Day and Night Hostel Reviews

Flat D8 & E2, Block D & E, 10/F, Chungking Mansions,40 Nathan Road,Kowloon, Hong Kong, Hong Kong

I've stayed at Day and Night Hostel for a long time and it's a great hostel for a decent price. The location is perfect, considering you're close to the MTR and Hong Kong Island and Mong Kok are both reachable in 10 minutes. Staff was very friendly and always ready to help. The bazaar on ground floor can be annoying sometimes, but if you know your way it's ok. Only downside was that my room was located on the 17th floor and you always have to take at least 1 stairs to reach the hostel.

• 1st Nov 2014

I stayed there for 2 days, and it was more then enough. I mean I was not satisfyed with staff, and the hostel is overpriced ! Location, near the metro, but anyway it leaves much to be desired - too crowded, and it looks very strange, like a black market, I'd prefer to stay somewhere else ! On scale from 1 to 10 I'd give to the hostel 3 ! No more !!!

I got offered drugs by all the indian/pakistan guys downstairs. It was really hard to find. I was placed on a dorm room with smelly old russians. ( i am a young girl traveling alone) they were drinking in the room till 4 in the morning, and were being really loud. After 1 hour of sleept, I wanted a shower and to get out of there quickly. A man who worked at the hostel occupied the bathroom by doing the dishes in there. The whole floor smelled of food, disgusting place.

I wonder why I booked here again. Bad decision, I had forgotten how dirty the toilet is. Staff in the reception and on the flat are very helpful though.

Tell them to advertise their rooms correctly and not to rip their customers off.

Location is good in terms of where it is in the city - Chungking mansions itself is horrible and full of hawkers. The hostel is good for a budget one in Hong Kong, you get what you would expect. Lifts are a nightmare, watch out.

The Place is ok to Hong Kong, the toilets need be improved, but the staff is amazing very kind and ready to help you all the time, for me a guy called RAJ was great all the time, many thank

Don't go to this place!

Tiny rooms but an awesome location, close to everywhere and to metro station. Kind staff.