Dizzy Daisy Downtown Hostel Reviews

Ul. Pedzichow 9, Krakow, Poland

Groovey there's no other word for it

• 30th Jul 2015

Very nice and clean. TV to watch films. Book swap great idea. Nice staff. Good location.

Everything was great apart from the longest and slowest check-in ever!

The worst hostel experience I have had in my worldwide travel. The staff were rude and unhelpful, anytime I had to interact with them they made me feel like I was a hassle. I don't think I saw one of them smile once when talking to a guest. When you are a solo traveller, to be made to feel unwelcome at a hostel when you arrive and don't know a single person or thing, creates a very negative experience. No social atmosphere either. Facilities average. Location good. I would not stay again.

Well placed and a nice place. Staff were very friendly and helpful.

Best hostel I've ever stayed in. To be fair, the set-up feels more hotel-y than hostel-y, but I still met some great people hanging out in the common room. Otherwise, amazing.

The location is perfectly located a few blocks from the old city. The staff is friendly and helpful, from inquiries about trips to teaching you how to use the Internet to track the buses. Each room had it's own locking cabinet per bed, included with the price of the room. Also, the beds are numbered, and you're given the number of your bed when you arrive. It's important to realize the bottom bunks are odd, and the top bunks are even. That means bed 1 is actually on the bottom.

Overall, my stay was positive. However there are few things that could really be improved. First off, if you don't like smoke, this hostel is not for you. You have to walk through the courtyard and entrance through everyone smoking. Many of them were the employees. My only other real issue was the horrible Internet connection. Otherwise, the location was good and central. It was about a 5-10 minute walk to the Old City. It was very convenient to the bus and train station.

Nice hostel. Staff were friendly even if some of the other guests weren't! Nice common room with kitchen and good facilities. Shower rooms were clean and well equipped. Security was a bit questionable as the code to get into the dorms seemed to be given out easily without asking for proof that you were actually staying there. Overall a pleasant stay.

Very nice place, I would definitely recommend it! clean, quiet and good location. Staff was friendly and answered all our question, the trip to the salt mine they booked for us was not so well organised though.

Loved this hostel. The rooms were spacious with a sofa and lockers, facilities were good, 5 min walk from Old Town and there was a good atmosphere. The only downside I can think of is that the dorms are not individually locked, but as there are only 3 dorms to a floor I didn't feel that security was a problem.

Would strongly recommend

Free welcome shot, happy days. P.s. Staff lovely and helpful. Wonderful kitchen facilities and the cleanliness was good. Lovely big airy rooms. Fabulous.

Friendly staff and good facilities combined with a great location made it a lovely stay in Krakow. Highly recommended.

very helpful staff. everything was within walking distance.

My only downfall was the way we were greeted at breakfast from next door the two women clearly saw myself and friend standing there and ignored us for a minute eventually they came to us and were not much help. We ended up having breakfast in the hostel itself, tea/coffee which was free of charge! Excellent stay, very friendly lad greeted us on arrival! Shower lovely, room fab ! Overall great stay!

Great location on regards to the bus/train station and Old Town. Great value for money. We were sceptical of everyone's reviews about the creaky floors, but in all seriousness they are creaky!

Me and my friend were very impressed with the quality of the hostel. The rooms are large and the lockers are big enough to put a big suitcase. We had some problems with the shower 'cause it wasn't coming hot water, but they solved the problem pretty quickly and the employees are there to help you with anything. Since Krakow is pretty small the location of the hostel is really good. It's a great place to stay even more than just a few days. Totally recommended.

A bit of a weird place but for the price it was decent. The rooms were secured by a code that I'm fairly certain didn't change ever. The rooms were spacious but pretty outdated. Fairly average. The tours they set you up with aren't the best I would do another one.

Supernice:Staff,location,price,breakfast included,rooms,.showers,living room everything perfect. :)