waiting to tailgate people. One of the guys went to tailgate me but I closed the door in his face. The girls who came in after us held the door open for these guys. I didn't think this was safe.

This place is the perfect hostel! Fun safe. The bar is great for meeting people. We loved it so much we are going back there unplanned on our trip. The staff is so helpfull and accommodating. In walking distance of almost everything. Fee dinner if you get there in time for a seat. Great and affordable breakfast with coffee. Clean as a whistle! Seriously! Book this place!

CPH downtown is a really good hostel for meeting people. It's in a good location (walking distance to most sights) The kitchen is very small and cramped considering the number of people that are staying in the hostel, but overall it's a fun hostel.

The hostel had an awesome communal atmosphere in the lobby. It is easy to meet new people at the bar or the free dinner. I really enjoyed staying at this hostel and strongly recommend it other travelers that want to be in young and exciting atmosphere.

• 9th Jun 2014

Nice Hostel. It would be nice, when there would be power Points and deposit Areas (for example to lay down your glasses) at the bed.

I thought the free group dinner was great, and I loved the atmosphere. Three bathrooms per floor was a little sparse, but we made it work.

I loved this place and all of the people I met and who worked there! I really enjoyed the lounge area, free dinner, and the great location.

• 6th Jun 2014

We were a group of 9 older ladies and we cannot fault the service and care that we had at the hostel All staff were kind, attentive and certainly not ageist! The hostel was clean and the breakfast good! We had a great stay

Great and quite helpful reception staff, both shifts (arrival in the afternoon and departure in the morning). Thankful about being able to leave the luggage at the room downstairs and visit the city in the meantime. Nice atmosphere in the hostel and the city. A pity that checkout time was at 10AM (after Distortion party you are quite sleepless :S )

• 6th Jun 2014
  • Spain

This is probably my favorite hostel I've stayed in based on the atmosphere and location. There weren't any lockers in the room I stayed in (6 bed dorm), but there were lockers to rent in the luggage storage room. The free dinner wasn't vegetarian-friendly the night that I was there, which was a little sad, but they have iPads to borrow for free, which was a nice surprise.

The service is pretty good and the staff gave us a lot of nice tips about restaurants, bakeries, tourist places and alternative places. I enjoyed the Copenhagen for tourists and a little bit of the ordinary day by day.

On the positive side, hostel staff very friendly and helpful, and the hostel was located an easy, flat walk from Central. However with a noisy bar downstairs (even on a Tuesday night) it was impossible to get any sleep.

The free meal every night and the free walking tours that pick up at the hostel is great for anyone's budget. I enjoyed drinking a few beers at the bar and had a good view of the town from my room. I would definitely recommend this hostel.

Bad internet signal on 6th floor, but everything else was very good

A very pleasant, happy staff and a real community atmosphere. Thank you for your sightseeing tips and all the help!

I had a great stay. Very great atmosphere and a good location. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Emma was especially helpful. After I lost my camera there she made sure it was safe and returned to me. Great staff!

The hostel is located close to many of the city's attractions. Also you have good access (metro, bus) to other interesting parts of copenhagen. Staff was very helpful and friendly, the atmosphere is nice and relaxed. bathrooms are cleaned several times a day. bedrooms are clean and spacious. the food you can buy in the bar (pizza, breakfast) is one of the best i have ever had in a hostel, dinner isn't, but it's free. it can get loud in the evenings, but the great atmosphere compensates for that.

The staffs were really nice and friendly. There's also a kitchen if you want to cook your own meals. The best thing was the free dinner everyday at 18.30, because who doesn't love free food. And the meals were delicious too.

This was an amazing hostel. Great atmosphere - you will have a brilliant time. Book it!

• 1st Jun 2014