Downtown Siem Reap Hostel Reviews

#0369 Wat Damnak Village, Siem Reap, Cambodia

i enjoyed my stay in this hostel. but you have to be aware of this is beeing more like a party hostel. music stops at 11 pm when the people move to pub street (every night). room was with ac. maybe just to say ... the prices are different and can change every day. I got the ones which are more expensive. Tab system seems to be ok. had one drink on my bill which i didn't ordered but there was no further problem - was removed

Great place, great staff and just general great atmosphere. Things organized every night but no pressure to join if you have other plans. Swimming pool is great especially after a long day riding around Angkor wat.

• 24th Oct 2014

The Downtown Siem Reap Hostel is a hostel definitely targeted towards a younger crowd. The staff were friendly and informative and the place was clean and comfortable. However, the food was surprisingly expensive (for very small portions) and the whole place felt like a fraternity or sorority, with people being obnoxious and surprisingly disrespectful to Cambodia. Perhaps, I chose a poor week and maybe others will have a better experience. Still, friendly and informative staff were appreciated!

Been in S.E Asia for three months. This place has, without doubt, the best atmosphere I've experienced. Staff are young and always up for a laugh; there's a really nice swimming pool; dorms are basic but all you need; food is excellent and location is just 5 minutes from Pub Street.

I had a great time here. It was a really friendly and welcoming environment. Obviously there is a fair bit to do in the area, and the hostel was great. Having a pool was amazing, and all the people I met there were really easy to get on with. Also, the owners daughter is unbelievably adorable. The hostel exceeded my expectations, and I would go back there if I were to be in the area again.

Some good staff and some that needed to chill out a bit on the rules. Seemed like some people were always getting told off for little things. The in house menu was really good but there was a big push for you to eat only their food. Love the pool and Craig was such a great help with my onward bookings. He really went above and beyond. All up I'll be back for sure.

We had a great stay at Downtown Siem Reap Hostel. The atmosphere was awesome and the staff were on the whole very helpful. The rooms were good, with a great location to the main areas we wanted to visit. Their were lockers, however it would be so much more useful if there was some space in the rooms to keep possessions. I would definitely recommend this hostel to others and am likely to come back and use it myself. The pool just tops of the hostel with somewhere to cool off at the end of the day

• 20th Sep 2014

Great location, I initially booked for 2 days and stayed 9, simply because the location was great. Maybe because I spent all of my time out with local friends I never really clicked, but every night they have a sort of group function, usually quite a partyparty thing. The advice they gave was great. When I was there the staff turnover was hired one day new the next, about 4 times, so potentially a job just ask the boss :) I did have a great time there.

Amazing place - particularly liked the bar next to the pool which served good food and beer and provided an amazing atmosphere. I recommend using the free pick up with $15 dollar tuk tuk tour of the temples as it was excellent value for money.

Tab system which seemed to add up to a lot more as the owner didn't explain that it's $10 a night for aircon........ A lot of work was getting done I.e reconstruction so should be better in future good location and great pool would stay again if I had to.

This is a great place to stay, friendly staff, cheap and a Nice pool good food and drinks! The location is also great, and you can easily Walk to pub Street and food and markets!:) and Mark the owner is great!👍

• 5th Sep 2014
  • Denmark

The owner was super sweet and very helpful. We were traveling on bus and he sent drivers to pick us up. He also was very friendly and attentive during our stay. It was a great blessing to be there, and we enjoyed the pool a lot :D

• 2nd Sep 2014

Great place to meet new people and party. You can chill in the pool after a long day in Angkor Wat. Staff is good and helpful.

Fantastic location for pub street and visiting Angkor wat. The pool was a great bonus and the owner was very accommodating.

Great place to be!! You can drink cocktails in the pool till late in the evening!!

• 12th Aug 2014

This is a good review so bear with me. So there was a mixup with the rooms because the arrival time got mixed up so I lost my room. Mark quickly fixed the problem and I was well on my way to a very good three days :) That shows me Mark is totally on the ball. The only issue I had was that the wifi was a little weak... but that's it! Ill look these guys up again if I ever find myself in Siem Reap again.

• 12th Aug 2014

Had a great time, and Mark was very helpful in suggesting things to do around town as well as places to see in Cambodia.

• 5th Aug 2014
  • All Male Group, 25-30

Great hostel! Nice staff who are so helpful when advising what to see and where to eat etc. Great pool area and good food.

Loved this place! Such a cool hostel with a really good/cheap happy hour. Breakfast is awesome and such good value for money. Good air con and friendly staff. Wanted to stay longer but they were fully booked.

had a great stay! not the cheapest place in town but definitely still worth the money! the chef made delicious dishes, khmer and western style all the staff is attentive and helpful. the reception is attended 24 / 7 and they even rebooked me into a private at 3 am. after an unexpected encounter on my way to the dorm ;-) keep on guys! will come back if i decide to visit siem reap again!

• 16th Jul 2014