Copenhagen Downtown Hostel Reviews

Vandkunsten 5, Copenhagen, Denmark

A very clean and friendly place with great events like the Free Dinner or Live Music. It's located in the city centre, which is great and the staff offers you any help you need! But in your room, there is no facility to put your valuables in a safe or locker, which means you have to give it to the staff next to the bar or you have to carry around everything. On every floor there are only 2 showers + toilets and one extra toilet, which means in high season there's going to be a long waiting line

Had an outstanding stay. Thanks.

• 23rd Feb 2015

Best Hostel I have ever stayed at, fantastic atmosphere, staff are very helpful and friendly. Great location and Superb facilities!

• 22nd Feb 2015

Copenhagen Downtown is an awesome hostel to stay at! The staff are all very friendly and helpful. The only thing that would have made this place even better is lockers in the rooms. Apart from that would definitely recommend this hostel in future.

This is hostel is awesome, great bar area for meeting people and having a drink at happy hour, live music 2 of the 5 nights we stayed. Free dinners everynight for those who got a seat early my friends said it wasn't bad. Very small kitchen but we always ate out. Very clean but serious lack of showers and toilets on each floor always queuing every morning...dorm rooms are quite small and the bunk beds are THE squeakiest ever don't expect a good sleep! Central location. Would stay here again

First, our foods in a fridge were stolen even if we wrote down our name and date of leaving. But there was no camera that's why we didn't know who stole it. We got a breakfast for free after we told to the staff. So it was OK. Second, we had a trouble in our room, but the front guy thought we couldn't speak English because of Asian face. That's why he wasn't polite. We've never had like these experience so that we didn't feel comfortable. But this location is nice, and rooms are clean.

Fantastic hostel in downtown Copenhagen. Very close to everything. Free dinner in the evening. They rent their own bikes parked conveniently in front of the hostel. Would definitely stay there again.

Really fun, definitely a party hostel and extremely centrally located. Staff is very helpful and the food and drinks are good and cheap. There is always a party going on which is fun but can be a bit loud.

The hostel was in a great location, had a great atmosphere, and the staff were extremely helpful. The only thing negative I have to say about the hostel is that no lockers were provided. They had lockers in the basement but for a fee.

Booked a 4-dorm private room. Everything good except the bathrooms. They were out of paper, smelled pee, wet floor and suddenly the water stopped working as i was going to wash my hands. Wifi works but you feel like you're on 2g. With a Nokia. From the 70s.

The whole hostel in general was very nice. I would repeat it again.

• 18th Feb 2015
  • Spain

The vibe at this hostel was great, met lots of cool people here. Buffet breakfast not included but worth the money. Location is convenient to city sites. Highly recommend.

This was a brilliant hostel, fantastic atmosphere and facilities, only downside was that if you wanted to have the free dinner you had to get there at least 2 hours early if not more. But hey it's free so can't complain too much! =)

The hostel is perfect, the atmosphere and THE FREE DINNER is the best thing ever! well, the price for me is quite expensive but it's just a normal price for a hostel in copenhagen.

• 16th Feb 2015
  • Indonesia

Tiny room, bathroom was so small I couldn't actually sit on the toilet, weird atmosphere that wasn't very personal (I think the hostel is a victim of its size). This is somewhere to stay for the location, not much else. Would probably suit 18-21 year olds best.

Hi, so bad you had this experience. We would have loved to meet you so that you have told you more about what is going on,. Free walking tours, happy hour, nice parties every evening and a lot of interesting people to meet from many countries. We are so focused on the staff ratings and more then 9 out 10 top rates our service. So you must have been unlucky anyway hope to see you again soon :-)

Great hostel; if you like to party, it's a great place to meet people. I just wish there were lockers in the rooms; the lockers are in the basement, and it costs money to rent them. That's not too cool; hostels need available lockers.

Great place to meet people and the common area being so close to the bar really makes for a wonderful atmosphere on any given night, very fun place to stay. Compared to any of the other hostels in the Copenhagen area the choice to stay here is a no brainer

Really great experience! Cool hostel lounge room, boppin bar, wicked staff, great drink specials and perfect location! My friends and I were there for Valentines Day and we got free cheesecake and champagne from the hostel! All round great weekend away! Will definitely be back again soon!

I only stayed for one night, but I instantly regretted not staying longer. The location is great, the staff super helpful and fun, great offer from the hostel (free walking tour, happy hour and so on), the rooms very nice (I stayed in a dorm). In the morning there was a bit of a line for the bathrooms/toilets, but nothing too serious. I can only recommend this hostel.

The so called twin ensuite was a shower head directly over the toilet. So everywhere was wet if we tried to use that shower. Very clean hostel. Bar downstairs was good and breakfast was good. They could of advertised pub crawls or even the hostel themselves I think would do well to organize their own pub crawl. Plenty of people around would be keen to do it. Room prices aren't cheap but I guess nowhere else in Copenhagen is either