Die Wohngemeinschaft Reviews

Richard-Wagner-Str. 39, Cologne, Germany

My oh my, I've been travelling quite a lot, but I can say Die Wohngemeinschaft is by far the best hostel I've ever stayed in. Super clean, big beds with their own curtains, free lockers, nice staff and there is a bar downstairs. Just a pity that the living room is so small. There's no where to chill in the mornings because it's the breakfast room and the bar is still closed.

Best hotel I've stayed in, but the check out time of 8am meant it was a bit stressful catching my flight home on time. Also, I didn't know it hat I could get a towel from reception until a dorm mate said to me, it would be good to have a notice of what favcilities are available to guests. Very good value and a lovely location just seconds from the park and main social street in Köln, very convenient.

• 21st Jun 2015
  • Scotland

Definitely the biggest bed I've slept in at a hostel. It's also nice that you get personal curtains for your bed for privacy. It felt more like a hotel than a hostel. The decor was really cool and the lounge area was always open and full of a great selection of magazines and free tea and coffee. The only downside is the hostel bar is a separate but adjoined building where many locals go, so it's a bit daunting if you're a solo traveller looking to meet people.

Every room had it's own theme. We stayed in the lego room. Nice bar downstairs.

Great hostel, not right by downtown but a short subway ride. Great rooms and lots around, would book again.

This hostel is very delicately designed.

the staff at the information office wasn't polite at all, the opposite. they were too arrogant, especially the girl with the curly hair

• 17th Jun 2015
  • Bulgaria

Pretty awesome hostel. Was in a 8 person dorm, you've got you're own self in closed space, double bed, locker is really good. Only down side is the lack of atmosphere. There is a bar downstairs but it's a relatively popular spot, which sounds great, but you don't know who are backpackers and who are locals. Hard to meet people if you're a solo traveller. Besides that, great hostel.

Fantastic beds and pillows. The best I've had on this trip.

• 13th Jun 2015

This was a lovely hostel to visit. The dorm rooms are very pretty - you get a large bed with curtains for privacy and a decent sized locker. The staff were approachable and happy to answer any questions we had. The bar downstairs has a great atmosphere and is filled with locals.

This place is the coolest. Located on top of a very popular bar/café I did not have to go anywhere else to meet many people and be very entertained. Also in the building is a theater which I`ll have to save for my next visit. The room was very clean and featured a double bed with a privacy curtain. To conclude, basically the best place ever.

It is definitely my best hostel experience. The hostel is next to subway station;the staffs are extremely helpful and welcoming. The room is clean and there is interesting theme in different room. Most of all, you can get some privacy and the bed is big and comfortable. I really love this place and I will be back next time I go to Cologne.

A superb hostel, mainly due to the design of the dorm beds (a huge double, set back with curtains for the best privacy I've experienced in any hostel). A great location, fantastic bar, helpful and friendly staff, good shower and bathroom facilities, very secure. Highly recommend.

This was my first stay in a hostel and I loved it! everything was well organised and clean and tidy and lovely.

• 4th Jun 2015

Excellent hostel! The style of the rooms and bar was really unique, the rooms were comfortable and 100% secure, and the staff were really friendly and helpful. The hostel is only a couple of minutes walk from the metro which will take you anywhere in the city, and the area it's in is great for wandering and has some fantastic spots to eat! I would definitely return, and would recommend them to anyone!

Very nice and clean hostel. Lovely decorated! Good location. But lack atmosphere... Not very good for solo travellers.

Our double Lego themed room was very spacious and clean. The hostel was clean, the staff super helpful and breakfast and tea/coffee facilities are excellent. Just a short walk into the centre of town.

• 1st Jun 2015

Great hostel..

Staff seemed quite grumpy when we were there. Bathrooms bins were not emptied very regularly which was unfortunate and the communal lounge area was a mess when we arrived. However, we loved our room and felt that the hostel was in a good location.

It's about 20 minutes walk from the main Station & cathedral in quite a hipster part of town. Fantastic personal dorms with privacy curtains, light & plug socket and the beds are HUGE!! Nice living room for beers with other backpackers & friendly staff. Check out the crazy theatre bar downstairs with It's camper van! I would definitely return here.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4