Downtown Siem Reap Hostel Reviews

#0369 Wat Damnak Village, Siem Reap, Cambodia

The atmosphere in this hostel makes it. The room I stay in for small for 6 beds, the A/C was old and didn't work very well so there was always a smell of teenage boy in there, no lights or sockets at your own bed. Food is a tad overpriced, but the drink measures are perfectly reasonably :) the sun lounges need to be replaced as only 3 are functional. The location is great but next door you can get a private room was less!

Couldn't really pick a fault with it. Really friendly staff, good location right by the night market just across the bridge from the city centre, good value restaurant etc. Whole city had a power cut and the hostel went out of their way to make up for it (even though it wasn't their fault) by giving out free beer to everyone.

The dorms were clean with good air con. The pool was nice to have. The food wasnt great in terms of value for money - generally small portions and low quality. Some of the English speaking staff were kind of rude and didn't seem to know the area at all. One behind the bar ranting to guests about how all Cambodian food was 'vile' and 'disgusting' and the food eaten by the Khmer staff made him sick. I thought this was a really weird move when you're supposed to be welcoming people to a country.

Im just replying to address this issue as i know the situation which your speaking about very well, it was in actual fact a group of customers and me talking and joking about food in general, i personally believe people have different tastes in food and i find it odd that you would criticize the hostel because my taste in food is different to yours. All our food is freshly made everyday and im sorry that it didnt suit your taste. have a pleasant stay in phnom penn

Downtown was great fun to stay at. Good staff, decent room&&loads of people around ready for a party. I had a great time!!

Def a social hostel with good vibes !! Very important: swimmingpool! Def need that after a visit to the temples. Staff is super friendly and helpfull with anything you need.

The rooms are very basic but the pool was nice. I stayed 5 days and 3 days we had power cuts from 5-6 AM to 10 - 1 PM meaning no AC, Wifi or even showers or toilets stop working. Very inconvenient as it get really hot and you cannot take shower or do anything. I stayed in other places in SR where the power cuts never lasted more than few minutes or they use generators.

Average hostel but fine for cost paid. the bus service arranged by the hostel was horrendous, not their fault but arrange different but based on independent reviews. Power kept cutting off. Beds and air con a plus.

Siem Reap has been plagued by power cuts the last two weeks, once for 4 days, and various cuts since. The city appears to be back to normal now- sorry for your inconvenience, but completely out of our control I'm afraid, but very frustrating for both parts nevertheless. We're awaiting your reply by email regarding the bus, and will look into the complaint once received from you. Thanks anyway for your review.

Bad ass hostel. They have a pool, bar, food, music, and great hangout area. Great location. Plenty of travelers. Only thing that sucks is you have to give them your passport as a security deposit.

Thanks for your review Jason- very positive. I'd just like to add though, that delivery of passport is only done for those who run a tab, and your tab was pretty bad- this is our security, The other option is to pay a 50$ deposit on the room, and pay the tab off each evening at reception- then we don't need the passport. Sorry if you were not given this second option. Hopefully we'll see you again in the future.Mark

The boss is the most unfriendly and rude person ever seen. Don't work in hosting tourists if you don't like people. It is your job to be friendly respectfull and helpfull to your custommer. It is called hospitality, go back to the hostelling school. Oh wait, no did not attempt it.

Good vibe at the hostel, staff was friendly. Nice pool and good shower facilities.

Absolutely loved this hostel! We arrived very early in the morning after a horrible night bus and they have secure bag storage for us and a large area to relax and chill for a few hours before check-in. The rooms were comfortable with individual plug sockets and lights. The staff were friendly and useful when I lost the key to the lock on my bag. And the free walking tour they offer when you arrive is very helpful to get to know the surroundings.

The hostel was decent for meeting other backpackers. The hostel wifi was very bad and often cut out. The pool area was nice, but you could not see the bottom of the pool and needs cleaning. Overall, I would suggest for the cost, the value is good.

The staff here were excellent, good fun and happy to have a been and give you the tips for Siem Reap. They handled the power cut situations well as they had no control of a lot of things. Dorm rooms are good, clean and the air conditioning (which is needed) was perfect. Having the Pool there too was a bonus

The hostel is really near of the city center but you have to do two very dark blocks to get there. The pool can be more clean and the water more transparent...

Great atmosphere, you'll always find somebody partying and drinking around the pool and international staff. Not very clean or secure. The water in the swimming pool was pretty brown... And the room not very clean, squeaky beds

One of the staff booked our tuk tuk for Angkor wat, booked us a bus to battambang, and organized for the greatest tuk tuk driver to meet us in battambang to show us around which turned out to be a highlight of our trip. Thank you for everything!

Booked via hostelworld, but was overbooked (because of Khmer new year). 1st night I had to sleep on a matress on the ground, but when i came back early morning after long night of party, someone else was sleeping on my matress so i had to sleep elsewhere (where i had to pay $15) 2nd night i slept in a very basic dorm, where i could not charge my phone or camera. Bathrooms are very basic, not clean and water was not working. Atmosphere was good, staff was also nice. I also liked the food.

Very cool hostel if you plan on having a good drinking holiday in Siem Reap

- Staff weren't knowledgeable of area, nor provided quick service. Would get distracted in getting issues resolved and just general passion for the country and city. - Condition of rooms was very sub-par. There was a water leak that was barely acknowledged - Did not appreciate the security of passports. Mandated that they hold passports if we stay at the hostel, yet it was in a small locker visible to everyone. - Can't recommend this to any other guests, individuals or small groups

Had a pretty good stay overall. The pool and outside area is very nice? Conveniently located, 10mn walk to the town centre and Pub Street, without being in a too busy area. Wifi working well, and I had a room with A/C which is always nice in Siem Reap's heat. Too bad there is no common room inside.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4