Dizzy Daisy Downtown Hostel Reviews

Ul. Pedzichow 9, Krakow, Poland

We stayed at dizzy daisy after taking the night train to Auschwitz and spending the day there. We were pretty exhausted when we got to the hostel so we changed our booking from a large dorm to a private double. The room was really nice, as was the private bathroom (although the shower drain needed to be cleaned). The staff was really helpful in answering our questions and giving us directions. The hostel is also close enough to walk to the train station and the old square.

This entire hostel is all about a tourism company SeeKrakow.com [and old people too!]. The hostel is promoting their tours on the hostel's mugs and even to room's key chains. If you don't join this company's pricy tour and let some of the hostel staffs earn their commission, this hostel's staffs would just completely ignore you or be rude to you. They don't even want to tell you how to get to Auschwitz or the Salt Mine by yourself. It's really easy and CHEAP to get there, DO NOT join any tour!

The rooms are pretty nice. We slept very comfortably. :)

Very basic place. Clean for the most part. Staff knew very little about anything. They basically tell you to google it. Great location to center of the city and train/bus station. Wouldn't really stay here again. The atmosphere is literally just for a place to sleep. No real atmosphere for fun and we showed up on nye to give you an idea.

Had a nice stay here. The shower drains should be cleared more frequently as the water backed up quite a bit in both of the showers I used during my stay.

Great staff. Location was close to Krakow Głowny but a little far from the city center. The common area wasn't the cleanest but besides that it was great!

• 28th Dec 2015

I thought the hostel was affordable and comfortable, I feel like I had a good stay for my money, however it was just a hostel to sleep in. I didn't think there was a very good atmosphere for meeting people nor was there anything very memorable about my stay. I would recommend making the common area more cool. Maybe some tranquil lights, or some music or a bar, or just something that will attract more people to the common area to make improve the atmosphere. Maybe add more color to the hostel.

Great staff, they even games the kitchen/living room.

Very nice stay, the only uncomfortable thing are the couches/bed in the living room.

Ula was exteemely helpful and went outmof her way to help me more than one time. And Jerek was a big part of the atmosphere at Dizzy Daisy. These people made my stay enjoyable and I couldnt have been happier, as a solo traveller to have spent my Christmas with such a fun group of people.

• 24th Dec 2015
  • Singapore

Amazing hostel, kickass common room, helpful staff and only a short walk from both the main train station and the Old Town. Avoid the directions posted by the hostel on here though, a bit confusing! All in all, a lovely stay in Kraków!

Excelente hostelhostel. Bem limpo, boa localização (15 min da rodoviáriarodoviária). Único "problema" foi a falta de tomadas próximas as camas! The only "problem" was that closer to the beds it wasn't no energy source, but everything else was great.

Very conveniently located, both from the train/bus station and the old town. But far from the Jewish quarter, in case you are planning to see everything on foot.

The floor makes too much noise, but the room is spacious. The bed is good but could be better. There are no towels and the lockers should be closer to the bed. Also, there are no lampshades and since you gotta sometimes go to the other side of the room to grab something in your locker, it is complicated. The rest was fine, we stayed there for two nights.

Dizzy Daisy Downtown Hostel is clean, comfortable, quiet and conveniently located. I'd stay again.

Good points about this stay included the showers that were really warm and had a steady stream of water; The location which was only 10 minutes walking to the city centre and near a few express shops for groceries; and the staff who helped me when I had something stolen. Downsides included no breakfast included in price of room, lack of toilet paper stocked in toilets, clogged drains in the showers, and a mediocre atmosphere.

• 18th Dec 2015
  • hopemikal4840

Loved the kitchen and that we were allowed to check in early!!

The hostel is located 15 min walking distance ftom the center and the 15 min from the train station, really convinient, is clean and looks just like the pictures.

Great location, just a ten minute walk from the old town. The dorm I stayed in had loads of space and each bed has a big locker. It's basic but amazing value. The staff are lovely and happy to give local advice and book trips to Auschwitz and the Salt mines.

I arrived late at night and had no problem checking in; -) 24 hour reception and a very friendly cool guy at reception(Mathiaus) the common room is very spacious and kitchen is adequate, great computers and showers were very spacious and worked perfectly, also i was in a 10 bed dorm and it was very large and plenty of room for bags etc and also free lockers provied;-) location is great also, only a 5-10 minute walk to train and bus station

« first « Prev 1 2 3