Copenhagen Downtown Hostel Reviews

Vandkunsten 5, Copenhagen, Denmark

A very good large hostel, Copenhagen Downtown offered large rooms with plenty of room to stretch out. The bar area at reception is also very nice. Accessing the rooms is a bit unusual, however,as you must exit the building from reception and take another entrance to gain access to the steps. In all, it was a great place to stay and offered great value in one of the world's most expensive cities.

Absolutely fantastic! Perfect location in the city centre - literally next to the Stroget and Tivoli Gardens - a very lovely staff, accommodation in clean and quiet rooms. They also offer a free dinner at 6.30pm every night (first come, first served!), wifi is free and functioning in the common room (and - differently from what happens in several hostels - it actually works, and it is very fast!) A really positive experience, I totally recommend this hostel - looking forward to coming back!

• 19th Nov 2013

Hostel was ace for everything apart from sleeping - precarious beds and music til 6 from a nearby club.

Hi P. Thank you for your feedback. We are very good located and there is a lot of people during the weekends. Part of being part of the action! Cheers, Copenhagen Downtown Staff

Best place to stay in Copenhagen. The location is perfectly situated. The staff was very helpful and the free dinner was a good plus. The atmosphere was very welcoming.

Great location and staff. Comfortable beds and good laundry fasciities. Only gripe is that the 6th floor doesn't have enough shower/toilet ratio to those staying on the floor so there are queues. Easily fixed by going else where. Also I'm not the biggest fan of open showers with toilets in the same room. Besides that - great stay!

Great location, walking distance to all attractions and places of interest but in a quiet lane so there was no disturbance from the hustle and bustle of the city. Room was small but sufficient for just a few nights stay. Counter staff was patient and friendly. Overall, a good experience.

Great place in an excellent location! ~1 km from central station. This is a big 7-floor hostel but doesn't feel that way. Super clean. Well-equipped kitchen. I'd stay here again. Notes: Wifi free in the lobby, but bogs down in evening. Better wifi, including in rooms, costs 70 DKK for your stay. Bike rental 70 DKK/day. Credit card can be used for everything, so I spent 2 days here with no DKK cash at all.

One of the best hostels i had the pleasure to stay.

Perfect place to meet people. Very helpful and kind staff. The lockers in the hostel cost 30kr which is for your whole stay. You can even have it after you check out, just tell the staff when you gonna pick up your luggage. It does help a lot for someone carry two big suitcases like me. The room and the shower room were not fancy but you can still have a good rest. I didn't get any cold water in the shower during my stay, which I consider it as the most important thing of it.

• 2nd Nov 2013
  • Taiwan

Hi L. Thank you for your comments. You seemed to have a great time overall!! Fantastic! Kind regards, CPH Downtown Staff

Plus: Staff were totally friendly. Minus: you need to pay 20 or 30 DKK in order to get the key for the locker AND to leave your ID card to the reception, apparently without reasons, because than you're not refunded with your money when you give the key back. No possibilities to use a personal locker!!

Hi M. I think there is a little confusion here. You rent a locker and we request an ID as a deposit. That's all! All lockers are Personal, of course... I don't understand that part. Cheers and glad you had fun! CPH Downtown Staff

I strongly recommend you have a locker in the room

• 1st Nov 2013
  • China

Hi Y. Thank you for your comments. We are installing these days a new locker system in rooms. Happy days! Kind regards, CPH Downtown Staff

Staff is very friendly and helpful. Location is good but it depends where you are going, metro is 10-15 mins away by foot. My room was a 4 female dorm and it was really small. When i woke up in the middle of the night it was hard to sleep again, there was no air and I couldn't open the window cause it was cold outside. One more thing, first the reception put me in a wrong room and i had to change it the other day but they gave me free breakfast for it:)

Very good hostel, well located, a very good place to meet people, especially during the free dinner. The toilets should be also cleaned early in the morning, since around 10 they were really dirty. I should I had been warned on site about the credit card fee when I checked in

Good location, nice bar. Situation with lockers was slightly odd, and there were not enough showers and toilets. Otherwise, a solid place to stay. Would recommend.

The city itself is fascinating and the hostel offers a variety of options to make you comfortable during your stay.

The kitchen is a little bit small considering the size of the hostel. The staff was especially bad. Not friendly at all, you asked for things and didn't know at all, and there was this time when i came to ask something, they were chit chatting and asked me to wait! Received a very bad facebfrom the guy. Rooms are fine but you hace to pay to use de lockers in them and storage your luggage when you leave. Cannot have your own drinks in the hostels and have to buu theirs, which isnt cheap!

Hi M. Thank you for your comments. I'm sorry for your comments. I'm pretty surprised about your comments of the Staff. As you see our Staff has good rating and there are always on top. I will investigate about it. Drinks are very cheap compare to where we are located and our great vibes! Kind regards Copenhagen Downtown Staff

CPH is a nice hostel, especially the bar is a nice place to hang out, good place to meet people.

• 19th Oct 2013
  • Belgium

CPH downtown has a very friendly and engaging staff. It's location is convenient for many downtown sights and was even a short walk from Central Station. I rented a bike that allowed me to explore even the outskirts of the city. My only beef with this place was the noise late at night into early morning, which repeatedly woke me. I would blame the other guests for this issue, who lacked some basic courtesy. Excellent stay overall!

• 17th Oct 2013