Delta Hotel Hong Kong Reviews

Flat A5, 16th Floor, Block A, chung king mansion, 36-44 Nathan Road,Tsim Sha Shui,Kawloon, Hong Kong, Hong Kong

Please do yourself a favour and avoid this place at all costs. Especially if you're a girl. I had read reviews about how unsafe the entrance area was, but I thought it wouldn't be a big deal because the hostel is so cheap. I was wrong. Even walking back in a group, I would get accosted by pushy men, and I felt extremely uncomfortable. The hostel itself is run by people who sleep on the floor right outside the rooms. The rooms are tiny and the bathrooms are filthy, with hardly any space to move.

Booked a room at delta hostel but was put in a different hostel with rooms that didnt look like the ones advertised. I think they give the better rooms to walk in guests. Hostel seemed to be more of a laundry

Was honestly impressed with this hostel... staff was friendly (or at least approachable) and helpful with everything i needed - other than a few sketchy characters in the hallways, it was a mostly welcoming environment once (you get past the first floor anyway). Hostel even provided towels and toothbrushes, which was a nice surprise. A/C worked well and the WiFi was great! Would definitely recommend this place to others, and will stay here again on my next visit. Great value for your money!

I would not recommend this place to anyone. Firstly you walk in through an Indian market where they are all trying to sell you anything they can including drugs, then you have to wait in a queue to get in the lift to the 16 floor so not really walkable. The room was small and unclean, the blamket was an old curtain. The bathroom was a shared one, which was horrendous, every time you flushed the toilet or turned the tap on water leaked from everywhere. DO NOT STAY HERE!

• 10th Aug 2015

Room was really small, I guess most budget places in Hong Kong are also small...it,wasn't what it looked like in the pictures... Location was excellent..,a lot of dodgy people hanging around..not dangerous though... Wifi was really good and staff were very polite..

I've stayed in both the one bed-room and the four bed dorm. The conditions in the one bedroom are cramped, but serviceable. Since it is Hong Kong, it is to be expected. But when I switched to the dorm, things became really bad. There would always be something broken. Either it would be the bathroom, where the toilet does not flush or the sink leaks, or the electronic locker did not work, or the AC remote was lost and it could not be adjusted.

Delta Hostel in Chung King Mansions was great. Although I'd read many things about cramped rooms and poor cleanliness, I decided to find out for myself at a bargain price of $100 HK per night, one of the best rates, if not the best, in Kowloon. Every morning, hey brought us around fresh towels and cleaned our washroom and floors, changed the linen and put fresh sheets out. My bunk was a moderate size but hate way I look at it, I'm only sleeping there, not hibernating! A great stay!

Good: The rooms were very clean and the beds were comfortable. The man that brought us to our room was extremely friendly and was willing to help make our stay as good as possible. The location was great, located on a major street with lots to see and do and close to public transportation which was great. Bad: The building the hostel is in seems very sketchy. When we first arrived we were very worried but were told that it was a safe area and that we had nothing to worry about.

I've stayed in a couple of hostels in Chungking Mansion and this one is pretty typical of the building. It's not great, it's not terrible, but there's no common area to hang out so you're either in bed or outside. PRO: Helpful staff, gave me good directions when needed and let me use their phone CON: Beds were set up so if the A/C was on it was blowing directly on one person. Not fun for them. Only A/C setting was blasting freezing air or off - really needs a middle setting.

Fine hostel, good location in terms of right off the bus and downtown. However, it is in a very sketchy area on the Main Street. Right when I got off the bus foreigners started forcing papers in my hand and tried to get me to stay in their hostel, I felt harassed. The elevators up were small and scary, and the hallways and entrance to the hostel were terrifying - looked like something out of a horror movie. If you can get past this, he hostel itself is clean and good wifi.

Not bad and provided WIFI faster.

• 12th Jun 2015
  • Singapore

For the price you pay it is very good value for money. The rooms are very small but I wasn't looking for luxury and the air conditioner is excellent after a day in Humid and hot Hong Kong. My issue with the hotel was the location inside the Chung King mansion. When getting off of the bus to walk through a wall of men shoving business cards with hotels in my face and this continued all the way until I got to the elevator to the hotel. The elevator was very slow and tiny The elev

• 4th Jun 2015

Perhaps look for another nice hostel

• 28th May 2015