Copenhagen Downtown Hostel Reviews

Vandkunsten 5, Copenhagen, Denmark

Great to have the free dinner as it saves travellers cash, and a good way to meet people too. The paid breakfast is also worth it as it is a buffet and plenty to choose from. The walking tours leaving from the hostel are great, we did the morning now which is the same walking tour we were planning on doing when we googled 'free walking tour'. Good area to stay in, easy to get to trains. Would stay here again and have recommended it to others already!

Great location, great staff, very fun hostel to stay at. Big lines waiting for bathrooms in the morning was the only downside

The hostel itself was nice... Great atmosphere and super easy to meet more fun people there. We were a bit frustrated on our first night because the hostel put my friend and I in separate rooms despite the fact that we had booked over a month prior. Other than that enjoyed the hostel and would stay there again.

See all those pictures of everyone having a good time? That's going to be you if you stay here. Copenhagen Downtown Hostel has easily been my favorite hostel of all time (currently on a 3 month euro-trip, i've seen a lot of them) the rooms and facilities are fine, everything you'd expect from a competent hostel. What really sets them apart is the social atmosphere and the friendliness of the staff. I will miss Emma, Elmar, and the rest of the crew.

Really nice to be there, very kind and nice staff and really good location. Maybe a bit cleaner would be perfect.. We really apreciated the athmosfere, the services and the people who were there!

• 27th Nov 2015

Brilliant hostel with really friendly staff in a great location.

Everything was great. Very chic, modern and clean. Central location!

A very clean and friendly hostel! The location was perfect and we find a lot of beautiful activities. I really reccomend this Hostel :) Giacomo

• 25th Nov 2015
  • All Male Group, 18-24

The hostel was clean and comfortable. The staff were always really helpful and friendly. Was very easy to meet people and had a great atmosphere. The hostel even had some really good live music.

• 25th Nov 2015

truly a great welcome thank you Denmark had a super time and will be back

• 24th Nov 2015

Facilities available were good. Wish there were better showering facilities. The water wouldn't cool down and was too hot to use. The bar area is very nice, room was clean.

• 23rd Nov 2015

Beatiful reception girl Nelly. It's very clever that the this hostel knows how to take advantage of this beautiful girl. Like you Nelly:)

• 23rd Nov 2015
  • China

Amazing location, very close to the central railway station. Amazing staff and nice atmosphere. Would come again if I visit Copenhagen.

The bathrooms/showers smelled REALLY bad and generally didn't feel clean. The WiFi was terrible. If you're trying to get any work done, stay somewhere else. The walking tour was great and they had a nice bar area with a good atmosphere.

Great hostel with amazing atmosphere. Staff was friendly and accommodating. Free dinner is a great way to meet fellow travellers. Big beds in the common area let you catch a nap after you've checked out and you're waiting for your flight. Location is just a short walk to lots of great areas, 10 minute walk to the metro. Loved it here and would definitely recommend.

• 22nd Nov 2015
  • All Male Group, 25-30

Great service all the staff were very kind and helpfully!!

Good service and friendly staff. Cosy environment and conveniently located .

First stay at a hostel was a great experience! I was worried because I heard about so many hostels being dirty and uncomfortable but this one was clean, had a great atmosphere, was perfectly located, and was all around a wonderful place to stay. The free dinners are a great way to meet people; I ended up hanging out with someone I met at the hostel during my whole trip. Definitely would recommend this hostel to anyone, especially solo travelers.

• 22nd Nov 2015

We had a fire alarm the night we stayed - I would perhaps consider shortening the Danish part of the announcement as we just stood there for a few minutes unsure as to what was being said. I do, of course, appreciate that we were in Denmark but I would think most guests are not Danish - perhaps shortening to "please evacuate the building" in several languages. Also a sign on the shower in the toilet as my friend got a surprise soak! :)

• 21st Nov 2015

Great atmosphere and the bar areas are awesome and reasonably priced. Really central location and clean rooms as well. Only thing is showers get a bit dirty in the morning rush.

• 21st Nov 2015