Downtown Siem Reap Hostel Reviews

#0369 Wat Damnak Village, Siem Reap, Cambodia

Fine place, but The staff just tries to screw everyone by adding random Food and drinks to your personal bill, and when you tell them its wrong they correct your bill, but fail to give back the right amount of change. Im not the only one who had this experience and heard it from 4 others too. It all happend with the big staff guy.. Mate!

We loved our stay at the downtown Siem reap hostel. They were super helpful with tours of Angkor (providing a driver who took us on a set circuit the first day and then to the temples of our choosing the second day) and transport to the airport. Great laundry service & tasty food and beer. The pool was outstanding. My only complaint was that the wifi didn't work inside our room, but it was fine in the common area. We'd come back in a heartbeat!

• 26th Jun 2015

Massive massive thank you to Doyle, Lee and Jim for making me feel so welcome and looking after us. This hostel is awesome, great pool, always clean, all staff so friendly. Literally one small problem was wifi connection wasn't great in the rooms. Very close to town, gym close by. I will be coming back here

• 25th Jun 2015

Very social hostel and great place to meet people. I really liked Jim, he is a friendly Cambodian guy who works there. The were a few shower problems, so I couldn't take a shower for 2 days. They tried it to solve soon as possible. Also the shower can be better cleans even the hallways. Everything is on abill. make sure you check this carefully. they put some things on it that I didn't bought!

Really good stay, I have literally no complaints! I'm really scraping the barrel for negatives when I say check in time is a bit later than is ideal.

Favourite hostel in SE Asia so far!

Central location, loads of eateries (local and western) within walking distance, around 15-min tuk tuk ride to Angkor Wat. Clean facilities and awesome pool. Staff are very friendly and helpful (especially Jim!) It's pretty convenient to arrange transportation to the temples/attractions through hostel, my driver Kheang is very professional and nice, highly recommended (:

Had a great stay for a really good price. Downtown has a good vibe and great staff. Shout out to serena who was absolutely lovely and really helpful! Pub street is like a 5 minute walk and the pool is great. Me and my friend bought circus tickets here and would really recommend you go, worth the money and was amazing!

The WiFi didnt work and the staff didnt care! If I had known this before I wouldnt have booked the hostel. In addition, the A/C didnt work correctly. We were repeatly told to it off, give it some time and try it again. After a couple of days complaining, the mechanic finally arrived. You constantly have to smell the sewer when being downstars at the bar/pool. Morover there are construction works going on. No discount whatsoever. Wouldnt book this hostel another time and cant recommend it.

I'm sorry to say the wi-fi was down for the 2 or 3 days while you were with us, a fault of the provider and not our system. Septic tanks need to be emptied too when they are full- hence the smell for a morning. And yes, we're building a new bar and restaurant, but on the adjoining property, so the inconvenience is there, but minimal. You did in fact receive a 25% discount too. And I can assure any reader that we are a responsible hostel, and act on any guest's problems immediately.

The hostel is very well located, close to the Old Market and Pub Street. It also has a pool, which can be good in a very hot day. You can also keep your luggage there if you have to check out but still have some time in town. However the air con wasn't working correctly and the cleaning ladies came in our room everyday at 8 am-9am to clean the toilet, waking up everybody. Why so early?? Couldn't they wait until check out time?

The atmosphere in this hostel makes it. The room I stay in for small for 6 beds, the A/C was old and didn't work very well so there was always a smell of teenage boy in there, no lights or sockets at your own bed. Food is a tad overpriced, but the drink measures are perfectly reasonably :) the sun lounges need to be replaced as only 3 are functional. The location is great but next door you can get a private room was less!

Good community atmosphere and an amazing staff. Keep it up guys. I went for 2 days and stayed for 7. Good times

• 22nd May 2015

The place are good for young adults, it is near to the Pubstreet. Staff are so nice and food is good too.

Couldn't really pick a fault with it. Really friendly staff, good location right by the night market just across the bridge from the city centre, good value restaurant etc. Whole city had a power cut and the hostel went out of their way to make up for it (even though it wasn't their fault) by giving out free beer to everyone.

The dorms were clean with good air con. The pool was nice to have. The food wasnt great in terms of value for money - generally small portions and low quality. Some of the English speaking staff were kind of rude and didn't seem to know the area at all. One behind the bar ranting to guests about how all Cambodian food was 'vile' and 'disgusting' and the food eaten by the Khmer staff made him sick. I thought this was a really weird move when you're supposed to be welcoming people to a country.

Im just replying to address this issue as i know the situation which your speaking about very well, it was in actual fact a group of customers and me talking and joking about food in general, i personally believe people have different tastes in food and i find it odd that you would criticize the hostel because my taste in food is different to yours. All our food is freshly made everyday and im sorry that it didnt suit your taste. have a pleasant stay in phnom penn

Downtown was great fun to stay at. Good staff, decent room&&loads of people around ready for a party. I had a great time!!

Def a social hostel with good vibes !! Very important: swimmingpool! Def need that after a visit to the temples. Staff is super friendly and helpfull with anything you need.

The rooms are very basic but the pool was nice. I stayed 5 days and 3 days we had power cuts from 5-6 AM to 10 - 1 PM meaning no AC, Wifi or even showers or toilets stop working. Very inconvenient as it get really hot and you cannot take shower or do anything. I stayed in other places in SR where the power cuts never lasted more than few minutes or they use generators.

Average hostel but fine for cost paid. the bus service arranged by the hostel was horrendous, not their fault but arrange different but based on independent reviews. Power kept cutting off. Beds and air con a plus.

Siem Reap has been plagued by power cuts the last two weeks, once for 4 days, and various cuts since. The city appears to be back to normal now- sorry for your inconvenience, but completely out of our control I'm afraid, but very frustrating for both parts nevertheless. We're awaiting your reply by email regarding the bus, and will look into the complaint once received from you. Thanks anyway for your review.

Bad ass hostel. They have a pool, bar, food, music, and great hangout area. Great location. Plenty of travelers. Only thing that sucks is you have to give them your passport as a security deposit.

Thanks for your review Jason- very positive. I'd just like to add though, that delivery of passport is only done for those who run a tab, and your tab was pretty bad- this is our security, The other option is to pay a 50$ deposit on the room, and pay the tab off each evening at reception- then we don't need the passport. Sorry if you were not given this second option. Hopefully we'll see you again in the future.Mark

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4