Dolphins Beach House Reviews

14 Duke Street, Sunshine Beach, Noosa, Australia

Nice hostel, quiet, the staff is welcoming, right next to sunshine beach, clean, good wifi, good atmosphere, hostel for calm and not the party! Just missing lockers in the rooms but pleasant stay!

Cheap accommodation, but not really cheap enough comparing to what you get. We had cockroaches in our room (in the bed also) and in kitchen and bathroom, disgusting. Also some of the staff where just not nice when I spoke to them. But I think my favorite was "we don't provide soap", like really? So if you wanna wash your hands after you've been to the bathroom you'll have to take your own soap with you (wonder how many does that...) Plus side's good wifi, and some staff are really nice.

This place was super cool! Two bedrooms got their own bathroom to share and kitchen. Common area seemed very cool. Did not encourage partiers (which I am for).

You pay way to much for a double room! 90$ together. You have a kitchen with 4 other people, thats good, but not enough stuff in the kitchen. There is 1 toilet and shower for 6 people. One door, so if people taking a shower in the morning, you have to waith a long time for the toilet!! Wifi is not good working.. the swimming pool is a tub, you can not call it a pool. Many stupid rules, and check out 9.30. If you are too late or break a rule, you have to pay 5 dollar! I'm never comming back!

Definitely not a party hostel but a great place to meet people! Really laid back. Lots of rules to keep the noise down but people tend to ignore them a bit! Felt like home after a few days. Really liked it here!

Staff was unfriendly and didn't make me feel welcome at all. The rule signs everywhere made that feeling even worse. Thought the check out rules was a joke first, 9:30 and you have to leave the area or pay to keep your bags?? It could have been a great hostel experience but it wasn't. Two nights was enough for me.

Felt like more of an inconvenience than a valued guest. More effort put into signs telling you what you couldn't do than what you could and very little atmosphere. In addition our aircon broke but even after telling the staff it was not fixed and the rooms were small and uncomfortable. However location was good right next to the beach and regular transport provided.

• 24th Mar 2015
  • Scotland

Cool hostel with a great lounge area. Had a good time staying here. Only down Side was the 5 dollar for storing your bag ( even if it is untill 12pm) i have never had that anywhere else??

I'd read a few reviews before going about bad customer service, but every member of staff I met was nice and helpful. My friend and I stayed in a double room. It was fairly minimalist - just a bed, a towel rack and a tv (didn't use it but assuming it worked) - but I didn't need anything more than that, and the shared bathroom and kitchen were clean and well-equipped.

• 19th Mar 2015

Not for party people. Except a thousand signs saying "its not allowed to do that" its not a bad plqce. Far away from the city center and place of interest, there is a shuttle bus but the service is over after 5pm.

We had an excellent stay here! It has a very chilled out atmosphere with nice seating areas, hammocks, TVs, freezer

Nice looking place and good to spend some relaxed days but for me a little bit too far from town center. The many proscribtion sings were not good for the atmosphere.

Did not offer any shuttle from Greyhound to hostel. Rude and unhelpful staff and the location and transport to the place was poor. Would not recommend.

really nice outside area with great atmosphere. you can really relax plus the wifi works very well! BUT the shower was moldy and i had to take a cold shower twice and the kitchen had almost no utilities and it wasnt very clean.

Stayed for 2 nights and there was a shuttle from the bus station that took you straight to the hostel that also leaves various times during the day to go by the grocery store and little bit of shopping. There was a lot of rules at the hostel, check out at 9:30 and you can't stay at the hostel after you've checked out and 5 dollars to store bags there. Also no goon and no drinking after 7. Staff definitely could have been nicer as well

A very nice hostel with lovely atmosphere and nice people. We really enjoyed our stay and would recommend the hostel!

• 26th Feb 2015
  • Finland

Staff were not very friendly, there are a lot of rules everywhere which makes for not the most inviting enviornment. Seemed to be a lot of staff working and not being friendly to the other guests passing through. Doesn't create a very social vibe.

Nice chilled place to stay we enjoyed it ...

• 21st Feb 2015

We stayed there with a friend for 3 nights. The outside common area is really nice. I really like the fact that the hostel is divided in apartments of two bedrooms. So there is a kitchen for 8-9 people, the kitchen is really basic though (not even a microwave or a toaster, which are probably the things travelers use the most). The really bad thing is the way the hostel is managed (staff not helpful or kind, cleaning at 7:30am, ...) Good enough to stay there, but don't expect much more ;)

Soooooo bad. I read the reviews n saw bad ones n thought it can't be that bad but this is the worst hostel in Australia. Staff are very hostile and I heard some taking the mick out of a large sized guest there. The women with glasses was telling people off in the shuttle bus saying she was better than them. U cannot drink alcohol past 7pm on their site which is bonkers? I was drinking a beer with my dinnet n got told to put it in the bin.

• 17th Feb 2015