Downtown Siem Reap Hostel Reviews

#0369 Wat Damnak Village, Siem Reap, Cambodia

Great pool and bar. Rooms are thoroughly cleaned daily. Staff are very helpful and attentive. Two items of clothing got marked when I got my laundry back but I brought it up with the staff n they were very understanding and didn't charge me for it. The food is EXCELLENT. A little bit pricier than local places in town but you really pay for higher quality so it's worth the extra dollar or two.

Nice place to meet people, delicious food and good location.. Didn't have problems during my stay here- they even arranged a tuktuk to pick me up from the bus station and the driver still waited for me even when there was a delay in my bus arrival. Good hostel overall.

Very nice stay; close to pub street, but not too close. Towels were never available on request, so maybe buy more towels for the rotation.. but otherwise, nothing negative to say. Beware the brownies ;)

Great price for the location. The staff was very helpful and the facilities were in a central location to attractions.

Very good location, nice and helpful staff, clean rooms and good facilities, including a big pool. Overall very good value for the price!

Despite a very nice owner, the organisation of this hostel was ridiculously bad. The staff were neither friendly nor great at English. We arrived by bus and had asked for their free pickup service, but was never picked up. When we got there, they didn't have our reservation but managed to put us in different rooms and told us we'd have to check out and in again the day after. The day after they had forgotten everything and couldn't find room. They payed for a hotel, but it was rather stressful.

Upon our arrival the bathrooms were filthy, generally they're ok but there is no hot water. The pool and bar were great, when they were open it was an awesome atmosphere. Reception is helpful and the prices are good, but there is little security and no lockers in the rooms. The location is good. Overall it was ok. We would stay somewhere else next time unless security was increased and hot water was available.

A really nice place to stay! Met a smart people there and location is really good!

Great pool and cocktails - avoid the spangle juice as it is lethal!! Food is good but the service is slow. Rooms were clean and had lockable cupboards with chargers. Allow plenty of time for checkout as the staff are in no hurry.

We had a great time here - the barman, Fayne? (not sure how its spelt sorry!), was really good at bringing different groups together, keeping drinks flowing and knew exactly what time to bring out the beer pong table (in the pool!!). Location and facilities were great, although wifi was patchy. Only negative - I was told I couldn't have a towel because the sun wasn't shining so they hadn't dried yet... the next day I got handed a damp one! Not great...

We had booked a room at the hostel, but they accidentally double-booked our room so we got upgraded to the very newly opened hotel around the corner. The location is perfect for walking to pub street and the markets, and they can easily arrange a tuk tuk to take you around Angkor Wat for the day. They have a wide selection of delicious, cheap food that you can order at almost any time of day. Overall we had a great experience here and would definitely recommend it!

• 13th Dec 2013

too expensive for what it is. bunkbeds are a bit dodgy. there are better places for this kind of money in siem reap.

Sink and toilets are leaking, overpriced, and Mold in bathroom

• 8th Dec 2013
  • Norway

Came into my room at night with bugs all over my bed and the room dead. Beds are super squeaky and showers are horrible. The building looks like it's a half built run-down squatters house. Nothing special about this place. No security whatsoever and they wanted to keep my passport. Stay at Siem Reap Hostel instead.

200 meters off Pub Street, a 30,000 dollar pool, new garden furniture, chilled bar with cheap drinks, 5 star food, and all for 5 dollars- got to be the best squatters house this side of the North Pole.

Beside the fact that they changed our booking without notifying us until we arrived there late at night, our stay in Downtown Siem Reap Hostel was excellent. They provided a free pick up from the bus station, rooms were clean with a working hot water and a/c and staff are friendly. Great for backpackers.

Was a bit disappointed with my stay as the lamps on the bed didn't work, the door handle to the shower broke and each morning the shower was cold. One of the person in the dorm informed the staff but the problem wasn't resolved. Although the beds were clean and i met some nice people to go out socialising with, making it an overall average stay.

Nice staff, great location, about a five minute walk to the night market, pub street and the central area. Nice clean pool to swim in, a lawn for relaxing and a great little bar.

I had a great time at the hostel, it has everything you need, great rooms, wonderful food and exceptional staff, thanks to Craig, Fayne and little Lynn for making my stay such a memorable one. I would highly recommend this hostel to anyone !! Mizz Mojo x

Loved our stay here. The two staff working here were awesome and got us ridiculously drunk. Cambodia is so beautiful one of my favourite destinations to date. The staff here are really friendly, rooms are nice and the pool and facilities are great. Cool atmosphere and pretty easy to meet young like minded travellers.

The best part of our Cambodia tour was there... We had a great fun