Die Wohngemeinschaft Reviews

Richard-Wagner-Str. 39, Cologne, Germany

beautiful girls room, with a decoration style of ballet. Really large bed! Enough for 2 people.

Fantastic thematic rooms!

this is really an exceptional place to stay. Very stylish, with a unique character, lovely bar and staff in general is great. The district it is in is great too,full of independent shops and nice cafes. Hostel is clean and the bathrooms, despite being shared, are in very good shape, clean and private. Wouldn't hesitate to recommend it!

• 1st Apr 2014

Super awesome hostel...& the staff are just fabulous! Could not have had a better stay in Cologne;0) Only quibble is that no wifi in the room I was in. Not a huge problem, just need to go to the lounge area.

Located in the Belgian quarter and easy to reach. A good stay.

• 28th Mar 2014

The front desk staffs are very helpful to every questions, they are even willing to print out everything including google maps! :-) The rooms are very cool and the beds are mega spacious for an Asian like me! Toilets are always clean. I'd surely love to stay here again when I'm in the city.

• 27th Mar 2014
  • Philippines

The Best hostel Bed I have ever had! The bed was about 1.5m wide and each had a curtain. It's very comfortable to sleep in it and you have your privacy. Bathrooms were clean and many enough. I lived in a 6-female dorm at the end of corridor, on the same floor of reception, and the Wifi signal was weak in our room. The room is next to a busy road and it was very noisy in the room because of the traffic outside. I encountered a transportation strike. It's not a short walk to S-bahn/train station.

Best hostel I ever stayed at. Excellent, thanks.

Felt like I was staying in a proper hotel rather than a hostel, it was so clean, well-decorated and comfortable. The beds in the Shakespeare dorm were HUGE and so comfy, and they had curtains, a shelf and a lamp so you feel right at home with your own little cubby. The staff were really helpful and friendly, breakfast was great (could've used more fruit, maybe that's just Germany), free towels. Only downside was the bar was packed w. locals so it's hard to meet travelers there like most hostels.

Definitely the most stylized hostel I have ever stayed in. If you fancy something a bit different for a few extra euros, then I would recommend Die Wohngemeinschaft. Each room has its own individual theme which is a nice change from the drab and samey hostel rooms you often get. The staff were also friendly and helpful, and the free breakfast was very tasty and generous!

The staff were very friendly and welcoming! The rooms were nice and clean, very pretty, and a fun atmosphere, with each theme. Bathrooms were immaculately clean, as were the showers, and I had no issues with line-ups. Very secure, and enjoyable time at the hostel!

• 2nd Mar 2014

Great hostel. Huge beds, privacy when needed, towels linen and coffee bar included, very helpful staff. Would stay again if I go back to Cologne.

Very nice hostel! The rooms are very clean and beautiful. The beds are really big! I would recommand this hostel without hesitation!

Seriously the best Hostel I've stayed at! The only minus, it is a good walk from the train station, but you can always take the U-bahn and the problem is solved! The staff was welcoming and know their stuff. They have tv with nintendo 64 and dvd player, so you cannot get bored! Nice atmosphere there!

Wow, what a lovely hostel! I ended up staying double the time I had originally booked thanks in large part to how comfortable this hostel was. The rooms/beds are just perfect with outlets, lights, shelves, bed curtains. The bathrooms are really spacious and nice as well. The location is pretty good - about 20 minute walk to the cathedral but down a really nice shopping street. I have mixed opinions of the staff, but overall they were sufficiently helpful and friendly. I definitely recommend!!!

Although the location is great, the Hostel lacked atmosphere. Apart from breakfast time there appeared to be no one around. Some members of staff were unwelcoming and did not appear to be organised. Some of the staff members gave us incorrect information about the facilities, we were not booked into breakfast, despite organising it, and our room was prepared for one guest, rather than the two stated in the booking.

• 2nd Feb 2014

Great place! I look forward to my next visit!

• 2nd Feb 2014

The hostel is wonderful, located in a very central place and the staffs are very nice.

• 1st Feb 2014

really good hostel, bathroom absolutely spotless (four showers (2 for guys, 2 for girls) in each floor). Big cupboards (one per bed) in the rooms with bolt, curtains to each bed for good privacy, huge matresses (and I'm 1.90 m tall^^) The hostel is not in the city center but Köln is not a really big city, a little walk and it's forgotten. The tramway is really close anyway. A big room downstairs to take a drink, and a good atmospher the night I stayed there. I recommend!

Safe, clean, secure and very good rooms/beds........place was unfortunately very quiet the weekend I went due to being low season.

« first « Prev 1 2 3