Copenhagen Downtown Hostel Reviews

Vandkunsten 5, Copenhagen, Denmark

No complaints! Had a great time at this hostel.

Great hostel for meeting people, and is located pretty close to nearly all major attractions. There is free dinner, but you have to be sitting at two specific tables to get it. Would definitely recommend to anyone looking for a place to stay in Copenhagen.

I was looking forward to this hostel due to all the hype but frankly I didn't find it to be exceedingly amazing. I certainly enjoyed my stay here but I wasn't blown away. Staff is very nice and helpful. I appreciated being able to borrow an iPad since I did not bring a laptop computer on my travels. Lockers in the room were not big enough for even a backpack.

When check-in,l've waited more than half hour,it's a little bit annoying me,but other things quite good!clean and great breakfast!

Thanks for the feedback! We apologize if you had to wait so long to check in, it may happen sometimes that reception gets very busy in rush hours. We are happy to hear that despite of it you got to enjoy our place. Cleaning is one of our main priorities and glad to hear you got a bite of our tasty breakfast :) Take care and see you next time around! Downtown Team

Really enjoyed my time here. Incredible location, clean linens, helpful staff, and good atmosphere. The bathrooms were a bit dirty, but not horrible. Happy hour needed a bit more variation and wifi was pretty bad. Free dinner, if you get a seat, and good priced all-you-can-eat breakfast. Overall, I was satisfied with my stay and would go there again.

Large Lockers should be in the rooms not in the basement.really annoying. slow and not enough staff

• 26th Dec 2015
  • Poland

Thanks for the input. We apologise if you found reception wasn't always fast it may occur that we do have rush hours when everyone is coming to check in. On the other hand I am glad to see that despite of it you rate our staff with the highest score :) Regarding the lockers we are sorry you felt inconvenienced about not having big ones in the room, anyways we are refurbishing our facilities to include them so hope you can check it out next time around. Cheers from Downtown Team

Should be more clear that the dinner is first come, first serve

I like this hostel a lot Full sore from me Although the renovation thing is still going on during my stay. I love the lounge very much!

Thanks for the lovely input! We apologize if you experienced any issues with the noise but we are renovation your rooms to improve our rooms. Anyways it is very satisfying to hear that it didn't stop you from having a good time :) Looking forward to having you here again! Cheers from Downtown Team

Super. Better than Generator hostel because nicer atmosphere and they do not charge you for the luggage room here. Would come back .

I really wanted to like this hostel a lot as it won Hoscars in 2012, 2014, and 2015 and is in on Europe's Famous Hostel. But while the location is excellent near Tivoli and Christiansborg Palace, everything else was "good" to a "meh". Good - For it's size, the hostel is clean (besides the bathrooms). Bar area is nice. Staff answer stuff as needed but nothing more. Meh - Locker in room was broken. Free dinner is a sham as they are very strict on which tables it's served at.

I really liked my stay. The hostel was easy to find and the location was just great. Only cons I can think of were that there werent enough lockers in the rooms since most of them didnt work, and also it would have been nice to have more plugins in the room. The staff was always very friendly and they have a safe luggage room where you can leave your belongings before or after your stay, which was very handy.

Thanks for the feedback! Nice to read you enjoyed your time with us. We have unbeatable location and friendly staff 24/7 available to help you out and give you the best local tips. We are currently working on installing lockers in all of the rooms , hope you can check it out yourself next time you are around :) Take care! Cheers from Downtown Team

Good facilities, the bar area is quite social, and there is also a cool downstairs venue. During my (Christmastime) stay, there was also a free Christmas dinner for a few tables of people each evening. I'd recommend this place for a solo traveller.

This hostel was close to everything, really. It was close to the Copenhagen Mermaid, it was close to shops, it was close to parks, it was close to the Tivoli Gardens, restaurants, the metro--everything. The staff was so nice and so easy-going. They welcomed and made me feel immediately comfortable, taking genuine interest in me. The staff rivaled some 5 star and Forbes standards. The bar and downstairs "night club" was pretty awesome too. Impressed. 10/10

• 17th Dec 2015

The hostel was in a great location, clean, very sociable and we enjoyed our stay here. A tip for dinner - tables go quickly, so get there about 5 to make sure you get it!

Pros - I enjoyed the free dinner. Complainers - yes, it is limited, but I came on time, read a bit, talked to others and no problem. I f you show up 10 minutes before, then yes, it is too late. There could also be no dinner whatsoever....so if you have time, don´t miss it! As it is alive, good way to meet. Cons - If you want a small, cozy, family run place, go somewhere else. With 380 beds, this is about money. Also no lockers in the rooms, which were a bit too tight (4 dorm). Loud at night.

• 17th Dec 2015
  • Czech Republic

Great hostel, fantastic location

Dear all, I highly recommend this place which offers ALL needed to all kinds of travellers and budgets....a well conceived place to make encounters for sure and where the staff is very kind and helpful... i loved it! Catherine from Paris 😉

Beautiful hostel

Awesome location, very busy bar. Free dinner was a lottery each night, had to get there very early to get a seat, should do more servings! Staff could also be more proactive giving suggestions of attractions and cheap places to eat.

nice hostel, with a friendly fancy bar, perfect located in the centre