Downtown Siem Reap Hostel Reviews

#0369 Wat Damnak Village, Siem Reap, Cambodia

Stayed here for five nights, electrics in our room didn't work so couldn't charge our phones, could only do this downstairs in reception where I didn't feel our phones would be safe. They use a tab system so you pay for food, drink etc at the end of your stay so it's hard to keep track of what you're spending. I had insect bites on my leg and as the electricity kept cutting out in our room so no AC I had to use the pool which was dirty and my bites got infected, I ended up in hospital!

• 11th Aug 2015

Not too impressed with the manager after he went back on his word regarding the price of our room. The pool our first day was really murky and looked like it hadn't been cleaned in a long time. The water pressure in the showers was terrible. Bus/transport tickets are way overpriced. Go down the road a block and save yourself about 50%. With that being said its a great location and the atmosphere is great. Met some of the coolest people.

Great staff, great tour packages, have thoroughly recommended to everyone I've crossed paths with that are heading Siem Reap way.

Our stay at this hostel can be summed up in 3 words: an awful nightmare. The only good thing about it is its location. The rest is horrible: most of the staff is quite creepy, the swimming pool and the building dirty. During our 3 night stay, on frequent occasions there was no running water in the whole hostel and in our room it was always cold running water. You can imagine how it is when you are all sweaty and dirty and want to have a shower and there is NO WATER. Dont go there

Cannot say enough good things about this place, I have recommended it to everyone I've met since. The pool is awesome, the staff are brilliant (special shout out to Chris- thanks for the bracelet)- and the atmosphere is really fun. They also organise tours to Angkor wat and the floating villages at really good prices. Would stay here again in a heartbeat.

Chris and Jim were great! Showed us a great time in Siem Reap. Prices get a little out of hand since you just have a running tab without much idea on prices. It adds up quickly.

All the staff are amazing. Like friends- especially Jim, Chris and Doyle- love you guys!

• 1st Aug 2015

Booked for one night but stayed for three. Basic accommodation but clean with a great atmosphere with good location. Would stay again.

• 30th Jul 2015

The very friendly and funny staff made our time at this hostel nothing short of enjoyable. The social scene at the hostel was great, especially around the bar and pool. Although we were not big into staying up late and partying since we were at the end of our trip, many of the people staying here were into that, and they were very respectful about coming in late. Definitely a hostel I would stay at again next time I am in Siem Reap!

Cool hostel, great for solo travellers like me as good atmosphere. Could do with outlets for each bed. Nice guys running the place, good food. Pool was disgustingly dirty though

Such a fun hostel. Staff are super helpful and organize games/activities every night. Pub Street is in walking distance. Pool is prime. Will need to to back to win the beer pong tournament again!

• 25th Jul 2015

Had an amazing stay here, booked 4 nights and stayed 2 weeks! Would definitely recommend staying if you want a good time! Doyle Chris Jim and Lee were all amazing staff members!!

• 24th Jul 2015

The hostel itself was amazing! Close to the most important places in Siem Reap, very clean and well equipped! The staff was extremely helpful and great fun to hang out with! They'd take you somewhere else every other night and looked after you and your experience! Definitely recommendable! The only thing to complain about is the tab system. When checking out I found a few things that I did not consume or use.

• 21st Jul 2015

Cheap and cheerful. Great laundry service and very code to pub street. Also, excellent atmosphere

I had a fabulous stay at Downtown hostel. Good location, just a 10 minute walk to Old Market/Pub St. Staff were great (thanks Jim and Doyle) and it was a social, fun place to stay. So good having the pool too!

I booked one night at this place. Overall impression wasnt good. Didnt like the tab system. Broken sunbeds and seats. Flies all over the place, old/unstable bunk beds. The place just needs a facelift and i cut my hand on the sharp doors of the luggage storage. Wouldnt recommend.

Awesome staff, chill pool, cool A/C, perfect location, weekly bbq, cheap beer. Stop looking and just stay here.

Fine place, but The staff just tries to screw everyone by adding random Food and drinks to your personal bill, and when you tell them its wrong they correct your bill, but fail to give back the right amount of change. Im not the only one who had this experience and heard it from 4 others too. It all happend with the big staff guy.. Mate!

We loved our stay at the downtown Siem reap hostel. They were super helpful with tours of Angkor (providing a driver who took us on a set circuit the first day and then to the temples of our choosing the second day) and transport to the airport. Great laundry service & tasty food and beer. The pool was outstanding. My only complaint was that the wifi didn't work inside our room, but it was fine in the common area. We'd come back in a heartbeat!

• 26th Jun 2015

Thank you for your kind words, Cheers from the downtown Crew

It was a bit of a dissapointment because this hostel was very well reviewed but it really didn´t stand up to how it was rated. It is a bit dirty and some work that was being done in the entrance gave it a very careless look. The pool is nice but it wasn´t in tiptop shape either. Nevertheless it is worth highlighting the owner´s/manager´s service. He was very friendly and helpfull and organized our day in Ankor Watt which was very helpfull.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4