Copenhagen Downtown Hostel Reviews

Vandkunsten 5, Copenhagen, Denmark

Had a 4 bed room facing the street. Almost unbearably noisy from bar noise downstairs as well as spillover partying on the street/small square across from the hostel. They need much better windows that block out noise so people can sleep

There is no "safe deposit box", limited number of lockers. Besides that the organisation works well. Great location, atmosphere. Rooms a bit small but work fine.

Lovely place to spend a few nights! Very modern, youthful feel. Easy to hang out and talk with other people staying at the hostel or drinking at the bar. Laundry was a little expensive ($6) but everything is in Copenhagen. Staff were friendly and helpful when need be. I would recommend this place to any traveler!

Great location and friendly staff. Sweet bar and atmosphere. Went halves with another guest for a bike hire minimum 1 full day but only needed half day. Only downfall with this place is the free dinner is done on a plate service so they have a certain amount of plates that they cater for, so you have to get there early early or you miss out. Its recommended AT LEAST 30 minutes before the advertised start time to line up. Would recommend

Great for meeting new people

Thoroughly enjoyed my stay. Beds were comfortable, rooms and facilities very clean and tidy.

It was very bad because Hostelworld and the Hostel mismanaged my booking. Thus I was at 7pm homeless in a foreign city. There was no possibility for me to get another room. So in the end I had nowhere to stay.

Awesome location and a brilliant, lively atmosphere at this hostel. We had a couple of private rooms and the bathrooms weren't great. It was also a bit pricey compared to some of the other hostels we stayed in on our trip but spot on aside from that.

Good hostel, well located and clean. There's a bar downstairs that's always packed so easy to meet people if you want. A few older people and families milling about though.

May have been just a timing issue but the hostel seemed to be overrun with groups, which made it hard as a solo traveller to talk to people. Nice bar areas. Rooms were ok, no lockers however in the rooms, queues for the bathrooms as well (only time i ever queued on my entire trip), didn't think they were particularly clean despite their awards!

Good for partying but on the other hand way to loud when you want some sleep. we didnt sleep for four days due to screaming drunk people outside every night and other noises. also the bathrooms are disgusting. other than that, nice Atmosphere and greAt location

Great hostel, the availability of the iPads was brilliant!!

It would have been good to have been able to use lockers free of charge if you bring your own lock, or to have had lockers in the dorm rooms. Other hostels do this and it seems like a simple system. People who are traveling will always have valuable items have money and passports, it seems crazy that a hostel doesn't have the facilities for these. I never leave my valuables in my room or dorm so I had to carry them with me all day. This would deter me from staying here again.

Phenomenal location, blocks from all the action, but on a calm one way street so it isn't loud outside with cars passing by. The bar at the Hostel is one of the most happening in the city and they have a ton of bikes to rent for the day. Just all around convenient, clean with a great value. Highly recommended.

I stayed 3 nights (4 person dorm) and enjoyed my stay. Location was superb and staff was friendly and answered all of my questions. Place was clean and the atmosphere can't be beat.

The hostel is in a good location but I wonder if that contributes to the problems. It is very loud at night and in the morning, and the people staying here seem to come to party. I admit I am not really young or very cool .. But I did find it gross that there was throw up in the sink in the morning and that there were men walking around in their little white underwear and peeing with the doors open. I would have been bothered at any age .

• 28th Aug 2015

Very great place to get socialized. But this is NOT a hostel. It is more like a bar with sleeping facilities. They even use the same reception area with bar. 24 hour check-in is available with the staff who is too busy to explain anything about the facilities and give only one key left for four of us. The sleeping area js REALLY SMALL. The noise from the outside, which means people from first floor bar, is crazy. I do not understand why this hostel is overrated. But really nice location though.

This is an absolutely great hostel! You will meet lots of awesome people here!

The first night we were up on the second floor right by the stairwell in a very tiny 4 person room, and noise from downstairs carried up to the room quite easily until the early morning. The next night that we were there we were in a room farther down the hall in a different (and larger) 4 person and it was perfect and quiet. Luck of the draw I guess. Really clean rooms and close to two different metro stops. Great place to hang out...the type you can spend too much time in!

Just in the heart of kobenhavn.

• 27th Aug 2015
  • Spain

Thanks for the feedback! Nice to hear you enjoyed your stay at Copenhagen, our location is definitely one of the best in town. Thinking about coming back? Let us know about it! Cheers from Downtown Team