Dillenia Guest House Reviews

Lot 846 1st Floor Jalan Sida, Miri, Malaysia

Nice to stay here for 2 nights!

• 2nd Sep 2014

Great! I would recommend that hostel to everyone. Mrs. Lee is so nice.Thanks for everything.

• 19th Aug 2014

One of the best hostels ive ever been. Staff is great, breakfast is delicious and the place is very clean and comfortable. While staying in Dillenia i felt like in home.

We were only in Miri one night but would definitely recommend this hostel. Ms Lee was very helpful facilitating our trip to Niah caves and reccomended an excellent nearby restaurant. There were only 2 downsides; very squeaky dorm bunk beds and the wifi was not working the morning we left. Evrything else was great though :)

Mrs Lee is a beautiful host, nothing is too much trouble for her. I left my phone in the room when I left for Brunei and she got it too me the next day with the same driver who took us there. Would recommend Dillenia Guest House highly.

• 28th Jul 2014

We had a nice stay in Dillenia Guesthouse. Mrs. Lee is very friendly and helpful. She has plenty of advice! The only negative aspect was a lot of street noise during the night.

• 17th Jul 2014
  • Belgium

This place was lovely and homely, incredibly clean, the bathroom facilities were the nicest in any of the hostels during our Borneo trip. Mrs Lee was very helpful and welcoming.

• 13th Jul 2014
  • New Zealand

Mrs Lee is an amazing host of the perfect hostel. Thank you for the amazing stay and your helpfulness

Thank you so much for making our stay a truly enjoyable one! Would recommend this place to anyone traveling with a budget, it really exceeded our expectations. :)

The place is very homey and mrs. Lee just makes the place feel like home. We'd hang out at the living room and ask mrs. Lee for the best places to eat good food. I like that place :)

• 11th Jun 2014
  • Philippines

Nice to stay.Owner is very nice.We were early at checkin around 1pm and official checkin was 1 pm and there was no one there so we came back one hour later.We stayed one night and had the hostel arrange transport to airport for RM 20. we got a non official guy who charged us RM 30. I had contact with the hostel later on and the owner mrs Lee wanted to give back the RM 10 by transfer the money to our hostel in Kuching. This was a nice gesture. So lesson learned always check the price first.

• 31st May 2014

The shared toilet are always occupied. When you use it you have to wait about 30-45mins before you can use the toilet flash. Its taking too much time to fill with water.

The reasons I have given this hostel a poor review is as follows : I think Mrs Lee was away so her sister? Was there I'm her absence, well there in body as much as she wanted to which was hardly at all, and when I asked her a couple of questions she asked if it could wait till later. The only thing she wanted to do was sell her taxi services, as soon as you stepped foot in the place! The bunk beds are terrible! Squeaky and tiny, they didn't feel safe at all, I would like to say more but can'

Thank you Mrs Lee for arranging my transport to the airport with other solo travellers. That helped us share the high cost of getting there. Your little notes pasted on the door were very sweet and genuine. Will be back in Dilenia if I'm in Miri again.

Amazing guesthouse! Nice dorms, spacious, clean, with aircon... Is like being in your own house. The living room and kitchen are very big and comfortable. Also two computers for free use and wifi. Breakfast is nice too. And Ms Lee is wonderful. I have absolutely nothing negative to say. I loved everything in there! It's the perfect place to rest and relax, but also good if you want to visit the national parks around.

Nice clean hostel with comfortable beds and central location. Mrs Lee was very friendly and helpful.

Mrs Lee was fantastic.She was very efficient,welcoming and helpful.

• 14th Apr 2014

Mrs. Lee, excellent host!

Only stayed for 1 night but felt right at home- comfortable, safe and happy! Mrs Lee is a very kind and helpful lady with a lovely guesthouse :) Breakfast, hot showers (with soap and shampoo!) and A/C included! Ooh and she also sells very cute handmade patchwork blankets!

It's a good place to stay in Miri, good location, good staff, and great experience