Day and Night Hostel Reviews

Flat D8 & E2, Block D & E, 10/F, Chungking Mansions,40 Nathan Road,Kowloon, Hong Kong, Hong Kong

I stayed there for 2 days, and it was more then enough. I mean I was not satisfyed with staff, and the hostel is overpriced ! Location, near the metro, but anyway it leaves much to be desired - too crowded, and it looks very strange, like a black market, I'd prefer to stay somewhere else ! On scale from 1 to 10 I'd give to the hostel 3 ! No more !!!

• 3rd Oct 2014
  • Russia

I got offered drugs by all the indian/pakistan guys downstairs. It was really hard to find. I was placed on a dorm room with smelly old russians. ( i am a young girl traveling alone) they were drinking in the room till 4 in the morning, and were being really loud. After 1 hour of sleept, I wanted a shower and to get out of there quickly. A man who worked at the hostel occupied the bathroom by doing the dishes in there. The whole floor smelled of food, disgusting place.

I wonder why I booked here again. Bad decision, I had forgotten how dirty the toilet is. Staff in the reception and on the flat are very helpful though.

Tell them to advertise their rooms correctly and not to rip their customers off.

Location is good in terms of where it is in the city - Chungking mansions itself is horrible and full of hawkers. The hostel is good for a budget one in Hong Kong, you get what you would expect. Lifts are a nightmare, watch out.

The Place is ok to Hong Kong, the toilets need be improved, but the staff is amazing very kind and ready to help you all the time, for me a guy called RAJ was great all the time, many thank

Don't go to this place!

Tiny rooms but an awesome location, close to everywhere and to metro station. Kind staff.

the staff were very helpful and gave us what we need at no time (expect not fixing our refrigerater for over a week).

they had send me to other guest house.cause they had overbooked on that moment.that make me tried and wasted many time indeed.

Hello, I originally planned to stay at this hostel for only three days but ended up extending my stay for about a week. I am very satisfied by the service of the staff, especially Raj who helped me do laundry for free. He is a very good man who works with pride and care for his customers. I felt very safe and comfortable during my stay. best, Chaewon

• 22nd Jun 2014
  • South Korea

If you are staying in Honk Kong and you are on the budget I'll definitely recommend you this place, this was my third stay here and sure will book again whenever I'm in Hong Kong. It's advertised as a Hostel however they also have fully separate ensuite rooms which I prefer over staying in a dorm, they are slightly more expensive but nothing beats the peace of mind you will have over staying in a dorm with 5 other people.

We had a remarkable stay in Day and Night Hostel. the staff were very friendly and accommodating especially Dave. He's the one attended us and helped us carry our heavy luggage to the car. If we will go back for holiday in Hongkong again, we would surely book still in Day and Night Hostel. Salute to the management and staff of Day and Night Hostel.

• 19th May 2014
  • Philippines

Chungking Mansions is an cultural heritage of cheap sleep in the backpacker world, my cup of tea, you get what you pay for, this hostel is ok, if you can't find your favorite, lots of five star hotels around for your 2nd night.

Good location, close to star ferry and a lot of public transport options, very tiny room like train compartment with 4 beds, there were no security locker in my room even it was said on the website that there is. The reception is on 10floor but room on 6th, also not very convinient, it was the cheapest hostel in HK when I was making a booking, and it's OK for a night.

I had a mixed room but it ended up only being me and 5 other guys. It's not that I didn't feel safe but the bathroom was a sliding door with no lock and it made me uncomfortable when it didn't close shut

• 6th May 2014