Die Wohngemeinschaft Reviews

Richard-Wagner-Str. 39, Cologne, Germany

Rarely write reviews (sorry) but one of the best I've stayed at. If you're lucky enough to get an available room, go for it. Cool, very clean, unique rooms, huge, private beds in my room (enclosed by walls on 3 sides, curtains on the 4th), quiet, but great bar on the ground floor, where I played some great games of ping pong and met some great locals (students). I almost don't want to tell anyone about it in case I want to swing back through, but I guess the cat's out of the Meinschaft :-)

• 26th Aug 2014

We had a great stay in the hostel. Breakfast highly recommended (great value for money)

• 22nd Aug 2014
  • Spain

We stayed in the lego room which was so much fun, I like the range of themed rooms and would highly recommend staying there

• 19th Aug 2014

This is one of the most beautiful hostels I've stayed in, and the staff was very helpful. It's in a lovely part of the city, and it is a walkable (20 minutes or so) distance from the Dom. The only struggle we had was with parking, so if you are arriving by car, try to negotiate a plan with the staff beforehand. The hotel next door sometimes has a place for a car, but we had to do some hunting when we went! Overall, a highly recommended experience.

I loved how in the dorm room there was a curtain, a lamp and a plug in for each bed. Also, the bed was huge and the locker fit my suitcase, my backpack and my purse! My suitcase was about 35lbs too if that helps. Breakfast seemed overpriced for what it was and prices at the bar also seemed a little overpriced but overall, one of the best places I've stayed! I'd probably go back to Cologne just to stay here! Also, if you don't mind about a 10 minute walk to city center then this place is for you!

great place with great atmosphere, almost at the heart of the Cologne, very clean and well designed and arranged, late bar with great people and climate, highly recommend !

I was only here for one night but the hostel was very quirky and had good facilities. The bar was really nice and I would stay here again. Thanks!

The woman at the reception was truly one of the best! If you have any questions about what to do or where to go out at night, definitely ask her. The area the hostel is in (Belgian quarter) is great to party in and she knows it well.

Nice hostel in a pretty good location. Near a few different s-bahn stops. Very friendly staff that helped me figure out the connections to places I needed to go. Would stay again.

Beds were big and very comfortable. However, the room was quite warm and stuffy. Interesting themes for the rooms but breakfast was a bit too pricy.

After previously having stayed at two other hostels in Cologne, Die Wohngemeinschaft definitely is the best of these three. It's a nice and small hostel in a lively neighbourhood and at walking distance from the city centre. I loved the uniquely designed rooms with spacious beds and ditto lockers. The cleanliness and security are both top-notch and the staff is friendly and helpful. The only negative point is the pricey breakfast.

Amazing location in the heart of Cologne. Felt very safe staying here. The hostel was very clean which always makes me happy! Lockers in the rooms as well as a curtain for privacy. I didn't feel much of the atmosphere at the hostel and didn't really meet many of the other guests but there is a café/bar downstairs which gets really busy on the evening (don't worry, you won't hear the noise in your room). Would stay here again if back in Cologne.

This is Hostel is great! It is super clean and the bathrooms are great. I loved it that every room has its own theme and that we had a great breakfast with everything you need.Thanks for the great stay.

• 5th Aug 2014

Amazing hostel. Great value for money. Double beds were comfortable and spacious. Staff were great and always wanted to help. The location is quite a walk from the train station but nothing too strenuous! There were no computers/internet in the hostel, that was the only negative I could come up with. Overall a cracking hostel, helpful staff and awesome beds. I certainly recommend this hostel.

LOVE the beds here, they are huge, comfy, and the top bunks are attached to the wall rather than the bottom bunk, so wrigglers won't disturb your sleep! The curtains over each bed were a brilliant touch for a better sleep and the staff were friendly

Perfect hostel! Love here very much

• 28th Jul 2014
  • China

The hotel doesn't offer parking. The cost of parking in a hotel near is EU17,00 per day.

Nice place. Great staff. Secure.

Every room has its own unique atmosphere. I stayed in "the Roadinis"-- a 6-bed dorm styled after a roadie crew. Each bed looks like it is a large roadie case, and the lockers might as well be real cases. It was a fresh and adventurous vibe that is complemented by the active and lively bar scene downstairs at night. The hostel is a short walk from the tram and only a couple stops from the central station. It was a little hot when I stayed but the staff provided standing fans to help.

Mature fellow hostel mates with min. 21 yr old requirement. Love the interesting room themes - had the Roadini 6 bed-dorm. Full sized comfortable beds, big lockers, bed lamps, curtains?!? All make you feel like you are in your own room! Friendly helpful staff and high security. A bit out of city center, but many local gem spots hidden near about. Only comments are pricey ordinary breakfast and not enough toilets or showers.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5