Copenhagen Downtown Hostel Reviews

Vandkunsten 5, Copenhagen, Denmark

good hostel in a good location! one downside was that the wifi was absolutely terrible and by terrible I mean practically unusable

The hostel is in a great location in Indre By between the town hall and Christiansborg. There's a large bar/restaurant downstairs where everyone hangs out. Being so large though, people are in their own little groups so it could be more difficult for a solo traveler to meet people than in a smaller hostel. The staff are fun and friendly. They were doing construction, so the elevator was periodically unavailable and the water was turned off for a whole day.

Very cool hostel! Had I known I'd be extending my Copenhagen stay, I would have wanted to stay longer there. The staff was really nice and provided a lot of information! The free walking tour was a plus, too, as I got a lot more history out of the city. Also met some cool people there even though my stay was short. Will definitely return whenever I go back!!

• 19th Apr 2015

This was the best hostel I ever was at ;). Perfect location and hostel.

I know this is a big call but I have traveled around the world and stayed at many hostels and this one is the best so far(in 4 years of travelling). It has a bar that creates great atmosphere, the staff are awesome and kind and helpful, which is a huge bonus when travelling. I had a great time and hope to come back here. The showers do get cold in peak hour so get up earlier if you enjoy warm showers.

Really fantastic hostel! The free dinners and free walking tour are a great way to meet people for solo travelers! The hostel isn't that close to a metro station, which may deter you, but don't let it - it's a fantastic location in walking distance to everything

Very impressed with this hostel. Clean. Friendly. Great bar downstairs. Met some super rad people. Highly recommended.

Loved the breakfast. And the bar is perfect to hang around. Just if you are really sensitiv to noise, it might not be the best (but still a good) place to stay.

Such friendly staff, they always have a smile for you, no matter how busy the reception is! Breakfast is awesome and the whole place has a friendly, relaxed atmosphere

Hostel was decent, with an awesome bar to meet people, but it is let down by the facilities. On one level with at least 30 beds, there is only 3 toilets and 2 showers. There was always a line for the bathroom as a result. It was also quite expensive for what it's worth, but I guess that's Copenhagen for you!

There were no lockers in the dorm. Apparently Copenhagen is so safe that this is not necessary. However, it would have been nice to have some storage space in the room.

Staff were really welcoming and helpful. It was a great hostel. Only problem was the bed wasn't properly clean when I arrived. There was something like food crumbs under the covers. Everything else about the place was great.

• 13th Apr 2015

Very good hosteland staff. Clean secure friendly good location and a free dinner.

Simply great, I loved it!

When I stayed, the lift didn't work, I coulnd't close the window in the room tightly, and toilets and showerooms were so dirty and not enough to whole people in the floor. If you want to meet new people and drink beer in noisy atmosphere, I would recommend this hostel. But otherwise, I strongly oppose your choice of this hostel.

• 10th Apr 2015
  • South Korea

There was no hot water for the showers on 2 of the 3 mornings of our stay. Our room was broken into while we were sleeping and 4 mobile phones and a watch were stolen.

• 9th Apr 2015
  • Scotland

Very nice, especially the free dinner!

The best hostel! Atmosphere is always buzzing the bar, great prices over the bar. Staff is absolutely amazing. All great bunch of people. Yeah it's expensive, but the hostel is an experience inside copenhagen. Just do it, stay here! Worth it. Met such amazing people here. Love chaddy and joffa!

The staffs are very nice, always able to answer my questions.

Fantastic place to stay right in the place you want to be. the 4 bed female dorm (thanks for having a female dorm!) was nice with big windows. I added extra blanket to mattress and it was fine. This dorm is tight with little space for stuff, no dressers or desk, only the 4 beds, so you need to keep stuff under the bed unless you have the corner by window, down bed, then you can use that corner. The hostel itself is just fantastic. The staff are great. There is a wonderful full kitchen!

• 5th Apr 2015