Day and Night Hostel Reviews

Flat D8 & E2, Block D & E, 10/F, Chungking Mansions,40 Nathan Road,Kowloon, Hong Kong, Hong Kong

I stayed here for 5 days and the service provided was the best I ever experienced in a hostel. Thumbs up for Raj and Prit, they were always polite and caring. Everyday fresh towels, free tee and water supply and they even wash your cloths if one's busy. Thanks again guys!

This is a great hostel, the staff is very kind and helpful, they come everyday to clean the rooms, bring you new towels, etc. It feels like I'm in a hotel! The hostel is very well located as well, they have a lot of shops downstairs where you can buy food, snacks, water, electronics and other goods for super cheap, a multitude of big stores, and a shopping center just across the street. The metro station is also a 40 second walk! Thanks Raj and Prit for making this one of the best hostels!

• 20th Aug 2015

Complicated to find. There are too many hostels under the same owner, why can't there just be one. Also Dave was awesome.

• 18th Aug 2015
  • Mexico

The Hostel had the perfect location to discover Hongkong. We enjoyed our stay there. Especially the staff was really nice and friendly. Many thanks to Deep, Sosie and Love!!

I booked only a night, I spent the night outside because I miss the last boat for going back. I left my luggage all night long there and when I arrived next morning everything was ok. I saw the badroom, it was not very clean. The blankets looker very clean. Staying in the mansion, no matter the hostel, is an experience every true backpacker should have. David is grate

Very clean and nice room. But the location is in a weird building in kowoloon. Its value for money to sleep in a room in Hong Kong

We had a very nice stay! Room was clean and nice, and the location is superb. Very friendly staff, especially Mr. Raj who was extremely helpful and responsive. The rooms might be a little small.

• 5th Aug 2015

I really enjoyed staying with day and night because of clean environment and security. I must tell u how much I appreciate Leovy because of her great personality and hard worker. She is such a great help to me with I need help. I really appreciate all of her support and caring for me while I was there I want to thank her for she does. Thank to all the staff for the friendly attitude which made want to come back again.

Very good location, Clean rooms, bedding and towel is always new. Also, the staffs are very accommodating. We are very thankful to (ate) Josie and (ate) Love and Sherrie for helping us transfer in a double private room (we originally booked in a shared room for 6) and for making us feel so comfortable during our whole stay at Day and Night hostel. Hope to see you all again in our next Hong kong trip!!! :D Regards from Cebu,Phils., Glendy and Joeryll

The rooms are pretty small, but the hotel is clean and safe. The staff was also very nice and did not mind that I arrived only at 3 am in the night. The location is in the heart of Hong Kong and right next to the Peninsula Hotel and the Star Ferry Pier. Ideal for a short trip to Hong Kong.

My husband & I got to travel HK for the first time.Tho its been a long time plan,but since we got so busy preparing for our wedding,we ddnt have so mch time planning for this trip.Booking at Day and Night Hostel was really a blessing.The staffs are very accommodating & helpful esp ate Josie & ate Love.They're also Filipino so we felt so at home in this hostel.The room is very clean,bedding&towels is always new plus it has its own toilet.I highly RECOMMEND this hostel esp to our fellow filipinos.

Very neat rooms in the centre of kowloon, great location for exploring hong kong. You'll have to get passed the indian and pakistan people, trying to sell you anything, before you can get to the elevator. Rooms are small but neat (even has a fridge, but no windows) and got cleaned every day (including fresh towels), great service provided by Raaj.

• 26th Jul 2015

Toilet didn't refill in order to flush, had to use shower to fill basin.

love and Josie are very nice stuff.Location is very good,room is cozy,but it 's a little bit noisy in the night

The hostel has 24 hour reception to help late check in. Adviseable to use BlockE long with D to easy check in and check out. They also accept group booking say 7+ to 50+ plenty of room. On my check out witnessed a group of 14-18 person was happy finish their university trip of 5 days. Very thanks to Deep John for their support and will be coming back soon

The location is suberb,the staff is friendly and helpful.There were minor problems in the room,and the staff immediately switched us to another room.All in all,totally satisfied.

• 26th Jun 2015
  • Belarus

The staff at the Day and Night Hostel were great, however, the actual location of the hostel in the Chungking Mansion was pretty sketchy. Recommend this hostel for experienced travelers or people in a group, as the bottom floor (which you have to travel through to get to the hostel) is pretty intimidating for people traveling alone or for women. The salesmen can be really pushy. With that said, the hostel was a great price and the staff was really friendly and the room was great.

Good hostel and Internet connection. Rooms are extremely small. Stayed in 3 bed room. Could not even keep my luggage.. Staff are friendly and helpful.

Staffs are excellent, I must mention Ms Deep. Ms Harmaan. Mr. John, ms. Chris, Mr. Harry and Mr. Kevin. Even the owner Mr Dhillon is very cooperative. Location wise it's the best hostel to stay

Nice hostel. Rooms are small but compact. Bed and linen good quality. Staff are very helpful specially Mr. Dev, Mr. Raj are excellent.