Copenhagen Downtown Hostel Reviews

Vandkunsten 5, Copenhagen, Denmark

The hostel has a nice vibe, full of travellers although most of them stick to their own world called social media. As for the hostel, two points of feedback: 1) it's the first hostel after about 200 I pay for when I didn't show up with no possibilities to cancel the booking. 2) it's the first hostel after about 200 where its not allowed to drink your own alcohol.

I highly recommend this hostel! It is without doubt the best hostel I have been in, in every aspect. I love the atmosphere of the bar/common area, everyone is very friendly.

This is a nightclub with a hostel attached to it. If noise keeps you awake, you won't like it.

highly recommend

The common area downstairs was great! My one night there I met some great people at the bar and had an awesome night!

• 7th Jan 2015

I loved the breakfast and the free dinner. The location is very good as well, i didn't use the public transport. I could recommend to clean the bathroom more times.

The guy who checked-in for us was not so polite and helpful,with exhausting mood to face it is quite a bad impression,but the reception for the after days are all very kind and funny. Kitchen is not big enough for such a huge hostel ,and for everyone wants to save money and have meals themselves. Other parts are all perfect.

The hostel provides a very social environment where one does not feel lonely if you are travelling alone.

Everything was great, except that there weren't enough lockers in the dorm...

Everything was amazing! I suggest staying here! They even gave us a free communal dinner every night, which tasted amazing! The only issue I had, was the wifi. It always cut in out for me and booted me crucial travel sites like hostel world. Other than that, I recommend it!

When I book I thinked they was dinner fo everybody, but it is not like this: just people than sit down in special table 1 hour before can have dinner. In the room they was a lot of stink. I do not know if it was the room , the beds, or the sheets, but it was difficult to slepp with so much stink. The athmosphere of the common room was nice. Staff is very nice, fun, and good worker.

Great bar, amazing breakfast, free dinner every day! Really great hostel, I really liked it A LOT! However, I just have a few small complains about it (and one big one): 1) no free lockers in the room. You can pay and get a key to a small locker, however! 2) very few power outlets (for the size of the hostel/amount of people). 3) individual lights by the bed weren't working. 4: BIG ONE: not enough toilets and bathrooms! And they get super nasty, since it's one for around 15 people.

You'd have to be trying really, really hard to not have fun at this hostel. Awesome bar, great location, amazing staff. I've already stayed here twice and wouldn't dream of staying anywhere else while in Copenhagen.

One of the best hostels I've ever stayed in. Common areas were kept clean at all times and so the rooms. We spent here our New Years and for us it was defenately a party hostel, but the party was kept in the downstairs bar and not in the rooms. Atmosphere overall was friendly, staff were helpful, would defenately visit again.

Too much noise for a place where people should rest. People outside the bar talk all night under the windows so it is really stressful.

By far the best hostel I have stayed in up to this point! The staff was friendly and easy going and the atomosphere was truly amazing! The had live music 2 nights i was there and you can even play guitar to win shots! Not too much of a party hostel, but just right. The free dinner every night gave my wallet a break and the breakfast (even though you have to pay for it) is worth it. I met some awesome people during my stay and made some new friends. I highly recommend staying here if you visit

Nothing to complain about, it's a great place to stay ! All you need at the best price !! Thank you all :)

• 28th Dec 2014

Very convenient location. It was kind of annoying that they told me I had to switch rooms for the last night, I packed up went to reception and turns out that was no longer true. No big deal but a waste of time. Good value for money if you get the free dinners, but for New Year's Eve they charged 2.5x the usual price, which was about 75 USD for the night. I know it's a holiday and that hikes of prices and all but that was really steep. Thus I give a poor rating for value! Wifi wasn't great too.

The rates were super reasonable. Scandinavia isn't cheap after all. I rented a bike from the hostel and the pricing was good. The breakfast isn't included, but it was well worth the extra charge. Happy hour pricing on drinks at the bar and free dinner were nice perks.

The hostel was nice as was most of the staff, but many of the guests were completely horrendous.

• 27th Dec 2014