Copenhagen Downtown Hostel Reviews

Vandkunsten 5, Copenhagen, Denmark

First stay at a hostel was a great experience! I was worried because I heard about so many hostels being dirty and uncomfortable but this one was clean, had a great atmosphere, was perfectly located, and was all around a wonderful place to stay. The free dinners are a great way to meet people; I ended up hanging out with someone I met at the hostel during my whole trip. Definitely would recommend this hostel to anyone, especially solo travelers.

• 22nd Nov 2015

We had a fire alarm the night we stayed - I would perhaps consider shortening the Danish part of the announcement as we just stood there for a few minutes unsure as to what was being said. I do, of course, appreciate that we were in Denmark but I would think most guests are not Danish - perhaps shortening to "please evacuate the building" in several languages. Also a sign on the shower in the toilet as my friend got a surprise soak! :)

• 21st Nov 2015

Great atmosphere and the bar areas are awesome and reasonably priced. Really central location and clean rooms as well. Only thing is showers get a bit dirty in the morning rush.

• 21st Nov 2015

Hostel has really good conditions. Toilets were clean, comfortable beds and very warm room. Good breakfast and friendly staff. Very central!

• Portugal

Free walking tours and free dinners really brought people together and perfect for the solo traveller

Great location & friendly staffs! & the bar/reception is way busy at night! But overall is nice!

It should have storage with lockers for free

• 18th Nov 2015

The hostel is in a very good location in Copenhagen.. There are free walking tours beginning from the hostel. I forgot my shampoo in the bathroom and it was gone (my own mistake). Towels cost some money, in case you need one.

Rooms were just what was needed, nothing fancy but clean and confortable. Mostly quiet (mid week). The bar is THE BEST. Greatest atmosphere at all hours of the day. Very helpful staff. Awesome live music and the free dinner is a great plus.

• 16th Nov 2015

Really secure, as you need the key to access the floor and your room. Very nice and helpful staff! And the location is really good, close to the town hall and central station. Also: free dinner!! :D

Crossing a bar with luggage to arrive at the reception is quite annoying. In my room (mixed dorm) there was a very disrespectful group of 6 people doing a party inside when I arrived around 1 am. I asked in the reception if they could put me in another room, but wasn't possible- I understood. I was told that security would come to ask them to calm down, but that never happened. No lock on the room door, super noisy beds, dirty toilets, poor storage space...Too pricey for the (lack of) quality.

The bathrooms here were a little grimy but that's about the only negative. Awesome breakfast and prime location. I traveled here alone and left with plenty of new friends so it's a great hostel for any solo travelers.

Cool hostel and the location is really great. The common room (bar/restaurant/lobby) is very cute and it's great for people that travel alone to make new friends. The free meal every evening is a great way to make friends as well, but you have to be there at least 40 minutes in advance to have a place for the meal because they don't have enough food for everybody. The bathrooms were not very clean and there were not enough for the amount of people per floor. In general, it was a great place.

• 13th Nov 2015

This place is fantastic. The stuff is wonderful and friendly, it is safe, clean and in the best part of Copenhagen! You can walk from here over to literally all the historic places. The people are friendly and fun at the hostel, they are mostly travelers. You can also relax at the reception area which is also a bar and a cafe, it is a very comfortable place to stay.

• 13th Nov 2015

Great location. Had a private room which was quite expensive with all things considered. But overall nice, friendly hostel.

Very friendly staff with excellent customer service. For example: when we had to wait for 10 minutes to get a paid locker, they apologized thoroughly and gave us the locker for free. Only complaints are I got warts on my feet because I didn't bring shower shoes and didn't know the showers would be that communal. And there was a large spider over our bed in our private twin suite.

• 11th Nov 2015

Everything was excellent. Breakfastwas awesome. staff were all friendly and helpful

• 9th Nov 2015

It was hands down the best hostel I´ve stayed at, the bar downstairs is a great place to meet people, the rooms are clean, bathrooms are clean, wifi works great everywhere. The free dinner is something you wouldn´t expect anywhere and I have to say it is a great idea, they should warn you though that you can only get it if you get a seat at the tables where it is served. Other than that it is highly recommended

Everything is good. But I think they don't have enough shower room

Me and 3 of my friends went to Copenhagen and stayed in Downtown Hostel. We absolutely loved our stay; the staff were amazing, so helpful and friendly, the rooms and bathrooms were so clean and the food was delicious. We would highly recommend staying here.

• 7th Nov 2015