Copenhagen Downtown Hostel Reviews

Vandkunsten 5, Copenhagen, Denmark

Great hostel and great people staying and working there! Loved it and would definitely stay there again! One small comment on the hairdryers, they either didn't work or blew cold air. Other than that great place for sure!

some staff very service minded and others totally uninterested in helping costumers. But the hostel is really nice with many different travelers, nice beers and many board games. Perfect place for having a good time!

The "Free Dinner" information they share is not completely honest. Although the dinner was great and free, it was only for the first forty people to arrive. In a hostel with over a hundred people, this meant competition and many people left out. Dinner was served at 6:30pm - At one point some roommates said they'd arrived at 5:00pm and still could not find a seat. So the true option was: get free dinner and spend two hours sitting to guarantee it, or enjoy your day and pay for dinner

The room is too small. TOO SMALL. The idea of free shared dinner is very nice.

Good choice at all.

Loved this hostel! I was traveling alone and it's great for that -- creates a social atmosphere by having WiFi only in the downstairs; the bar in the main room; and the FREE dinners that help you connect with fellow travelers. I had the most amazing stay there, met some great friends and had an absolute blast in Copenhagen -- would recommend this place to anyone.

• 20th Dec 2014

Very nice hostel,clean and with a nice bar downstairs, on good location and very friendly staff. I wish it was a bit cheaper so could have stayed a bit longer, but since Denmark is an expensive country, the prices were relatively ok i guess.

The kitchen is extremelly small for the amount of guests they have and they lack even the very basics, ex. there were only 2 cups! The room I stayed in was also very small and there were no lockers or any place to store my things. They offer free dinners, but when I asked one of the people at the reception desk, I was told that it was always a hamburguer or some other meat dish, so no catering for vegetarians.

Awesome place in a perfect location. Friendly and knowledgable staff, Highly recommend it. Do the walking tour.

It's a beautiful hostel in Copenaghen center, atmosphere is very cool and I enjoy my trip thanks to it. Thank you!

• 19th Dec 2014

I was there many times and will always enjoy coming again. The personal is friendly and the atmosphere amazing.

Really enjoyed our stay here! The christmas dinner was amazing! It was so great to eat traditional danish food! We would definitely stay here again!

One of the best hostels I stayed at in Europe. The staff were very friendly and helpful and the meals available from the kitchen were quite good - breakfast is great value for money in the morning, very hearty, and free dinner in the evenings is a great way to meet other guests as well as enjoy a free meal in a rather expensive city. I would recommend staying in CPH Downtown to anyone traveling to Copenhagen and I'm likely to stay there again if I return to the city.

Fun times!!

It's a very big hostel. The bar down stairs is a good place to meet other travelers, as if the free dinner that is on each night. The kitchen is tiny considering the number of people staying there. Each floor only has 4 bathrooms which means you can be waiting up to an hour to use one. It's in a really good location, close to everything including the train station.

Check out time is too early. Nice bar. Very chilled. Will lend you a charger for your phone. Clean bathrooms. I found it quiet.

A really nice hostel with some of the friendliest staff I've come across. I wasn't expecting much from the free dinner but it was absolutely delicious and a really nice touch. The breakfast was also really good and worth paying for. The comments about plug sockets in the dorms are valid, but between the five of us in the dorm we managed to sort out all the charging time we needed.

The room for three people with private bathroom is way too small. once the third bed is open there is no space to move around and to store the luggages. even the bathroom is too small.

A great hostel in Copenhagen! Great staff, very cozy, well located, good atmosphere and free dinner! Highly recommended!

• 5th Dec 2014

We stayed one night in the 10 people mixed dorm. Our beds were right next to the door to the room, and there was no cover/curtain to block the noise when someone came in. Also, the air in the room was awful in the morning, as if there was no airconditioning at all! There were just a few toilets and showers for the whole floor, and the lines were long. Positives were the wifi (worked after you got in connected) and the bar downstairs. Wouldn't stay in hostel again though.

• 5th Dec 2014