Copenhagen Downtown Hostel Reviews

Vandkunsten 5, Copenhagen, Denmark

This place is the best. We stayed 3 nights in the hostel and had such a good time! The staff are so friendly and help you with anything. The bar and entertainment at night was awesome but if you wanted to go out then it was in such a good location that you were close to everything! I highly reccomend Downtown Copenhagen!

• 17th Jun 2015
  • Scotland

The hostel was a great place to stay for a solo traveler. It's quite a social hostel with a nice heated outdoor area for hanging out on those cold days. The facilities were very comfortable and clean. Would definitely stay here again.

Very good in many points ! Just a bit too busy and crowded for me. But you might like it...!

• 17th Jun 2015

Awesome place! Great atmosphere and location

Wow. Wouldn't stay anywhere else. The environment is just so cool!

Great location, central to the tourist sights, on a more quiet sidestreet so you're not bombarded by noise and people. The bar is the center of the hostel, on the ground floor where you check in, and people meet for food, drinks, and laptops. I stayed solo in a 4 person bunk, was lucky enough to get along well with 2 of my roommates. This is of course is luck- but made going down to the bar to meet others much easier. Only neg. is no lockers in room and the storage room was too easy to get into.

Security gd w keytags entry on rooms n property. close to train station n shopping strip. bar & nearly opened club adds to party atmosphere property always clean as cleaners everywhere. worth a return visit

Nice hostel, real pity that they cancelled my reservation the same day and without letting me know.

Nice hostel with cozy bar, great location. However, it was extremely loud, making it impossible to sleep. VERY loud music from the hostels bar (and maybe some other place too, spontaneous party??) going on the whole night (until 5AM superloud, then somehow softer music). The staff was apologetic about it and immediately offered free breakfast to compensate, which was nice and we appreciate it.

Thanks a lot for your feedback! We are a very central hostel and in summer time streets can get noisy. We are glad to know that our staff took care of you despite of it and we hope to see you in your next visit to Copenhagen ;) Cheers from Downtown Team

Location was outstanding. Always nice to have a local bar too. Great to be able to rent bikes right there! The usual standard for the rooms. I found it odd that the people working there could not speak danish, but good that students get some work in other places - for them.

Great, social hostel and helpful staff. Average dorms (a 4-person female dorm had just enough room to walk and place bags next to the beds), but the downstairs bar & lounge area was fantastic. The breakfast buffet was a great deal, & each morning we met other travelers either at breakfast or happy hour who wanted to link up and explore Copenhagen together. Note: skip the dinner. Not enough food was prepared, so we only got peas, despite being 30 mins early.

Great hostel - would recommend it to anyone unless they don't some noise - bar is lively as is the street outside so if you have a front facing room expect some chatter and music. But overall the bar added to the atmosphere for us.

Had a lovely time at CPH Downtown Hostel. Definitely one of my favourite hostels in the world. The energy and the vibe around the place is lovely. People are great and the bar is always full. Great place to meet people, both local and other bag packers!

I usually travel a lot. I've been in different hostels and I think this is one of the best. Everything is clean, also is very well located there is pleasant. If you want to have fun, go there. There are a lot of guests at the hall and in the cafeteria talking and drinking beers. I recommend this hostel to everyone. :)

• 8th Jun 2015
  • Spain

we enjoyed our private room the first day but when we had a shared room with 4 other people we came to find out that our bags were snooped through. I suppose it comes with sharing a room. The staff was "ok" in response but they didn't seem to take it serious. The place was great though. Great location, awesome folks, and all. If you want a quiet night then request a higher floor to sleep in bc it gets loud. We were on the 2nd fl and could hear everything from the main hall with ppl socializing.

• 6th Jun 2015

Hostel located in a great place. Close to everything you need. Bathrooms and rooms were generally clean. Bring ear plugs if you want any sleep, walls and very thin and music goes until 5am. No lockers in the rooms. Overall would recommend.

Nice place w a great bar and street side lounge. Wasn't so easy to find but the location is pretty cool. Can't say it's a great value for what you get...you don't really get much. But it's a great place to meet people if traveling alone and the breakfast is pretty good if you don't mind spending some extra $$ Would recommend but not if you are only in town for a day or 2. You can find better and closer to the station.

I was really expecting that there would be lockers in my room. Otherwise, an amazing experience for a solo backpacker

Dear guest, Thanks for your feedback. Most of our dorms have lockers inside and we are working in getting lockers in all our rooms. For any issue reception is open 24/7 and our staff is willing to help. We also have big security boxes available to use outside dorms. Otherwise we are happy to know that you have fun staying with us. Hope you can come back soon! Regards from Copenhagen Downtown Team

Very nice hostel. Traveling alone, it was very easy to meet people at breakfast, dinner, and at the bar.

A trendy hostel with nice staff in a good location. It was extremely noisy at night though, to the point where I could not sleep. I think the noise was in the street rather than the hostel itself, but it didn't stop until around 4.30am, and this was on a Thursday. Bring some earplugs...

• 4th Jun 2015