Day and Night Hostel Reviews

Flat D8 & E2, Block D & E, 10/F, Chungking Mansions,40 Nathan Road,Kowloon, Hong Kong, Hong Kong

My husband & I got to travel HK for the first time.Tho its been a long time plan,but since we got so busy preparing for our wedding,we ddnt have so mch time planning for this trip.Booking at Day and Night Hostel was really a blessing.The staffs are very accommodating & helpful esp ate Josie & ate Love.They're also Filipino so we felt so at home in this hostel.The room is very clean,bedding&towels is always new plus it has its own toilet.I highly RECOMMEND this hostel esp to our fellow filipinos.

love and Josie are very nice stuff.Location is very good,room is cozy,but it 's a little bit noisy in the night

• 14th Jul 2015
  • China

The hostel has 24 hour reception to help late check in. Adviseable to use BlockE long with D to easy check in and check out. They also accept group booking say 7+ to 50+ plenty of room. On my check out witnessed a group of 14-18 person was happy finish their university trip of 5 days. Very thanks to Deep John for their support and will be coming back soon

The location is suberb,the staff is friendly and helpful.There were minor problems in the room,and the staff immediately switched us to another room.All in all,totally satisfied.

• 26th Jun 2015
  • Belarus

The staff at the Day and Night Hostel were great, however, the actual location of the hostel in the Chungking Mansion was pretty sketchy. Recommend this hostel for experienced travelers or people in a group, as the bottom floor (which you have to travel through to get to the hostel) is pretty intimidating for people traveling alone or for women. The salesmen can be really pushy. With that said, the hostel was a great price and the staff was really friendly and the room was great.

Good hostel and Internet connection. Rooms are extremely small. Stayed in 3 bed room. Could not even keep my luggage.. Staff are friendly and helpful.

Staffs are excellent, I must mention Ms Deep. Ms Harmaan. Mr. John, ms. Chris, Mr. Harry and Mr. Kevin. Even the owner Mr Dhillon is very cooperative. Location wise it's the best hostel to stay

Nice hostel. Rooms are small but compact. Bed and linen good quality. Staff are very helpful specially Mr. Dev, Mr. Raj are excellent.

Very good location well connected to all shopping centres metro station star ferry or ferry to china or macau 24 hours reception help a lot for late check in they also have exit at Block D and E to help all customers for check in and faster check out Wifi speed was provided free with superior speed with free coffee around the corners was a great support to all customers would like to recommend others to stay with them again and again

The staff was really friendly. Preet, the receptionist on our floor was very helpful and kind. The Hostel has the best location close to the harbour and with a lot of shopping and eating places around. The room was clean and nice. It was small but had everything you needed: your own bathroom, a fridge, aircondition and towels. Would go there again!!!

HEYY! Imazing Hong Kong! This hostel is good for it's price. Very nice stuff , they gave me cards with names to mention them in review but i lost them all, but anyway thanks to all. Good, pleasant people. Rooms are clean, cozy, got air conditioners, not big, but if you plan to explore Hong Kong rather than stay in the hotel all day so this hostel is good option. Seemed to me pretty safe place.

• 31st May 2015
  • Belarus

The room very small, no any space to put the luggages on. It should has some shalter above to put many things on in the small room like that. The linen was not clean. It seem that they were not changed properly, especially pillows. so i had to use my clothes to wrap them on before sleep. The toilet couldn't flush properly even though informed 2 stuffs to check it out but no one came in the room to repair it. TV couldn't watch clearly, Roomphone had no signal to call Internal. Nice renovation.

The hotel is well located in Kowloon, but the room is veeery small (we had a double en-suite) we bearly fitted inside with our bags. To get to the room we had to go through some hallways, stairs and doors that were very creapy. The reception was ok, but there is no admosphere, no services, no nothing except for a tiny room. If you don't care about the room size and only want to go around Hong Kong, might be a no that bad place, but keep your expectatives low.

The location is perfect, just 10 minutes walk from Avenue of stars and metro station is just outside. We stayed there two nights, staff wasn't helpful and kind at all. So from the 3rd night we moved to Tokyo hostel which is in same building and cleaner and more helpful staff.

• 24th May 2015
  • Mongolia

Very friendly staff. Thanks. Can be fun finding the right lift (into the mansions, first right, first left and the take the first set of lifts you come to). Room is super small but apparently standard for the mansions. Free hot water. Good speedy Internet.

Very helpful staff. Ended up staying a week after only planning to stay to or three days. Not a social hostel per se but had no problems making friends in the dorm rooms.

Good location, wifi, and always available friendly staff. Clean room with hairdryer included. It was not serviced in between days but I did not mind this as I only stayed over a weekend.

• 15th May 2015
  • New Zealand

Great hostel, if a little confined but that is to be expected in Chungking Mansions! Friendly Staff and comfortable rooms!

Chungking Mansions used to be a dirty and shady place 5 years ago. WOW! It was nothing like I was afraid of. EVERYONE working at Day and Night Hotel were very friendly. The room was clean, the sheets white, the towel provided fluffy, there were nice lockers in the rooms, coffee, tea and hot water. Peter and Harry who took care of THE dorm were lovely and made me feel safe. Staff upstairs allowed me to storage my luggage there while I was hiking and take a shower. VERY RECOMMENDED!

• 30th Apr 2015
  • Estonia

AC was a little loud but other than that, it wasn't bad.

• 27th Apr 2015