Copenhagen Downtown Hostel Reviews

Vandkunsten 5, Copenhagen, Denmark

This was an amazing hostel. Great atmosphere - you will have a brilliant time. Book it!

• 1st Jun 2014

My 2nd time in Copenhagen and decided to go back to this hostel. I wasn't disappointed the 2nd time around. Everything is awesome at this place!!!!

• 31st May 2014

This hostel was fantastic. The free dinners firstly were free, and also made it so easy to meet people and make friends. The bar downstairs is very reasonably priced for Copenhagen standards, and it's in a great location. There could maybe have been more showers for the number of people there, as there was often a bit of a queue but other than that no complaints.

there is a bar attached to the hostel and is also the reception, and the staff are more interested in looking after the bar than the check-ins/out or other enquiries. the staff are for some reason are not able to book (or cancel) extra nights if you want to extend (or shorten) your stay but you have to get on the internet and find there website to do it yourself, dumb!

Perfect place to stay if you are backpacking our just don't want to spend to much money on accommodations while still live down town. Keep up the good work!

• 29th May 2014
  • Sweden

Thanks Hanna we are so happy when we see that our work pays off :-) Defently hope to see you again / see you Downtown Team

+ nice atmosphere, friendly staff, great common area downstairs / outside of the hostel, free dinners, located very close to the central station and city centre - not enough showers, no lockers, many floors and no lift

awesome hostel, great staff, great atmosphere. this was my favourite hostel on my trip. the hostel world directions to the hostel are confusing so look it up first

One of my favorite hostels I've been to. Great location, amazing facilities, very clean and staff were super helpful. I can't recall getting free dinner anywhere else. Definitely nice in an expensive city! Made it easy to meet people and incredibly social place. Great bar to have drinks with fellow travelers afterwards as well. Only downside I can think is no lockers in my room, and the curtains could be darker as it gets light out at 4am this time of year! Would definitely like to go back!!

Excellent hostel! The free dinner is an awesome way to meet people. Great atmosphere! Would highly recommend this place if you're traveling on your own. Excellent location, lots of stuff to do near by. The bike hire was great for getting out and seeing the rest of the city.

I had an amazing stay at cph downtown!! The staff were all super helpful, the location was amazing, and the atmosphere was even better. My only concerns: showers were literally in the same room as toilets, so if you showered and wanted to get ready after you had to do it in a bathroom with a soaked floor, also not all the rooms had lockers, but you could rent them from the reception which was handy. Free dinner was awesome and always delicious (come early!!!!) and the breakfast was worth it!

I really enjoyed my short stay here. As someone traveling alone I found it exceptionally easy to meet other travelers which is really what made my experience in the city so fun. The hostel offers free dinner each night, shortly followed by a happy hour. Both of these made it really easy to meet people and have fun. I would highly recommend it to anyone looking for a place to stay in Copenhagen.

We went on a 12-day trip to Europe and Copenhagen was our first and last stop. We stayed at the Copenhagen Downtown Hostel both times and it was by far our favorite hostel of the whole trip! Would highly recommend staying here.

A fantastic hostel in a fantastic place. I'm so glad I came here, it really made my experience at Copenhagen better!

• 25th May 2014

I loved This hostel! If you just want some quiet place to stay This is not your hostel, but if you want a godo time cdh is your place

Great place to meet people and buy cheap drinks..not such a good place for a good sleep. Rooms are quite noisy from the bar downstairs and no ventilation in the rooms which makes them hot and smelly. But I would still recommend this hostel as a fun place to stay.

I loved this place. The staff were awesome and it was a great location. The only thing I would say it does get quite loud, but if you like that kind of thing, then this place is for you.

A free dinner every night is a massive bonus too- and was a nice surprise

• 23rd May 2014

Tottaly nice,no big complaint.But domitorly room was little bit small.

Wifi works well, nice little kitchen, comfy beds. The important bits. Free dinner if you show up early enough to get a seat/plate, which is awesome! Staff is great, location is perfect, right in the middle of the city. It's a bit noisy with people being loud in the halls and stomping around on other floors (from the bedroom), but not bad.

The hostel was excellent. The atmosphere made it easy to meet new people. The staff were knowledgeable and helpful.