Copenhagen Downtown Hostel Reviews

Vandkunsten 5, Copenhagen, Denmark

A hostel trying way too hard to be cool to actually care for backpackers staying in. Collective rooms only have place for the said number of persons but not for their bags. Which means you'll spend your evening stepping over each other's stuff. Also that you'll be really really hot all night long. There's no lockers, unless you want to pay more (30 Kr for a tiny one). Room keys actually open all of the floor rooms. Breakfast is 65 Kr but It is a buffet so you can have a brunch and save money.

Thanks for your feedback. We are sad to hear you didn't have the fantastic experience we are always so keen on providing to our guests, it doesn't sound like Downtown hostel at all.: rooms have free lockers and our paid lockers are very big indeed; key card access is exclusive to your floor and our staff main priority is serving our guests rather than being cool, that is not our concept. Let us know if you come by, will be more than glad to make sure you have a nice time. Cheers from Downtown!

The hostel was great overall. It was clean and the staff was friendly. The only thing I would suggest is maybe adding more power outlets to the dorm rooms. In order to charge anything I had to reach under the bed of the person in the bunk below me which was disruptive to them and awkward for me! Other than that everything was great but people like to be able to charge their devices easily! I heard others in my room comment on the lack of outlets also..

Thanks a lot for the feedback! All of our rooms have power outlets and we can also help you our if you need extra ones, furthermore our reception can also charge your devices if you need, but thanks for the info. We are glad that you had a nice time staying with us and we are looking forward to seeing you soon. Cheers from Downtown Team.

Really great location, clean rooms and friendly staff. Free dinner each evening was an added bonus too!

The bar downstairs and the free dinner were a great way to meet people. The rooms were nice, and great location in downtown Copenhagen.

Nice location in the city center, clean rooms and bathrooms. People are really helpfull and nice ! The bar with the hostel is also really cool, u can eat, drink or just meet travellers!

I had such a good stay at the Copenhagen Downtown Hostel! It's perfectly located right in the centre of the city. It's easy to meet somebody there, especially when you're traveling alone.

This is a perfect backpacker hostel! Or the perfect place to stay if you plan to stay up all night to party. BUT if you, like me, travel there to wake up early, then you might not appreciate the loud noises from the street at night. Since the hostel has a bar in the next building, with beanbags outside, you might think it's irritating if you have trouble sleeping. Otherwise I loved my stay, great atmosphere and great staff. I will definitly come back... but when my plan is to stay up all night!

A very average hostel, but with a better than average bar. Some of the staff were unhelpful- quite poor service in the bar from some. I asked to change to a bottom bunk, and this was refused- I have stayed in many hostels where this request has been granted if the bed was free- I think the girl on reception was just too lazy to bother

More like a large hotel than a hostel but still nice. Good facilities, nice bar, and lots of other things to entertain yourself (you can even get a tattoo). Close to the train station, but with that you get a sketchy street crowd, so location isn't the best.

The hostel was very good, with a great atmosphere and staff. Also, it was clean and organized. The only thing I didn't like was the bad soundproofing of the bedroom. As my bed was next to the door, I could hear the sound of the magnet cards opening the doors and people laughing and talking loud when waiting to use the bathroom. In one night people in the bedroom next to mine decide to party and play music loud late at night and it was difficult to sleep since I could really hear all very well.

Overall great experience here. Rooms are comfortable and spacious. One downfall is there are no big lockers in the rooms; it was not a big deal but was something we were used to having at other hostels. Showers were a good size, there is happy hour and it was nice to have a breakfast option (good variety). Atmosphere was great to meet people. Would stay again!

great place WiFi was good great location. bar downstairs is pretty legit and they have a great happy hour. makes it easy to meet other travelers.

Only criticism would be the unsecured entry to the dorm areas (a fob would have been more secure), but aside from that we had a really good stay! The staff on reception were exceptionally helpful and the location was very central. Overall we enjoyed our stay and would use this hostel again the future :)

• 15th Jul 2015

The most fun hostel I've ever been to. I have no idea what the nightlife in Copenhagen is like because I was having too much fun at the bar.

The 4 person rooms are on the small side with no place to store/lock your valuables. I found the air flow poor so we opened the window, but then it was noisy from the bar downstairs until 2-3am. The free dinner feeds about 3/4 of the people so if you are not aggressive you will not get a full meal. In all, it was an ok stay but I think the place would be better suited for a young solo traveler or a group/family renting their own space.

Overall the stay here was fine. However, the lack of lockers in the rooms was disappointing for a hostel this size. Even though there is an hourly check sheet next to the bathrooms signed by employees, at times it was apparent the level of cleanliness they signed off on varied greatly. Also for those arriving in the evening having to fight through the wave of people at the bar with your bags to check in is a pretty poor setup for a reception area.

Stay was great. Staff were very friendly and helpful. Traveller alone and met some great people within minutes of arriving.

• 14th Jul 2015

Amazing hostel. I can see why it's won awards. Location is superb, as is the staff and atmosphere.

Too much alcohol and drinking.

The vibe of the hostel was great, and the location was perfect. The smell of the room wasn't great though, and the toilets could have been cleaner. But it was nothing major. However, our room was quite cramped considered the amount we paid.