Downtown Beds Reviews

Isabel La Catolica 30, Colonia Centro, Mexico City, Mexico

It's the best hostel we have ever stayed. The bed is comfy, the blanket is a bit rough and cause a little itchiness to me. Overall is good. We had trouble showering hot water the first night. It's either too hot or too cold. We couldnt adjust. Second day was okay. THey have an outdoor pool and jacuzzi and they look really nice. It's pretty near to the metropolitan church maybe around 10 mins walk.

• 28th Dec 2014
  • Malaysia

The stairs should be more wide and more lights. It´s a little bit dark.

• 27th Dec 2014
  • Portugal

I wish the bartender was around more. It was hard to order beer and the wifi is weak here. Totally recommend the place though.

• 23rd Dec 2014

Only stayed one night but it was a good hostel in a good area!

The hostel is located in a lovely street in downtown Mexico City. I even got to get some cocktails at the top of the Torre Latinoamericana and some dinner around Gante - all walking distance. The staff was nice and very helpful. The bar is cheap, the beer is cold, the internet runs. Downtown Beds definitely meets all needs. Except for lighting, I did notice some defficiencies in lighting and also signs, better signs would help. That's all. Other than that, great job guys!

• 28th Nov 2014
  • Mexico

Not enough lockers. None of the security boxes in the rooms were used because they were two small and even if you wanted to recharge a phone it would not work as the adapters would not fit. Yes you could charge with the security box open? Got eaten at night byby mosquitoes.

Amazing design and location, felt much more like a hotel than a hostel. I wish the internet worked outside the courtyard which is not helpful when it rains. Not very social or easy to meet other guests, definitely not a party hostel but ideal if traveling with friends of a partner. Liz at the front desk was very friendly and made my stay very easy.

PROS - Great design of hostel! - Movie room awesome! - Showers are great because they are big and private seperate entities. - Very clean - Very trendy CONS - Hard to find - Staff not around often to order food or drinks - my room had a noisy air con/vent which went constantly so it was not very quiet. - Drinks on the slightly expensive side - A pool was advertised, I could not see a pool and that was why I booked here. - The movies didnt always play