Day and Night Hostel

• Flat D8 & E2, Block D & E, 10/F, Chungking Mansions,40 Nathan Road,Kowloon, Hong Kong, Hong Kong

6.6
Good 354 Total Reviews
6.6
Good 354 Total Reviews

5th Apr 2017

Basic dorm room , no complaints. Great value.

12th Mar 2017
4.3

Initially, difficult to find zone, flat, floor. People hassle you to buy food, sims. The hostels are on the upper floors while the ground floor is retail. Chungking mansion doesn't have a good reputation however appart from the hassling I was OK walking in and out alone day and night. Once you get to your floor you have given cards etc to unlock corridors so I did felt safe. Rooms are very small and not very clean however I had no suspicions of people looking through my stuff when I was out.

• Philippines, Mixed Group, 25-30
25th Feb 2017
5.7

The staff is not accomodating. You need to pay for an additional for the towels. The hot water for taking a bath has a limit.

• England, Male, 31-40
16th Feb 2017

I had a great time , the staff were very helpfull and I like the location . I had forgotten a package and they sent the package on to me . The room was clean and smelt fresh , the staff helped me find a few locations and sort out some stuff . Well worth it !!!

• Germany, Female, 18-24
11th Feb 2017
8.0

After some issues to find the hostel or rather chungking mansions I finally arrived in the day and night hostel. The staff (especially Raaj!) was lovely and so helpful! The rooms are simple and small but I guess that's the standard in Hong Kong :) I could definitely enjoy my stay there because I had nice people surrounding me.

• Philippines, Male, 18-24
10th Feb 2017
2.9

Things are no time the same as what was show in photos.

2nd Feb 2017
7.4

You have to keep in mind that this is located in Chungking Mansions! Having said that, it wasn't so bad. We weren't expecting much so we ended up being pleasantly surprised. Rooms are tiny but clean. It seemed to have security at the lobby and we had a safe in our room. We actually liked the area and although the building can be a bit seedy, it's part of the experience. There's a fantastic Turkish restaurant on the second floor.

15th Jan 2017
2.6

0/10 would not reccomend to a friend. The building the guesthouse was in was terrifying and cramped. One could not walk in without being offered hash or another accomodation by very pushy salesmen. In asia, mixed gender means all men. I felt very uncomfortable in my room of five other men, with only a damp bathroom shared with the other 6 person dorm to change in. The staff was not accomodating (if you email them they will ignore it).

7th Jan 2017

Excellent!

• Singapore, Male, 18-24
26th Dec 2016
5.7

Great location in Tsim Sha Tsui. size of the room (small) is what you'd expect given the price for a city like Hong Kong. Bathroom was reasonably clean with warm running water. However, the rooms were not very secure and not well ventilated. And the building it was located in (Chungking Mansion) was not very inviting, ground floor was filled with aggressive touts. would not recommend, unless for a short stay.