Copenhagen Downtown Hostel Reviews

Vandkunsten 5, Copenhagen, Denmark

Awesome location, very busy bar. Free dinner was a lottery each night, had to get there very early to get a seat, should do more servings! Staff could also be more proactive giving suggestions of attractions and cheap places to eat.

nice hostel, with a friendly fancy bar, perfect located in the centre

Is The really best hostel in Copenhagen ;) I saw many hostel In Copenaghen and also In the Europe ,and this hostel is Amazing. Very very comfortable position, very nice price ,very amazing atmosphere I very very suggest this hostel :D Alex

Extremely good location (near the train station, the city center and metro station). Nice facilities (good wifi, bike rental, a very good breakfast for 9 usd, laundry) and they give you a free dinner every day this december (you just must have a seat in the overcrowed common room wich is very difficult!). Really helpful staff. Cons: overcrowded hostel (sometimes had to queue for contacting the reception). Anyway, I would recommend them.

Very noisy hostel to stay in, really loud music playing from the bar until 5am at the weekend and toilets next to our room were opened up for use from drunk people in the bar, causing noise and disruption all night. Very suprised as reviews are good, but from our experience this hostel was not good value for money.

Perfectly located hostel with great bar area for socializing. Free dinner was fantastic but take note that only 40 people can partake, and you'll have to arrive early if you want to eat for free. Bathroom floors were often wet, but no complaints otherwise.

This was a really excellent location, close walking distance to the main sights. The atmosphere in the bar wad thr best. Very easy to meet other travellers. The Saturday I stayed they had the biggest DJ in Denmark playing in the downstairs bar. Was so great . Also cool that the walking tour leaves from the hostel. Enjoyed this place very much. Book it!!!

Thanks for the input! Happy to hear you got to see Trentemøller in our new UnderBar :D We are not just a hostel but a nightlife reference if you wanna get to know a bit of the underground scene going on in the city and meeting locals. Every Saturday we have national/international artists coming to play, rest of the days you will still find the best vibe in the city no matter what. Spread the word and we hope to see you back! Cheers and love from Downtown Team

I had a shirt stolen.

• 10th Dec 2015

Hi there! We are sorry to hear that you lost a shirt, did you ask reception? Sometimes people can take some stuff by mistake without any intention to steal. Sad to hear that incident just gave us a 66%, bit unfair don't you think? You are always welcome to write us in case that it was lost in the room and we found it. Take care and travel safe, Downtown Team

Really nice place

• 10th Dec 2015

The hostel is very central to everything walking distance from the Metro. Breakfast is contiental self service with lovely breads ham cheese etc. Staff couldnt be nicer and the place was clean felt very safe there would highly recommend it.

Cheers for taking the time and writing us about your stay. We know how handy is to be walking distance of main sights of the city, glad that you enjoy it :) Our staff will be more than happy to hear your feedback, as travelers we do know the importance of finding a smiley face willing to help. We really enjoyed having you here and we hope you visit us next time around :D Regards from Downtown Team

It is difficult to find fault with the hostel, the staff , or indeed the city of Copenhagen, I had a great trip Thanks

Thanks for the nice feedback! We are always happy to hear good things about your stay :) Just looking forward to seeing soon :) Cheers and love from Downtown Team

I had a really, really good time at this hostel and am already planning to come back some time in the future.

Hi there! Thank you so much for the wonderful input. We couldn't be happier about your feedback and we are looking forward to seeing you back in here :D Make sure you come by and say hello to all of us, cheers and love from Downtown Team

I enjoyed myself at this hostel . Friendly staff . Also very helpful . Clean environment .

• 6th Dec 2015

The staff was excellent, they truly made my experience. So nice, cool, and helpful. The common area with the bar was awesome and we loved the free traditional dinner. The only downside was that the bathrooms on my floor smelled a bit, but all in al we absolutely loved it and would totally stay again.

+++ Well localized hostel, with a friendly staff and a nice environment. The rooms are really small (for 6 people) but the bed was confortable. --- Quite noisy during the night. Impossibility of having breakfast before 7am. Only one shower in the floor (every floor had 6/7 rooms with 6 beds each).

• 6th Dec 2015
  • Portugal

my assigned bed was not clean upon arrival bathrooms were dirty, and no soap also having to pay for lockers the bar in the basement was playing music until at least 3 am which kept up everyone in my room, no one could sleep.

The dorm room where i stayed did not have any place to hang the clothes. Also no rubbish bin in the room. There was plenty of space in the room itself so even a chair or something would have been a practical addition. Otherwise the beds and everything was very okay.

Very, very noisy

I thought it was really fun and I appreciated the cleanliness, and enjoyed the atmosphere downstairs was really cool. The staff is super nice and always smiling. I enjoyed it a lot and I would definitely stay again.

• 3rd Dec 2015

Staff were friendly. Rooms were very cramped and no lockers - nothing at all to store your belongings. Extra charge for sheets and towel, but that seems to be common at hostels in Copenhagen. This is a party hostel, not a place to stay if you want to sleep before 2am.