Die Wohngemeinschaft Reviews

Richard-Wagner-Str. 39, Cologne, Germany

I had a great stay in this hostel. Staff was super friendly and helped me out with all of my questions, suggested great walking routes and were very friendly in general. My room was super cute and exactly as in the photos (the circus one) and the bathrooms were spotless! Super clean and always available. It is a bit far from the center area, but I quite enjoyed the walk and discovering interesting spots on my way to the Dom area. Would definitely recommend. Good job guys!

Great hostel! Very nice staff, rooms and facilities are absolutely perfect, great location...

Do yourself a favor and stay here. You'll feel like you're in a palace. By far the best and comfiest hostel I've stayed in. I am a solo traveler and it seemed like it may be a tricky place to meet people, but my roommates were all very friendly. I still dream about the bed I had at this hostel.

Very well designed hostel in a very convenient area. Self service laundromat is just around the corner. Many restaurants and shops nearby with walking distance to the popular streets for design shops right from Maastrichter Str straight up to Appellhofplatz. Popular shopping area, Neumarkt is just a few minutes walk away. The beds in the dorm room were really huge, firm and comfortable with lots of privacy if required. Toilets and showers were always clean. Overall will definitely come back!

One of the best hostels i've been.

The hostel was very clean and modern. The single beds were huge and cosy. Not far from the centre of Cologne and the downstairs bar was a nice touch. Overall, a really enjoyable stay.

• 14th Oct 2014

everything was brilliant especially friendly staff, just shower room's drain wasn't smoothly.

The beds were huge! It could literally fit 2 people comfortable and you had a lot of privacy with curtains. Personal outlet, shelf and lots of space between the upper/lower bunk. You could literally do some morning yoga in bed. Lockers beside the bed could fit a person inside. I am still amazed at how spacious the room was. Very clean hostel with some quirky traits. Location is great, next to some lovely cafes and parks.

A gem of a hostel! Absolutely everything about it is amazing! Highly recommend staying here!

great to stay here, awesome that every bed had a curtains for more privacy. I just wasn´t lucky with my roommates, the night I was there, they were unbelievably noisy!!! Breakfast good and the staff is really nice.

great hostels with the best beds ive ever seen in any hostel. essentially a twin bed for every person. cool funky bar downstairs.

The place is pretty easy to find and its a bit of a walk to see most sites, but your very close to the metro! The staff are soooooo helpful and extremely nice! It is very safe and you're right above a cafe and a bar! Definitely recommend!

Beautifully unique rooms, great bar downstairs. In a really trendy area.

• 8th Oct 2014

Best big beds great location

I love this hostel, it is a touch out of the main centre of town, but seriously, hire a bike for the day from the train station and in combination with this hostel, you are set!

Definitively the best hostel I've ever stayed in. If it weren't for the shared facilities/room, it would have felt like I was staying in a small hotel rather than a hostel. I stayed in a single, so I can't speak for the dorms, but my room ('Tom') was just amazing - great concept, extremely clean, and actually quite comfortable. They offer a breakfast for a slight charge, which while modest, was actually good! Also a quick ride to the city center, or a 20-30 minute walk if you have time.

Great room at a great price. Friendly staff. The host at the front desk was very pleasant and funny. The bar on the first floor is also a great place to talk to people.

I had a great experience! the location is ideal and the staff were super-friendly at all times. The hostel is stylish and enjoyable to spend time in. The rooms are well designed, and the bunks beds are large, comfortable, clean and equipped to give you plenty of privacy. On the negative side, rooms can get a bit stuffy, the hostel is more suited to quiet rather than socialization, and there isn't a usable kitchen... but all those things are minor. I would definitely recommend and go back again.

Pictures much prettier than the actual rooms. Their description was vague, for example only two of four beds had a lamp. The direct neighborhood has nothing to offer, at least bus and tram stations are in walking distance ( ~5 mins ).

Great stay.