Copenhagen Downtown Hostel Reviews

Vandkunsten 5, Copenhagen, Denmark

Excellent location in easy walking distance of all main attractions! Friendly staff :)

Hostel is great for meeting new people. Staff can be quite curt (most likely due to the huge number of guests). There is no elevator in the building and we stayed on the 5th floor so it gets really tiring to carry our heavy suitcases upstairs, or after a long day of sightseeing. Would be much better if there's an indication of floor number each floor (you sort of lose count of the number of floors you've climbed when you're out of breath and carrying a suitcase).

Excellent hostel. Great atmosphere and location. Would definitely go back or recommend to others.

Very good, the hostel was very impressive and lovely thanks for the week end!!

• 4th Aug 2014

I was for 3 days and it was the best hostel I've been in long time. The fact that they have free dinner at 18:30 and a bar means that you wil meat new people asap! Excelent place to stay at Copenhague any time!

Highly recommend this hostel! Free dinner, the bar downstairs, and the location are all excellent. Main gripe is the lack of anywhere to secure your valuables in the room, you'd have to buy a locker downstairs.

Overall really good hostel, I would recommend it. It was annoying that in the 10 dorm room, the room smelt a little and there was only one small window that was open which didn't really air out the room. Also, being a veggie there wasn't always a veggie option for dinner.

The building is built like a square with the center carved out, acting as a trash/storage area. Most of the rooms have windows the face into this center area giving off little to know breeze and making the rooms quite hot during the summer months (but only the summer months). Also there were just 3 toilets and 3 showers per floor where there were potentially 50 or 60 people staying. Otherwise it was pretty decent.

• 2nd Aug 2014

Large hostel, but very nice. Helpful staff. I arrived late, all currency exchange places were closed, and I only had euros on me. I was very hungry and the staff heated me up a plate of the left over free dinner they made that night. Free dinner every night is great. Breakfast is a little pricey but it's all you can eat. Rooms were spacious and beds were comfortable. Windows needed to stay open cuz it was hot, but let noise in. Free ear plugs at reception. Short walk from station. Stay there!

The hostel is loud, and you have to wait in long queues to check in or get anything done at reception. Also, I paid for and booked a twin room and on arrival got given a room bunk bed. If I had wanted to sleep in a bunk bed, I would have paid significantly less for a dorm!

Really great place to stay. Fantastic atmosphere and perfect location - would recommend!

• 31st Jul 2014

It was a nice hostel. The rooms were an ok size (we stayed in an 8 bed mixed dorm) and there was a kitchen to cook in. However, I've never stayed in such a loud hostel in my life. The noise isn't coming from the hostel itself but a club on the street. If you get a room facing the back the music goes on til about 4 in the morning and sounds like it is actually in your room. This was every night. It's a good location but got no sleep at all.

• 31st Jul 2014

at least 15 mins walk from central station or norreport metro station, but its near stroget, the pedestrian streets in Copenhagen! friendly staff, clean room and bathroom, no free breakfast but free DINNER!!! enjoy to stay here! p.s. i would recommend more power ports in each room as there are only 3 power ports in 4-bed dorm

Great location and great atmosphere. There are TONS of people to meet at this hostel. They also provide great programs. The breakfast buffet was worth the money as well.

Fantastic location and a wonderful bar. However the cost of everything in Scandinavia is astronomical. Be prepared for shocking bills on everything. Good hostel despite the fact that my pack was stolen right out of my room.

A fantastic hostel, a must for all travellers. Nelly was amazing with helping us sort accommodation, where to go in Copenhagen and arranging our bike rentals. Thank you for making our stay so incredible.

• 28th Jul 2014

Really good place to stay again on a return journey through copenhagen. If you want the free meal, sit down at the right tables early as it's very popular.

A large scale hostel and feel. Rooms were too warm during summer, including downstairs common area where they insisted on lighting candles even though it was 30 degrees outside. Showers including complementary soap/shampoo, which was nice.

A very nice hostel, not too big which made the ambiance great. It's not a cheap hostel but the free dinners are good and can save you money. Great facilities, nice beds, I loved the hangout area where you can eat, chill, have drinks and every now and then they got live music :). The rooms were very hot, on the 6th floor with no air conditioning or what so ever made it almost impossible to sleep. But after that first night they offered me a bed on the bottom, that was way better.

One of the best hostels I've stayed in. Great staff, great location, great common area and bar to meet people and very clean rooms and bathrooms. It is true there is no air con and the place was quite hot during my stay, however I understand its a rarity that Copenhagen has 7 x 30deg days in a row, so I'm prepared to let this go. No hostel is perfect, but for the price you would be hard pressed to beat this.