9.2
Superb 473 Total Reviews
9.2
Superb 473 Total Reviews
Dillenia Guest House Located at Lot 846 1st Floor Jalan Sida, , Miri.
Malaysia
Miri Sarawak 98000 Lot 846 1st Floor Jalan Sida
92% 473
4.4011936 113.9898034
    Rooms available

• England, Male, 25-30
9th Jan 2017

Mrs Lee was very helpful in sorting out transfers and lifts from the airport and to Brunei. Hostel was clean and did the job. Free mini bananas and bread for breakfast is always good. Upon our return to Miri from Brunei Mrs Lee had predicted our return and had a note and beds waiting for us, so that was nice. There are reasonably long periods of time where the desk is unmanned, but there are contact numbers for those times

• Australia, Male, 41+
6th Jan 2017

Mrs Lee is a fantastic host and happily welcomed our family to Dillenia Guesthouse and offered some wonderful advice on what to do & where to go in Miri for a family. Mrs Lee also without hesitation organised required transport for us. No task was too big for Mrs Lee to handle. Thank you

• Philippines, All Male Group, 31-40
26th Dec 2016

Thank you, Mrs. Lee for your great hospitality. You've been most warm and helpful since I booked the room and emailed you for confirmation! I hope more guests will drop by Dillenia and experience the best hostel in Miri!

26th Dec 2016

I agree with the previous positive comments. Good clean and safe place to stay near to shops, restaurants and a few pubs. Would stay here again.

• Australia, Male, 41+
12th Dec 2016

Mrs Lee, I can't thank enough for sending my phone to Mulu with the French couple, Marcel and Martina (or Martinique as I called her).!!!! Such great care for your guests will surely be remembered and rewarded for years to come! The welcome and camaraderie in the guest house and the restaurant below is outstanding The only negative is finding the place so I suggest getting picked up from the airport by their lovely lady driver

• zenitse6186
  • Czech Republic, Male, 25-30
  • Globetrotter
15th Nov 2016

This guesthouse is well-maintained, was quite empty at the time I was staying (low season, but many people avoid staying in Miri and head straight to Mulu or Niah anyway) so it was actually convenient for my work since it was quiet. Mrs. Lee is very welcoming and gave me a lot of useful advice (like the amazing Indian restaurant!). Also arranged a cheaper transportation from/to the airport. Great location in the centre of the city with lots of dining options around. Recommended.

• ciaranquinlan395
  • Ireland, Male, 41+
24th Oct 2016

fantastic, mrs lee is so helpful and without her my stay in miri would not have been as memorable.

14th Oct 2016

One of my favourite hostels in Malaysia. Mrs. Lee is the most hospitable and helpful person I've come across at a hostel yet. She leaves you personalised notes and really welcomes you. When my friend and I were conflicted about our plans she sat down with us and gave us extremely helpful advice explaining our different options. Aside from the great staff, the hostel itself was great. I was very clean and comfortable. There is also a light breakfast provided. I definitely recommend Dillenia!

• England, Male, 41+
7th Oct 2016

The guest house is in a great location in heart of Miri. Ideal for eating and the shops.There is quite a lot of traffic noise with mopeds and cars until late at night. Mrs Lee is very helpful for arranging trips and special thanks to Joseph who took us to the Niah Caves then waits 5 hours to bring you back after your walk! Basic breakfast supplied which is good. Reliable transport to/from the airport arranged at hostel.

• Switzerland, Male, 31-40
  • Globetrotter
25th Sep 2016

I loved my stay at Dillenia. Mrs. Lee was super friendly (thanks again for all the handwritten messages) and very helpful. The guesthouse is well located in Miri, close to restaurants, bars and shopping malls. If I go back to Miri, I'd definitely stay here again :)