Day and Night Hostel Reviews

Flat D8 & E2, Block D & E, 10/F, Chungking Mansions,40 Nathan Road,Kowloon, Hong Kong, Hong Kong

Location is good in terms of where it is in the city - Chungking mansions itself is horrible and full of hawkers. The hostel is good for a budget one in Hong Kong, you get what you would expect. Lifts are a nightmare, watch out.

Don't go to this place!

Tiny rooms but an awesome location, close to everywhere and to metro station. Kind staff.

the staff were very helpful and gave us what we need at no time (expect not fixing our refrigerater for over a week).

they had send me to other guest house.cause they had overbooked on that moment.that make me tried and wasted many time indeed.

Hello, I originally planned to stay at this hostel for only three days but ended up extending my stay for about a week. I am very satisfied by the service of the staff, especially Raj who helped me do laundry for free. He is a very good man who works with pride and care for his customers. I felt very safe and comfortable during my stay. best, Chaewon

• 22nd Jun 2014
  • South Korea

If you are staying in Honk Kong and you are on the budget I'll definitely recommend you this place, this was my third stay here and sure will book again whenever I'm in Hong Kong. It's advertised as a Hostel however they also have fully separate ensuite rooms which I prefer over staying in a dorm, they are slightly more expensive but nothing beats the peace of mind you will have over staying in a dorm with 5 other people.

We had a remarkable stay in Day and Night Hostel. the staff were very friendly and accommodating especially Dave. He's the one attended us and helped us carry our heavy luggage to the car. If we will go back for holiday in Hongkong again, we would surely book still in Day and Night Hostel. Salute to the management and staff of Day and Night Hostel.

• 19th May 2014
  • Philippines

Chungking Mansions is an cultural heritage of cheap sleep in the backpacker world, my cup of tea, you get what you pay for, this hostel is ok, if you can't find your favorite, lots of five star hotels around for your 2nd night.

Good location, close to star ferry and a lot of public transport options, very tiny room like train compartment with 4 beds, there were no security locker in my room even it was said on the website that there is. The reception is on 10floor but room on 6th, also not very convinient, it was the cheapest hostel in HK when I was making a booking, and it's OK for a night.

I had a mixed room but it ended up only being me and 5 other guys. It's not that I didn't feel safe but the bathroom was a sliding door with no lock and it made me uncomfortable when it didn't close shut

• 6th May 2014

don't expect too much but has a good location

Nice hostel and friendly staff

• 21st Apr 2014
  • China

That hostel was really nice. With a excellent location and quite a chip price for Hong Kong and it was very clean comparetevely to other hostels in chunking mansion.

just for a cheap sleep,this place is ok, but the night shift staff not friendly

this hostel and generaly all the chunqing mansion complex, is the worst place ive ever stayed in! disgusting..

For Hong Kong this was definitely a very adequate place to stay. The Chungking Mansions are dodgy & the lift is painstakingly slow, but the location is great & for what you are paying for in Hong Kong, it's pretty good. I would stay here again.

It's cheap compared to rest of Hong Kong but still bad value for what you are paying.

Arrived late at night, got hassled as soon as we got off the bus by people asking if we wanted accommodation or watches, suits and was a little hard to find our hostel as there are heaps in this on building. room was really small but good for what we wanted it for clean and cheap! And by day the lobby was nice with really friendly people!

• 12th Mar 2014
  • New Zealand

Very nice staff, special thanks to Reena, Rowena, Jen and Cristy.

• 11th Mar 2014