Die Wohngemeinschaft Reviews

Richard-Wagner-Str. 39, Cologne, Germany

I wish I could give the staff 6+ points instead of just five. They were so hospitable, knowledgable and really sweet - they treated me to breakfast because I stayed there on my birthday! The hostel is great, too. Bed was comfortable, room was nicely decorated, and the bathroom was spotless. It isn't the cheapest hostel you'll find in Cologne, but it is absolutely worth the extra couple of euros.

This was the nicest hostel I have ever stayed in (and I've stayed in a LOT). They had the most comfortable and cozy beds, the entire place is adorable and spotless, and the bar downstairs is really cool. Would recommend to anyone.

Every thing about this hostel is a solid choice. It's walking distance almost everywhere and also easy access to public transportation. The staff was helpful with all questions and super nice. The weekend I was there this January was relatively quiet since it was off season though so the shared sitting room for everyone was no more than one or two people at a time so if you're traveling alone it's a bit tricky to meet people.

The staff are wonderful, always cheery and willing to help. The hostel is very well run and lovely and clean.

Everything was perfect. Strongly recommended.

This hostel might looks expensive if you are a lone, student traveler like myself. However you really have the value for your money, the dorms are cool, cosy and intimate, the showers and bathrooms are very clean, the staff is very friendly and the location is awesome. There is only two little thing that could be improve: there is no kitchen (once again the lone student/poor traveler reason) and even the bar is pretty cool, it isn't the best place to make friends.

It was great! All staff were amazingly friendly. I added a second night to my booking after-the-fact, but in a different sized room and the staff even shuffled things around in the otherwise sold out hostel so I could be in the same room both nights. (Thanks, Conrad!) Everyting was clean and secure and I'd definitely stay there again. No complaints about the area the hostel was in, either. It IS walkable from the main train station. About 25 minutes through populated shopping districts.

• 7th Jan 2016

The hostel is very good, clean, and staff are really nice. The breakfast is typical german (consistent). Rooms are beautiful and funny by their theme. I recommand to go into this Hostel and his bar !

This hostel was very impressive! Towels are provided, Large lockers are supplied with a built in lock for security and the themed rooms are so much fun. They also provide free coffee and tea which is great first thing in the morning. The bar under the hostel is really lovely and a cool, quirky design.

Thank you very much! I was quite pleased with my stay. I don't know that I'll be back in Cologne, but I would certainly rush to your hostel if I found myself in the city again!

• 23rd Dec 2015

The only thing we somehow missed was the kitchen corner/ refrigerator.

Great stay, thanks a lot!

Such a nice hostel! A lot of care and thought has been put into it and it really pays off, it has such a nice feel to it. Bar downstairs was really fun and cheap as! Staff were really helpful about tourist info etc. Had such a great stay!

• 17th Dec 2015

Such a lovely hostel! Didn't feel like a typical one, it was so clean. The dorm rooms were spacious with massive lockers. You still had some privacy as the beds were built in to something resembling a mini cabin. Staff are friendly and welcoming. The bar downstairs was also really cool. Met some locals who go there and everyone was friendly! Definitely would come back.

• 14th Dec 2015

Great hostel, great staff, nice atmosphere. The location is awesome, I really did like the quarter. The bar belonging to the hostel is a wonderful place to hang around, nice people. The concept of the rooms is funny and I did like the presence of humour all around. GO THERE!

Really enjoyed our stay here! Would defiantly come again.

Absolutely loved our room, in the girls dorm. So pretty and cute and the beds were the comfiest I've ever slept in abroad! Lovely little bubble to curtain yourself off and get some sleep. Really good location and the bar downstairs was awesome for drinks and atmosphere. Lovely hostel, would recommend to anyone.

The reviews are right, the beds are amazing for a good nights sleep! Pretty strict on check in times here, but fair enough and will store luggage. The tea and coffee in the common room is nice. Lockers provided and rooms and showers are clean. By aware of reception times, depending on when you arrive. A taxi to the main station was around 10€.

amazing staff! since airline lost my luggage, they are so helpful and supportive. place is a little old but experience is great!

I rarely write reviews, but I think Die Wohngemeinschaft deserves one! The building was safe and very clean and I appreciated all the little things, like how our beds are huge and were made for us, how coffee and tea were free and how there were even tampons in the ladies toilets. A later check-out than normal (12 o'clock) is really nice too! I was very happy with my stay. The only thing I would suggest is allowing kitchen access or even just the use of a microwave would be great!

« first « Prev 1 2 3