Downtown Siem Reap Hostel Reviews

#0369 Wat Damnak Village, Siem Reap, Cambodia

The owner was super sweet and very helpful. We were traveling on bus and he sent drivers to pick us up. He also was very friendly and attentive during our stay. It was a great blessing to be there, and we enjoyed the pool a lot :D

• 2nd Sep 2014

Great place to meet new people and party. You can chill in the pool after a long day in Angkor Wat. Staff is good and helpful.

Fantastic location for pub street and visiting Angkor wat. The pool was a great bonus and the owner was very accommodating.

Great place to be!! You can drink cocktails in the pool till late in the evening!!

• 12th Aug 2014

This is a good review so bear with me. So there was a mixup with the rooms because the arrival time got mixed up so I lost my room. Mark quickly fixed the problem and I was well on my way to a very good three days :) That shows me Mark is totally on the ball. The only issue I had was that the wifi was a little weak... but that's it! Ill look these guys up again if I ever find myself in Siem Reap again.

• 12th Aug 2014

Had a great time, and Mark was very helpful in suggesting things to do around town as well as places to see in Cambodia.

• 5th Aug 2014
  • All Male Group, 25-30

Great hostel! Nice staff who are so helpful when advising what to see and where to eat etc. Great pool area and good food.

Loved this place! Such a cool hostel with a really good/cheap happy hour. Breakfast is awesome and such good value for money. Good air con and friendly staff. Wanted to stay longer but they were fully booked.

had a great stay! not the cheapest place in town but definitely still worth the money! the chef made delicious dishes, khmer and western style all the staff is attentive and helpful. the reception is attended 24 / 7 and they even rebooked me into a private at 3 am. after an unexpected encounter on my way to the dorm ;-) keep on guys! will come back if i decide to visit siem reap again!

• 16th Jul 2014
  • Switzerland

Staff were amazing, especially the young couple running it. Very friendly and hospitable. Just changed management so ignore previous managerial comments from three weeks ago and older (if I'm right). BBQ night which was really yummy, they have a pool but locker is at reception. 6 bed dorm was good but only one plug point in the room, but you are in Cambodia! Beds a little squeaky too but overall I'd definitely recommend this place. Good vibe, great for meeting people and excellent location

Would definitely stay again. Friendly staff and great location- 5ish minute walk from pub street. Great atmosphere and excellent for meeting other travellers!! Pool handy for days not doing temples etc. Can organise transport to temples through hostel for 15$ a tuk tuk.

• 15th Jul 2014

Very friendly staff!! The room I initially went to was dirty, so the host upgraded my room and I was very satisfied. The room was painted green but appeared to be a rush job, butt the bed was comfortable and the bathroom clean.

Nice hostel which is close to the nightmarket and not in a busy touristic area. had a double room which was spacious. Helpful and friendly staff

Excellent hostel for the price, it was really cheap. Only breakfast is a bit expensive, but the pool makes up for all of that!

• 5th Jul 2014

No complaints really. Saw one bug. Clean beds, decent bathroom. Helpful English speaking staff and really close to the Night Market and Pub Street. Really cheap too. Don't be deterred by depositing your passport when you check in.

Free pick-up service from the busstation! Very nice rooms and also the pool area is lovely! We enjoied our stay very much!!

• 19th Jun 2014

This hostel was awesome although we came in the slow season not many travellers there. The only issue was the owner he is very passive aggressive, only nice to you if it's to his benefit.

Great atmosphere and great staff. Great place to hang out with a pool, bar and close to the old market. Meet lots of great people here. Ashton

Had a fantastic stay here! Really social place a 5 min walk away from the old market/pub street area away. Met loads of fellow travelers. The pool area is great! Really good food too. Big thanks to Georgia and Mark who really looked after us during our stay. Would definitely recommend! Thanks!

Bar staff great reception staff not good and often try to rip you off, good hostel tainted slightly and laundry is too expensive

Thanks for your comments, but just need to state that we take 1$ a kg for laundry, washed, dried and ironed, and 2$ for express machine wash- it's done as a service with no profit to the hostel at all, and is impossible to do cheaper, otherwise it would be done at a loss.