Downtown Beds Reviews

Isabel La Catolica 30, Colonia Centro, Mexico City, Mexico

Amazing Hostel, I met so many people and the food is great. They just need to work on the Wifi system :D

• 12th Jul 2015

Outstanding hostel. The price and location can't be beat.

• 30th Jun 2015

Excellent service / Excelente servicio!

• 27th Jun 2015
  • Mexico

Upper bunks are almost like a double bed, but do have a small added partition to separate each side. Fine if sleeping next to someone you know, but potentially awkward if sharing with a stranger. Really good location just off zocalo, but not a huge range of eating options nearby at night. Room did not circulate air and so was unnecessarily hot a lot of the time. Terrible mirrors in the bathrooms, and breakfast wasn't great, but was free, so can't complain too much.

Great hostel, awesome rooftop bar and pool party on the sat night, highly recommend.

Really nice botique hostel in a perfect location. Staff were really helpful when asked things, however, not much intro or tour during check in. Also, breakfast could be better. Also, there really needs to be dividers on the top bunks so that there is some privacy. Overall, really good for your money

First time im Mexico City and had no clue what to expect. I'm a flight attendant so I stay in and out of hotels often. Was pleasantly surprised at the location and cleanliness of the place. Paola was very patient with us at the front desk and answered every question with great patience. We took her suggests on places to eat and places to visit and enjoyed everything. I thought the room was very comfortable and clean. Will definitely stay here again and recommend this place to my FA friends!

• 29th Apr 2015

This is the first time that i stay in a Hostel in my country and i have to admit that Downtown Beds was the best choice !..great location and excellent value for the money.

Great location, staff could be more approachable great rooms

The location of this hostel is the only positive thing, other than that it's overpriced and the staff were terrible. They force you to buy the beer they sell and even try to confiscate beer you buy elsewhere. The top bunks are merged together forming a single bed, making things extremely awkward sleeping in the same bed with a stranger. And their 'breakfast' is pathetic.

Very nice place located just one block away from the main plaza, if travelling solo just please request the beds number 1,2,5or6 these are just normal single beds, the other 4 (#3,4,7,8 /all rooms are the same) are upstairs and dont have any type of separation so it is like sleeping in a king bed with someone else. Located inside this fancy Galeria with other Luxury Hotel, and nice restaurants and shopping, close to the subway, only missing some of that Hostel atmosphere but it´s a great place!!

• 2nd Apr 2015
  • Mexico

Location is unbeatable and the building it's housed in is stunning - only downside, the breakfast is not always there or well organised.

It was great. Its around 5 minutes walk from many of Mexico city attractions. I stayed in a private room. Staff where very helpful and all spoke great english. *BUT* *Lockers where broken in my private room (key also had hostel name & room no on it!) *Small things like bar times arn't advertised. Bar is "kinda attended" at times. Never understood the times/days it operated. *Hard to meet people if you dont speak spanish (not a complaint on hostel - just saying). Staff speak excellent enlgish

• 28th Mar 2015

We loved this place, one of the best hostels we have ever stayed. The location is unbeatable, cool, superclean, the staff is superfriendly. We have booked to an other hostel for our second night in DF, but we wish we would stay there for the whole time. 100% recommended!

Nice, quiet and convenient place to stay, in a nicely designed dorm.

Very nice hostel. My only gripe was that there was no wifi signal on the 2nd or 3rd level.

• 5th Mar 2015

I enjoyed my stay. Funny that a hostel is located inside of a ultra fancy hotel. I felt like a peasant on the Titanic! Also - fill up your soap dispensers more often! They're always out.

My friend and I were really impressed with downtown beds, the staff were friendly, the location was perfect just a few minutes walk from the main square, palacio de bellas artes, the tube station etc. The rooms were spotless and secure. Overall, we were very happy with our stay and would definitely come back again!! :)

• 11th Feb 2015

This is by far the best hostel for great bed facilities and hotel worthy showers!!! HOWEVER if you are looking for a social back packet vibe it doesn't have it. Also the breakfast is pretty poor. Having only bread, jam and butter and if you're lucky a half decent banana. Though the hostel has a communal area,the dark grey contemporary walls and the layout doesn't create a comfortable hostel vibe, rather a clinical uber cool hotel. But if you want a great night sleep, amazing showers it's great!