Diep Anh Guesthouse Reviews

241/31 Pham Ngu Lao str., District 1, Ho Chi Minh, Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam

The family are very friendly. When you arrive you are told which trips are good value for money but they dont push you to book simply inform you whats on offer and also give you a map with walking routes and good restaurants. When we left we got goodbye hugs. Score could be higher if bathroom was cleaned better, product wrappers from previous people were still in there. But all in all very good value for money.

• 15th Mar 2015

Felt difficult to go out / stay out late at night (after midnight) because a gate in front of the main door was locked.

• 6th Mar 2015

The best Hostel i have ever! Super owner and very clean and safety. The atmosphere is like an family.

It was the third time we visited the guest house. And it will not be the last time either!!! The family atmosphere makes you feel like coming home. We feel so secure here that we this time took our 3.5 month baby girl with us. We highly recommend Diep Anh guest house because the stuff is amazingly friendly, competent and the location of the guest house can not be better. Thank you again and see you hopefully soon again. The Owalds

Look, if you arrived from Hanoi and expect the same scrubbed up hotels, don't expect the same. This place was SLIGHTLY less well finished ( a few stains on the sheets), but I would recommens this place to anyone based on the fantastic friendly helpful staff, and the location. Note to staff: I would have preferred a choice of coaches to Cambodia. Sorya were cheap, yes but in hindsight I would have preferred something more comfortable and pay slightly more. Thanks!

Great location, great staff. The owners live there and you always feel safe. I came down the alley they live in at 2:30 in the morning and the place was closed. I knocked on the gated door and the owner came down. He was kind and cordial and had my room all ready for me. The location is great, right next to parks, and shopping night market. Careful of the rickshaw drivers... they want to rip you off. Great tour of city from Vietnam Vespas and also had a cooking class on Mekong Delta.

• 15th Feb 2015

Price is about right for guesthouse. There was never any hot water for washing or shower. The tours that the owner sells are not the cheapest as he said We moved to a different place but we wanted a bit more luxury... Like hot water

The owners are gorgeous! So helpful, friendly and kind. The guesthouse has such a homely feel which is so refreshing when you are travelling. Anh was very helpful in recommending tours, restaurants and ways to get around Ho Chi Minh. The rooms are clean, very comfortable, spacious and well supplied (fridge & tv). Location is an easy walk to lots of restaurants and bars in the backpacking mecca. Also an easy walk into all the tourist spots of HCM. I would definitely recommend staying here!

The most wonderful staff who truly go out of there way to help you! Excellent Location!!

• 3rd Feb 2015

We enjoy our stay in diep anh guesthouse. Very good located very friendly staff. We stayed 4 days in Saigon. And we have a little issue. The room had not been cleaned during the entire time of our stay. As the canalizations in Vietnam requires that we throw all the TOILET PAPER in a bin, that becomes a problem.

Anh was extremely helpful in making us comfortable, not only in the Guesthouse but in HCM on the whole. Upon arriving, he sat us down and gave us a map, tips to getting around, places to eat etc. Very friendly and approachable people. Helpful in booking tours at affordable prices too. Throughly enjoyed our stay with Anh!

• 26th Jan 2015
  • Singapore

Absolutely wonderful oasis in the heart of the busy busy city. Mr and mrs anh take the time to acquaint you with the city and recommend restaurants, etc. we did the 1 day tour though the Mekong delta that they set us up with. Some people seemed disappointed but for 17$ I found it quite enjoyable. It's 2 hours there (and back) so by the time you get there you miss the floating market. It was fun tho and the tour guide was nice. I def recommend dieph guesthouse tho. It was an absolut pleasure

This was a lovely family run hotel. The owners were helpful and very friendly. They recommended and helped book day tours and a taxi to the airport. It is located in the backpacker area but down an alley which makes it quieter. It has a homey feel and I would certainly recommend it.

• 9th Jan 2015

Great guest house tucked away in the backpacking district. The owners are amazing and even let me drop off my luggage a few days earlier so that I didnt have to travel with it. Overall a great stay. So good we ended up extended it. I would highly recommend.

Great stay! Extremely friendly and helpful staff.

Such a lovely quiet place to stay in a noisy city. So helpful, just made our stay, recommend 100%

What a nice reception!

• 25th Dec 2014

Highly recommended guest house! The owner and his wife are extremely welcoming and friendly. They make you feel like you're staying with a family friend and take the time to explain everything and help you out any way possible. Rooms were very clean and our belongings were always safe. Book early!

Owners are very sweet , helped me out alot , nicest people I ever met and rooms are very clean and nice , 100% would stay here again.

What a great place Anh has tucked away down a connecting alleyway! There are many guesthouses on there but I chose to book ahead and found a very well run guesthouse and a personally by the owner and wife. The private room was high standard and very clean, they have internet and usual drinks etc for sale - but he can organise trips out all paid and picked up from the guesthouse. Its 1 minute walk from the main backpacker 'strip' - guaranteed a good night out.