Copenhagen Downtown Hostel Reviews

Vandkunsten 5, Copenhagen, Denmark

The hostel is in a very central location wich makes it easy to walk around. The staff is very friendly and the atmosphere is great!

• 8th Aug 2014

Easily one of the best hostels in Europe, nothing bad to say. Everything is top notch!

I really enjoyed my stay at the Hostel. It was a much busier hostel than I anticipated and was very noisy at night. I didn't feel there were enough toilets / bathrooms per floor and they were continuously becoming blocked or near over flowing which made the wet areas quite dirty. I felt staff assistance was ok however they didn't appear very approachable and the free dinner was very limited. Despite this, it was a fantastic location and really easy to get around which is really what you want.

Lovely atmosphere with a good location, plenty happening downstairs at the bar when I stayed. Would go again

Great hostel, good atmosphere and one of the best breakfast from our trip.

a private bedroom is too expensive for the room. we only had a bunkbed with no towels and not even a table or a closet to put our stuff. the hostel itself is very nice but if we pay a lot of money for having a private bedroom, then make it worth the money

Excellent location in easy walking distance of all main attractions! Friendly staff :)

Hostel is great for meeting new people. Staff can be quite curt (most likely due to the huge number of guests). There is no elevator in the building and we stayed on the 5th floor so it gets really tiring to carry our heavy suitcases upstairs, or after a long day of sightseeing. Would be much better if there's an indication of floor number each floor (you sort of lose count of the number of floors you've climbed when you're out of breath and carrying a suitcase).

Excellent hostel. Great atmosphere and location. Would definitely go back or recommend to others.

Very good, the hostel was very impressive and lovely thanks for the week end!!

• 4th Aug 2014

I was for 3 days and it was the best hostel I've been in long time. The fact that they have free dinner at 18:30 and a bar means that you wil meat new people asap! Excelent place to stay at Copenhague any time!

Highly recommend this hostel! Free dinner, the bar downstairs, and the location are all excellent. Main gripe is the lack of anywhere to secure your valuables in the room, you'd have to buy a locker downstairs.

Overall really good hostel, I would recommend it. It was annoying that in the 10 dorm room, the room smelt a little and there was only one small window that was open which didn't really air out the room. Also, being a veggie there wasn't always a veggie option for dinner.

The building is built like a square with the center carved out, acting as a trash/storage area. Most of the rooms have windows the face into this center area giving off little to know breeze and making the rooms quite hot during the summer months (but only the summer months). Also there were just 3 toilets and 3 showers per floor where there were potentially 50 or 60 people staying. Otherwise it was pretty decent.

• 2nd Aug 2014

Large hostel, but very nice. Helpful staff. I arrived late, all currency exchange places were closed, and I only had euros on me. I was very hungry and the staff heated me up a plate of the left over free dinner they made that night. Free dinner every night is great. Breakfast is a little pricey but it's all you can eat. Rooms were spacious and beds were comfortable. Windows needed to stay open cuz it was hot, but let noise in. Free ear plugs at reception. Short walk from station. Stay there!

The hostel is loud, and you have to wait in long queues to check in or get anything done at reception. Also, I paid for and booked a twin room and on arrival got given a room bunk bed. If I had wanted to sleep in a bunk bed, I would have paid significantly less for a dorm!

Really great place to stay. Fantastic atmosphere and perfect location - would recommend!

• 31st Jul 2014

It was a nice hostel. The rooms were an ok size (we stayed in an 8 bed mixed dorm) and there was a kitchen to cook in. However, I've never stayed in such a loud hostel in my life. The noise isn't coming from the hostel itself but a club on the street. If you get a room facing the back the music goes on til about 4 in the morning and sounds like it is actually in your room. This was every night. It's a good location but got no sleep at all.

• 31st Jul 2014

at least 15 mins walk from central station or norreport metro station, but its near stroget, the pedestrian streets in Copenhagen! friendly staff, clean room and bathroom, no free breakfast but free DINNER!!! enjoy to stay here! p.s. i would recommend more power ports in each room as there are only 3 power ports in 4-bed dorm

Great location and great atmosphere. There are TONS of people to meet at this hostel. They also provide great programs. The breakfast buffet was worth the money as well.